PDA

View Full Version : NHC Arsenal or Celtic: Who do you want to win?

Alicky Ranks
18-08-2009, 09:41 AM
I'm still grateful for Tony Mowbray for what he did at Hibs, but when it comes to the Old Firm I want them beat every time, except when they play Hearts. I'll even back the gooners tonight despite being a QPR fan!

Steve20
18-08-2009, 09:46 AM
I hope Arsenal hammer them.

bighairyfaeleith
18-08-2009, 09:47 AM
I had to go celtic just because long term it's better for us if a scottish teams gets through, ****ing hate celtic but so did sway back and forth a bit

RoslinInstHibby
18-08-2009, 09:48 AM
it's not even an anti old firm thing for me that wants Arsenal to win tonight, i just love watching good football. Arsenal in full flow are fab to watch and i want teams like that to win every game.

that fact that its celtic is just a nice wee bonus:wink:

Danderhall Hibs
18-08-2009, 09:50 AM
Started off wanting Arsenal to pump them but listening to TalkSport and hearing the English saying best league in the world vs pub league and all the rest makes me want Celtc to do them.

I’ll probably change my mind again before k/o though.

Steve20
18-08-2009, 09:51 AM
If Celtic go through, they will get more money. I can't understand why any Hibs fan would want this.

Mag7
18-08-2009, 09:53 AM
Mon the Gunners! Sod this talk about the OF doing well in Europe being good for the Scottish game. It's good for nobody but them. I'd love to see Celtic hammered even if Mogga is the boss. He tarnished his reputation a bit in my eyes by returning to the crappy old SPL.

thefamousfive
Arsenal for me. Used to like scottish teams to do well but we need to hit an all time low with the ugly sisters getting knocked out / well beaten early so we can radicalize the game in Scotland. The whole system needs to be revamped like our cousins in france managed to do not so long ago.

Hiber-nation
If Celtic go through, they will get more money. I can't understand why any Hibs fan would want this.

Don't give a monkey's, I'd always want a Scottish team to beat an English team, unless of course it was hearts, in which case I'd want them to get pumped.

stu in nottingham
18-08-2009, 09:55 AM
A Scottish team over an an English one every time.

wazoo1875
18-08-2009, 10:00 AM
:agree:

Hainan Hibs
18-08-2009, 10:03 AM
Couldn't really care but if I was pushed I would say I'd want a few Celtc goals because of the English opinion towards their league and ours.

Hibbyradge
18-08-2009, 10:05 AM

In general, I agree, and I usually want our teams to win against whoever they are playing in Europe.

Years ago, I even used to want HOMFC to win in Europe, but I'm not so magnanimous when it comes to them anymore.

Steve20
18-08-2009, 10:06 AM
Don't give a monkey's, I'd always want a Scottish team to beat an English team, unless of course it was hearts, in which case I'd want them to get pumped.

Fair enough. I have just never understood wanting a club team to win because they happen to be Scottish. It's not like its the national team.

Anyway, Mon the Gunners. :wink:

Saorsa
18-08-2009, 10:09 AM
No really bothered about the Scottish/English thing when it comes tae club fitba and games involving the OF (or the many mob). Dinnae have a favourite English team so I'm indifferent towards Arsenal or any other English club winning, I hate the OF and I wouldnae want them tae win a game of tiddlywinks, I hope the smellies get hammered.

Ray_
18-08-2009, 10:12 AM

:agree: Down here, any English win over a Scottish club just fuels the fire about our 5ft rate football clubs.

Betty Boop
18-08-2009, 10:16 AM
Celtic all the way!

MacBean
18-08-2009, 10:18 AM
:hmmm:toughy for me...

1. Celtic winning is good for Scottish football and our Coefficients for future qualifying. :tin hat: If Celtic do lose however, they will simply be demoted to the Europa League group stages, so that could further our coefficients.

2. Celtic going thru means Rangers dont get all the Tv revenue etc, taking them one step closer to oblivion. On the other hand, Celtic get more money to poach our boys :grr:

3. Arsenal are one of the most entertaining football teams in Europe just now and they are playing Celtic, one of our sworn enemies.

:dizzy:

dublinhfc
18-08-2009, 10:19 AM
I will be watching Eastenders and Holby City! :wink:

Hate Sellick as they are manky lice ridden heritage stealing clartbags, however they are a Scottish team :rolleyes: and therfor will have my full support this evening.......

MacBean
18-08-2009, 10:19 AM
Celtic. Yes they'll get more money but then they have to pay over the odds for players and salaries ( apart from the freebies ). Then their midweek adventures will take its toll for the more mundane SPL matches at the weekend.

The next plus is that the OF fans and media (same thing?) genuinely start to believe they can win it. so the final right royal humping is so much better. As smokey once said when talking about the great unwashed OF fans, it's easy to trace the tracks of their tears :agree:

they will still have midweek adventures, at least 6 of them in the Europa League group stages, and even more if they get through the group!!

Baldy Foghorn
18-08-2009, 10:22 AM
Celtic have raped our club since 1888.......

Come on Gunners

Zimmy
The only time I want the Bigot Brothers to win is when they play Hertz, pump it right up them Arsene. :thumbsup:

Holmesdale Hibs
A tough one but voted for Celtic as I live in London and get fed up of being patronised about how p1sh our league is. Won't be too bothered if they get beat though.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-08-2009, 10:24 AM
Celtic. So that when we toast them in a couple of weeks we can say we could live in the EPL. Acually one season would be fine with all that cash and parachute money.

ronaldo7
18-08-2009, 10:24 AM
An Irish team against an English team. Who gives a :duck:

khib70
18-08-2009, 10:26 AM
A "Scottish" team whose fans booed a pipe band at Man City and launched into the"Soldiers' Song"?:rolleyes: They can't revel in their plastic Oirishness all the time and then expect to be supported as representatives of Scotland.Hell mend the arrogant bazzas. Mon the Gunners!

basehibby
18-08-2009, 10:30 AM
Having lived in England for about 12 years I know as fact just how patronising the media (as well as many fans) are towards Scottish football. They will be going on about how it's a foregone conclusion and looking scornfully down their noses at us.
So - got to be the "Scottish" team - even if the Smelts will get a financial boost, it will be worth it knowing that the **** that passes as journalists from the Sun etc will be eating their copy.

MrSmith
18-08-2009, 10:33 AM
doesn't really matter!

If you watched the game on Saturday, Arsenal totally humped Everton in every aspect of the game and for me, I think this is how it will be tonight unless Celtic play 11 -0 - 0!

Baldy Foghorn
18-08-2009, 10:37 AM
The sectarian bile that gushes from both sides of the old firm, makes me despise them both.....

Hope that they lose every time they are in Europe, as I am opposed to everything that they stand for......

For the record, and avoidance of doubt, I also hope Hearts get pumped on Thursday too.......

stu in nottingham
18-08-2009, 10:42 AM
A "Scottish" team whose fans booed a pipe band at Man City and launched into the"Soldiers' Song"?:rolleyes: They can't revel in their plastic Oirishness all the time and then expect to be supported as representatives of Scotland.Hell mend the arrogant bazzas. Mon the Gunners!

I see your point entirely but I don't believe that every Celtic fan is 'Plastic Oirish'. The latter, and they are admittedly of a significant number, are just the more vocal (and ridiculous). Arsenal and the league they operate in can hardly be considered bereft of arrogance over the years either.

Phil MaGlass
18-08-2009, 10:45 AM
Normally I would go for Arsenal BUT the english mentality sways it for me, pub league and all that, we know its not the best but dont rub it in ya er5es.
I actually wanted hertz tae win on thursday for some strange reason asweel,but after their 2-0 defeat Im enjoying them get humped more than anything, oh, its difficult,***it, cmoan the Zagreb mob.

khib70
18-08-2009, 10:48 AM
I see your point entirely but I don't believe that every Celtic fan is 'Plastic Oirish'. The latter, and they are admittedly of a significant number, are just the more vocal (and ridiculous). Arsenal and the league they operate in can hardly be considered bereft of arrogance over the years either.
Fair point. Especially the last sentence. I just don't see the OF as "Scottish" - in the sense that a significant section of their support identifies more with England/Ireland. However, we'd better screw the nut or we'll have Jack Regan on our backs any minute:yawn:

James70
18-08-2009, 10:51 AM
I will always back a team from the SPL in European competition. We have suffered enough embarrassment recently and it would be great if a Scottish team could knock out one of the big four from the Premiership.

Moody Mulder
18-08-2009, 10:52 AM
think the parkhead game might be tight with arsenal winning by the odd goal but can see celtic getting hammered in the capital next week

givescotlandfreedom
18-08-2009, 11:08 AM
I hope Celtc get absolutely annihilated and as a result go bust and their fans leave the country. Then the same thing happens to Rangers next week.

