PDA

View Full Version : Andy McNeil

Winston Ingram
17-08-2009, 11:44 AM
Played for Bonnyrigg Rose on Sat:agree:

Deek01
17-08-2009, 11:50 AM
He was training with Raith Rovers a few weeks back.

rainman
17-08-2009, 12:05 PM

Got an email saying the same thing.

I predicted Edinburgh amateur so he doesn't have much further to fall. :thumbsup:

Toaods
17-08-2009, 12:30 PM
I predicted Edinburgh amateur so he doesn't have much further to fall. :thumbsup:

he wouldn't have far to fall anytime*...:greengrin

*apologies to any dwarfs reading

Dashing Bob S
17-08-2009, 12:37 PM
Am I alone in finding it not very endearing that some of our fans seem to be gloating that a very decent young chap and committed Hibernian supporter is apparently falling from grace in his chose field?

banarc7062
17-08-2009, 12:38 PM
he wouldn't have far to fall anytime*...:greengrin

*apologies to any dwarfs reading

Vertically challenged if you dont' mind :greengrin

half.time.draw.
17-08-2009, 12:41 PM
He was murder by the way:bye:

Gatecrasher
17-08-2009, 12:42 PM
Am I alone in finding it not very endearing that some of our fans seem to be gloating that a very decent young chap and committed Hibernian supporter is apparently falling from grace in his chose field?
:agree:

Mcneil is easily a first division player

silverhibee
17-08-2009, 12:43 PM

hibbiedon
17-08-2009, 12:43 PM

maybe its their pathetic way of honouring a cup winner or jealousy that they have achieved even less

Hibby 2005
17-08-2009, 12:44 PM
Quite a sad story really, 2 years ago he was holding a Cup medal.

Just highlights what a fine line it can be between the haves and have-nots in football today.

Danderhall Hibs
17-08-2009, 12:46 PM

No you're not alone. McNeil always tried hard - he was unfortunate in a way that he had to play when Zibi and Brown were found out. His confidence got hammered by the constant criticism from the media (and fans) and small errors were highlighted.

He had some cracking games and if he was given the leeway Maka is currently being given by a section of the support he might have "made it".

Hainan Hibs
17-08-2009, 12:48 PM
Remember when he first came in and seemed very decent, good guy who pulled off a cracking save to deny Naismith in the cup final at 0-0 if I remember correctly.

Good luck to the guy and hope he finds a good team.

bingo70
17-08-2009, 12:48 PM

Your spot on, but i don't think for a minute this will be a permanent move for him, i'm sure he'll be playing with them to keep his fitness up until he can get a full time professional club.

Too good a shot stopper to drop out the game completely IMO.

Danderhall Hibs
17-08-2009, 12:49 PM

:agree: Definitely a better player than junior level.

I’d imagine he was just playing as a trialist to keep his eye in though.

blackpoolhibs
17-08-2009, 12:52 PM
I find it strange that Mcneil gets away from Gordon Marshall yet has not been snapped up by another club, and Maka is getting it tight from all and sundry, after his part in another comedy goal conceded, and Marshall is nowhere to be seen. Strange eh?:faf:

Chuckie
17-08-2009, 12:56 PM

What a classless, graceless post.

The guy is League Cup Winner with Hibs.

Judas Iscariot
17-08-2009, 01:03 PM

It would be different if he was a yam goon or a player that ripped the pash oot the club via contract dealings or in the press..

But that's not the case :bitchy:

Danderhall Hibs
17-08-2009, 01:05 PM

It’s just someone else having an attempt at saying “I said it all along”. That’s why players get criticised before anyone’s seen them play (McBride) or after 30 minutes of their 1st game for the club. Some folk have a thirst to say “I knew from day one he’d never be a plyer”.

Beefster
17-08-2009, 01:18 PM

What a horrifyingly Yam-like thing to say.

johnrebus
17-08-2009, 01:28 PM
Some shocking things being said on here.

