PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings Vs St Mirren

Wotherspiniesta
15-08-2009, 06:46 PM
Makalambay- 5 Partly at fault for their goal.Pretty much a spectator the whole 2nd half.

McCann- 6 Was the outlet all game after the sending off, but he didn't do much with it barring a couple of decent crosses. Tired in the 2nd half.

Hogg- 6 Would have been a 7 were it not for the dreadful pass to Maka. Solid apart from that and drove the team forward.

Bamba- 8 Brillaint from Bamba. IMO he could make CB his own. Great tackle at the end aswell.

Hanlon- 6 Most of the play went down the right, but he did OK. Tried to get forward aswell.

McBride- 8 Sprayed some great angled passes around. Great shot in the 2nd half aswell. Impressive competitive dbeut.

Cregg- 7 Just the sort of grafter we've been lacking in recent years.Never shirks a challenge.Faded in the 2nd half or would have been a higher rating.

Rankin- 5 I'm not sure about Rankin. I think he hid most of the game and only realised he was playing til about the 70th minute.

Wotherspoon- 9 Great debut from the lad, not scared to take his man on and an excellent array of passing and crosses. Took his goal well also. MOM.

Riordan- 6 Not his best game, looked a bit out of sorts for the majority.

Nish- 4 For me, not good enough. Too many times he failed to hold the ball up. Niggly fouls conceded and a daft booking to boot.

Benji- 6 Great to see him back, and scoring! Looked up for it when he came on and stooped to head well. (even signed an autograph for a young laddie during his warm up).

Galbraith- 5 Not a natural LB, But did OK. Set up Benji for the winner.

Scotthibs1875
15-08-2009, 06:52 PM
i thought Cregg was great today. Thought he deserved man of the match. Didn't put a foot wrong:greengrin

Jones28
15-08-2009, 06:57 PM
Maka - 5 - Terrible mistake for the Saints goal, not much to do.

McCann - 8 - Excellent today IMHO. Good runs forward, better distribution, looks far stronger phsically too.

Hogg - 6 - Ok today. Kept climbing towards the end, could have given a penalty away, terrible passback to Maka.

Bamba - 8 - Class performance, excellent tackles, good runs through the middle. Presence in the box for corners.

Hanlon - 7 - Same as McCann except didnt offer as much going forward in the way of crosses etc

Rankin - 6 -Not the best in that mid-field for sure, had a couple of terrific shots but seemed to give the ball away a lot.

Mcbride - 10 - My MOTM, did not put a foot wrong, best passer of the ball today, very accurate.

Cregg - 9 - Very good performance. Good passing and tackling in the mid-field area.

Wotherspoon (Spooney:greengrin) - 9 - Fine finish for his goal, lost a fantastic prospect for Hibs :agree:

Riordan - 8 - Played well, seemed to latch on to everything that got anywhere near the attacking third

Nish - 7 - Caught offside a lot. Seemed to be injured in every challenge he was involved in :confused:

Subs:

Benji - 9 - The script was written for Benji tonight, winning goal on his return and silencing those who booed him on :agree:

Galbraith - 7 - Set up Benji for his goal, looks another excellent prospect for Hibs :agree:

Refferee:

6 - Defo a red card but seemed to try and help Saints as much as possible afterwards.

Jones28
15-08-2009, 06:59 PM
http://www.hibs.net/message/customavatars/avatar11848_2.gif (http://www.hibs.net/message/member.php?u=11848)

Killer Darts: N/A

Player ratings
Maka - 5 - Terrible mistake for the Saints goal, not much to do.

McCann - 8 - Excellent today IMHO. Good runs forward, better distribution, looks far stronger phsically too.

Hogg - 6 - Ok today. Kept climbing towards the end, could have given a penalty away, terrible passback to Maka.

Bamba - 8 - Class performance, excellent tackles, good runs through the middle. Presence in the box for corners.

Hanlon - 7 - Same as McCann except didnt offer as much going forward in the way of crosses etc

Rankin - 6 -Not the best in that mid-field for sure, had a couple of terrific shots but seemed to give the ball away a lot.

