PDA

View Full Version : 15 days to go...... Ins/Outs

007 Mickey Weir
16-08-2009, 07:47 PM
Well with 15 days until the transfer window closes how do we think could come in and go out during this time?

Give Hughes £1million and we could get a very strong squad!! Unlikely, but I do believe realistic, and within our budget. this is only the Jones money, and season ticket money. The Fletcher cash can be used towards the new stand.

Loan a few of the fringe players out until January, with option to recall them if needed. With no reserve league it will keep them match fit as well as give them 1st team experience.

In's?

Barr - £300,000
Arfield - £300,000
Stokes – Free
Caddis - £300-500,000
Boozy – Free

Outs?

DVZ (ITC) – Free
Keenan - Freed
Deane – Loan
Wilson – Loan
Moyes - Loan
Currie - Loan

What do people think?

Spike Mandela
16-08-2009, 07:49 PM
£1m would have to include salary as well as transfer so have to slim your ideas down a bit:cool2:

Love the Green
16-08-2009, 07:55 PM
£1m would have to include salary as well as transfer so have to slim your ideas down a bit:cool2:

Fed up hearing all this salary pish.........how much do you think we have saved weekly after moviing so many players out?......obrien and fletch were meant to be top earners........add jones and all the others and compare that to what we are paying cregg,mcbride the goalie and galbraith.......we must have plenty left to pay 2/3 good players about 2k a week befor the wages budget extends beyond last seasons.
"keep the faith":wink:

007 Mickey Weir
16-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Ok, but we have just removed some our top earners in Fletcher/Jones/O'Brien , from our wage bill.

Wages swap -

Stokes for Fletcher
Barr For Jones
Arfield for O'Brien
Jones - DVZ
Caddis - Keenan/Campbell/Cropley

007 Mickey Weir
16-08-2009, 08:03 PM
Other wage swaps -

In (4)

Cregg/Galbraith/McBride/Stack

Out (8)

Grzegorz Szamotulski/Denes Rosa/Fabian Yantorno/Damon Gray/Andrew McNeil/Ally Park/Oliver Russell/ Ross Chisholm,

BEEJ
16-08-2009, 08:04 PM
Season ticket money pays for salaries, not transfer fees.

Keenan will be away by 31st August, either to another club or released at the end of the window.

Other players currently without a squad number (Moyes, Currie, Wilson, Welsh, Deane) look like candidates for going out on loan. I suspect that perhaps three of these lads will be loaned out.

Other than that I think we could yet have one or two surprises in terms of departures.

As to who is arriving, plenty or rumour and speculation but I haven't a clue personally. My bet would be a couple of transfers in (one for a fee) and a couple more in on a season-long loan.

And I also reckon that things on that front will begin to hot up from a week tomorrow. :wink:

jgl07
16-08-2009, 08:07 PM
Well with 15 days until the transfer window closes how do we think could come in and go out during this time?

Give Hughes £1million and we could get a very strong squad!! Unlikely, but I do believe realistic, and within our budget. this is only the Jones money, and season ticket money. The Fletcher cash can be used towards the new stand.

Loan a few of the fringe players out until January, with option to recall them if needed. With no reserve league it will keep them match fit as well as give them 1st team experience.

In's?

Barr - £300,000
Arfield - £300,000
Stokes – Free
Caddis - £300-500,000
Boozy – Free

Outs?

DVZ (ITC) – Free
Keenan - Freed
Deane – Loan
Wilson – Loan
Moyes - Loan
Currie - Loan

What do people think?
I think you have been on the waccy baccy.

Hibs do not sign £500,000 players. The wage bill for any player likely to attract that sort of fee would totally bust Hibs's wage structure.

As for getting Arfield for £300,000, you cannot be serious.

Maybe Stokes if Sunderland want him off the books? Maybe Barr but I have my doubts?

007 Mickey Weir
16-08-2009, 08:17 PM
Not saying it will happen.

But surely within our budget.

Caddis/arfield are not going to happen hibs being hibs. Unless Caddis comes on loan.

Barr/Stokes I think are the most likely.

rebhar
16-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Who's Caddis?:confused:

CallumHibs07
16-08-2009, 08:25 PM
In

Barr
Boozy
Stokes

Out

Deane
Currie
Moyes
Booth

All outs loan deals as I can't see them breaking through this season.