Andy is capable of playing at 1st Division level at least and I hope he gets a club soon.

Best of luck to him.

:boo hoo:

CABBAGE & RIBS
17-08-2009, 01:41 PM
Over the top reaction again on here.

He has obviously found his level and is happy to play there.

givescotlandfreedom
17-08-2009, 01:42 PM
Some pretty bad double standards by some on this thread. McNeil must be on the "OK to slag" list.

Septimus
17-08-2009, 01:48 PM

You are most certainly not alone. Good luck to him. I wish him all the best in the world and still believe that we let the wrong one go.

dirtydirk
17-08-2009, 01:48 PM
Have to say, out of all the professional players I've met, Andy McNeil is one of the most down to earth nicest guys you'll meet.
Would always go round every table at the hospitality if he was playing or not. A committed Hibee that just didn't make the grade but there is no need for anyone to have a dig at him for it.
Hopefully he finds a club soon as he could certainly have a career ahead of him.

TornadoHibby
17-08-2009, 01:55 PM

No! :grr:

I'm with you on this one Bob! Andy McNeill is a professional standard goal-keeper and deserves to be playing at Div 1 or Div 2 standard at least IMO! :agree:

Wonder how some of the "gloaters" would feel if the boot were on the other foot should they not immediately get the job they wanted were they to (effectively) be made redundant! :wink:

Still, the lad has at least a CIS Cup Winners medal to treasure, something that none of the "gloaters" will ever win themselves! :wink:

jacomo
17-08-2009, 02:00 PM
No you're not alone. McNeil always tried hard - he was unfortunate in a way that he had to play when Zibi and Brown were found out. His confidence got hammered by the constant criticism from the media (and fans) and small errors were highlighted.

He had some cracking games and if he was given the leeway Maka is currently being given by a section of the support he might have "made it".

I like Andy McNeil and willed him to come good - I think most fans were in this position? :confused: He had lots of opportunities at Hibs - but doubts always remained.

I hope he has a decent career, to state that he wasn't given the chance at Hibs is not true.

Baader
17-08-2009, 02:09 PM
Save the vitriol for the guys who use Hibs and try to screw the club over not for good guys like McNeil who never let the club down. He got on with his training and being a squad player when he knew he probably was on the way out. Mind he's a Hibby and so wish him well. He'll find a better level soon anyway I'm sure

Danderhall Hibs
17-08-2009, 02:10 PM
I like Andy McNeil and willed him to come good - I think most fans were in this position? :confused: He had lots of opportunities at Hibs - but doubts always remained.

I hope he has a decent career, to state that he wasn't given the chance at Hibs is not true.

I'm not saying he wasn't given enough chances - I'm saying he's not being given as many chances as Maka is currently being given.

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-08-2009, 02:19 PM

But isn't the flip side of that arguement, that if the lad is good enough to make it in the game, he will do that irrespective of whatever people think? I would guess that he is playing juniors to keep fit and keep his eye in. But surely if there is a manager out there wanting him as a keeper, he won't be thinking...I'll check out what the half-wits on Hibs.Net are saying first just to make sure? Apart from the odd yam with four posts over two years, we are all Hibbies on the site and we all wind each other up at some point.

Cropley10
17-08-2009, 02:26 PM

No you are not Bob. A ******in disgrace frankly.

All the best to young Andy I say - a credit to himself and his profession, as well as his primary school. I hope he goes on to do well for himself.

Either way he's got a League Cup Winner's medal to show his grand-kids one day.

Cropley10
17-08-2009, 02:32 PM

Toe curlingly embarrassing.

Barney McGrew
17-08-2009, 02:33 PM
Either way he's got a League Cup Winner's medal to show his grand-kids one day.

Which is far more than those who like to have a pop at him will ever manage to get :wink:

oconnors_strip
17-08-2009, 02:56 PM
Over the top reaction again on here.