Mcbride - 10 - My MOTM, did not put a foot wrong, best passer of the ball today, very accurate.

Cregg - 9 - Very good performance. Good passing and tackling in the mid-field area.

Wotherspoon (Spooney:greengrin) - 9 - Fine finish for his goal, lost a fantastic prospect for Hibs :agree:

Riordan - 8 - Played well, seemed to latch on to everything that got anywhere near the attacking third

Nish - 7 - Caught offside a lot. Seemed to be injured in every challenge he was involved in :confused:

Subs:

Benji - 9 - The script was written for Benji tonight, winning goal on his return and silencing those who booed him on :agree:

Galbraith - 7 - Set up Benji for his goal, looks another excellent prospect for Hibs :agree:

Refferee:

6 - Defo a red card but seemed to try and help Saints as much as possible afterwards.
http://www.hibs.net/message/images/misc/progress.gif

Judas Iscariot
15-08-2009, 07:01 PM
Maka - 4 - Dodgy, dodgy, dodgy...

McCann - 6 - Good to see him back, will get better as season progresses...

Bamba - 8 - Won everything, big, strong and quick! Get a CH to partner him!

Hogg - 4 - At fault for goal, beat in air loads, poor distribution, woeful wanders forward

Hanlon - 7 - Was in acres 1st half, some good crosses, got forward well

McBride - 8 - Always available, kept it simple, good switches of play

Cregg - 9 - MOTM, superb, never put a foot wrong, wanting to drive the team on and LOVES a tackle!!

Rankin - 5 - Offers little, gets caught in possesion too much, one dimensional

Wotherspoon - 8 - What a prospect, comfy on ball, grew in confidence as game progressed!!

Nish - 4 - Dear god! Fell over, got in the road, caught offside constantly! Bad day Colin!

Riordan - 6 - Never got the service he thrives on, good delivery from corners, few close calls

SUBS

Galbraith - 6 - He's quick, tucked in well, use of ball good!

Benji - 7 - Looked interested!! Still got the great touch and awareness! If he can keep it up he'll score plenty!

MANAGER

Yogi - 9 - The ball stayed on the deck throughout, patient and measured build up, refused to hoof it, brave but inspired subs!! Brilliant!!

Hibs90
15-08-2009, 07:06 PM
Makalambay- 6
McCann- 6
Hogg- 5
Bamba- 8
Hanlon- 6
McBride- 7
Cregg- 8
Rankin- 4
Wotherspoon- 8
Riordan- 5
Nish- 5
Benji- 6
Galbraith- 5

zlatan
15-08-2009, 07:08 PM
Maka - obviously to blame for aspects of the goal, but just as much blame should lie with Hanlon, doubt the haters will remember that part though, I expect Stack to start next week but I just can't stay mad with him, his performance at the South Stand at the end was a class act. 5

McCann - RUN FORREST RUN! No seriously, try ****ing running with the ball and not touching and passing it away, very frustrating 5

Hogg - Put himself about well, played a captains role well trying to drive the team forward and handled himself no problems against the two giant morons playing up front for St Mirren 7

Bamba - MotM without doubt and a genuine class act, calm and composed on the ball and absolutely solid as a rock. Sol I want your well endowed babies 9

Hanlon - Meh, at fault for goal along with Maka, didn't do enough going forward 5

McBride - Barely noticed him bar his screamer that forced a good save, is that a good thing? 6

Cregg - I can see why you're so popular with opposition fans now, fine job 7

Wotherspoon - got the goal and looked decent in midfield, looked a star in the making when moved out wide after Benji came on, congrats young man 8

Rankin - I like Rankin, a serious grafter with a good dig, gave McCann the help he really needed out wide at times. Is it wrong I expected more from his long range efforts? 7

Riordan - Just never fell for him at all, always looking to get involved though 6

Nish - Done his job well I thought, won alot of headers, much more than Mehmet and Higdon did at the other end anyway, came close a few times and missed an absolute sitter, at least from where I was sitting * 7

Benji - take me Benji, I'm yours. If he's still here come window closing time he's gonna be a new man this season 7

* edit to add - stop being such a big pussy though, the face holding was pathetic.