Dashing Bob S
18-08-2009, 11:11 AM
The Arsenal. Taking the lad to the Parkhead hozzy, he's from London and a fan, with Hibs his Scottish team.

givescotlandfreedom
18-08-2009, 11:12 AM
For those who it's a Scottish/English thing for I wonder how many Scots and English will be playing tonight.

Hibbyradge
18-08-2009, 11:20 AM

It's not the fans I'm supporting.

Seany HFC 7-0
18-08-2009, 11:22 AM
I dont bother about this 'good for Scottish Football' nonsense. Hope the get pumped :wink:

Hibbyradge
18-08-2009, 11:24 AM
doesn't really matter!

If you watched the game on Saturday, Arsenal totally humped Everton in every aspect of the game and for me, I think this is how it will be tonight unless Celtic play 11 -0 - 0!

I'm not so sure.

Everton just didn't turn up. Their defensive errors were horrific.

The 5 - 0 scoreline isn't a reflection on Arsenal's ability in that game, more on Everton's lack of it.

I don't think Arsenal will be particularly looking forward to playing at Parkhead either, where Celtic have had some fantastic results against English opposition.

I think the tie won't be settled until the Emirates.

Joe Baker II
18-08-2009, 11:26 AM

Why is the Soldiers Song indicative of what you describe as "plastic Oirishness"?

And where is the evidence Celtic fans "expect to be supported as representatives of Scotland." I would imagine most Scots will be supporting Celtic because overall it is better for Scottish football if they prevail not because Celtic fans expect to be supported. Particularly when playing against a team from a league who as Stu in Nottingham rightly says is not bereft of arrogance (far in excess of any arrogance one ever gets from Celtic fans - this does not mean it does not exist but it is minor issue).

givescotlandfreedom
18-08-2009, 11:33 AM
Why is the Soldiers Song indicative of what you describe as "plastic Oirishness"?

"Soldiers are we whose lives are pledged to Ireland" sung by Weegies, many of whom have never been to Ireland and probably don't know what they're "fighting" for.

JimBHibees
18-08-2009, 11:34 AM
For those who it's a Scottish/English thing for I wonder how many Scots and English will be playing tonight.

Probably more English players in the Celtic team. Well, Fox anyway. :greengrin

Celtic - Caldwell, Maloney, Brown (-maybe), McTraitor :greengrin
Arsenal - 0.

Dashing Bob S
18-08-2009, 11:35 AM
Can't wait to see Calamity v Van Persie.

JimBHibees
18-08-2009, 11:37 AM
I'm not so sure.

The 5 - 0 scoreline isn't a reflection on Arsenal's ability in that game, more on Everton's lack of it.

I don't think Arsenal will be particularly looking forward to playing at Parkhead either, where Celtic have had some fantastic results against English opposition.

Would agree with that. They were flattered however are very good and in Arshavin and Fabregas they have top quality IMO.

Think Celtic will need to go 5 in midfield with Brown in for McDonald and try and be physical and noise them up, right up SB's street as Arsenal's discipline is suspect. Wouldnt be surprised if Celtic nicked in by 1-0 however if putting money 1-1 would be the shout for me.

Hibbyradge
18-08-2009, 11:38 AM
"Soldiers are we whose lives are pledged to Ireland" sung by Weegies, many of whom have never been to Ireland and probably don't know what they're "fighting" for.

Surely one can pledge one's life to whomever one likes without having to actually fight?

In fact, I hereby pledge my life to Scotland.

PS As of now, I'm also sworn to be free. :greengrin

monktonharp
18-08-2009, 11:50 AM
think the parkhead game might be tight with arsenal winning by the odd goal but can see celtic getting hammered in the capital next weektheir no playing at ER NEXT WEEK:confused:

lyonhibs
18-08-2009, 11:54 AM
What a daft - IMO - question.

I sincerely hope Arsenal absolutely humiliate them.

J-C
18-08-2009, 11:56 AM
As much as I want Scottish teams to do well in Europe and help our ratings, I still hate the idea of the OF doing well, making even more money and using that money to make the gap even bigger.

givescotlandfreedom
18-08-2009, 11:58 AM
Surely one can pledge one's life to whomever one likes without having to actually fight?

In fact, I hereby pledge my life to Scotland.

PS As of now, I'm also sworn to be free. :greengrin

Sure it doesn't bother me but most of them may as well pledge their lives to Lapland s they're from there as much as they are from Ireland :santa

3pm
18-08-2009, 11:59 AM
Judging by what I witnessed at the service station on the way down to Bolton - I have never been so embarrassed to be Scottish - I hope they get the beating of their Giro stealing, soap dodging lives.

stu in nottingham
18-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Fair point. Especially the last sentence. I just don't see the OF as "Scottish" - in the sense that a significant section of their support identifies more with England/Ireland. However, we'd better screw the nut or we'll have Jack Regan on our backs any minute:yawn:

We wouldn't want that!