He has obviously found his level and is happy to play there.

he is happy to be keeping his fitness up at any club. he has various options at the moment, just trying to find a club that will give him what he would like and vice versa.

as people have said he has a league cup winners medal and the up most respect from 99% of hibs fans.

Crazyhorse
17-08-2009, 03:01 PM
I wish him all the best and hope he finds a club at a higher level. That keeper and his team mates gave my two young sons their best ever day as Hibs supporters and since we moved away from Scotland is probably the reason they remain staunch Hibees. They had an amazing day at Hampden, it left a huge impression on them and McNeil was part of that CUP WINNING Hibs team. Anyone mocking him should go and get a life.

--------
17-08-2009, 03:32 PM
I wish him all the best and hope he finds a club at a higher level. That keeper and his team mates gave my two young sons their best ever day as Hibs supporters and since we moved away from Scotland is probably the reason they remain staunch Hibees. They had an amazing day at Hampden, it left a huge impression on them and McNeil was part of that CUP WINNING Hibs team. Anyone mocking him should go and get a life.

BSEJVT
17-08-2009, 03:37 PM

Agree entirely.

It's one of the things that puzzle me most about Hibs supporters (me included!)

We give our own players, past and presnt more abuse than we ever give players from another team.

aberhibsfc
17-08-2009, 03:37 PM
Bleeding shame, this guy is better than this. He surely good enough to find a senior team.

CABBAGE & RIBS
17-08-2009, 03:45 PM
When he was at Hibs he wasn't good enough now he's playing junior football all of a sudden he's good enough for a division 1 team.
:confused:

--------
17-08-2009, 03:47 PM
Agree entirely.

It's one of the things that puzzle me most about Hibs supporters (me included!)

We give our own players, past and presnt more abuse than we ever give players from another team.

Aye been that way.

bingo70
17-08-2009, 03:50 PM
When he was at Hibs he wasn't good enough now he's playing junior football all of a sudden he's good enough for a division 1 team.

we're not a division 1 team :confused:

TornadoHibby
17-08-2009, 03:50 PM

He was always good enough for a Div 1 team IMO (at least)! :cool2:

Really don't see the point in what you keyboard critics are doing here! :confused:

The lad has moved on. Why don't you guys!? :agree:

CABBAGE & RIBS
17-08-2009, 03:55 PM
He was never tall enough to be a keeper for Hibs but he is tall enough for the first division.

CentreLine
17-08-2009, 04:01 PM
He was murder by the way:bye:

I disagree. He was a decent keeper but just not good enough to compensate for those couple of missing inches. Of all of the keepers we have had in the past few years he has been the best of a bad lot and IMHO certainly better that Maca who has been flapping ever since his first appearance at ER. I wish AMc all the best wherever he ends up.

Dashing Bob S
17-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Thanks to all who joined me in wishing Andy McN, the goalkeeper in the last non-OF side to win a major trophy in Scotland, all the best for the future. As for the others, it's already been said.

JimBHibees
17-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Personally think it says alot for him that he is willing to play at that level to keep his eye in. It says alot about his attitude and commitment hopefully he can get a team lined up however he wont be helped by the current economic conditions.

As as been said he seems to be very professional and hope he gets something sorted soon.

blackpoolhibs
17-08-2009, 04:07 PM
He was never tall enough to be a keeper for Hibs but he is tall enough for the first division.

How big are the goals in the 1st division?:confused:

jabis
17-08-2009, 04:21 PM

aye,just like that Goram fella !

Saorsa
17-08-2009, 04:35 PM
Am I alone in finding it not very endearing that some of our fans seem to be gloating that a very decent young chap and committed Hibernian supporter is apparently falling from grace in his chose field?No, I think it's pretty poor.

esjorto
17-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Best of luck Andy.
A fine young man who deserve more than many from the game.

ginger_rice
17-08-2009, 04:51 PM
I honestly believe that he just happened along at the wrong time, if he'd been allowed to learn his trade in the U19s and reserves with experience he may have become a quite a decent keeper, IMHO he's by no means the worst keeper we've seen in a Hibs jersey.