RoxburghHibs
15-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Player Ratings Vs St Mirren
Makalambay- 6 Did well but was at fault for their goal

McCann- 6 Decent game & always willing to get forward

Hogg- 6 Solid throughout but at fault at the goal

Bamba- 8 My MOM

Hanlon- 6 Another solid performance and always tried to get forward,

McBride- 7 Good debut and used the ball well

Cregg- 7 Like McBride looks a good signing

Rankin- 6 Gave his all but some wayward passing

Wotherspoon- 8 What a debut looks a cracking player at only 18

Riordan- 7 loads of effort & a few cracking efforts just lacked a wee break

Nish- 5 Did the ugly work but not at his best today

Benji- 7 Great to see him back and what a goal....BENJI BENJI !!

Galbraith- 6 I like this lad and think he will be a regular in the years to come

crash
15-08-2009, 07:16 PM
Makalambay- 4
McCann- 6
Hogg- 4
Bamba- 8
Hanlon- 6
McBride- 7
Cregg- 7
Rankin- 6
Wotherspoon- 7
Riordan- 6
Nish- 2
Benji- 6
Galbraith- 5

Ell_Chrisso
15-08-2009, 07:16 PM
Makalambay- 5 Partly at fault for their goal.Pretty much a spectator the whole 2nd half.

McCann- 6 Was the outlet all game after the sending off, but he didn't do much with it barring a couple of decent crosses. Tired in the 2nd half.

Hogg- 6 Would have been a 7 were it not for the dreadful pass to Maka. Solid apart from that and drove the team forward.

Bamba- 8 Brillaint from Bamba. IMO he could make CB his own. Great tackle at the end aswell.

Hanlon- 6 Most of the play went down the right, but he did OK. Tried to get forward aswell.

McBride- 8 Sprayed some great angled passes around. Great shot in the 2nd half aswell. Impressive competitive dbeut.

Cregg- 7 Just the sort of grafter we've been lacking in recent years.Never shirks a challenge.Faded in the 2nd half or would have been a higher rating.

Rankin- 5 I'm not sure about Rankin. I think he hid most of the game and only realised he was playing til about the 70th minute.

Wotherspoon- 9 Great debut from the lad, not scared to take his man on and an excellent array of passing and crosses. Took his goal well also. MOM.

Riordan- 6 Not his best game, looked a bit out of sorts for the majority.

Nish- 4 For me, not good enough. Too many times he failed to hold the ball up. Niggly fouls conceded and a daft booking to boot.

Benji- 6 Great to see him back, and scoring! Looked up for it when he came on and stooped to head well. (even signed an autograph for a young laddie during his warm up).

Galbraith- 5 Not a natural LB, But did OK. Set up Benji for the winner.

disagree completely tbh.

i thought nish faded a little bit in the 2nd half, but his first half performance was fine from where i was sitting.
he won alot more headers, and flick ons than iv seen from him before, and also caused there 2 centre halfs alot of problems.

i think a 4 is very harsh.

fife hfc
15-08-2009, 07:32 PM
Makalambay 5 partly to blame for goal as he should have launched it into the stand than passing to a marked man (Hogg's pass was woeful). Nothing else to do.

McCann 6 still early in his return but done okay but needs more conviction in the opposition half

Hanlon 6 looked to get forward at every opportunity and good shot. Culpable at goal as should have booted the ball out after receiving a suicidal pass from Maka.

Hogg 5 poor game imho. poor positioning and distribution. Needs to keep his passing simple.

Bamba 9 simply immense

Mcbride 8 protects the back four superbly and links play well. he looks promising.

Cregg 8 all action and some great tackles and drove forward well with ball

wotherspoon 8 deserved his mom award as he looks a quality player. Well taken goal to round off a great debut.

Rankin 5 worked hard but very poor. When Zemmama returns he should drop out.

Nish 6 does some great things followed by absolute garbage. very unlucky not to score with his header (good reactions).

