PDA

View Full Version : Motm

Leitherhibs
15-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Thought the laddie Cregg was a stand out today really buzzed about the park, Bamba also covering for Hogg's poor judgement and inability to win the ball. Thought Wotherspoon was a strange choice, did ok considering his first competitive game.

Just delighted with 3 points :greengrin

Ritchie
15-08-2009, 04:36 PM
mcbride would get my vote for MOTM

was brilliant.... reminded me of Pirlo.... spreading passes about all day.

Leitherhibs
15-08-2009, 04:36 PM

Some strike near the end aswell, thunderbolt.

CallumHibs07
15-08-2009, 04:37 PM
McBride for me. :agree:

hibee_girl
15-08-2009, 04:38 PM
I would have given it to Bamba

leither17
15-08-2009, 04:38 PM
mcbride with bamba a close 2nd

Hibby Kate
15-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Thought the laddie Cregg was a stand out today really buzzed about the park, Bamba also covering for Hogg's poor judgement and inability to win the ball. Thought Wotherspoon was a strange choice, did ok considering his first competitive game.

Totally agree,:agree:
Thought Mcbride did brilliant in the middle aswell :thumbsup:

Scooter
15-08-2009, 04:40 PM
I thought the midfeild 3 were good. Cregg tired towards the end. Bamba was excellent.

Bamba would get my vote

TrinityHibs
15-08-2009, 04:40 PM
Bamba then McBride for me

Black Kyle
15-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Cregg, followed by Bamba and McBride :thumbsup:

Winston Ingram
15-08-2009, 04:43 PM
McBride was motm for me. Absolutely excellent. I don't think he wasted a pass:agree:

ancienthibby
15-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Beeb Radio gave it to young Wotherspoon!!

Great boost for his confidence:agree::agree:

whereswallace?
15-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Sol Bamba for me,thought he was superb.Absolutly strolled it today,just gutted he didnt score as i had a wee sky diver on him :greengrin

Special mentions to Wotherspoon and Mcbride who were both excellent. :thumbsup:

Ozyhibby
15-08-2009, 04:45 PM
McBride for me. :agree:

:agree:

Hibby_Ed
15-08-2009, 04:47 PM
Cregg never put a foot wrong first half but second half died off a little, think he'll be good with a creative player (Zemmama) beside him.

McBride was also good as was Wotherspoon.

Bamba controlled the defence however, without him i'd imagine would have been a different result, so Bamba.

random sub
15-08-2009, 04:50 PM
McBride for me- very impressive work rate and keen to take the ball all the time, good engine on him.

Cropley10
15-08-2009, 04:51 PM

Thought he disappeared for big periods of the second half tbh.

Wotherspoon looked comfortable on the ball and used it well AND scored a goal. I was delighted for him on his senior debut, looks a real talent.

McBride had a really good game, a really good passer of the ball:greengrin

aljo7-0
15-08-2009, 05:02 PM
I'd definitely have given it to Cregg at half time but overall think McBride earned it with an excellent displsay. Absolute keecher of a black eye too!

Hibs90
15-08-2009, 05:05 PM
Wotherspoon
Cregg
McBride
Bamba

In that order.

Judas Iscariot
15-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Cregg for me, though McBride, Bamba and Wotherspoon were all excellent too!

Well impressed by Cregg, never hid, played with his head up and loves a tackle!!

Superb!!

down-the-slope
15-08-2009, 05:10 PM
Strange game in that with the exception of Nish & Deeks I though the rest individualy had decent or good matches..yet it did not result in a very good team display (decent)

Midfield was where we looked best - probably the contrast with last years non-existent one helping here.

Definate top Marks to Wotherspoon - having watched him lots for U19s last season he is just carrying on that form and does not seem to have noticed the step up..can see him and Zemamma (if played together :rolleyes:) spliting defences apart with their passing and ability to dribble at pace.

McBride probably shading it for me overall

RickyS
15-08-2009, 05:16 PM

his passing was top notch, and was an outball for anyone who needed him.
he had a lot of time to pick his passes, but I cant understand why the Falkirk fans didnae like him.

Hiber-nation
15-08-2009, 05:18 PM
Poor man's Brian Kerr ma erse. Well done Kev, great performance today. Bamba, Cregg, McCann and Wotherspoon not too far behind.

Wotherspiniesta
15-08-2009, 05:18 PM
I think Wotherspoon was a good choice for MOTM :agree:

RoYO!
15-08-2009, 05:20 PM
im delighted that of the 4 that are being touted for motm, 3 are new to the team this year.

settling in very nicely :thumbsup:keep up the good work.

