PDA

View Full Version : NHC Goal that never was..

The_Horde
16-08-2009, 01:07 PM
Anyone seen this? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywdYMsYfJg0&feature=popular)

I find the interview quite funny. :agree:

ChilliEater
16-08-2009, 01:43 PM
Very similar to a goal Dundee Utd scored against Partick at Firhill that Les Mottram didn't give. Even funnier was that a Partick defender picked the ball up with both hands and chucked it to his keeper who booted back to half way for kick off, only for the players to then realise that Les was waving play on - missed the goal (which was almost understandable, it could have looked like it hit the bar) but then also missed the hand ball in the box. Farcical.

--------
16-08-2009, 01:48 PM
IIRC we had one discounted like that against SV Hamburg in the old Fairs' Cup that would have put us into the quarter-finals in 1969 or 1970.

Eric Stevenson's shot, I think.

Wotherspiniesta
16-08-2009, 01:55 PM
It's ridcuolous that something like that can happen in the modern game but of all the people to have it happen to, it just had to be Neil Warnock. Always been a moany classless git and now a real injustice has happened to him. What it doesn't mention is that Warnock refused to shake hands of any of the Bristol City staff or players after the game. Even Simon Jordan accused Bristol City of CHEATING.

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/10_02/PalaceWarnock_468x289.jpg

These two really were made for each other. :jamboak:

blackpoolhibs
16-08-2009, 01:59 PM
Anything that annoys Neil Warnock if fine by me.:greengrin I'd love to see him in big brother.:faf:

--------
16-08-2009, 02:00 PM
It's ridcuolous that something like that can happen in the modern game but of all the people to have it happen to, it just had to be Neil Warnock. Always been a moany classless git and now a real injustice has happened to him. What it doesn't mention is that Warnock refused to shake hands of any of the Bristol City staff or players after the game. Even Simon Jordan accused Bristol City of CHEATING.

I like Neil Warnock.

I rather like "moany classless gits" - but then I like to think I do "moany classless git" quite well myself.

Since the goal was clearly in, and the Bristol people all knew it yet none of them would admit it, I can see his and Jordan's point.....

YehButNoBut
16-08-2009, 02:04 PM
Were discussing this on Sky Sports who said that Bristol should have just let Palace score against them as they all knew it was a goal.

Probably the sporting thing to do, not sure if I'd be happy for Hibs do that, sporting or not, imagine if it happened in a derby game.

--------
16-08-2009, 02:10 PM
Were discussing this on Sky Sports who said that Bristol should have just let Palace score against them as they all knew it was a goal.

Probably the sporting thing to do, not sure if I'd be happy for Hibs do that, sporting or not, imagine if it happened in a derby game.

If they can put cameras in cricket stumps, they can put cameras in goalposts. Long past time they did.

Hermit Crab
16-08-2009, 02:11 PM
Clearly a goal just watch the bristol players reaction. How all 4 match officials missed that is a disgrace. They should be retrained or demoted.

Removed
16-08-2009, 02:21 PM
Just watched it on the highlights programme - absolutute disgrace. Warnock should just have taken his players off the pitch and refused to carry on. The officials should hang their heads in shame, and I don't really care which teams are involved, it makes a mockery of the game.

givescotlandfreedom
16-08-2009, 02:37 PM
I wonder if all they Engerlish telly pundits saying Norwegian referees weren't qualified to take a European game will tell us their referees are just as bad now. Add Darren Fletcher to that for talking similar crap after the Scotland game midweek.

Iggy Pope
16-08-2009, 03:23 PM

And what of the Bristol City players putting pressure on the linesman and ref even though they knew it was a goal? Hartley (surprise surprise) amongst them.
Cheats. No doubt.
The stand behind the goal is full of City fans with their arms folded loooking seek!
Referee is a Grade 1 fool and Johnson and his squad should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.
Warnock (hate him or love him) said on Sky Sports this morning that the 4th Official knew it was a goal....and Chris Kamara called it spot on when he said that a football man would never have called it in to question.
The standard of refereeing is *****. Everywhere.