I dare say there might be a slightly different trend in opinions here generally between home-based Hibbies and those of us based in England! :greengrin

New Corrie
18-08-2009, 12:06 PM
Easy one this, English team versus the "Enemies of the State" who have nothing but contempt for the country in which they play. For all those who say they want the "Scottish" team to win...have a look and see how many Scotland flags are at the game!

Come on Arsenal

blackpoolhibs
18-08-2009, 12:09 PM
Up the arsenal, pump the crap out of the smellies.

Congruence
18-08-2009, 12:10 PM
Good luck to the tic this evening.

Moody Mulder
18-08-2009, 12:13 PM
their no playing at ER NEXT WEEK:confused:

oh have a wild stab in the dark about what capital city im talking about

basehibby
18-08-2009, 12:13 PM
We wouldn't want that!

I dare say there might be a slightly different trend in opinions here generally between home-based Hibbies and those of us based in England! :greengrin

:agree: - or those of us that have lived in ingerlund's green and pleasant land in the past - not too bad most of the time but the amount of patronising sneering that takes place ahead of this kind of encounter is generally enough to unbalance the mind such that you're even prepared to back the OF in the hope that much humble pie will be eaten!

khib70
18-08-2009, 12:14 PM
:agree:That's it in a nutshell, mate

stu in nottingham
18-08-2009, 12:16 PM
:agree: - or those of us that have lived in ingerlund's green and pleasant land in the past - not too bad most of the time but the amount of patronising sneering that takes place ahead of this kind of encounter is generally enough to unbalance the mind such that you're even prepared to back the OF in the hope that much humble pie will be eaten!

You've said pretty well everything I wanted to say. :greengrin It's not just before an event like this either...

Woody1985
18-08-2009, 12:17 PM
I like watching Celtic home matches on the telly on a Wed night.

P.S I don't have Sky.

Hibbyradge
18-08-2009, 12:20 PM
oh have a wild stab in the dark about what capital city im talking about

:tumble:

PeeKay
18-08-2009, 12:24 PM
The Huns are in deep financial ***** just now and they really need to keep all of the available CL money to themselves. A win for Celtic would prevent that happening. So, as I dislike both sides of the OF equally, this is a win-win situation for me. Either way, one half of the OF will miss out badly.

hibiedude
18-08-2009, 01:44 PM
it's not even an anti old firm thing for me that wants Arsenal to win tonight, i just love watching good football. Arsenal in full flow are fab to watch and i want teams like that to win every game.

that fact that its celtic is just a nice wee bonus:wink:

Have to agree Arsenal in full flow make then one of the best teams in the world to watch, celtic will toil tonight if Arsenal bring last saturday's form.

MrSmith
18-08-2009, 02:00 PM
I'm not so sure.

I don't think this is entirely fair. Arsenal created chances out of nothing, finishing moves off quickly and synically which devestated Everton leaving them chasing the game without a hope! And that's where Celtic will be undone: the sheer speed, finishing and style of football Arsenal play.

Arsenal, for me and in my opinion, were superb to watch on Saturday.

for Celtic to get anything out of this, they will need to defend deep and kill play from Arsenal in the midfield while attempting to hit on the break. Everything Celtic accuse all others of doing at Parkhead.

--------
18-08-2009, 02:03 PM
If Celtic go through, Rangers will have to split the Champions' League money with them.

Rangers fans in the Caldera are all backing Arsenal.

This would lead me to back Celtic tonight - just this once.

And it's always good to play them after an away game in the CL....

So unofficially, I suppose I'd not be TOO distraught if they beat Arsenal.

But equally, I'm not likely to be too sympathetic if they don't.

da-robster
18-08-2009, 02:05 PM
Arsenal.As I don't want them getting any money with which they csn take all our decent players but a good performance from celtc might improve the SPL's reputation but leave them with no financial gain.

Hibbyradge
18-08-2009, 02:07 PM
I don't think this is entirely fair. Arsenal created chances out of nothing, finishing moves off quickly and synically which devestated Everton leaving them chasing the game without a hope! And that's where Celtic will be undone: the sheer speed, finishing and style of football Arsenal play.

Arsenal, for me and in my opinion, were superb to watch on Saturday.

for Celtic to get anything out of this, they will need to defend deep and kill play from Arsenal in the midfield while attempting to hit on the break. Everything Celtic accuse all others of doing at Parkhead.