Baw187
15-08-2009, 05:24 PM
Poor man's Brian Kerr ma erse. Well done Kev, great performance today. Bamba, Cregg, McCann and Wotherspoon not too far behind.

McBride is 100 times the player Kerr is. Thought he was great today although I'd agree the sponsor's choice of Wotherspoon. Swaggered in to the team and played with great confidence. One to watch for the season.

Bamba and Cregg played well too.

Riordans Boots
15-08-2009, 05:26 PM
Cregg, followed by Bamba and McBride :thumbsup:

:agree:

Monktonhall 7
15-08-2009, 05:28 PM
Wotherspoon for me, with McBride not far behind. 3 great substititutions from the Manager which won us the game.

Golden Bear
15-08-2009, 05:31 PM
Wotherspoon
Cregg
McBride
Bamba

In that order.

Spot on!

Baw187
15-08-2009, 05:31 PM
Wotherspoon for me, with McBride not far behind. 3 great substititutions from the Manager which won us the game.

2 brave substitutions. Taking your fullbacks off and replacing them with forward playing players was a bold strategy that paid off for us today.

Night and day tactically compared to Mixu and Collins. Seems happy to change things when to try and change games which I am delighted about if it continues.

RoYO!
15-08-2009, 05:33 PM

:agree: there was an AWFUL lot of eye rolling etc at the subs when they came on.

hopefully those fans can hold their hands up now...

Hiber-nation
15-08-2009, 05:37 PM
:agree: there was an AWFUL lot of eye rolling etc at the subs when they came on.

hopefully those fans can hold their hands up now...

I certainly rolled my eyes when Galbraith was straight up against Brighton in the air.

Well done Yogi though, what a difference too see subs like that compared to the last regime.

matty_f
15-08-2009, 05:45 PM
Cregg, McBride, Wotherspoon and Bamba would all have been worthy of MOTM today.

From a biased point of view, I'm glad Wotherspoon got the award today, he looked very good.:agree:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
15-08-2009, 05:48 PM
Thought he disappeared for big periods of the second half tbh.

Wotherspoon looked comfortable on the ball and used it well AND scored a goal. I was delighted for him on his senior debut, looks a real talent.

McBride had a really good game, a really good passer of the ball:greengrin

Looks like Whitty in the way he moves with the ball (and has the Whitty flick sorted as well :greengrin). Certainly offered more than McCann did when moved to fullback and you could see his confidence lift after he skinned the big left fullback?? a couple of times. Yogis no daft moving the young laddies into the fullback positions as we were against 10 men and they werent offering that much of a threat against us up front.

soupy
Bamba shades it for me:thumbsup:

Baw187
Cregg, McBride, Wotherspoon and Bamba would all have been worthy of MOTM today.

From a biased point of view, I'm glad Wotherspoon got the award today, he looked very good.:agree:

What's the connection, Matty?? Secret love child??

hibbybrian
15-08-2009, 05:49 PM
it makes a pleasant change to have almost half the team up for man of the match award :greengrin

more good crosses today than the whole of last season - or at a Peter Cushing memorial :greengrin

matty_f
15-08-2009, 05:54 PM
What's the connection, Matty?? Secret love child??

Wotherspoon is one of the under 19s that got promoted, so I watched him all last season, and I'm pleased he made the step up and did well.:thumbsup:

GhostofBolivar
15-08-2009, 05:56 PM
Cregg for me. Got stuck in. Made some crunching challenges. Used the ball well.

col02
15-08-2009, 06:00 PM
McBride only just in front of Bamba for me. Really like the way he keeps the game simple at times and then spreads play when needed. Bamba at CH has massive potential too with his strength and pace.

ancient hibee
15-08-2009, 06:01 PM
McBride played well but the midfield generally played across the park too much which as St.mirren pulled everyone back meant the ball was very slow at arriving at the front 2 who were heavily marked.Galbraith showed how to do it-shouted for the ball at the corner and IMMEDIATELY swung it in where it mattered.

AllyF
15-08-2009, 06:18 PM
Cregg for me. :agree:

Really looking forward to seeing more of him.

renato
15-08-2009, 06:23 PM
I thought Bamba was the best player on the park, closely followed by Wotherspoon. McBride had a slick game too.