IIRC he made a crucial save early on in the CIS final, if Killie had scored early doors that day things could have been oh so different.

500miles
17-08-2009, 05:01 PM
McNeil was never half as bad as he was made out to be. He made a few errors right enough, but he was thrown in far too early. His confidence crashed after a disasterous u20's tournaments, and neither the media or the Hibs "faithful" rallied behind him, despite the excellent form he had shown only a few months before. And for those who think he is too wee - Alan Main is an SPL player once again.

Why don't you all gloat to his face? I'm sure he'll be happy to show you his medals.

berwickhibee
17-08-2009, 05:10 PM
andy is to train with berwick rangers this week and hopefully earn a deal.:wink:

He will be in good company with notman,gray,russel and ewart already at the club.

Woody1985
17-08-2009, 07:04 PM
It could be utter pish but I was listening to a few guys talk who were saying there's actually more money in junior football than there is in the lower divisions of Scottish football.

Maybe that's a factor? If BR could offer X amount per year and Raith were offering less then maybe he's seen it as the only chance he's got of earning a decent wedge in case he doesn't progress up the levels and earning a better salary after signing for a 1st/2nd division team.

BEEJ
17-08-2009, 07:12 PM
:agree: Agreed.

I wish Andy all the best for the future and hope he gets a club contract soon.

500miles
17-08-2009, 07:17 PM
Langfield, Soutar and Olejnik. Three guys who are no better than McNeil. He should get a club nae bother.

Toaods
17-08-2009, 07:48 PM
maybe its their pathetic way of honouring a cup winner or jealousy that they have achieved even less

...there's only one Dave Beaumont...:faf:

Shrekko
17-08-2009, 09:27 PM
It could be utter pish but I was listening to a few guys talk who were saying there's actually more money in junior football than there is in the lower divisions of Scottish football.

Maybe that's a factor? If BR could offer X amount per year and Raith were offering less then maybe he's seen it as the only chance he's got of earning a decent wedge in case he doesn't progress up the levels and earning a better salary after signing for a 1st/2nd division team.

It's mind boggling some of the stuff I've heard about what top Junior players can earn for playing part-time. Big signing on fees, good expenses and even weekly wages that may well be on a par with what some full-time guys get in the 1st/2nd division.

In saying that, I think Andy should definitely have another crack at the pro game as he still has time on his side. At present he's easily good enough for the 1st Division which could be a good platform for him to move forward again.

Good luck to him- like others I'm just flabbergasted that the guy has provoked some of the less than charitable comments on this thread.

500miles
17-08-2009, 09:44 PM
...there's only one Dave Beaumont...:faf:

McNeil EARNED his medal by playing in the final. Why try and belittle that?

IWasThere2016
17-08-2009, 09:49 PM
No, I think it's pretty poor.

Me too. Good luck to the boy! He's in the same boat at many others in today's economy - fitbaw or otherwise - looking for a job or a better job that isnt there. There are a numbers of decent players without clubs .. Boozy for example

Toaods
17-08-2009, 09:49 PM
McNeil EARNED his medal by playing in the final. Why try and belittle that?

tell me where I belittled his achievemnt at playing in the Final...:confused:

I quoted Beaumont in reference to an earlier post commenting on players who have and those who have not (when it comes to medals).

Capt Mainwaring
17-08-2009, 10:00 PM

The famous "Rosy Posy" East Region Super League Champions by the way.

By other way Musselburgh beat them 2 - 0 but lead to believe McNeill had a good game.

Andy is an honest hard working professional. Hope he continues to help the Rose until bigger things come back his way.

jacomo
17-08-2009, 10:17 PM
I'm not saying he wasn't given enough chances - I'm saying he's not being given as many chances as Maka is currently being given.

Maka keeps being given chances by people like me because we can see he's got enormous potential.