I'm not for a second suggesting Arsenal weren't good - their first goal in particular was superb - but Everton's defending truly was woeful.

Hibster
18-08-2009, 02:25 PM
Celtic. Don't care if it gets them more money - out of the two I'd prefer to see a team from Scotland get through than another team from England

sadtom
18-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Am happy enough to see any scottish club do well in europe, with the exceptions of huns and hertz, natch. But certainly dont ever lose any sleep over it if they dont do well.
If celtc win then it might shut the ignorant, pompous, erses in the english media up for maybe a picosecond. If arsenal win then it might shut up a few of the ignorant, arrogant, erses who glory hunt in scotland for a picosecond.

NOLA
18-08-2009, 02:51 PM
mon the GOONERS!:greengrin

gringojoe
18-08-2009, 02:56 PM
Arsenal. Hope they put 7 or 8 past Celtic tonight then do the same at the Emirates next week.

PeeJay
18-08-2009, 03:04 PM
Has to be the Scottish team for me. This Scottish "complex" thingy has embarrassed me immensely down through the years over here on the continent - either "we" all "hate" the English and support every/any other team only for everyone over here to ask me: why's that then? To which there is of course no sensible answer. Now suddenly we see people supporting an English team just because they're playing a particular Scottish team that "they" hate even more than the English! I mean ... :confused: It doesn't put a particularly good light on 'us' abroad! Anyone any idea why people persist in this nonsense?
FWIW, when England won the WC in 66 I thought it was great, and when Celtic's great team of 67 won the EC I was over the moon for them.

When a German team plays abroad: most Germans will support the German team although back in the Bundesliga they won't like them very much: seems normal to me somehow! I don't get 'our' stance!

Gmack7
18-08-2009, 03:08 PM
i have them on my fixed odds so its arsenal for me
and if i didn.t bet them it would still be arsenal

Hibbyradge
18-08-2009, 03:09 PM
Anyone any idea why people persist in this nonsense?

A wild guess?

Steve20
18-08-2009, 03:09 PM
Has to be the Scottish team for me. This Scottish "complex" thingy has embarrassed me immensely down through the years over here on the continent - either "we" all "hate" the English and support every/any other team only for everyone over here to ask me: why's that then? To which there is of course no sensible answer. Now suddenly we see people supporting an English team just because they're playing a particular Scottish team that "they" hate even more than the English! I mean ... :confused: It doesn't put a particularly good light on 'us' abroad! Anyone any idea why people persist in this nonsense?
FWIW, when England won the WC in 66 I thought it was great, and when Celtic's great team of 67 won the EC I was over the moon for them.

When a German team plays abroad: most Germans will support the German team although back in the Bundesliga they won't like them very much: seems normal to me somehow! I don't get 'our' stance!

Correct. I dislike Celtic far more than the English. I actually don't dislike the English.

PeeJay
18-08-2009, 03:11 PM
A wild guess?
Had to look twice, but cheers ...!:thumbsup:

blaikie
18-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Celtic to win,
Just as a thanks to the Celtic fans for giving up there U2 tickets for next to nothing. :devil:

JimBHibees
18-08-2009, 04:17 PM

Was it not said when Bayern and Man U were in the Champs league final that most of Germany wanted Man U to win and most of England wanted Bayern to win. Dont think we have a copyright on this sort of thing.

wpj
18-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Was it not said when Bayern and Man U were in the Champs league final that most of Germany wanted Man U to win and most of England wanted Bayern to win. Dont think we have a copyright on this sort of thing.

I would agree, when i lived in Dusseldorf most Germans there wanted Bayern to get pumped no matter who they played

PeeJay
18-08-2009, 04:33 PM

Let's face it - Schadenfreude - is a German word and everyone loves it when Bayern get beat (me too) BUT most people here in Germany do not want Bayern or any other German team playing in Europe to get beat by a foreign team - a few Düsseldorf fans hardly count :wink:.

ballengeich
18-08-2009, 05:02 PM
A dilemma. Best might be Arsenal to go through on away goals through a doubtful late penalty. It'll puncture the pomposity of English commentators (for a few hours) and add to the paranoia at Ceptic Park.

jst1875
18-08-2009, 05:13 PM
gunners over the manky mob any time

CRAZYHIBBY
18-08-2009, 05:15 PM
Celtic Fc have been destroying Hibernian since 1888, why would any Hibby want them to win at anything:confused:???

