PDA

View Full Version : the sun players rating

erin go bragh
17-08-2009, 10:21 AM
they gave bamba a fin 5:confused:! i thought he was outstanding and never put a foot wrong![they gave the comment"could have been penalised for handling in the box" wtf! do these idiots actualy watch the game .
im going to buy a different paper but the daily ranger is just as bad:grr:

Danderhall Hibs
17-08-2009, 10:23 AM
they gave bamba a fin 5:confused:! i thought he was outstanding and never put a foot wrong![they gave the comment"could have been penalised for handling in the box" wtf! do these idiots actualy watch the game .
im going to buy a different paper but the daily ranger is just as bad:grr:

There’s no science to these things. I’ve seen a sub got a token couple of minutes get 5 out of 10 when he made no contribution at all. It’s just the last thing the journalist does before submitting his report.

What did Maka, Hogg and Hanlon get out of interest?

erin go bragh
17-08-2009, 10:32 AM
There’s no science to these things. I’ve seen a sub got a token couple of minutes get 5 out of 10 when he made no contribution at all. It’s just the last thing the journalist does before submitting his report.

What did Maka, Hogg and Hanlon get out of interest?
maka 5
hogg 6
hanlon 6 ! they gave nish a 6 as well. so nish had a better game than bamba:confused:

Danderhall Hibs
17-08-2009, 10:39 AM
maka 5
hogg 6
hanlon 6 ! they gave nish a 6 as well. so nish had a better game than bamba:confused:

They’re obviously just spreading out the scores for their fantasy football leagues.

There was one game last year (I think it was Celtc) where the Sun scored the Celtc players higher (in total) than ours. We beat them though. How can they be better out of 140 if they lose?

It’s just drivel, I don’t mind the wee summary bit for each player but they don’t need to score them as well other than for FFL reasons.

GreenPJ
17-08-2009, 10:47 AM
What did they give Riordan?

Dashing Bob S
17-08-2009, 10:54 AM
So we're discussing a corrupt comic that sends a student along to cover the game for his entry fee on the basis that it should scientifically evaluate the contribution of players?

I'd put more stock in the scores provided by Hello! if they covered such events.

Danderhall Hibs
17-08-2009, 10:57 AM
So we're discussing a corrupt comic that sends a student along to cover the game for his entry fee on the basis that it should scientifically evaluate the contribution of players?

I'd put more stock in the scores provided by Hello! if they covered such events.

:hilarious There's no much science to saying he was better than him - I'll give him a 6 and the other one 5. But they've not managed that. Mind you it is down the trainee journalist opinion.

I reckon he's not got Bamba in his fantasy team.

BT58
17-08-2009, 10:57 AM
the daily ranger had the crowd at 6000+
is the tache doing a tax number:wink::wink:
hb

Danderhall Hibs
17-08-2009, 10:58 AM
the daily ranger had the crowd at 6000+
is the tache doing a tax number:wink::wink:
hb

As did Sky Sports, the BBC, the Sunday Herald and no doubt others.

Someone must’ve given that number out to the Press Association – the official site have it as 13400-odd.

Violater
17-08-2009, 10:59 AM
I would'nt wipe my A$$ with The Sun or the Daily Record.

Danderhall Hibs
17-08-2009, 11:04 AM

Well done on following the rules... (http://www.hibs.net/message/showpost.php?p=2119294&postcount=45)

From here (http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=157099&highlight=hibs.net&page=2)- a must read for all .net users.

Jack
17-08-2009, 11:24 AM
High scores are reserved, not normally deserved, for the OF. It reinforces their misplaced belief that all thing OF are superior in all ways, Danderhall Hibs provides a very good example. You might also notice that if one of the bigots is considering a move for a player that will slowly increase their weekly markings till they're OF material.

Can I ask why you buy the Sun anyway – its not actually got any news in it? The football is anti everything except the OF, the only time they say anything decent about our players is when they are unsettling them before a OF match or a making a derogatory offer. Oh and a laugh at Hearts latest moment of madness.

Mind you the quality of journalism at all of our 'great' dailies is at an all time low, which is why I no longer read them but save trees and sometimes scan the on-line versions.

brog
17-08-2009, 12:30 PM

That's an interesting thought Bob, I can see the opening lines from a visit to PBS.

Michael Stewart welcomed us to his lovely home on Saturday. Light motes danced across the perfectly preserved main stand only serving to contrast with the strikingly modern, yet superbly functional design of the palatial new pressboxes. Michael himself was wearing the new autumn collection, an intriguingly coloured ( turdish red ) top once more matching perfectly with Michael's cleverly highlighted coiffure.
Unfortunately the interview was curtailed as Michael had to partake in a consultative think tank considering whether to change the club's name from HMFC to HRMC, a taxing challenge indeed.

Stadium pics were by D Crepit, Michael's top is a Tam White original & his hair was done by S Wonder.

MacBean
17-08-2009, 03:13 PM
At least they aren't bigging Bamba up to be the next big thing, and going to poach him to sit on the bench thru in the great greay glasgow!

GTMRossaK3
17-08-2009, 03:15 PM

Just as well cos you'd get scores on your bum!

blackpoolhibs
17-08-2009, 03:18 PM
I picked up the record today in asda, some of the marks and comments they gave our players were comedy gold. I'm pretty sure whoever it was, was nowhere near easter road on saturday.

James70
17-08-2009, 04:02 PM
According to Jim McLean in the Express;

"It must have been tough on Saints to have put so much into this game to end up with nothing"

"I did not think it was a red-card offence"

He also blames Maka for another goal keeping howler, no mention of the part played by other defenders in the lead up to the goal.

Players ratings-Maka 3, Hogg 7 but Bamba and McBride only 6 and the attendance incidentally according to the Express was 12,313!

erin go bragh
17-08-2009, 08:08 PM
What did they give Riordan?
deeks got a 6 [which was proberly about right

ancient hibee
17-08-2009, 08:10 PM
At least they aren't bigging Bamba up to be the next big thing, and going to poach him to sit on the bench thru in the great greay glasgow!
Celtic have a centre half problem:greengrin