PDA

View Full Version : Darren Jacksons dad Addy has died

Riordans Boots
17-08-2009, 12:05 PM
I knew Addy to say hello to and he was such a lovely man.
Condolences to Darren and his family.

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2009/08/16/football-hero-darren-jackson-pays-tribute-to-dad-after-tragedy-78057-21600740/

Toaods
17-08-2009, 12:28 PM
spoke to him a few times in The Artisan...lovely big guy.

RIP Addy.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-08-2009, 01:04 PM
He used to take my Primary School (Leith Walk) football team for training many moons ago, always seemed to be a right a good guy.

RIP Addy.

maturehibby
17-08-2009, 05:32 PM
Crossed swords with him when I used to referee many years ago - got totally into it making Gus McPhersons antics on saturday pale into insignifigance if he saw an apparent injustice against his team that he was running - though once he had calmed down you could not meet a nicer person and even saw the referees side occasionally will be sadly missed by all ex referees and officials of the Juvenile league - sad day for minor football and for me

stevenhibs
17-08-2009, 06:28 PM
My old man worked with Addy at some printers somewhere. I'll pass this on and i'm sure he'll be sadly missed.

RIP Addy

stantonhibby
17-08-2009, 06:52 PM
My old man worked with Addy at some printers somewhere. I'll pass this on and i'm sure he'll be sadly missed.

RIP Addy

Thynes at Sighthill probably - my dad worked with him there. Adam used to sign us in at Hillside Bowling Club before the home games when Darren played with Hibs. RIP

stevenhibs
17-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Thynes at Sighthill probably - my dad worked with him there. Adam used to sign us in at Hillside Bowling Club before the home games when Darren played with Hibs. RIP

It was Smith and Richies mate, when my Dad was "serving his time". Just asked him.

He also passed on his condolencies to the Family and Friends.

cabbageandribs1875
18-08-2009, 12:09 PM
It was Smith and Richies mate, when my Dad was "serving his time". Just asked him.

He also passed on his condolencies to the Family and Friends.

i've worked with S & R for 30 years now(the last several long-term sick) both in albert street and livingston, who's yer auld man :dunno: :cool2:

Riordans Boots
19-08-2009, 09:40 PM
Funeral is on Friday 21st Aug at 3pm Mortonhall Crematorium Main Chapel.

Rest in Peace Addy.