PDA

View Full Version : Gus McPherson (arse)

roy609
18-08-2009, 12:00 PM
just been watching the spl highlights on sky. The St Mirren player that got sent off on saturday can have no arguments about his straight red card, it was as bad a challenge as your likely to see this season. In fact he was lucky to get away with a blatant kick out at Rankin on seconds before. Word of advive Gus, shut the **** up till you view the evidence.

givescotlandfreedom
18-08-2009, 12:02 PM
:agree: He's set them out to play like that.

maturehibby
18-08-2009, 12:09 PM
just been watching the spl highlights on sky. The St Mirren player that got sent off on saturday can have no arguments about his straight red card, it was as bad a challenge as your likely to see this season. In fact he was lucky to get away with a blatant kick out at Rankin on seconds before. Word of advive Gus, shut the **** up till you view the evidence.

So wise words from one so young _ also detest him for his rounding on my son and giving him a disgusting swearing to at a reserve game at Livvie for having the audacity to disagree with a decision that McPherson made against the referee .
Comes across as a soft spoken butter wouldent melt in his mouth person but is a "Snake" in real life

Dashing Bob S
18-08-2009, 12:10 PM
I note in today's Herald that this nutcase is still moaning about the ref's verdict on Thomson's attempted assassination on Cregg and wishing he had the power to speak out, so 'incensed' is he at the decision.

I also heartily wish he had the power to speak out, as it would be utterly fascinating to watch him dig himself further into this hole of his own making by trying to justify that assault, which was witnessed from all angles by the television cameras.

Once he calms down and gets off his high horse, he might just realise that the law to stop him criticising the refs is actually serving to protect him from his own foolhardiness.

Westie1875
18-08-2009, 12:12 PM
He is still at it in todays sun;

Saints won't appeal Thomson's ordering off but MacPherson says more players will receive their marching orders if officials are deeming that challenge a straight red.
He said: "There were two challenges that were as bad, if not worse. Does this mean you're not allowed sliding tackles?
"Steven was in control of what he was doing, he went for the ball. There were challenges from Hibs players where both legs were off the ground, that's very risky."

Absolute nonsense, he is just making himself look like a bitter moron now. :dummytit:

If they really did not think it was a red then they would be appealing it. :bye:

--------
18-08-2009, 12:34 PM

Saints won't appeal Thomson's ordering off but MacPherson says more players will receive their marching orders if officials are deeming that challenge a straight red.
He said: "There were two challenges that were as bad, if not worse. Does this mean you're not allowed sliding tackles?
"Steven was in control of what he was doing, he went for the ball. There were challenges from Hibs players where both legs were off the ground, that's very risky."

Absolute nonsense, he is just making himself look like a bitter moron now. :dummytit:

If they really did not think it was a red then they would be appealing it. :bye:

I don't think they can appeal the red on the grounds that "that bad boy Cregg hut oor boy furst".

This is McPherson making a fuss now to deter referees from booking St Mirren players in similar circumstances later on in the season. Mind-games, in fact.

Hugh Dallas should explain to Gus that you're allowed to tackle hard, as long as you do it fairly - even if it hurts the other guy. Thomson's challenge on Cregg was illegal - 2 footed, from behind, and with violent intent.

Just because we played without a midfield last season doesn't mean we're going to do that every season. What was it old Corporal Jones used to say?

H1B33 1875
18-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Gus Mcpherson is a grade A f*nny, how he can protest against that sending off is unbelievable!! The boy should be done for assault!!

matty_f
18-08-2009, 02:39 PM
It was as clear a red card as you'll see all season (unless you follow Hearts Nil, of course).

I can't think what McPherson has to complain about.:confused:

hibsdaft
18-08-2009, 03:08 PM
he's only making a fool of himself whinging about this imo

Broken Gnome
18-08-2009, 03:17 PM
He's got a slight point in that there were a few Hibs challenges that were overly risky with a ref who'd be quite keen to even the numbers up. McBride had one he rather jumped into in particular. Difference being these tackles were fairly controlled. If you watch the BBC camera angles it's a red for the lunge. If you look from the HI cameras it's a red for the horrible swipe he has with Thomson's trailing leg. In control of what he was doing my @rse, it was the type of OTT challenge you'll often see on an opponent when he's just won his own strong tackle. Reckless and a red card, simple.

Golden Bear
18-08-2009, 03:58 PM
A real classic title to this thread!

:greengrin

RoYO!
18-08-2009, 04:07 PM
he's only making a fool of himself whinging about this imo

thoroughly agree, surely most of the saints fans can see sense in this, like EVERYONE else. surely the're getting embarrassed by him

El Gubbz
18-08-2009, 04:13 PM

Think one of them might have been Bamba's on the edge of the box where either Higdon or Mehmet jumper over him quite early on in the game, cant think of another one though:confused:

New Corrie
18-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Well our manager doesn't seem to think he's an erse, and I would imagine he is better judge. McPherson is managing a poverty stricken SPL club with no resources, fighting for every scrap. It's the Yogis and McPhersons of the managerial world that I respect...honest, hard working, genuine football men. They might not come across the greatest, and make twats of themselves now and again, but they are certainly NOT erses!

hibee_nation
18-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Well our manager doesn't seem to think he's an erse, and I would imagine he is better judge. McPherson is managing a poverty stricken SPL club with no resources, fighting for every scrap. It's the Yogis and McPhersons of the managerial world that I respect...honest, hard working, genuine football men. They might not come across the greatest, and make twats of themselves now and again, but they are certainly NOT erses!

What lodge is McPherson a member of then. :greengrin

New Corrie
18-08-2009, 04:27 PM
What lodge is McPherson a member of then. :greengrin

That I couldn't tell you. No doubt some paranoid Celtic fan might be able to tell you. Didn't even know he was a Lodge Member....I've only just found out that he's an erse..apparantly!

blackpoolhibs
18-08-2009, 04:38 PM

So he's a twat, but not an erse. Glad you cleared that up.:greengrin

monktonharp
18-08-2009, 10:31 PM
Well our manager doesn't seem to think he's an erse, and I would imagine he is better judge. McPherson is managing a poverty stricken SPL club with no resources, fighting for every scrap. It's the Yogis and McPhersons of the managerial world that I respect...honest, hard working, genuine football men. They might not come across the greatest, and make twats of themselves now and again, but they are certainly NOT erses!similar thoughts to mine about the guy.:agree:

Dashing Bob S
19-08-2009, 03:18 AM
Don't think he is a 'twat' or an 'erse' but I do think he certainly is behaving like one on this issue.

maturehibby
19-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Its yogi's fault by changing dugouts at ER we can no longer tell Gus and other away managers what they are . We lower west men are lost at moment as the Managers are out of our range for shouting at .
Can I therefor ask the fans behind the new away end to take up our cudgel and get stuck into them

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-08-2009, 03:16 PM
If he doesn't think that it was a red card then he should appeal. If he is not going to appeal then he should shut his gob. Trouble is when you have set yourself up like this phanny has, he can't really take the chance that the any panel would vindicate the ref.