PDA

View Full Version : Benji's stolen passport

MacBean
16-08-2009, 01:05 PM
I just read Benji's comments in the news of the world and if says

'everyone does not know the story. Someone stole my passport in my car and it took 15-20 days to get a visa'

Glad he got his goal yesterday and was good to see his delight when he scored, but i'm not sure if this is just an excuse or not.

Anyone shed any light on this? Apologies if posted already

mentalhibee
16-08-2009, 01:07 PM
The full interview is on the official site. Says he's very happy to be back at hibs! Go on benji:thumbsup:

Sas_The_Hibby
16-08-2009, 01:18 PM
I understand his car was at the garage but he wasn't happy at all with the service he, as a big star, was getting and the bad luck befalling him. He felt he deserved to be with a much bigger garage and didn't see why he should have to bother to lock his car........................... :wink:

BTW, joking apart, I'm happy to see him back IF he puts in some effort. Enjoyed seeing him play yesterday, anyway.

Edinburgh Green
16-08-2009, 01:27 PM
Yip sounds like his usual lip service

--------
16-08-2009, 01:43 PM
Seems a reasonable interview.

His reactions when he scored and at the end of the game didn't look like lip-service to me. He seemed genuinely delighted. As did Hughes and the rest of the players.

hibbymac
16-08-2009, 01:54 PM

You reckon the fact he told Yogi he would score the winning goal and get us all 3 points was just "lip service"? :bitchy:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
16-08-2009, 02:51 PM
The passport is one thing, but what was the business with Al Ahly all about? :confused:

givescotlandfreedom
16-08-2009, 03:06 PM

Unfortunately I think you could be right, he still has a lot to prove IMO.

Jim44
16-08-2009, 03:16 PM
I've been as critical as the next person about Benjeloun's behaviour and attitude but I think we should cool it for a while. He seems to be happy to be back and, if he continues to get on to the pitch and score goals, that's fine by me. There's no doubt that he is an odd, mixed-up character who has found it difficult to cope with things in his life but let's give him the benefit of the doubt and allow him to integrate fully back into life at the club.

jgl07
16-08-2009, 03:39 PM
The passport is one thing, but what was the business with Al Ahly all about? :confused:
He was 'ambushed' by a local Ali G type japester who promised to get him a passport and visa if he filled in a form. He was photographed signing the form and the whole thing was put on the internet.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
16-08-2009, 04:02 PM
He was 'ambushed' by a local Ali G type japester who promised to get him a passport and visa if he filled in a form. He was photographed signing the form and the whole thing was put on the internet.

Where was this? in Egypt? :confused:

hibiedude
16-08-2009, 04:07 PM
I just read Benji's comments in the news of the world and if says

'everyone does not know the story. Someone stole my passport in my car and it took 15-20 days to get a visa'

Glad he got his goal yesterday and was good to see his delight when if scored, but i'm not sure if this is just an excuse or not.

Anyone shed any light on this? Apologies if posted already

He is back at Hibs so why do people need to know the full story.

--------
16-08-2009, 04:45 PM
I think we should appoint an official Committee of Loyalty Verification to make all the players and coaching staff sign Loyalty Oaths before they're allowed to do anything at the club.

"Benjelloun, you're going on for Nish. Sing two choruses of 'Sunshine on Leith' and sign this Loyalty Oath. Nish - don't leave the field until you've signed this copy of the Loyalty Oath."

Luna_Asylum
16-08-2009, 07:15 PM

sad post of the week award to you then

hibsbollah
16-08-2009, 07:27 PM

Baws.

paul_hfc3
16-08-2009, 07:36 PM
Mark my words. He will stab us in the back again.

Hes an arrogant **** who thinks hes better than he is. Good player but overrates himself to the extreme.

People are like meh meh meh hes a Hibs player good on him for saying he likes the club, so does EVERYONE who has had their arse out the window then realises im ****ed, hes hardly gonna go gtf Hibs when he has no other option.

Watch I bet you he ****s us over just like he has attempted. Score goals for us fine let him play, but I won't listen to his dribble and praise him. And btw no I did not boo or clap him yesterday I kept silent when he came on.

bingo70
16-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Mark my words. He will stab us in the back again.

Hes an arrogant **** who thinks hes better than he is. Good player but overrates himself to the extreme.

People are like meh meh meh hes a Hibs player good on him for saying he likes the club, so does EVERYONE who has had their arse out the window then realises im ****ed, hes hardly gonna go gtf Hibs when he has no other option.

Watch I bet you he ****s us over just like he has attempted. Score goals for us fine let him play, but I won't listen to his dribble and praise him. And btw no I did not boo or clap him yesterday I kept silent when he came on.

How has he ****ed us over?

He agreed with hibs last year that if he could find himself a new club he could move. He's certainly no angel and he could have handled the situation better but IMO your over reacting.

givescotlandfreedom
16-08-2009, 07:43 PM
Baws.

Wise words, please elaborate

givescotlandfreedom
16-08-2009, 07:44 PM
sad post of the week award to you then

I couldn't give a toss what you think, pee off back to kickback.

Luna_Asylum
16-08-2009, 07:49 PM
I couldn't give a toss what you think, pee off back to kickback.

i'm a hibby - i got painted pink (homophobe admin problem) slagging off hibbys like you. pee off to kickback if you want

givescotlandfreedom
16-08-2009, 07:52 PM
i'm a hibby - i got painted pink (homophobe admin problem) slagging off hibbys like you. pee off to kickback if you want

:jamboclow

hibsbollah
16-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Wise words, please elaborate

Double baws.

Luna_Asylum
16-08-2009, 07:57 PM
:jamboclow

I cheered benji on yesterday - if that makes me a clown in your eyes cool.

fwiw - you and your boo boy pals are a wee minority

Hibbyradge
16-08-2009, 07:58 PM
Double baws.

