PDA

View Full Version : Question £150M yacht in Leith

Hibs7
17-08-2009, 02:46 PM
Owned by a Russian Billionaire, is he here to buy the other Edinburgh football team and challenge Romanov.:wink:

hibbie02
17-08-2009, 02:53 PM
And I thought it was yours........ :greengrin

MacBean
17-08-2009, 02:55 PM
:hmmm::idea::smug:

Intersting... :wink:

Hibs7
17-08-2009, 02:57 PM
And I thought it was yours........ :greengrin

If it was then the east stand would be built and Stokes and a few others would be at ER.

aberhibsfc
17-08-2009, 03:17 PM
It would be nice, Abramovic's money would walk this league.

He's probably just parked up to go to the festival, either that or his crew are on some RnR and taking advantage of the docks benefits :wink:

blackpoolhibs
17-08-2009, 03:23 PM
Just seen it leaving with Deek on it, next stop southampton.:wink:

aberhibsfc
17-08-2009, 03:25 PM
Just seen it leaving with Deek on it, next stop southampton.:wink:

Sure it wasn't Bamba?

jgl07
17-08-2009, 03:30 PM
It the above is true, i would certainly keep an eye open for submarine activity in the Firth of Forth!

Jack
17-08-2009, 03:37 PM
I read somewhere, cant find it now, that some yacht owned by a Russian which was given to him as a gift from Abramovich (pity I’ve not got pals like him) had a bit of trouble up in Inverness.

The yacht was too big to get into the harbour so they had to use the helicopter (its such a hard life for these folk) to get 4 of them off so they could play a game of golf up there. Crew of over 50!!!

There cant be many Russian millionaires/billionaires floating about Scotland on mega yachts this week – I suspect it will be the same one.

Found a similar link where they dont know who it is http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1347183?UserKey==

Viva_Palmeiras
17-08-2009, 03:43 PM
With the latest toy-thing of the mega-rich being purchasing knock-down shares in the likes of Porsche owners Volkswagen and Ferrari...

Perhaps the middle-east & Russian billionaires will eventually "tyre" of propping up Football clubs?

bighairyfaeleith
17-08-2009, 04:50 PM
seen that thing earlier when at asda, huge bloody boat, has a speedboat and a helicopter sitting on it as well, and I don't mean like a little dingy speed boat, this thing is a fair old size yet it looks piddly compared to the yacht.

Anyway, no sure a rich millionaire who has no interest in his or their heritage is really what we need, leave that for the big teams :wink:

Hibby70
17-08-2009, 05:17 PM
It belongs to Oleg Deripaska who is in town reclaiming a debt due to him.

Mate of mine saw a couple of his henchmen carry a rolled up carpet on board which seemed to be wriggling.

bighairyfaeleith
17-08-2009, 06:02 PM
It belongs to Oleg Deripaska who is in town reclaiming a debt due to him.

Mate of mine saw a couple of his henchmen carry a rolled up carpet on board which seemed to be wriggling.

wiz it a short fat carpet or a long skinny one?

Just wondering if it wiz delboy or rodney inside :wink:

manx hibee
17-08-2009, 06:19 PM
I read somewhere, cant find it now, that some yacht owned by a Russian which was given to him as a gift from Abramovich (pity I’ve not got pals like him) had a bit of trouble up in Inverness.

The yacht was too big to get into the harbour so they had to use the helicopter (its such a hard life for these folk) to get 4 of them off so they could play a game of golf up there. Crew of over 50!!!

There cant be many Russian millionaires/billionaires floating about Scotland on mega yachts this week – I suspect it will be the same one.

Found a similar link where they dont know who it is http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1347183?UserKey==same happened here on the isle of man wish he had a spare
billion :lips seal but who knows

FatPat
17-08-2009, 06:26 PM
The yacht was called the "Le Grand Blue" and yes it did have a few Russian multi millionaire types on board - but none of them Romanov.

I cant go into details but I was involved in looking after it at Leith - didnt even get a chance to go on board - dont let the plebs on.
:boo hoo:

Seriously wealthy people on board just catching some of the tatoo and fesitval and some golf.

She sailed on Sunday

HibeeMcGinn1
17-08-2009, 06:47 PM
The yacht was called the "Le Grand Blue" and yes it did have a few Russian multi millionaire types on board - but none of them Romanov.

I cant go into details but I was involved in looking after it at Leith - didnt even get a chance to go on board - dont let the plebs on.
:boo hoo:

Seriously wealthy people on board just catching some of the tatoo and fesitval and some golf.

She sailed on Sunday

so many russian names, so little time

lyonhibs
17-08-2009, 06:48 PM
Was there a Akula class sub moored next to it, and a crew of hardy Ruski sea dogs present??

If not, this is a clear non-story IMO :agree: :agree:

Coco Bryce
17-08-2009, 07:05 PM
oops wrong thread

brog
17-08-2009, 09:38 PM
This was yacht which used to be owned by Roman A. He gave it to his buddy & Roman has now just bought another yacht which I believe is largest in world. I believe he had to increase size in case Nade ever wanted a lift!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Grand_Bleu_(yacht)