Definitely NOT the finished article, of course... :wink:

FranckSuzy
17-08-2009, 10:29 PM
Personally think it says alot for him that he is willing to play at that level to keep his eye in. It says alot about his attitude and commitment hopefully he can get a team lined up however he wont be helped by the current economic conditions.

As as been said he seems to be very professional and hope he gets something sorted soon.

:top marks

sesoim
17-08-2009, 11:04 PM

He may have to go to England, but I'm sure he is good enough for a lower division team. He's still a youngster as far as goalkeepers go so he still has plenty of time to improve.

sesoim
17-08-2009, 11:06 PM
Maka keeps being given chances by people like me because we can see he's got enormous potential.

Definitely NOT the finished article, of course... :wink:

If we could loan Maka out for three years, until he's got all the mistakes out of his system, fair enough. But we can't afford to play him when he is costing us so many goals.

Toaods
18-08-2009, 12:00 AM
If we could loan Maka out for three years, until he's got all the mistakes out of his system, fair enough. But we can't afford to play him when he is costing us so many goals.

he' better get loaned out after Hogg then.

tooley
18-08-2009, 06:21 AM

drumatic44
18-08-2009, 06:29 AM
Anyone agree with me that we missed a great oppertunity in not signing Paul Gallagher. Experienced, Dundee U. Norwich, Championship, Scotland. Could have been an excellent answer to the goalkeeping problem. And I can't believe that we can't pay as much or more as Dunfermline or Saints .Thoughts ?/ Re. Andy McNeill always he gave his best ,just watched 07th Heaven DVD.(exiled in France) he will always have that medal and well deserved.
First post btw. and also a big thanks to all Hibs.net posters for the crack, the rumours, the gallows humour, Greggs, the LOL etc. etc.

Big90inOz
18-08-2009, 06:30 AM

The guy by all accounts is a Hibby, he has a cup winners medal in his pocket.

Has he insulted the club ? Did he throw a hissy fit because in his mind he deserved to play ? No ! The guy got on with trying to do the best he could for the club.

There are comments on this thread which are a real embarrassment to this club. :agree:

Andy74
18-08-2009, 09:48 AM
Andy McNeil I would have though would easily get a club in the lower leagues without going junior.

When you think that many lower league teams have kids from SPL clubs loaned to them and playing as first choices they would ceretainly take a guy who was the Scotland Under 21 keeper with SPL expereince and a league cup medal.

I can only assume then that he is holding out for the highest level possible and is just keeping fit.

Phil D. Rolls
18-08-2009, 04:56 PM

Sorry to hear this, no disrespect to Bonnyrigg Rose, but I think the lad deserves to be playing at a higher level than Junior football. He wasn't helped by the poor goalkeeping coaching at Easter Road.

blackpoolhibs
18-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Sorry to hear this, no disrespect to Bonnyrigg Rose, but I think the lad deserves to be playing at a higher level than Junior football. He wasn't helped by the poor goalkeeping coaching at Easter Road.

Yes, Marshall managed to teach hiM to drop the ball, and come and miss crosses. As soon as he gets a good goalkeeping coach, will he be back in the SPL, i dont think so? The new keepers coach has done a fantastic job with Maka, the mistakes have already been eradicated.:faf:

erin go bragh
19-08-2009, 08:53 PM
he did play and win in the cup final ! i was not his biggest fan but what did goram and leighton win with us! he is much to good for bonnyrigg fin rose:grr:

Beefster
19-08-2009, 08:56 PM
Yes, Marshall managed to teach hiM to drop the ball, and come and miss crosses. As soon as he gets a good goalkeeping coach, will he be back in the SPL, i dont think so? The new keepers coach has done a fantastic job with Maka, the mistakes have already been eradicated.:faf:

Does the goalkeeping coach teach Hogg how to pass it back and Hanlon how not to give the ball away too?

blackpoolhibs
19-08-2009, 10:02 PM
Does the goalkeeping coach teach Hogg how to pass it back and Hanlon how not to give the ball away too?

