PDA

View Full Version : Hibs share certificate

NYHibby
18-08-2009, 04:08 AM
I know that several people here on this board owns shares. I was wondering if someone could scan their certificate and post it, editing out personal details of course. I'm interested in what they look like.

Allant1981
18-08-2009, 05:58 AM
I know that several people here on this board owns shares. I was wondering if someone could scan their certificate and post it, editing out personal details of course. I'm interested in what they look like.

If I knew how to do it I would, when it comes to these kinds of things I dont have a scooby.

Golden Bear
18-08-2009, 11:58 AM

I'll sell you my holding then you can have the real thing!

Richard Scott
18-08-2009, 07:52 PM
Are Hibs still selling shares? How much are they? And who do I contact?

Mibbes Aye
18-08-2009, 08:00 PM

Can't really scan mine, in part because I can't remember where it is :greengrin
It's nothing fancy though, from memory white or pale-green with the badge as a faint background and a darker green border. It looks like something one could run off oneself using Word, in all honesty.

Are Hibs still selling shares? How much are they? And who do I contact?

Think they are willing to act as a broker, as it were. Email Tim Gardiner, in the first instance. His email will be on the official site. I think you can buy in £50 blocks.

surreyhibbie
18-08-2009, 08:04 PM
Got mine as a christmas present last year, it was a minimum of 400 shares at 50p each I believe. Will try and take a pic and attach it.:greengrin

you have a PM

God Petrie
18-08-2009, 08:10 PM
http://imgur.com/ovm8j.jpg

woody47
18-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Has anyone actually gotten a dividend from their shares? Or does the moustache manage to spend just enough not to pay any?

oldbutdim
18-08-2009, 09:32 PM
Has anyone actually gotten a dividend from their shares? Or does the moustache manage to spend just enough not to pay any?

There is no dividend.

Mibbes Aye
18-08-2009, 09:42 PM

There's usually an annual postcard from Rod, from somewhere really, really exotic and expensive.

Last year it was written in unicorn blood, the year before in 390-carat gold ink, saying "Sorry folks, no divvy again this year".

I wouldn't really mind but he never pays the full postage :rolleyes:

:greengrin

Auckland Hibs
18-08-2009, 09:46 PM
There's usually an annual postcard from Rod, from somewhere really, really exotic and expensive.

Last year it was written in unicorn blood, the year before in 390-carat gold ink, saying "Sorry folks, no divvy again this year".

I wouldn't really mind but he never pays the full postage :rolleyes:

:greengrin

LOL.

:thumbsup: 10/10

Caversham Green
19-08-2009, 09:22 AM

Until 2007 the club couldn't pay any dividends because of losses brought forward from earlier years.

Dividends are a distribution of profits that are not going to be re-invested into the business and are paid to all shareholders pro-rata the number of shares owned. There are 60 million shares in issue of which Farmer/Petrie own 98% (through HFC Holdings Ltd), so for every £1 a block of 400 shares earned, Farmer and Petrie would take nearly £150,000.

The day dividends are paid is the day I spark up the torch and buy a pitchfork. :protest:

NYHibby
20-08-2009, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the scans. It seems like they changed it and it is now more attractive. The one that Dryan posted is kind of cheap and dated looking.

I'll send you a PM when I get the time

Caversham Green
20-08-2009, 03:32 PM

Thanks for the scans. It seems like they changed it and it is now more attractive. The one that Dryan posted is kind of cheap and dated looking.

I'll send you a PM when I get the time

At the risk of appearing like an auld wumman again....

Strictly, you can't do this - the club is a private limited company, which means there are restrictions on trading its shares. This usually takes the form of requiring the consent of the other shareholders or offering the shares to existing shareholders first, but in the case of Hibs I'm not sure how practical this would be.

It's probably not particularly relevant, but I would suggest you do it all through the club - you would need to advise them anyway to get the new share certificate, change of address etc.

Golden Bear
20-08-2009, 03:49 PM
At the risk of appearing like an auld wumman again....

Strictly, you can't do this - the club is a private limited company, which means there are restrictions on trading its shares. This usually takes the form of requiring the consent of the other shareholders or offering the shares to existing shareholders first, but in the case of Hibs I'm not sure how practical this would be.

It's probably not particularly relevant, but I would suggest you do it all through the club - you would need to advise them anyway to get the new share certificate, change of address etc.

I've been trying to sell my shares for a while and the advice I received FROM THE CLUB was that I should try to find a buyer for myself.

The Club also indicated that they would formally broker the deal by arranging for the stock transfer if I could find a buyer.

The last I heard the shares were worth 50p each - but that was over a year ago.

Caversham Green
20-08-2009, 04:15 PM
I've been trying to sell my shares for a while and the advice I received FROM THE CLUB was that I should try to find a buyer for myself.

The Club also indicated that they would formally broker the deal by arranging for the stock transfer if I could find a buyer.

The last I heard the shares were worth 50p each - but that was over a year ago.

Fair enough, I just thought I should make the point. If the club brokers the deal that would be construed as the majority shareholders giving their consent.

Granton Stanton
20-08-2009, 04:59 PM
2 numbers mentioned in different posts above "60 million shares issued" and "worth 50p per share"

We're valued at £30 million pounds?? :confused:

Brando7
20-08-2009, 05:14 PM
I bought shares back in November as a christmas present & then they were 50p a share with a minimum purchace of 100.

Mind you on the certificare it does say 2p per share

overdrive
20-08-2009, 06:24 PM
I bought shares back in November as a christmas present & then they were 50p a share with a minimum purchace of 100.

That will probably be the nominal value of the share as opposed to the market value.

NYHibby
21-08-2009, 12:51 AM

Not sure if you use the same terms, but I would call the 2p the par value, which is just for accounting purposing and has no real bearing on the value of the share. It depends on where the company is based, but a lot of stocks are now issued with no par value.

Caversham Green
21-08-2009, 07:35 AM
Not sure if you use the same terms, but I would call the 2p the par value, which is just for accounting purposing and has no real bearing on the value of the share. It depends on where the company is based, but a lot of stocks are now issued with no par value.

You're right, 2p is the par or nominal value of the shares.

There's no investment value in them, because they have no real voting power and, as mentioned above they should never yield a dividend. The asset value is irrelevant because it's unlikely to be realised (the club would have to be liquidated, and that would mean the NAV had dropped below zero).

The market value is whatever someone is prepared to pay for them. To a significant degree this extends to Petrie's 9.8% holding (through the holding company) and the only real value of the club ultimately lies in STF's hand. Again, that value is whatever someone would agree to pay STF.

So the bottom line is we don't really know what the club is worth as a going concern.

Dashing Bob S
21-08-2009, 07:43 AM
Re the title of the thread: "perhapps they do, but hearts share a training facility." Big team, see?