HibeeUnderwood
16-08-2009, 08:28 PM
With the money recieved from the Fletcher and Jones transfers, thats surely enough to get either Stokes or Barr, can't see us signing them both to be honest.

We don't need Arfield as we have plenty of competition for left sided places.

I can see Keenan leaving at the end of the month, I think Van Zanten will stay as we only have 2 main right backs, Bamba and McCormack can cover but they are centre backs!

We probably don't need Caddis.

Sending a few of the youngsters out on loan would be a very good move!

And I also can't see us signing Boozy. Not that I wouldn't like it, I would, but I just don't see it happening!

bingo70
16-08-2009, 08:36 PM
Who's Caddis?:confused:

He's a young celtic player, right back i think.

Think i'm right in saying he was on loan at Dundee Utd last season, no idea how he got on there though.

007 Mickey Weir
16-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Caddis is an young attacking right back. Did very well while on loan at Utd.

ancient hibee
16-08-2009, 08:49 PM
Why would Stokes want to stop coining it in at Sunderland to come to us?

bingo70
16-08-2009, 08:53 PM

To play football, start enjoying it again and hopefully get his career back on track.

We don't pay top dollar, however if he was to get around £2k-£3k a week plus bonuses it's still a fantastic wage and if he does well here he could get a move back to a bigger club where he can start to coin it in again.

I think it'd be a good move for both parties

jgl07
16-08-2009, 09:01 PM
They might want to pay him off to get him off the books?

MacBean
16-08-2009, 09:41 PM
would love to see another striker in and someone else in defence.
however the starting squad we have is good, but there is no depth.

Speedway
16-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Just to whet your slappytight about the possibility of Stokes joining us:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk2PnUg00Ro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LevitSITTwQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpEHW_B0OXk

Col2
16-08-2009, 10:10 PM
Just to whet your slappytight about the possibility of Stokes joining us:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk2PnUg00Ro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LevitSITTwQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpEHW_B0OXk

Some great footage. Two footed, with pace, and a goalscorer. Also looks like he is more right sided and with Deek left then you can see the attraction!

Dashing Bob S
17-08-2009, 07:11 AM
Some great footage. Two footed, with pace, and a goalscorer. Also looks like he is more right sided and with Deek left then you can see the attraction!

Great strike by Rankin for ICT in the last thread.

sambajustice
17-08-2009, 07:27 AM
Great strike by Rankin for ICT in the last thread.

And Hertz new signing getting sent off at half time for being an erse!!! :greengrin:greengrin

IWasThere2016
17-08-2009, 07:38 AM

He wants to play first team football. His best spell was under Yogi. This move is very much on IMHO.

RIP
17-08-2009, 07:44 AM
Arfield is currently weighing up wage offers between 7 and 10 grand a week. Will not be coming to Hibs

Is Stokes any better than Kurtis Byrne?

Just asking

Petrie's Tache
17-08-2009, 08:04 AM
Arfield is currently weighing up wage offers between 7 and 10 grand a week. Will not be coming to Hibs

Just asking

Sauce??:greengrin

RIP
17-08-2009, 09:15 AM
Arfield is currently weighing up wage offers between 7 and 10 grand a week.

Sauce??:greengrin

Falkirk manager Eddie May has stated that FOUR Championship teams are currently fighting it out for Arfield's signature

£7-10K is the target wage in the second tier for a striker

Dashing Bob S
17-08-2009, 09:16 AM

Just asking

Potential is hard to measure. Goal aren't. Stokes has scored than Byrne in the SPL.

Petrie's Tache
17-08-2009, 09:18 AM
Falkirk manager Eddie May has stated that FOUR Championship teams are currently fighting it out for Arfield's signature

With no firm offers?

RIP
17-08-2009, 09:34 AM
With no firm offers?

No figures have yet been made public but the inference from Eddie is that if the wages are right for Scott, Falkirk will then listen to concete offers

Is this not the way that clubs manage transfers in the Bosman era?

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/cc_championship/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/09/08/15/manual_184550.html&TEAMHD=nationwide1

JimBHibees
17-08-2009, 09:52 AM

Arfield isnt a striker though.