Riordan 5 very disappointing performance and can do alot better.

Benji 7 :thumbsup: as long as he shows the same desire then I'm glad he's back. We all make mistakes and hopefully Yogi will get the best out of him.

Galbraith 6 had an impact from the bench so well done. Hope he is used further forward in games from now on:greengrin

Anto the Hibernian
15-08-2009, 07:36 PM
Maka - obviously to blame for aspects of the goal, but just as much blame should lie with Hanlon, doubt the haters will remember that part though, I expect Stack to start next week but I just can't stay mad with him, his performance at the South Stand at the end was a class act. 5

McCann - RUN FORREST RUN! No seriously, try ****ing running with the ball and not touching and passing it away, very frustrating 5

Hogg - Put himself about well, played a captains role well trying to drive the team forward and handled himself no problems against the two giant morons playing up front for St Mirren 7

Bamba - MotM without doubt and a genuine class act, calm and composed on the ball and absolutely solid as a rock. Sol I want your well endowed babies 9

Hanlon - Meh, at fault for goal along with Maka, didn't do enough going forward 5

McBride - Barely noticed him bar his screamer that forced a good save, is that a good thing? 6

Wotherspoon - got the goal and looked decent in midfield, looked a star in the making when moved out wide after Benji came on, congrats young man 8

Rankin - I like Rankin, a serious grafter with a good dig, gave McCann the help he really needed out wide at times. Is it wrong I expected more from his long range efforts? 7

Riordan - Just never fell for him at all, always looking to get involved though 6

Nish - Done his job well I thought, won alot of headers, much more than Mehmet and Higdon did at the other end anyway, came close a few times and missed an absolute sitter, at least from where I was sitting * 7

Benji - take me Benji, I'm yours. If he's still here come window closing time he's gonna be a new man this season 7

* edit to add - stop being such a big pussy though, the face holding was pathetic.

To answer your questions - yes its a good thing.

How you never noticed him is another question :confused:

sahib
15-08-2009, 07:38 PM

McBride - [[B]Barely noticed him bar his screamer that forced a good save, is that a good thing? [B]

How could you not notice McBride? Crivens! Well for your information he was very good very much involved.

Ell_Chrisso
15-08-2009, 07:41 PM
Makalamby 5 - Does any one else feel this keeper just gets bored? i mean, the lack of concentration is what makes him make game changing mistakes. luckily for him, hibs responded very quickly. i like him, i want him to do well. but 1st game, mistake made. shouldnt happen.

McCann 6 - done well, after long time out of the first team through injury. passed the ball around well enough, but for me is not vocal enough. should have been screaming for the ball alot more down the right flank, and taking players on more..

Hogg 7 - Mr Consistent. Won headers, passed it well, tackled well. well done captain!

Bamba 9 - Outstanding from start to finish. won every header from what i can remember. and just bossed higdon and memet. shame his mazey didnt end up with a top corner screamer!

Hanlon 6 - see McCANN...

McBride 8 - very neat and tidy performance. sort of player that wont make the headlines, as he does the un noticed work. but sprayed the ball about fantastic, wether it was 5 yards or 40. works hard, and breaks up the play well.

Cregg 8 - Terrier like. works very hard of the ball, and not scared of a challenge. passes very well, and has great movement. just lacks a bit of height!

Rankin 6 - In and out performance from rankin. not in the game enough, but did have 2 rasping shots. would have defo started Zemmama instead if had been fit.

Riordan 6 - very quiet today. not enough buzz, and too much moaning at times. needs to appreciate other players want too shoot too. needs to work on his sprinting i reckon, has lost a little pace

Wotherspoon 8 - Was impressed with this lad today. likes to get on the ball, and pass it around. took the full back on which is wat u want from ur winger, and finished goal v well. 1 for the future.

Nish 7 - 1st half played very well. didnt foul, won alot of headers. linked with riordan more than he did in 2nd half. think he got abit tired 2nd half, after working hard in 1st.