Hibbyradge
18-08-2009, 05:19 PM
Celtic Fc have been destroying Hibernian since 1888, why would any Hibby want them to win at anything:confused:???

They've been destroying us for 121 years?

They're no very good at it then, are they.

Vlad's only been at HOMFC about 5 years and they're f****d.

Dontcha just love hyperbole. :wink:

Nando™
18-08-2009, 05:27 PM
I hate making these decisions.

I hate the Old Firm and want them to get munched.
But I want the co-efficient to get higher.
But I don't want them to get more money.

Without a major cash injection, teams outwith the OF can only ever hope for 2nd place and a good European run. Which would make you think I want Celtc to win, but I don't.

Fact is, I'll take positives from either result.

So I'm sitting on the fence.

Hibbyradge
18-08-2009, 05:55 PM
I hate making these decisions.

So I'm sitting on the fence.

You didn't make one! :hilarious

sambajustice
18-08-2009, 06:01 PM
Its a Scottish team against and English team FFS! Why would anyone want the english team to win?

Just for the record, The Arsenal are my English team!

lapsedhibee
18-08-2009, 06:03 PM
Its a Scottish team against and English team FFS! Why would anyone want the english team to win?

Wild guess here - mibbe not everyone's a virulent nationalist/racist? :dunno:

Richard Scott
18-08-2009, 06:12 PM

:top marks

Arsenal to win 7-0 on aggregate :bye:

brownlies bits
18-08-2009, 06:12 PM
who cares:yawn:

Richard Scott
18-08-2009, 06:15 PM
Why has Tony Mowbray stuck Samaras up front, on his tod, at home, against Arsenal? :confused:

Landells
18-08-2009, 06:16 PM
Is the game on TV?

hibee_girl
Is the game on TV?

Sky Sports 2

Richard Scott
is the game on tv?

ss2

Landells
18-08-2009, 06:17 PM
ss2

Sky Sports 2

WOW you guys are on the ball tonight! :thumbsup:

Richard Scott
18-08-2009, 06:18 PM
WOW you guys are on the ball tonight! :thumbsup:

I wish I WAS on the ball tonight, for Arsenal :wink:

Betty Boop
18-08-2009, 06:27 PM
Why has Tony Mowbray stuck Samaras up front, on his tod, at home, against Arsenal? :confused:

He's feart! :greengrin

winnipeg jets
18-08-2009, 06:49 PM
am sittin with my arsenal number 9 shirt on so that answers the question. how can you not support the team that the brilliant baker boy played for!!!!

Billie Jo
18-08-2009, 07:28 PM
Arse 1:thumbsup:

Richard Scott
18-08-2009, 07:32 PM
Half time Arsenal 1 up :thumbsup:

Albanian Hibs
18-08-2009, 07:42 PM
Celtic have raped our club since 1888.......

Come on Gunners

:agree:

Arsenal all the way. **** Celtc.

surreyhibbie
18-08-2009, 07:54 PM
I will be watching Eastenders and Holby City! :wink:

Hate Sellick as they are manky lice ridden heritage stealing clartbags, however they are a Scottish team :rolleyes: and therfor will have my full support this evening.......

Agree with the bit in bold, not the rest.

Hope they get well and truly horsed.

If they manage a wee win I can take the piss out of the Arsenal fans down here, which is fun.

Win/win situation for me.

Albanian Hibs
18-08-2009, 08:12 PM
Caldwell :faf::faf::faf:

Richard Scott
18-08-2009, 08:13 PM
:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

hibee_girl
18-08-2009, 08:13 PM
Captain Calamity at his best :faf: :faf:

Sylar
18-08-2009, 08:14 PM
:faf:

Caldwell gives away the free kick which lead to their opener, lost Gallas for the opener and popped away the 2nd as an own goal.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer c*** :bye::bye::bye:

Winston Ingram
18-08-2009, 08:14 PM
You've got to love Gary Caldwells ability to look completely out of his depth at this level. :thumbsup:

Winston Ingram
18-08-2009, 08:18 PM
Here comes the 'we might be pish, but we are great fans' chants.:bye:

Cannae forget tae impress the Sky viewers with our ginormousness:greengrin

WarringtonHibee
18-08-2009, 08:19 PM
Didn't realise a third of members were closet Celtc supporters. :yawn:

marinello59
18-08-2009, 08:24 PM
Didn't realise a third of members were closet Celtc supporters. :yawn:

And just how did you make the leap to that ridiculous conclusion?