--------
16-08-2009, 06:09 PM
And what of the Bristol City players putting pressure on the linesman and ref even though they knew it was a goal? Hartley (surprise surprise) amongst them.
Cheats. No doubt.
The stand behind the goal is full of City fans with their arms folded loooking seek!
Referee is a Grade 1 fool and Johnson and his squad should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.
Warnock (hate him or love him) said on Sky Sports this morning that the 4th Official knew it was a goal....and Chris Kamara called it spot on when he said that a football man would never have called it in to question.

Yes. The Bristol players must have known it was in, yet there they are, pressuring the officials. Cheats.

The fourth official standing there po-faced, saying and doing nothing. the referee and assistants either blind, daft, or dishonest.

If I were Warnock I wouldn't shake hands with any of that bunch either.

I'd worry I wouldn't get my fingers back.

whereswallace?
16-08-2009, 08:04 PM
The thing that got me aswell was,what did the ref reckon had happened if there wasn't a goal then? He sees the players all run off to celebrate,the reaction of both sets of fans,the reactions of the players,surely he must have thought hold on a second maybe iv messed this up.An absolute joke!

CallumHibs07
16-08-2009, 08:31 PM
I wonder what Hartley and the other Bristol player were saying to the linesman and referee. Surely they can't have been denying it was a goal. :hmmm:

O'Rourke3
16-08-2009, 09:20 PM
As a scorer of a wonder goal that came back out and been in two other games where my team scored and had the goal disallowed - basically cos the ref missed them all, sh*t happens and it's really frustrating. The Bristol team at the time saw the ball go in but the ref checked with the linesman which then got them all thinking there was some other form of infringement. Even with Wolfman on the pitch I don't think the BC players were putting pressure on the linesman. The BC manager confirmed to the 4th official he thought it was a goal. So this one is down to the ref.

The fact that Warnock is peed off just makes it funny. I - no real reason other than the type of face you immediately hate - don't like the bloke and since he was nearly on Hearts radar means he's further down my list.

jabis
16-08-2009, 09:31 PM
Cheats. No doubt.

dirty ex-hibs bassa :cool2:

is that what your trying to say ?

Mikeystewart
17-08-2009, 07:54 AM
Anyone seen this? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywdYMsYfJg0&feature=popular)

I find the interview quite funny. :agree:

Looked like he was about to have a breakdown. A think he kept himself relatively cool. Imagine that happening in a derby :grr: :bitchy:

heretoday
17-08-2009, 08:56 AM
Should the City players not have tried to persuade the ref that it was a goal? Sorry if that it an outdated concept of honesty.

Actually the solution is probably for the fourth official to have a monitor and he could check the goal in a matter of seconds.

Keith_M
17-08-2009, 09:04 AM
Actually the solution is probably for the fourth official to have a monitor and he could check the goal in a matter of seconds.

That would solve the problem. I'm sure he and the ref could have some kind of communication device, to indicate a goal was scored.

brog
17-08-2009, 12:44 PM
Should the City players not have tried to persuade the ref that it was a goal? Sorry if that it an outdated concept of honesty.

The solution is to have officials who have an IQ & who actually understand & love the game. Just look at the reactions of the players & the body language, you'll quickly work out it was a goal.

Wotherspiniesta
17-08-2009, 05:08 PM
I know it has been debated before and one of cons was the cost. who would pay for it? What level of football would it apply to?

Warnock suggested the ref should be banned for a year. He called the opposition cheats.
The opposition didn't cheat, they accepted the ref's (wrong) decision therefore Warnock made a mistake.
Ban him from management for a year I say.

:agree:

Calling them cheats isn't right IMO. Why should the players and management take the brunt for the referee's bad decision. Gary Johnson after the game said the fourth official said it was disallowed for a push. Anything that annoys Warnock is OK in my book, even if it is an incredible injustice. Not shaking the hands of the players and management after the game sums the man up.