Benji 7 - Seems to be the kind of striker that wont burst his guts to get the ball, but always seems to pop up in the right places in the box. could have scored a hatrick, but took the important one very well. good to see him back, and hopefully the hibs shirt kissing and heart pumping at end means his head is on it, for his 2nd chance.

Galbraith 5 - Not a left back, so did ok to fill in, with the little pressure we had for final mins.

zlatan
15-08-2009, 07:46 PM
To answer your questions - yes its a good thing.

How you never noticed him is another question :confused:

I'ld imagine given the whole 'unseen work' joke that runs on here would indicate it was a bad thing but based on your comments and...

How could you not notice McBride? Crivens! Well for your information he was very good very much involved.

that one I'm happy to admit if I'm wrong, perhaps Cregg and Wotherspoons performances overshadowed his for me so I never noticed the nitty gritty stuff he got involved in.

martin63
15-08-2009, 07:50 PM
OK I'm ready to get slated for my marks but here goes
Maka-7 apart from ythe goal which was not solely his fault did well when called upon (which wasn't very often)
McCann-7 did well for his first game back.Did tire in 2nd half but that's to be expected
Hogg-8 played the captains roll brilliantly
Bamba-9 what can I say brilliant
Hanlon-7 always made himself available but most of the game was played down the right so never got any real chances
Cregg-9 awesome
McBride-8 brilliant
Rankine-8 gave 100% fought for everything mom for effort but not for product
Wotherspoon-10 What can I say Except get him on a 10 year contract
Riorden-7 Not his day but nice to see him put in the work and track back. Good effort
Nish-3 and that is being nice.Have never slagged of a hibs player before but he was shocking.A big lad like him should at least be able to stay on his feet.

Subs all played their part specially Benji who got the winner.Only 2 criticisms about him coming on
1 the boo boys. As long as he is playing for the green and white he should not be booed when he comes on the park if it wasn't for him we would only have 1 point.
2 Benji it takes a lot more than touching the badge to conpletely win over the fans.Only make that gesture if you meen it and are willing to work for it.

Ell_Chrisso
15-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Subs all played their part specially Benji who got the winner.Only 2 criticisms about him coming on
1 the boo boys. As long as he is playing for the green and white he should not be booed when he comes on the park if it wasn't for him we would only have 1 point.
2 Benji it takes a lot more than touching the badge to conpletely win over the fans.Only make that gesture if you meen it and are willing to work for it.[/QUOTE]

Agree 100% Especially the 2nd point :agree:

weststandhibby
15-08-2009, 08:33 PM
Maka - 4 - Doesnt look confident at all. Should have hoofed Hoggs pass into row z
McCann - 6 - good to see him fit. tired near the end
Bamba - 8 - Great in air and on the ground -
Hogg - 5 - not his best game - could the captaincy be too much?

Hanlon - 7 - Good game but too exposed when the ball was sent to left side. no natural width in front of him
McBride - 8 - Always available, kept it simple, good switches of play
Cregg - 9 - Great to see a hibs midfielder putting in a shift..

Rankin - 5 - Needs to up his game. didnt offer enough support to Hanlon in first half.
Wotherspoon - 8 - What a prospect - great to see a youngster with confidence.
Nish - 3 - Sorry just not good enough. spent more time on deck complaining than trying to play.!

Riordan - 6 - went looking for ball but needs to get his body language improved. still looks too disinterested.
SUBS

Galbraith - 6 - Still learning. showed good visiion to make himself available for short corner.

Benji - 7 - Looked interested!! Now prove to us that you want to play for the club!!

MANAGER

Yogi - 9 - good subsitutions when required. great to see him at HT wating till all the players were off and slapping Maka to show who's the boss!

CROWD- noise at ER again!! great to hear it and long may it continue. :greengrin

Hiber-nation
15-08-2009, 08:34 PM
OK I'm ready to get slated for my marks but here goes
Hogg-8 played the captains roll brilliantly
Nish-3 and that is being nice.Have never slagged of a hibs player before but he was shocking.A big lad like him should at least be able to stay on his feet.

