PDA

View Full Version : Corners : let's have some more variety

Toaods
16-08-2009, 03:59 PM
anyone notice that almost all our corners are taken by Deek (not a problem there) but are always fired directly into the box.

It's a wee gripe I've always had simce Darren Jackson insisted ontaking every dead-ball situation when he wason the park.

With Galbraith on the park and the St Mirren players obviously worried about Bamba's presence they all pulled back in and Galbraith made himself available for the short one, which Deek quickly spotted. Lo and behold.....goal.

let's keep the variety going throughtout the 90 from now on please....:cool2:

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-08-2009, 04:45 PM
Time that it was left to a midfielder to take corners and start set pieces. Although delivery is everything, IMO Deeks is the best finisher we have, and I want him at the business end. I would be consulting Scott Thomson because although an attacker can tell you where he wants the ball to go, it is maybe more important for a goalkeeper to tell you where the best place to put the ball is.

Toaods
16-08-2009, 05:20 PM
What happens when we always have variety throughout the 90 minutes :cool2:

we win more games. :cool2:

Jack
16-08-2009, 06:30 PM
I’m willing to bet a wee bag of sweeties Deeks scores direct from a corner before the end of the season. :agree:

CallumHibs07
16-08-2009, 08:26 PM
Deeks' corner short pass to Galbraith for Benji to score was it not?

ancient hibee
16-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Deeks' corner short pass to Galbraith for Benji to score was it not?
Stop using facts to counter opinions:greengrin

MacBean
16-08-2009, 09:34 PM
have to say i totally dispise short corners but yeah a bit more of a mix up in the delivery area would be great.
maybe even have deek at the edge of the box as we know he has the technique to ping it on the volley

CallumHibs07
17-08-2009, 12:45 AM
Stop using facts to counter opinions:greengrin

Facts and figures:thumbsup:

hibs1875aye
17-08-2009, 11:46 AM
Been saying this for ages (though he should still be hitting these free kicks) but with millions of quid spent on a training centre, surely we can teach someone else to fire in the corners for our naturally talented God gifted (top goalscorer) to rattle in the net no :confused: :greengrin

No more corners taken by Deek. Corners to Deek please...there is no Jones now to fire EVERY single corner at so lets try some revolutionary thinking and fire some corners to Riordan.......points mean prizes :thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
17-08-2009, 12:17 PM
We need to sign a really big centre half, and then start pumping every corner straight onto his bonce. I'm sure that would work.:wink:

Broken Gnome
17-08-2009, 12:25 PM
I don't quite get how Riordan, top goalscorer and all, is some sort of target man for corners....

Hibee87
17-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Zemmama took them against rait rovers from the right and galbraith from the left so there is more options than deek ( i knwo deek wasnt on the park but still more options)

deek is no target man and has a great delivery and can whip balls in from either side with either foot. agreed though that sometimes let someone else take it and deek lurck on the edge of the area like rankin usually does

Andy74
17-08-2009, 02:09 PM
I don't quite get how Riordan, top goalscorer and all, is some sort of target man for corners....

I know, I was trying to figure that one out too.

We'll get a lot more joy with a good delivery from Deeks than we will expecting him to get on the end of anyhting like a corner.

Sure he can be in and around the box for richard o'shays and loose balls but I'm not that sure he's a McCoist type poacher either that you could rely on to get his body parts to just about anyhting going near the goals and put it in.

Deeks is a more about making space and shooting so for me there's no problem us using one of his best assets which is delivery of the ball.

hibbie02
17-08-2009, 03:31 PM
I know, I was trying to figure that one out too.

We'll get a lot more joy with a good delivery from Deeks than we will expecting him to get on the end of anyhting like a corner.

Sure he can be in and around the box for richard o'shays and loose balls but I'm not that sure he's a McCoist type poacher either that you could rely on to get his body parts to just about anyhting going near the goals and put it in.

Deeks is a more about making space and shooting so for me there's no problem us using one of his best assets which is delivery of the ball.

I don't see him as a target man, more a lurker at the edge of the box. Option to play a shortish one to him or for him to mop up poorly cleared balls. If nothing else it would pull one of their defenders out the way. If anyone could lash them in from the corner of the 18 yard box it would be Deekus.:greengrin

Broken Gnome
17-08-2009, 03:34 PM
I don't see him as a target man, more a lurker at the edge of the box. Option to play a shortish one to him or for him to mop up poorly cleared balls. If nothing else it would pull one of their defenders out the way. If anyone could lash them in from the corner of the 18 yard box it would be Deekus.:greengrin

If there's one guy an opposition would be wary of at the edge of the box, it would be Deekus...