PDA

View Full Version : Wotherspoon

Littlest Hobo
16-08-2009, 09:55 AM
First time I've seen the boy and was well impressed. I'm no gonne get carried away but I reckon he could be a wee gem for us??:thumbsup:

Golden Bear
16-08-2009, 10:06 AM
First time I've seen the boy and was well impressed. I'm no gonne get carried away but I reckon he could be a wee gem for us??:thumbsup:

:agree:

A very impressive performance from the young lad. He looked both eager and confident and has an abundance of skills and a good football brain.

maturehibby
16-08-2009, 10:10 AM
last 20 mins was a constant thorn in St Mirrens side charging up the right side time after time - impressive for one so young well done young man keep it up and you never know the smellies from the west will soon be on the doorstep unsettling you and wanting you to sign up for them

blackpoolhibs
16-08-2009, 10:32 AM
A very good debut, capped with a fine goal. Well done.:thumbsup:

horseman
16-08-2009, 10:35 AM
excellent debut for the youngster and an excellent goal ....

hope we see a lot more of the same over the coming season :thumbsup:

Ritchie
16-08-2009, 10:39 AM
:top marks

he'll be the next £3m+ player to leave ER. :cool2:

PiemanP
16-08-2009, 11:06 AM
anyone know if he's a hibby? :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-08-2009, 11:14 AM
i thought that his crossing was outstanding, something that we have not been too great at recently. no matter who he is keeping out, if he can perform to that level week in week out, then he deserves the shirt.:agree:

aljo7-0
16-08-2009, 11:24 AM
i thought that his crossing was outstanding, something that we have not been too great at recently. no matter who he is keeping out, if he can perform to that level week in week out, then he deserves the shirt.:agree:

:agree: there was one cross in the first half that was absolutely superb and had me out my seat expecting a goal - don't remember that happening many times last year.

Cocaine&Caviar
16-08-2009, 11:39 AM
I tihnk out of all the U19s coming up, Wotherspoon will have the greatest oppurtunities to impress for the first team due to us really lacking a right sided player. Really looking forward to see his progress.

Borders Hibby
16-08-2009, 11:50 AM
last 20 mins was a constant thorn in St Mirrens side charging up the right side time after time - impressive for one so young well done young man keep it up and you never know the smellies from the west will soon be on the doorstep unsettling you and wanting you to sign up for them

Thought he looked better at right back bombing forward with the ball at his feet.

Dunkin' Donut
16-08-2009, 11:50 AM
very impressive debut, looked comfortable on the ball and took his goal well. the down side is though he will probably be the the one making way when zemamma comes back.

Borders Hibby
16-08-2009, 11:53 AM
very impressive debut, looked comfortable on the ball and took his goal well. the down side is though he will probably be the the one making way when zemamma comes back.

Could play behind Zemmama!:agree:

PC Stamp
16-08-2009, 11:55 AM

In Celtic's case it would be a wee bit embarassing being as that's where he came from to join Hibs! :greengrin

Cocaine&Caviar
16-08-2009, 11:58 AM
Hes can also play in the middle, and it has been said that he naturally plays on the left...

basehibby
16-08-2009, 12:21 PM
An excellent scoring debut from Wotherspoon - he made very few errors, was confident on the ball and didn't look at all out of place in the first team. I thought MOM was stretching it a bit but he can be proud of his efforts - more of the same please David :thumbsup:

sahib
16-08-2009, 12:29 PM
An excellent scoring debut from Wotherspoon - he made very few errors, was confident on the ball and didn't look at all out of place in the first team. I thought MOM was stretching it a bit but he can be proud of his efforts - more of the same please David :thumbsup:

Wotherspoon's league debut was about the best one I can remember. Talking about young players breaking through as opposed to experienced signings. I am fairly certain I saw Stein, Marinello, Collins and Weir have their home debuts.

Tyler Durden
16-08-2009, 12:39 PM

I don't see why and I can't imagine Yogi will drop him after that performance. On the evidence of yesterday, I'd drop Rankin and move Wotherspoon back into the centre.

We don't want to put too much pressure on the boy, but his performance yesterday was outstanding and he seems to take everything in his stride. Keep it up!

magnificent_seven
16-08-2009, 01:05 PM
anyone know if he's a hibby? :greengrin

St. Johnstone fan :wink:

JimBHibees
16-08-2009, 01:07 PM
I don't see why and I can't imagine Yogi will drop him after that performance. On the evidence of yesterday, I'd drop Rankin and move Wotherspoon back into the centre.

We don't want to put too much pressure on the boy, but his performance yesterday was outstanding and he seems to take everything in his stride. Keep it up!

I think you would get more out of Zemmama in the middle and keep Wotherspoon out wide.

--------
16-08-2009, 02:06 PM
I think you would get more out of Zemmama in the middle and keep Wotherspoon out wide.

oconnors_strip
16-08-2009, 02:55 PM
In Celtic's case it would be a wee bit embarassing being as that's where he came from to join Hibs! :greengrin

exactly what i was thinking:faf:

think david wouldnt want to go back the way in his career. english premiership maybe:wink: if we can sell a one footed player for £3m then i couldnt think of a figure for a two footed player:greengrin

but please note im trying to sell the boy already, far from it! id rather he stayed at hibs til he was 30

Cocaine&Caviar
16-08-2009, 05:06 PM

:top marks

________McBride___Cregg

Wotherspoon_Zemmama___Riordan

_____________Nish

PISTOL1875
16-08-2009, 05:09 PM
We have yet another £1million player....... He is going to go far in the game....

fife hfc
16-08-2009, 06:38 PM
We shouldn't expect too much too soon. Excellent yesterday, but he should not play every week as he would suffer burn out. can certainly see why Collins and george Burley rate him highly.

MacBean
16-08-2009, 09:43 PM

A very impressive performance from the young lad. He looked both eager and confident and has an abundance of skills and a good football brain.

couldn't have put it better myself!:thumbsup:

aberhibsfc
17-08-2009, 03:34 PM
Good composed performance, looking forward to seeing him, Galbraith and the other youngsters flourish. Just hope we have these guys on good deals. I would like to see the trend bucked for a while with us building a formidable unit only selling when necessary.

I'd like to see us move on some players eg Keenan freeing up space for a better calibre of player to compliment our good players and the youngsters.

NAE NOOKIE
17-08-2009, 04:12 PM
Thought the lad looked the part in pre season too. Didnt panic and got about the pitch really well. Great to see him score on saturday.

A super performance but MOM was a bit OTT though.

I though Cregg was superb in that he fought for every ball for 90 mins and more often than not tried to play a sensible pass.

Cocaine&Caviar
17-08-2009, 04:14 PM
I'd like to see us move on some players eg Keenan freeing up space for a better calibre of player to compliment our good players and the youngsters.

Id agree with this, and about Keenan, but credit has to be given to Rod and to some extent Hughes for how much of this has already been done over the summer; Rosa, Szamo, Cropley, Campbell, Gray, Chisolm, AOB, and im sure a couple of others that i cant remember...