Albanian Hibs
18-08-2009, 08:38 PM
Here comes the 'we might be pish, but we are great fans' chants.:bye:

Cannae forget tae impress the Sky viewers with our ginormousness:greengrin

"We are Celtc supporters..bla bla faithful through and through bla bla bla" - singing this when walking out after Arsenals 2nd :greengrin What a bunch of fannies :faf:

sambajustice
18-08-2009, 09:58 PM

Aye, whatever mate!

Great logic!

New Corrie
18-08-2009, 10:19 PM

Because, I can't remember Arsenal fans throwing bananas at Black people.

I can't remember Arsenal fans throwing CS gas at opposing fans.

I can't remember Arsenal refusing to allow their players to play for their country.

I have never heard Arsenal fans glorify terrorism.

And most importantly...Gary Caldwell doesn't play for Arsenal!

Nando™
19-08-2009, 01:46 AM
You didn't make one! :hilarious
Finally after so long someone notices! I've been hiding on that fence for years.

High five to you sir! :hnet:

Dashing Bob S
19-08-2009, 03:11 AM
Was great fun in the 'hozzy', where I sat with a broad grin at the calamity. A few faces not amused. When one chap commented I was happy to inform him I wasn't a Celtic fan. This chap (from Perth) said: "It's a disgrace you're taking up seats that should go to faithful Celtic fans."

I replied, "I've no real interest in this game, apart from how many the Gunners notch up. I only came along to deprive sectarian tramps and glory-hunters like yourself from enjoying the facilities, which were, incidentally, gratis."

His face was a picture.

Haymaker
19-08-2009, 03:15 AM
I support Hibs. Couldnt care what any other scottish club does outside of the domestic scene, thats what matters to me.

Moody Mulder
19-08-2009, 06:16 AM
fortress parkhead= myth
self proclaimed greatest supporters in the world= myth

blackpoolhibs
19-08-2009, 07:54 AM
What a nish atmosphere, apart from walk on at the start, did the greatest fans in the world sing another song last night?:confused:

sambajustice
19-08-2009, 07:55 AM
Because, I can't remember Arsenal fans throwing bananas at Black people.

I can't remember Arsenal fans throwing CS gas at opposing fans.

I can't remember Arsenal refusing to allow their players to play for their country.

I have never heard Arsenal fans glorify terrorism.

And most importantly...Gary Caldwell doesn't play for Arsenal!

Been to hundreds of Arsenal games then aye???

New Corrie
19-08-2009, 08:25 AM
Been to hundreds of Arsenal games then aye???

No, but I presume you have, as you state Arsenal are your team. Well done on last night, great result for your team.

khib70
19-08-2009, 08:26 AM
Delighted Arsenal won. Overjoyed that Captain Calamity was the architect of their victory:faf:

But this post is a disgrace. What right do you have to stigmatise everyone who takes a different view to yourself on a football match? It's got nothing to do with "racism" and everything to do with a healthy dislike of what the OF represent. Had the opposition been Croatian, Japanese, or from the Planet Zorg, I would still want these mingers well and truly horsed.

And as for TM's "philosophy". What happened to that? When did it change to "Let's boot these fancy dan softies up in the air for 90 minutes"?

lapsedhibee
19-08-2009, 08:43 AM
Delighted Arsenal won. Overjoyed that Captain Calamity was the architect of their victory:faf:

But this post is a disgrace. What right do you have to stigmatise everyone who takes a different view to yourself on a football match? It's got nothing to do with "racism" and everything to do with a healthy dislike of what the OF represent. Had the opposition been Croatian, Japanese, or from the Planet Zorg, I would still want these mingers well and truly horsed.

Eh?

The same right as you have to call posts a disgrace, I suppose. Where are the rights and duties of posters listed on here, and which have I contravened? :dunno:

I responded to a comment - "Why would anyone want the english team to win?" - which I took to mean that it was difficult to understand why anyone would prefer a victory for an English team over a Scottish one. In my view to prefer the victory of a Scottish team over an English team purely because it is Scottish and for no other reason is nationalist, or racist, or both.

I am aware that there is an alternative view, of course, which is that blatant nationalism/racism in a sporting context is "just a bit of rivalry". I don't see the difference between that view and the "just a bit of fun" view in other contexts.

Not saying the comment I originally responded to was racist, but there is at times on this board an anti-English sentiment so virulent that it causes the cringe to ooze.

sambajustice
19-08-2009, 08:50 AM
No,

So what gives you the authority to say what Arsenal fans have and haven't done over the years???

Deary me!

khib70
19-08-2009, 09:18 AM
Eh?

