PDA

View Full Version : Credit to St Mirren

Nailrod
15-08-2009, 11:29 PM
One-all, down to ten men away from home, and yet there was no time-wasting. First time I can remember that happening in any such circumstances, and it helped to make it a really enjoyable match

jgl07
15-08-2009, 11:34 PM
My only gripe with them is the constant moaning about every decision from players, management, and supporters alike.

Ferryhibby
15-08-2009, 11:48 PM
I mustv been looking at a different side their keeper took ages at goal kicks they never hurried at throw ins or the huge amount of free kicks until they went 2-1 down then they were running about like they had been snorting red bull

The_Horde
16-08-2009, 02:22 AM
Credit to the saints for.

A. Being pish.

B. Playing for a draw.

Hamish
16-08-2009, 06:12 AM
My only gripe with them is the constant moaning about every decision from players, management, and supporters alike.

:agree:

Hope Jack Ross and the rest who were losing the place at the sending off have now seen the highlights.

The Saints support was akin to Falkirk and Dunfermline who I seem to remember moan at every decision.

I actually thought the ref had a decent game

Hibby 2005
16-08-2009, 08:22 AM
Predictably they changed their game plan quite dramatically after Benji scored.

blackpoolhibs
16-08-2009, 08:37 AM
Predictably they changed their game plan quite dramatically after Benji scored.

:agree: I saw them kicking the ball away in the 1st half, when it was still 0-0. Yet we score our 2nd, and its all hands to the pumps. Sod them. They deserved to be down to 10 men, and we deserved to win.:thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
16-08-2009, 08:51 AM
I was impressed with St Mirren for the reasons stated above. They are clearly a limited side skillwise -I can't recall them having any time on the ball- but they are big, strong and aggressive. They also showed the pansy's of the Scottish National Team how to play a game when you go ten men down; work hard, get men behind the ball, put tackles in and come forward in numbers for set-pieces and counters. Losing a man didn't seem to make them less effective.

Can't see any relegation issues if they play that way. It's sub-Yam soccer and it ain't pretty, but (sadly) they will roll over the St Johnstones, Falkirks, Hamiltons etc on strength alone.

We would have taken one or zero points from that game under Mixu. Credit to Yogi for sticking to the passing game (that tired them out and it showed in the last 20 mins) and changing things with the subs.

jabis
16-08-2009, 09:16 AM
fair play to the saints fans for giving the 13's a good round of applause as they passed with the cup at H/T.

ronaldo7
16-08-2009, 09:24 AM
They will give some sides in the Spl a good game, and take more points than last season imo.

They are more athletic and physical than other sides in the League, and if they can get Dorman scoring some from midfield they'll be ok.

As for the time wasting... most teams in the league would have done the same given the circumstances.

3 points in the bag for the cabbage is what it's all about:thumbsup:

maturehibby
16-08-2009, 10:17 AM
As early as the 60 th minute Gallacher was rounded on by a Hibs fan for time wasting at a free kick and gave a laugh as he had been sussed that soon

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-08-2009, 11:36 AM
Saints would have taken a draw at the start of the game. I thought that they played well. Still think that we would have won even if they did not have a sending off. Their players hounding the ref is not something I like to see at any level of football. I think that Gus McP will be glad that he held his tongue post-match rather than comment on the sending off as he would have looked a bit of a chump this morning. Other managers should follow that example.

Albanian Hibs
16-08-2009, 02:35 PM
They time wasted from the start and got what they deserved..**** all :agree:

BenjiOscar
16-08-2009, 02:47 PM
Saw Mair deliberaty kick the ball away down the touchline when they were awarded throw-ins early in the second half. Gallacher was also holding onto the ball for a long time (certainly appeared longer than 6 seconds) quite regularly before kicking it up the park.

Easy to understand why they were doing it and it makes it even sweeter when the winning goal comes quite late on.

Dalkeith Hibee
16-08-2009, 03:54 PM
It would have been a total injustice if they came away with anything from that game. As soon as they scored they shut up shop, timewasted and tried everything they could to stop our momentum.

Only one team in it yesterday and only one team deserved anything out the game.

Can't stand MacPherson and St. Mirren. Two big huddies up front and their game is centred around getting it to them as quickly as possible. Can't believe the lad Dorman is playing for that pi$h.

mim
16-08-2009, 04:18 PM
One-all, down to ten men away from home, and yet there was no time-wasting. First time I can remember that happening in any such circumstances, and it helped to make it a really enjoyable match

How about Killie last season? Down to 10 men and pegged backed to 2-2 after leading 2-0. They went on to win 4-2 and had no great reason to waste time. :boo hoo:

blackpoolhibs
16-08-2009, 04:22 PM
It would have been a total injustice if they came away with anything from that game. As soon as they scored they shut up shop, timewasted and tried everything they could to stop our momentum.

Only one team in it yesterday and only one team deserved anything out the game.

Can't stand MacPherson and St. Mirren. Two big huddies up front and their game is centred around getting it to them as quickly as possible. Can't believe the lad Dorman is playing for that pi$h.

I'd have that Mehmet huddy before our Nish huddy every day of the week.

James70
16-08-2009, 05:51 PM
Thought they played to their strengths and were well organised, we will play better teams at ER this season but we will also play much worse teams. It still took a defensive nightmare by our defence to give them their goal, Maka didn't have a lot to do otherwise.

jabis
16-08-2009, 08:53 PM

Only so's you could hurl more abuse at someone :grr:

mind you,as a defender he could do ok,on 2 occasions, remeber him..

1. Heading out (WTF)to clear one of OUR corners.
2.using his Face,to deflect a sure goal !

GET YER ACT TOGETHER BIG MAN :grr:

tho' as long as he wears the colours,I'll salute him !

GlesgaeHibby
16-08-2009, 08:56 PM

:agree:

Hibs Class
16-08-2009, 09:32 PM
Saw Mair deliberaty kick the ball away down the touchline when they were awarded throw-ins early in the second half. Gallacher was also holding onto the ball for a long time (certainly appeared longer than 6 seconds) quite regularly before kicking it up the park.

Easy to understand why they were doing it and it makes it even sweeter when the winning goal comes quite late on.

I saw Mair do that too, and at the time thought it was no different to what Nish got booked for. They were timewasting pretty much from the 15th minute onwards.