This was Thompsons input i think, Marshall cant take the credit for this one.:wink:

Darth Hibbie
19-08-2009, 10:07 PM
This was Thompsons input i think, Marshall cant take the credit for this one.:wink:

In fairness it will take Thompson a while to undo all the good work done by Marshall. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
19-08-2009, 10:16 PM
In fairness it will take Thompson a while to undo all the good work done by Marshall. :greengrin

Yes, although saturday was a good start.:top marks:devil:

Danderhall Hibs
20-08-2009, 07:38 AM

It’s definitely only some Hibs fans that think the pass-back from Hogg was poor. It was on the heavy side but it wasn’t at head height or anything - a keeper with at least 10-15 yards of space should be able to deal with it.

I’ve read and watched a few match reports now and they all point the finger at Maka. Maybe he didn’t shake hands with the boys in the press box? Or maybe they’re just objective and know where the blame lies?

blackpoolhibs
20-08-2009, 08:08 AM
It’s definitely only some Hibs fans that think the pass-back from Hogg was poor. It was on the heavy side but it wasn’t at head height or anything - a keeper with at least 10-15 yards of space should be able to deal with it.

I’ve read and watched a few match reports now and they all point the finger at Maka. Maybe he didn’t shake hands with the boys in the press box? Or maybe they’re just objective and know where the blame lies?

I thought the pass back from hogg was not the best, mistake number 1. Maka was a bit too casual, and he should probably have put his foot through the ball, rather than give it to Hanlon, mistake number 2. Hanlon should not have turned into the oncoming player, mistake number 3. When the cross came in, Maka should have let his defence deal with it, rather than try and redeam his original mistake, mistake number 4. All 3 players should shoulder the blame, oh and Gordon Marshall obviously.:wink:

rainman
20-08-2009, 08:16 AM
I thought the pass back from hogg was not the best, mistake number 1. Maka was a bit too casual, and he should probably have put his foot through the ball, rather than give it to Hanlon, mistake number 2. Hanlon should not have turned into the oncoming player, mistake number 3. When the cross came in, Maka should have let his defence deal with it, rather than try and redeam his original mistake, mistake number 4. All 3 players should shoulder the blame, oh and Gordon Marshall obviously.:wink:

:agree: And Petrie!

The reason the journalists choose to blame Maka is so they can jump on the "Yet another Hibs keeper is pish" bandwagon and manufacture an on-going storyline for the long season ahead.

Danderhall Hibs
20-08-2009, 08:23 AM

The reason the journalists choose to blame Maka is so they can jump on the "Yet another Hibs keeper is pish" bandwagon and manufacture an on-going storyline for the long season ahead.

I used to believe that – then I looked at the mistake and realised that they were right. One of the reports I read was in the Sunday Times – pretty respectable newspaper. I wonder what agenda they’d have for “lying” about who made the mistake?

blackpoolhibs
20-08-2009, 08:24 AM

:top marks When the Monk was here, the tabloids had nothing to write about. He kept goal in the traditional way, IE he organized his defence, came and caught crosses, and saved shots. The last 4 keepers before him, have made the position a bit of a comedy act, that has gathered pace in the papers and supporters views. There is no doubt in my mind, Maka can be a decent keeper, but he has to cut out the mistakes like saturdays, and i do feel a loan move could benefit him and us in the long run. I have no idea just how good Stack is, but i dont think for one minute he is here to play 2nd fiddle, and i dont think yogi brought him to the club to be 2nd pick either.

Danderhall Hibs
20-08-2009, 08:25 AM
:top marks When the Monk was here, the tabloids had nothing to write about.

Well that solves it then – let’s get a keeper that doesn’t make many mistakes and the papers can’t hammer him for it.

It all seems so easy when you put it like that.

blackpoolhibs
20-08-2009, 08:28 AM
Well that solves it then – let’s get a keeper that doesn’t make many mistakes and the papers can’t hammer him for it.

It all seems so easy when you put it like that.

I agree.:agree:

WestSideHibby
20-08-2009, 12:21 PM
:top marks When the Monk was here, the tabloids had nothing to write about. He kept goal in the traditional way, IE he organized his defence, came and caught crosses, and saved shots. The last 4 keepers before him, have made the position a bit of a comedy act, that has gathered pace in the papers and supporters views. There is no doubt in my mind, Maka can be a decent keeper, but he has to cut out the mistakes like saturdays, and i do feel a loan move could benefit him and us in the long run. I have no idea just how good Stack is, but i dont think for one minute he is here to play 2nd fiddle, and i dont think yogi brought him to the club to be 2nd pick either.

Well, apart from being too steaming to get on an aeroplane... (http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/topstories/9am-Briefing-Warning-as-more.4959473.jp)

blackpoolhibs
20-08-2009, 12:22 PM
Well, apart from being too steaming to get on an aeroplane... (http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/topstories/9am-Briefing-Warning-as-more.4959473.jp)

In football terms.:greengrin

rainman
20-08-2009, 12:34 PM
I used to believe that – then I looked at the mistake and realised that they were right. One of the reports I read was in the Sunday Times – pretty respectable newspaper. I wonder what agenda they’d have for “lying” about who made the mistake?

Not saying for one minute that Maka wasn't to blame but I think it's easier for all journalists, respectable or not, to lead with "Hibs keeper in yet another error shock" rather than "Hibs defence in comedy capers" maybe with a picture of Hogg, Maka and Hanlon's heads super imposed on the 3 amigos. :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
20-08-2009, 12:48 PM
Not saying for one minute that Maka wasn't to blame but I think it's easier for all journalists, respectable or not, to lead with "Hibs keeper in yet another error shock" rather than "Hibs defence in comedy capers" maybe with a picture of Hogg, Maka and Hanlon's heads super imposed on the 3 amigos. :wink:

He never lead with it - it was part of the article. No headline.

rainman
20-08-2009, 12:50 PM
He never lead with it - it was part of the article. No headline.

Thats disappointing.

Thought my 3 Amigos idea was quality as well. :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
20-08-2009, 12:52 PM
Thats disappointing.

Thought my 3 Amigos idea was quality as well. :greengrin

It is good but it's more of a Daily Record headline than a Sunday Times one. :greengrin

Beefster
20-08-2009, 02:07 PM

Yup, the passback wasn't the worst that I've seen but then, other than let the ball run past him, neither was Maka's dealing with it.

The calamity started for real when Hanlon lost the ball. Maka's mistake was chasing a ball about the box rather than letting defenders deal with it. Sometimes he makes himself look worse by his eagerness to get the ball.

For what it's worth, I think journalists are minded to look for a story (i.e. Hibs never have a decent keeper). The fact that a section of our support goes along with it doesn't help. Our goalies get slaughtered for minor mistakes that other keepers get away with and don't get much praise for anything else.

Danderhall Hibs
20-08-2009, 02:19 PM
For what it's worth, I think journalists are minded to look for a story (i.e. Hibs never have a decent keeper). The fact that a section of our support goes along with it doesn't help. Our goalies get slaughtered for minor mistakes that other keepers get away with and don't get much praise for anything else.

I used to believe that as well. But to be honest I’m sick of trying to defend the defenceless. He made an arse off it he gets criticised. I don’t care what’s in the papers – I’m saying it because I believe it.

Hibs Spain
20-08-2009, 04:01 PM
I used to believe that as well. But to be honest I’m sick of trying to defend the defenceless. He made an arse off it he gets criticised. I don’t care what’s in the papers – I’m saying it because I believe it.Seeing is believing.We're going to have to get you along to a game. Would you like my ticket for the Celtic game as I'll not be here that week? :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
20-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Stack will be our 1st choice keeper within 6 weeks.