Behave!

givescotlandfreedom
16-08-2009, 08:08 PM
I cheered benji on yesterday - if that makes me a clown in your eyes cool.

fwiw - you and your boo boy pals are a wee minority

I never booed him. I said I'm cautious in believing every word he says when his effort and attitude in the past have been lacking at times.

Luna_Asylum
16-08-2009, 09:00 PM
I never booed him. I said I'm cautious in believing every word he says when his effort and attitude in the past have been lacking at times.

very wise - caution is the parent of safety

givescotlandfreedom
16-08-2009, 09:04 PM
very wise - caution is the parent of safety

Cheers for the advice

Baw187
16-08-2009, 09:07 PM

Admins - if this guy is a Hibby, why portray him as a Yam?? Don't know the background but if it is as simple as he posted a few things that other fellow hibs fans don't like then think that's pretty off.

rainman
17-08-2009, 01:18 AM
I think he'll be off when he gets the chance as well but if he's performing as he did when he joined the club, I don't see the problem. He'll be no worse than Ian Murray, or Derek Riordan.

GhostofBolivar
17-08-2009, 04:23 AM
I think we should appoint an official Committee of Loyalty Verification to make all the players and coaching staff sign Loyalty Oaths before they're allowed to do anything at the club.

"Benjelloun, you're going on for Nish. Sing two choruses of 'Sunshine on Leith' and sign this Loyalty Oath. Nish - don't leave the field until you've signed this copy of the Loyalty Oath."

Gimme eat.

Dashing Bob S
17-08-2009, 07:14 AM
Never thought Luna was a Yam and am surprised to see him pink, can we have him green again please?

Scooter
17-08-2009, 07:30 AM
I think he'll be off when he gets the chance as well but if he's performing as he did when he joined the club, I don't see the problem. He'll be no worse than Ian Murray, or Derek Riordan.

:top marks

deek can do all theses things and get arrested but thats ok???? Derek said when he joined from Celtic he was thankful for the second chance and was going screw the nut. I think hs been in more trouble since hes come back

MyJo
17-08-2009, 08:21 AM
Benji's stinking attitude was always the issue IMO and if he is back at easter road and willing to get his head down then there shouldn't be a problem. Hibs told him to find himself a new club and punted him out on loan on Mixu's say-so so the whole al ahly episode was as much the fault of hibs as it was Benji so its unfair to try and slaughter him for it.

I trust in Yogi to do what is best for the team and I very much doubt he will be putting up with any s**t from any player so if he is happy to play Benji then I'm happy to support him

heretoday
17-08-2009, 08:50 AM
Benji needs to do his talking on the pitch. His goal was a great start.

I fear his credibility off the pitch still needs some work and he should keep his mouth shut for a while.

sadtom
17-08-2009, 08:56 AM
If Yogi trusts him enough to play him and he works hard when he is playing for us them i'm happy enough for him to be given another chance despite being extremely sceptical.
IIRC did he not claim to have lost his passport 3-4 days before being pictured signing in Egypt. He claims in the interiew that he lost his passport THEN a chance came to go to another club. I assume he must have been in Morocco or possibly Belgium when the passport went awol, so how did he get into Egypt without a passport?

bingo70
17-08-2009, 09:06 AM
Football player in talking pish shocker, whatever next? :greengrin

Seriously though, they all do it, how often do you see them kissing the badge or talking about how happy they are then the next minute they're handing in a transfer request or how they love the club then leave at the first opportunity to earn an extra few quid.

TBF they're in a no win situation, they say what the fans want to hear and they're accused of lying or they're honest and they're accused of being disrespectful.

I'm sure Benji would be up for a move else where if the chance came up but can you imagine the grief he'd get if he admitted that now.

Luna_Asylum
17-08-2009, 09:07 AM
If Yogi trusts him enough to play him and he works hard when he is playing for us them i'm happy enough for him to be given another chance despite being extremely sceptical.
IIRC did he not claim to have lost his passport 3-4 days before being pictured signing in Egypt. He claims in the interiew that he lost his passport THEN a chance came to go to another club. I assume he must have been in Morocco or possibly Belgium when the passport went awol, so how did he get into Egypt without a passport?

what he said in the interview was that the delay was in getting a UK visa for the new passport - if I understood correctly

Spike Mandela
17-08-2009, 09:10 AM
We need someone to nick his passport just before Christmas to stop him doing a runner again if you ask me.

Luna_Asylum
17-08-2009, 10:59 AM
Never thought Luna was a Yam and am surprised to see him pink, can we have him green again please?

It is indeed frightfully decent of a chap to try and help and I thank both you and baw.

Character references from such esteemed netters will I have little doubt help my colour

Baw187
17-08-2009, 12:34 PM
It is indeed frightfully decent of a chap to try and help and I thank both you and baw.

Character references from such esteemed netters will I have little doubt help my colour

I think it's outrageous to lable a Hibby a Yam - especially for simply having a different point of view to others on this board. I'd rather they changed my user name to Fred West than turn me pink and call me a Yam.

Crazyhorse
17-08-2009, 12:39 PM
what he said in the interview was that the delay was in getting a UK visa for the new passport - if I understood correctly

If the story is true then Luna is probably right that the issue is the UK visa.

A Moroccan wouldn't need a visa to go to Egypt.

Benji's UK visa may have run out while he was in Belguim for a year.

Hi EU visa does not entitle him to enter the UK (Zemama had a similar problem going to R o I)

Applying for a UK visa would possibly take a couple of weeks even if he presented himself in person at the British embassy in Morroco.

Anyway I just hope he screws the nut and plays like the player he was in the League cup final.