PDA

View Full Version : Reserve League

Cocaine&Caviar
16-08-2009, 10:55 AM
Ive looked about on the net, and cant find any information on the reserve league and its start date or fixtures. Does anyone have any info?

Im up to Embra in a few weeks full time and in addition to my season ticket, would like to see the likes of Byrne, Welsh and Booth that i have heard so much about...

cabbageandribs1875
16-08-2009, 11:27 AM
no idea about the fixtures, but hoping they will still be playing there home games at livingston :agree:

The_Horde
16-08-2009, 11:29 AM
no idea about the fixtures, but hoping they will still be playing there home games at livingston :agree:

I doubt that going by the email i got from Livilions yesterday.

A pitch inspection is due today (15 August) at 12pm and volunteers are required to help clear the playing surface.

If you can make it, please pop to Almondvale at 12pm today with your own pitchfork and do your bit for the club.

Thanks.

cabbageandribs1875
16-08-2009, 11:31 AM
I doubt that going by the email i got from Livilions yesterday.

A pitch inspection is due today (15 August) at 12pm and volunteers are required to help clear the playing surface.

If you can make it, please pop to Almondvale at 12pm today with your own pitchfork and do your bit for the club.

Thanks.

we are talking about the hibs reserve games :agree:

Cocaine&Caviar
16-08-2009, 11:37 AM
What alternative venues would be suitable?

East Mains? Dunfermline?

CyberSauzee
16-08-2009, 01:35 PM
This is from the official SPL site:

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s2&newsid=8000&back=home

Published : Friday, July 17, 2009
Changes to Reserve League
It was decided at the SPL AGM on Thursday that participation in the SPL Reserve League for season 2009/10 would be optional.

An SPL spokesman said: "We are currently in discussions with the clubs about who will be entering a team for the coming season and a fixture list will follow in due course."

Celtic are the current holders of the SPL Reserve League, which was previously the U21 League.

So, no fixtures yet because we don't even no the teams....

Cocaine&Caviar
16-08-2009, 02:35 PM
Thanks a lot for clearing that up

oconnors_strip
16-08-2009, 02:45 PM
as someone said above about being optional it had delayed things severely. the spl still do not have 12 teams to compete in the reserve league:bitchy:

as for venue, there was talks about having the games at east mains and building a temporary stand. i would have tried to get the new spartans ground.

i am planning to email the spl this week regarding a few things so will keep you posted.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
16-08-2009, 02:58 PM
What alternative venues would be suitable?

East Mains? Dunfermline?

Could use Meadowbank again

Bishop Hibee
16-08-2009, 03:20 PM
Could use Meadowbank again

If the pitch is up to scratch, I would have thought this would be ideal.