Danderhall Hibs
20-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Seeing is believing.We're going to have to get you along to a game. Would you like my ticket for the Celtic game as I'll not be here that week? :greengrin

Clearly it makes no difference if you go to the game or not. You go and still can't see what's in front of you.

Hibs Spain
20-08-2009, 07:15 PM
Clearly it makes no difference if you go to the game or not. You go and still can't see what's in front of you.Offer's still on... Or . You might know someone else that wants the ticket . Great seat ..:agree:

Danderhall Hibs
20-08-2009, 08:12 PM
Offer's still on... Or . You might know someone else that wants the ticket . Great seat ..:agree:

If you do mean it drop me a PM and we can arrange to meet.

I'll bring my boxing gloves...:take that

:greengrin

micka_weer
20-08-2009, 08:37 PM
D'you know, it's been a fair while since I visited and had agood read at the posts, wondering why I hadn't done so for some time.

Reading the initial posts on this thread I've got to say that it'll be a while before I'm back on!

I find it unbelievably embarrasing that there are Hibbys that would actually wish the lad the run of poor luck that he's had. Fine, he might not have been the greatest keeper we've ever had but he's far from being the worst.

I wish the lad (and I think it's important that we mind that that's all he is yet - a lad) all the very best and I thank him for his efforts every time he pulled on a Hibs jersey.

micka

Danderhall Hibs
20-08-2009, 08:40 PM
D'you know, it's been a fair while since I visited and had agood read at the posts, wondering why I hadn't done so for some time.

Reading the initial posts on this thread I've got to say that it'll be a while before I'm back on!

I find it unbelievably embarrasing that there are Hibbys that would actually wish the lad the run of poor luck that he's had. Fine, he might not have been the greatest keeper we've ever had but he's far from being the worst.

I wish the lad (and I think it's important that we mind that that's all he is yet - a lad) all the very best and I thank him for his efforts every time he pulled on a Hibs jersey.

micka

:agree: Although it was only 1 or 2 folk and they've been shot down. You've just got to argue back on here mate - don't let them stop you posting.

johnrebus
27-08-2009, 09:13 AM
Andy will be playing - as a trialist - for Clyde against Alloa Athletic on Saturday.

Good luck to him.

Sylar
27-08-2009, 09:25 AM
He gets around then, as he was in goals for Livingston on Saturday past, as they lost to Berwick Rangers, and by all accounts, had a superb game!

Moody D
27-08-2009, 09:29 AM

micka
Well said. Put's a lot of the posts slagging players off into perspective. It is not easy for young players just now. Get behind them and encourage their development. Andy did his best for Hibs, it didn't work out - good luck for his future.

YehButNoBut
11-09-2009, 11:36 AM
Just signed for Montrose according to Sky Sports News.

Good luck to him. :agree:

hibs1875aye
11-09-2009, 11:42 AM
I dont remember so many folk slagging wee McNeil of when he all but kept us IN the final, helping us win the only silverware we have had in a LONG time!

Still, why not rip the pish out the guy even though he done us no injustice, never slagged us off and done his best, even if it often didn't quite cut it. He didnt set-out to screw things up and he kept us in that final for sure.

Good luck to him I say.

Kerrplunk
11-09-2009, 11:42 AM
Just signed for Montrose according to Sky Sports News.

Good luck to him. :agree:

Think he is better than that and really hope he can work his way back up in his career:thumbsup:

Mickey Edwards
11-09-2009, 03:58 PM
his saves took Scotland u19s to the european final..that whole tournament was an unbelievable exhibition of goalkeeping.....he'll be fine and he'll have a long career at a good level ; too much skill and technique not to. Good luck on the next chapter, it could be the making of you.

Dashing Bob S
11-09-2009, 04:45 PM
Good luck Andy, young keeper is always a risk in the recession, once you've learned your trade and got some games under your belt, you'll be back in SPL at somewhere like Tannadice, and ready to haunt us.