You'll get slated alright. Nish had a thankless task for most of the game - he is not the answer that's for sure but he managed to lay off umpteen poor through balls from the likes of Hoggy who's unforced errors and lack of presence are real concerns.

Today Hogg would merit a 4, Nish a 6.

weststandhibby
15-08-2009, 08:36 PM
Makalamby 5 - Does any one else feel this keeper just gets bored? i mean, the lack of concentration is what makes him make game changing mistakes. luckily for him, hibs responded very quickly. i like him, i want him to do well. but 1st game, mistake made. shouldnt happen.

McCann 6 - done well, after long time out of the first team through injury. passed the ball around well enough, but for me is not vocal enough. should have been screaming for the ball alot more down the right flank, and taking players on more..

Hogg 7 - Mr Consistent. Won headers, passed it well, tackled well. well done captain!

Bamba 9 - Outstanding from start to finish. won every header from what i can remember. and just bossed higdon and memet. shame his mazey didnt end up with a top corner screamer!

Hanlon 6 - see McCANN...

McBride 8 - very neat and tidy performance. sort of player that wont make the headlines, as he does the un noticed work. but sprayed the ball about fantastic, wether it was 5 yards or 40. works hard, and breaks up the play well.

Cregg 8 - Terrier like. works very hard of the ball, and not scared of a challenge. passes very well, and has great movement. just lacks a bit of height!

Rankin 6 - In and out performance from rankin. not in the game enough, but did have 2 rasping shots. would have defo started Zemmama instead if had been fit.

Riordan 6 - very quiet today. not enough buzz, and too much moaning at times. needs to appreciate other players want too shoot too. needs to work on his sprinting i reckon, has lost a little pace

Wotherspoon 8 - Was impressed with this lad today. likes to get on the ball, and pass it around. took the full back on which is wat u want from ur winger, and finished goal v well. 1 for the future.

Nish 7 - 1st half played very well. didnt foul, won alot of headers. linked with riordan more than he did in 2nd half. think he got abit tired 2nd half, after working hard in 1st.:confused:

Benji 7 - Seems to be the kind of striker that wont burst his guts to get the ball, but always seems to pop up in the right places in the box. could have scored a hatrick, but took the important one very well. good to see him back, and hopefully the hibs shirt kissing and heart pumping at end means his head is on it, for his 2nd chance.

Galbraith 5 - Not a left back, so did ok to fill in, with the little pressure we had for final mins.

Sorry but are you related to Nish??? only thing I remeber in 1st half from him was getting booked for klicking the ball away!!!

Ell_Chrisso
15-08-2009, 08:44 PM
is there a blind curtain in the main stand like? because im certain nish played a very good first half today.
too many people like urself get on his back.
u fancy urself upfront for hibs by yourself? lets see how you get on?

his work rate is very underrated. i for one will not say he is our answer to a centre forward.

YES - he gives away alot of fouls
YES - he is offside far too much in a game
YES - he doesnt use his height to his advantage.

but for today, il stand up for the guy. he played well. he won alot of headers, and took a sore one in the first half with a header low down, to send wotherspoon down the right hand side. and he also works hard!

atleast give the guy some slack. if u want to criticise anyones performance today, its Riordans!

far too much moaning, and bickering. doesnt work hard either. only interested if someone plays him a perfect pass.

but whats the use on getting on there backs? its one game. makalambay and hogg made a big mistake.. but no1 on here is giving them ridiculously low ratings.

the team arent going to do well, if they continually get negative support!

weststandhibby
15-08-2009, 08:47 PM
if you look at the ratings i gave today you'll see that Maka and Hogg are low. Everyone one has an opinion and mine is that Nish was poor today. Yes he's had good games for us mut on todays show he needs to improve....