Andy74
17-08-2009, 11:19 AM
He wants to play first team football. His best spell was under Yogi. This move is very much on IMHO.

:agree:

RIP
17-08-2009, 11:23 AM
Arfield isnt a striker though.

Yeh - sorry - getting Stokes and Arfield muxed ip

Expecting Rain
17-08-2009, 11:25 AM
Makalamby,Hogg,Rankin and Nish, we should get a few quid for them whilst some rate them.

down the slope
17-08-2009, 11:32 AM
I would keep Rankin but the rest i doubt we could give away, Hogg has been with us for four years and has not progressed to a level that is good enough for the SPL. Makalamby-well what can you say, he must lose us nearly a goal a game and as for Nish he was ok as a stopgap when Mixu took over but i think we need to move on from that level of player.

Barney McGrew
17-08-2009, 11:37 AM
Makalamby-well what can you say, he must lose us nearly a goal a game

You're suggesting he cost us 20-30 goals last season?

Expecting Rain
17-08-2009, 11:39 AM
I would keep Rankin but the rest i doubt we could give away, Hogg has been with us for four years and has not progressed to a level that is good enough for the SPL. Makalamby-well what can you say, he must lose us nearly a goal a game and as for Nish he was ok as a stopgap when Mixu took over but i think we need to move on from that level of player.

I agree apart from Rankin who runs around like a headless chicken making it up as he goes along, he should take at look at Wotherspoon and check out what you can do when you add composure to your game.

CallumLaidlaw
17-08-2009, 11:47 AM
Makalamby,Hogg,Rankin and Nish, we should get a few quid for them whilst some rate them.

As much as you hate him, I think you can forget about Hogg going anywhere, seeing as Yogi has made him his captain.
Maka is also seen by a long term plan for the club too. I think Stack will soon be our number 1, but Maka would be a decent backup, and has the potential to develop into an excellent keeper.
Rankin seems to be the type of player that Yogi likes. A grafter, so can't see him going anywhere.
Nish is the only one I really agree with. I think with Riordan, Benji, Byrne, and JJ, and then talk of 1 more, we have plenty of competition for 2 spots.

Hibbyradge
17-08-2009, 11:53 AM
I agree apart from Rankin who runs around like a headless chicken making it up as he goes along, he should take at look at Wotherspoon and check out what you can do when you add composure to your game.

I doubt Wotherspoon would agree with you.

Have a look at Hibs first goal again.

Rankins run was clever, it got us round the back of the St Mirren defence and his determination to cross the ball provided Wotherspoon with his chance.

It won't be very nice viewing for you though because Colin Nish's contribution at the goal was skillful, precise and vital.

However, if you keep looking, later you'll see Rankin burst through to disposess a St Mirren player by taking the ball with his chest then make a thrusting run forward to set Deek up for a shot.

You'll also see him having a fantastic shot a goal himself which the keeper did well to save.

Not bad for a headless chicken.

Expecting Rain
17-08-2009, 11:54 AM
As much as you hate him, I think you can forget about Hogg going anywhere, seeing as Yogi has made him his captain.
Maka is also seen by a long term plan for the club too. I think Stack will soon be our number 1, but Maka would be a decent backup, and has the potential to develop into an excellent keeper.
Rankin seems to be the type of player that Yogi likes. A grafter, so can't see him going anywhere.
Nish is the only one I really agree with. I think with Riordan, Benji, Byrne, and JJ, and then talk of 1 more, we have plenty of competition for 2 spots.

Callum,i don`t hate anybody i just don`t rate these guys as good football players in the context of the SPL.

brog
17-08-2009, 11:58 AM

As you say very 2 footed, you can imagine him interchanging with Deeks throughout the game. He also fits the Hibs profile, flamboyant, full of flair & a wee bit naughty as well. We've maybe found a mate for Deeks! :wink:

Dashing Bob S
17-08-2009, 11:58 AM
Callum,i don`t hate anybody i just don`t rate these guys as good football players in the context of the SPL.

Which is much, much worse than saying you merely hate them.

Expecting Rain
17-08-2009, 12:02 PM
I doubt Wotherspoon would agree with you.