The same right as you have to call posts a disgrace, I suppose. Where are the rights and duties of posters listed on here, and which have I contravened? :dunno:

I responded to a comment - "Why would anyone want the english team to win?" - which I took to mean that it was difficult to understand why anyone would prefer a victory for an English team over a Scottish one. In my view to prefer the victory of a Scottish team over an English team purely because it is Scottish and for no other reason is nationalist, or racist, or both.

I am aware that there is an alternative view, of course, which is that blatant nationalism/racism in a sporting context is "just a bit of rivalry". I don't see the difference between that view and the "just a bit of fun" view in other contexts.

Not saying the comment I originally responded to was racist, but there is at times on this board an anti-English sentiment so virulent that it causes the cringe to ooze.
Firstly, broadly characterising anyone taking a particular view over a football game is disrespectful to fellow Hibbies. People have been warned for less on here.

Nationalism is a legitimate political stance, represented by the current Scottish Government. It has nothing to do with racism per se and to lump the two together is similar to the lazy 1980's Labour Party thinking born of their fear for their political hegemony in Scotland. A justified fear, as it turned out.
And you don't just talk about "nationalism". You talk about "virulent nationalism".

In my view, and I suspect most other Nationalists' on this board, it has everything to do with being pro-Scottish and nothing to do with being anti-English.

I supported Arsenal, as I will support anyone playing either cheek of the OF erchie, because I despise sectarianism and racism. Others went for Celtc for various reasons - few of them to do with racism and some as a response to racism. The exiled Scots who supported Celtc did so as a riposte to the appalling arrogance and assumed superiority of some English people who they live and work with in regard to Scotland. Having spent some years in England I can see where they are coming from.

I totally agree with you that racism is never "a bit of fun", "banter" or anything else, and have always opposed those defending the "Edinburgh Song"/"Looky Looky Man" bilge.

lapsedhibee
19-08-2009, 10:05 AM
Firstly, broadly characterising anyone taking a particular view over a football game is disrespectful to fellow Hibbies. People have been warned for less on here.

Nationalism is a legitimate political stance, represented by the current Scottish Government. It has nothing to do with racism per se and to lump the two together is similar to the lazy 1980's Labour Party thinking born of their fear for their political hegemony in Scotland. A justified fear, as it turned out.
And you don't just talk about "nationalism". You talk about "virulent nationalism".

In my view, and I suspect most other Nationalists' on this board, it has everything to do with being pro-Scottish and nothing to do with being anti-English.

I supported Arsenal, as I will support anyone playing either cheek of the OF erchie, because I despise sectarianism and racism. Others went for Celtc for various reasons - few of them to do with racism and some as a response to racism. The exiled Scots who supported Celtc did so as a riposte to the appalling arrogance and assumed superiority of some English people who they live and work with in regard to Scotland. Having spent some years in England I can see where they are coming from.

I totally agree with you that racism is never "a bit of fun", "banter" or anything else, and have always opposed those defending the "Edinburgh Song"/"Looky Looky Man" bilge.

Agree with most/all of this (I never knew that people got warned just for being disrespectful to other Hibbies - admins must be busy peeps) but the bit in bold is a bit of a problem for me. I accept that Arsenal losing to Celtc might take Lineker/Shearer/Motson, and thoosands/millions more south of the border, down a peg or two, but to want any Scottish team - however manky - to win over any English team - however bootifully it tries to play the game - still seems to me perverse. Whether it's "pro-Scottishness" at root or "anti-Englishness" doesn't really impinge on the perversity.

Not that I'm suggesting, admins, that any fellow Hibbies are perverts. :slipper:

Dipped flake
19-08-2009, 10:35 AM
Agree with most/all of this (I never knew that people got warned just for being disrespectful to other Hibbies - admins must be busy peeps) but the bit in bold is a bit of a problem for me. I accept that Arsenal losing to Celtc might take Lineker/Shearer/Motson, and thoosands/millions more south of the border, down a peg or two, but to want any Scottish team - however manky - to win over any English team - however bootifully it tries to play the game - still seems to me perverse. Whether it's "pro-Scottishness" at root or "anti-Englishness" doesn't really impinge on the perversity.

Not that I'm suggesting, admins, that any fellow Hibbies are perverts. :slipper:
I will always support a Scottish team in Europe, whether it's my team, or celtic/rangers/aberdeen or even hibs. As far as I am concerned any team from Scotland is, in part, representing my country and so deserves my support. Of course I understand those who feel they can't bring themselves to support the OF due to their link to sectarianism, not too mention the vast majority on here that could never support Hearts in Europe