PDA

View Full Version : substitutions today

forthhibby
15-08-2009, 05:59 PM
:thumbsup: to yogi, the way the game was going thought the thinking behind both subs was excellent and you have to say got us 3 points

H1bs6H3arts2 FC
15-08-2009, 06:15 PM
:thumbsup: to yogi, the way the game was going thought the thinking behind both subs was excellent and you have to say got us 3 points

i was worried when Nish stayed on the park & he took the 2 full backs off but it showed Yogi's game knowledge - the two subs won the game for us !! :agree:

Hibby_Ed
15-08-2009, 06:16 PM
Aye, Yogi seems to have things spot on. Tbh I don't think the players were quite following his idea (which seemed to be keeping the ball along the ground) which was often getting broken up by Nish, to name one culprit. If so I think the game may have been slightly different also. But with what he had, the subs were made at the right times and the right players came off (despite my confusion at the time). :agree:

chinny baxter
15-08-2009, 06:44 PM
I thought he was far too late with the subs. Saints defence would have coped with McCanns crosses all day long. It was only when he got Wotherspoon and to a lesser extent Galbraith getting behind them that we looked dangerous. Still 2 points we wouldnt have got last season.

Danderhall Hibs
15-08-2009, 06:46 PM
I thought he was far too late with the subs.

Good on you for admitting you were wrong. It takes a big man to admit that. :agree:

:greengrin

EskbankHibby
16-08-2009, 12:23 AM
I thought the subs turned the game today, a football man looking at a game, spotting problems and making changes.

Very impressed with the manager today, who knows what he could do with another 2 or 3 quality players?

danger1875
16-08-2009, 12:53 AM
I thought he was far too late with the subs. Saints defence would have coped with McCanns crosses all day long. It was only when he got Wotherspoon and to a lesser extent Galbraith getting behind them that we looked dangerous. Still 2 points we wouldnt have got last season.

yeah cause we need players on in the first half to win games. :bye: