PDA

View Full Version : Eddie May at Falkirk

Dashing Bob S
16-08-2009, 09:38 AM
As someone who likes both Eddie May and Falkirk (one of my best friends is a Falkirk ST holder and we always go to Hibs-Falkirk games together rather than with our usual sets of chums), I'm concerned that it might be a rough ride for both him and the club.

His gaffe about Arfield signing for a 'decent club' was preceded by him saying that Falkirk might put the passing game on the back-burner in order to achieve better results at places like Ibrox. "It's no good being the best footballing team in the League if you're a losing team." He seemed to be digging at Yogi and intimating that there would be no chance of his Falkirk battling for relegation.

My pal texted me at Ibrox and wasn't impressed, particularly, I think because Falkirk were so much better than Rangers in the cup final.

So the game next week has added spice and intrigue and is clearly a big one for both clubs.

I'd urge Hibby's to forget about ferreting around for ESPN bars and get down the road for this one.

Ceske Bairn
16-08-2009, 09:54 AM
He has the backing of every single Bairn I know so your mate seems to be in a minority. (Not dissing his opinion though).

Re yesterday, we created around 10-12 chances, which is the most ive seen us attack the Old Firm in our 5 years since our return to the SPL.

Hes moved on a lot of older players and got in young hungry ones. Im quite happy and wasnt down hearted after yesterday.

maturehibby
16-08-2009, 10:14 AM
He is still a wee bit niave in his dealing with the press and will soon learn to keep his mouth shut when they are in the vicinity as we know how they twist everything round to suit the old and twisted firm

Brooster
16-08-2009, 10:17 AM
May is coming across as a bit of a knob if I'm being honest.

Danderhall Hibs
16-08-2009, 10:39 AM
May is coming across as a bit of a knob if I'm being honest.

:agree: He seems to be having snidey digs at everyone from Yogi to Hamilton.

Anyone that sticks his captain (and best player?) from his international position of centre-half to right-back just 'cos he was good there when he was 16 appears from the outside to be out of his depth.

Ceske Bairn
16-08-2009, 10:48 AM
:agree: He seems to be having snidey digs at everyone from Yogi to Hamilton.

Anyone that sticks his captain (and best player?) from his international position of centre-half to right-back just 'cos he was good there when he was 16 appears from the outside to be out of his depth.

Not quite his reason for moving Darren.

Eddie, quite rightly, said Darren would never get his move down south as a centre half with him being fairly small, which is true.

He has moved him to his natural position of right back.

You have to remember that it was only due to injuries at the time that Yogi moved Barr to CH in the first place from RB.