Have a look at Hibs first goal again.

Rankins run was clever, it got us round the back of the St Mirren defence and his determination to cross the ball provided Wotherspoon with his chance.

It won't be very nice viewing for you though because Colin Nish's contribution at the goal was skillful, precise and vital.

However, if you keep looking, later you'll see Rankin burst through to disposess a St Mirren player by taking the ball with his chest then make a thrusting run forward to set Deek up for a shot.

You'll also see him having a fantastic shot a goal himself which the keeper did well to save.

Not bad for a headless chicken.

Your perception of players is as valid as mine i`ll stick with my own views and we`ll discuss their contributions at the end of the season, even if they are playing with new clubs or keeping the bench warm.

Hibbyradge
17-08-2009, 12:07 PM
Your perception of players is as valid as mine i`ll stick with my own views and we`ll discuss their contributions at the end of the season, even if they are playing with new clubs or keeping the bench warm.

You don't ever give the players you don't like any credit, even when they're due some, so actually, I'm not sure your perception is valid at all. It's certainly not balanced.

Too many folk on here seem to think the way to exhibit some knowledge of football is by picking on a player(s) and slagging them off at every opportunity. Finding fault is the easiest thing in the world.

Hibby 2005
17-08-2009, 12:21 PM
Rankin would be the player I would sacrifice from midfield next week if Zemmama is fit as Wotherspoon deserves to stay there. Hughes obviously likes the McBride/Gregg partnership so this would make sense.

Nish is our only target man so he will probably stay although a Benji/Riordan strikeforce looks good on paper.

Hogg is a weak link as is Maka but this has been well documented and as Hogg has been made Captain it seems unlikely he'll be dropped in the near future, IMHO this could well come back and bite Hughes on the bum.

Hibbyradge
17-08-2009, 12:22 PM
I don't expect Bamba to be with us much longer.

blackpoolhibs
17-08-2009, 12:23 PM
Rankin would be the player I would sacrifice from midfield next week if Zemmama is fit as Wotherspoon deserves to stay there. Hughes obviously likes the McBride/Gregg partnership so this would make sense.
:top marks:agree:

Nish is our only target man so he will probably stay although a Benji/Riordan strikeforce looks good on paper.
Hopefully we get someone else in this week.

Hogg is a weak link as is Maka but this has been well documented and as Hogg has been made Captain it seems unlikely he'll be dropped in the near future, IMHO this could well come back and bite Hughes on the bum.

:agree::top marks

Cropley10
17-08-2009, 12:40 PM
Too many folk on here seem to think the way to exhibit some knowledge of football is by picking on a player(s) and slagging them off at every opportunity. Finding fault is the easiest thing in the world.

:agree: - folk gettting on McCann's back on Saturday apparently (a young laddie who's has a season out injured FFS). Other folk reckoning McBride's another Kerr or Barry Crab, when he didn't put a foot wrong on Sat!

Well it would need to be Barr in - otherwise we'll ship goals. Have to say Hogg didn't have his 'best' game on Saturday but on the basis he's skipper he's going nowhere IMHO.

Hibbyradge
17-08-2009, 12:43 PM
:agree: - folk gettting on McCann's back on Saturday apparently (a young laddie who's has a season out injured FFS). Other folk reckoning McBride's another Kerr or Barry Crab, when he didn't put a foot wrong on Sat!

Well it would need to be Barr in - otherwise we'll ship goals. Have to say Hogg didn't have his 'best' game on Saturday but on the basis he's skipper he's going nowhere IMHO.

Possibly, but we've sold or lost our last 3 captains, IIRC.

blackpoolhibs
17-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Possibly, but we've sold or lost our last 3 captains, IIRC.

I dont think we will have to worry much on that happening again too soon.

Westie1875
17-08-2009, 01:04 PM

Why not, is someone interested in buying him ?

zlatan
17-08-2009, 01:18 PM
Why not, is someone interested in buying him ?

It's all right, it's HibbyRadge saying it, that means Bamba will probably be signing a new contract next week :thumbsup:

only kidding xxx

Hibbyradge
17-08-2009, 01:25 PM
It's all right, it's HibbyRadge saying it, that means Bamba will probably be signing a new contract next week :thumbsup:

only kidding xxx

Bam! :greengrin

Steve20
17-08-2009, 01:25 PM
It would be nice if we got 1 or 2 in this week. However, I don't expect any will until the final few days of the transfer window.

brog
17-08-2009, 02:24 PM

only kidding xxx

Mabe it was Sol going to Southampton!! Easily confused with Deek!

JimBHibees
17-08-2009, 03:34 PM

If we are selling Bamba we need 2 centre halfs in pronto IMO, both with a decent physical presence.

Hibby 2005
18-08-2009, 08:05 AM
Looking at today's DR headlines there may be reasons other than football for Bamba leaving!

YehButNoBut
18-08-2009, 08:22 AM
Looking at today's DR headlines there may be reasons other than football for Bamba leaving!

Tell us more then, what reasons?

Hibby 2005
18-08-2009, 08:27 AM
Bamba's French partner and child living in Paris. Working on their problems (allegedly).

EskbankHibby
18-08-2009, 08:28 AM
Tell us more then, what reasons?

Brief synopsis - Caught dipping a stripper apparently, she's preggers and says it's his, his girlfriend and daughter have returned to France and he is reviewing his carreer options.

Expecting Rain
18-08-2009, 11:15 AM
Which is much, much worse than saying you merely hate them.

No amount of misinterpretation or smart arse comments will influence of my opinion, there are players i don`t rate contrary to belief i do want them to do well, i thought Rankin picked his game up towards the end of the season but for me he and the rest wouldn`t be in my first eleven pick, we`ve signed better players than JR in Cregg and McBride, we`ve also seen the return of Zemmama and Benji who would always play ahead of Nish with the right attitude and Murray and Bamba would be a far better centre-back partnership than the present one.

Dashing Bob S
18-08-2009, 11:19 AM
No amount of misinterpretation or smart arse comments will influence of my opinion, there are players i don`t rate contrary to belief i do want them to do well, i thought Rankin picked his game up towards the end of the season but for me he and the rest wouldn`t be in my first eleven pick, we`ve signed better players than JR in Cregg and McBride, we`ve also seen the return of Zemmama and Benji who would always play ahead of Nish with the right attitude and Murray and Bamba would be a far better centre-back partnership than the present one.

Relax, old chap. Was just having a laugh about the standard of Scottish football, not trying to denigrate you personally, or influence your opinion, which you are perfectly entitled to hold, and many of which I can't really disagree with in any case.

Expecting Rain
18-08-2009, 11:19 AM
You don't ever give the players you don't like any credit, even when they're due some, so actually, I'm not sure your perception is valid at all. It's certainly not balanced.

Yes i agree it is easier to be negative but tell me which part of Hogg`s game should i start praising climbing all over Higdon, the pass back to Makalamby or being rescued by Bamba. Rankin had a good effort at goal, made the first goal but overall was poor, Nish spent most of the time on his arse gesticulating to the referee, as for Maka we seem to be playing handicap football with him giving away a goal a game.

GreenOnions
18-08-2009, 11:20 AM
If we are selling Bamba we need 2 centre halfs in pronto IMO, both with a decent physical presence.

Maybe this is where the Russell Anderson on loan story/speculation comes in?

Expecting Rain
18-08-2009, 11:21 AM
Relax, old chap. Was just having a laugh about the standard of Scottish football, not trying to denigrate you personally, or influence your opinion, which you are perfectly entitled to hold, and many of which I can't really disagree with in any case.

Ok Bobby, i thought i was in the line of fire, not for the first time, i`ve taken my tablets and i`m perfectly calm.

Dashing Bob S
18-08-2009, 11:42 AM
Ok Bobby, i thought i was in the line of fire, not for the first time, i`ve taken my tablets and i`m perfectly calm.

Good man. Some bhuddist chanting helps. Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

blackpoolhibs
18-08-2009, 12:14 PM
Yes i agree it is easier to be negative but tell me which part of Hogg`s game should i start praising climbing all over Higdon, the pass back to Makalamby or being rescued by Bamba. Rankin had a good effort at goal, made the first goal but overall was poor, Nish spent most of the time on his arse gesticulating to the referee,

:top marks