erin go bragh
15-08-2009, 08:50 PM
maka 5 [not a lot to do but keystone cops springs to mind for the goal he lost]really want him to do well but think stack should be in goal next week
mcann 7 [good steady game ,got forward lots and pinged in some good crosses ,tired 2nd half but is not long back and will get better
hogg 6[bit clumsy at times and was lucky not to give away a pen,must do better
bamba 8 outstanding and looks the ideal replacement for jones,even had a wee mazy run in 2nd half [thought he hit it too soon] but brilliant big man
hanlon 6 apart from his part in their goal thought he done no bad[think he will get better with a wee run in the team as he looks like he has a bit quality about him
mcbride 8 looks a real player and never wasted a ball , what a screamer that would have been but for a brilliant save[very impressed with him]
cregg 8 just what we have been missing ,he was all over the park never giving them a minutes peace ,passing was good and looks another good signing
wotherspoon 9:thumbsup:what a player he looks ,not afraid to take the ball in tight situations and beat their players for fun[took his goal well and looks every inch a star]
rankin 6 gave the ball away a couple of times but done no bad [looks like a mini hulk when he changed his top in 1st half]but should be doing more
nish 5 stupid booking which put him under pressure,unlucky with good header but looks clumberson and not mobile enough to play up front on his own[i no he is one of us but no a good game again]
riordan 6.5 plenty effort ut not one of his better games[delightfull finnish from nish pass but nish pulled up for a foul] tired near end
subs benji 7 thought we looked much more dangerous when he came on and reat finnish[also unlucky with shot that missed by inches]
galbraith 6 looked lively and crossed for winner
well done the hibs:greengrin

Ell_Chrisso
15-08-2009, 08:54 PM
if you look at the ratings i gave today you'll see that Maka and Hogg are low. Everyone one has an opinion and mine is that Nish was poor today. Yes he's had good games for us mut on todays show he needs to improve....

Yep, i know. Thats what forums are for! debate, and opinions.
Id love to see us sign a striker, so that we didnt have to rely on him upfront by himself. But at the same time, we do already have Nish, Benji, Riordan, Byrne, Johannson who are all classed as strikers.

Il be suprised if we sign one. but who knows what the managers plans are.

I just feel that the guy deserved abit of credit today, from his performance. Hes not anywhere near our worst player in the squad.

The Harp Awakes
15-08-2009, 08:55 PM
Maka-5-Not much to do but 1 of 3 players at fault for the goal. His next mistake is never far away.
McCann-5-Great to see him back as he's streets ahead of DVZ. That said looked tentative and leg-weary in the 2nd half. Better things to come.
Hogg-6-created the mayhem at the St Mirren goal with a crazy pass back. Had Bamba to thank at the end when missed a punt up the park. Not his best game.
Bamba-8-Solid, classy and insperational.
Hanlon-6-decent game blighted by his part in losing the goal.
Cregg-9-A long time since we've seen a midfield perfomance like that. Hard in the tackle, covered every blade of grass, great passing, could be a real find. MOM.
McBride-8-Feet on the ground here but this guy looks good. Seems to make 40 yard passes effortlessly. One of the best players on the pitch and never seemed to break sweat.
Rankin-7-Goes missing at times, especially in the 1st half but came onto a game in 2nd. Unlucky not to score.
Wotherspoon-8-A bit tentative in the 1st half but after his goal his confidence grew. Looks a prospect.
Riordan-6-Quiet today. Marked out the game as St Mirren tightened up after losing a man. Much more to come from Deek
Nish-5-Nothing went for him today. Needs to try and stay on his feet more.

Galbraith-4-made an impact in the short time on pitch. Out of position but decent debut.
Benji-5-While he's round you can't leave this guy out of the squad. A very classy player. He could be a hero at Hibs if he cuts out the crap and grows up. Hopefully Yogi can tame him.

weststandhibby
15-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Yep, i know. Thats what forums are for! debate, and opinions.
Id love to see us sign a striker, so that we didnt have to rely on him upfront by himself. But at the same time, we do already have Nish, Benji, Riordan, Byrne, Johannson who are all classed as strikers.

Il be suprised if we sign one. but who knows what the managers plans are.

I just feel that the guy deserved abit of credit today, from his performance. Hes not anywhere near our worst player in the squad.

Agree he isnt worst by any means and there are games where he will prove to be a matchwinner. However today I feel he lacked something maybe early season fitness.
Hope he proves me wrong....