When big Sol cuts out the mistakes he really is class, at the back or in the midfield. He saved Hogg's bacon a couple of times with excellent covering and anticipation, and he was very vocal in organising the guys around him, including Maka.

:top marks for Wotherspoon though, excellent debut and showed great versatility and skill. Fantastic finish for the goal too.

Hibby Bairn
15-08-2009, 06:27 PM
Wotherspoon was the only one on the park that could see that was prepared (or able) to take a man on and beat him....and therfore create space.

Cregg is definitely a biting tackler but his forward passing was too predictable and never really created anything. McBride looked very composed and always looking for the ball. But he only had 10 men - like Cregg - to play against. Loads of space and easy to pick a pass out as we always had spare men.

Bamba is a player. No question. Destined for a higher level.

villager
15-08-2009, 06:34 PM
it was one of the mcewan fraser guys and i called motm at the game today, cregg's overall contribution we thought was great. he plays a key role in the system and for 90 minutes whether in possesion or not, wotherspoon just shaded it for us as he was so composed, popped the goal in at a key time to get things level and showed he has the technique and range of a complete midfielder. all on his debut. didnt think it would do any harm to give the young boy some extra gloss on what was surely a memorable day for him allready.

mcbride's inflouence on the game was a credit to him especially as we pushed for the winner. can see why so many posters have him for their motm .

enjoyed bamba and hanlons performances, very encouraging.

was a pleasure to choose from 3/4 players who are new to the team or in bamba's case settling in well to a problem position.

fife hfc
15-08-2009, 06:50 PM
I thought Wotherspoon deserved the mom, but bamba, cregg and Mcbride could easily have got it.

Barney McGrew
15-08-2009, 06:58 PM
Lots of excellent performances today, with McBride, Bamba and Cregg stand outs.

I do agree with the sponsors and the BBC though - given that was David Wotherspoons competitive debut, to play like he did and cap it off with a goal he thoroughly deserves the award.

Good to see the conveyor belt is still chucking them out :wink:

sadtom
15-08-2009, 07:39 PM
McBride played well but the midfield generally played across the park too much which as St.mirren pulled everyone back meant the ball was very slow at arriving at the front 2 who were heavily marked.Galbraith showed how to do it-shouted for the ball at the corner and IMMEDIATELY swung it in where it mattered.

Have to disagree with your comment. Getting the ball forward quickly was what we did with mixu. It tends to come back even quicker!!!
Couldn't believe the amount of phanjitas that were sitting nearby urging the ball to be played forward quicker, did we learn nothing from watching last seasons sheeeite anti fitba?

When your playing against 10 men who have everyone behind the ball, you have to keep it moving across the park and make the pitch as wide as possible. Work the ten men, tire them out, show a bit of patience and constantly probe tor the RIGHT ball.
Galbraith recieved the ball from a short corner and did the right thing by swinging it in. McBride was never really in that position, its not his job, he's more central and deeper.

In the main i'm very happy with the teams performance, showed a bit of nouse, passed it pretty well (but not perfect by any means), showed a bit of bite and didn't panic. With a wee bit of luck could have got a few more.
Very encouraged. It looks like fitba again!!!!

McBride was excellent, neat and tidy kept the ball moving, mixed his passes up well, lots of simple balls to feet and some longer diagonal balls aswell. Dug in, was always available, showed a nice first touch and whenever they got the ball he was always inbetween our back 4 and their midfield holding them up. He made tackles when the opportune arose but more importantly for that role, he slowed down and blunted any counter attacks without having to make a challange. MoM of me without a shadow, closely followed by big Sol then Wotherspoon and Cregg.

Maka - At fault for the goal, though both Hogg and Hanlon both contributed (as did most of the team by not reacting to the mistakes after they happened) other than that one half decent stop, nothing else to do.

McCann - looked a bit stronger i thought, i suppose hes begining to fill out. Did well and will probably (i hope) continue to improve as he gets back into the swing of things, definately preferrable to DVZ.

Hogg - Also at fault for their goal, stuggled a bit in the air but kept the team going, satifactory.

Bamba - Dominant, powerful and showed nice feet, terrific display.

Hanlon - Like Hogg partially at fault for their goal (turned into their man instead of away from his after Makas poor clearance) apart from than he did well.

Wotherspoon - got better as the game went on goal appeared to give him confidence, looks another good prospect.

Rankin - solid if unspectacular, kept it simple but perhaps could have been more involved.

McBride - MoM

Cregg - busy and willing, a good show.

Deek - In and out the game, some good moments (what about the outside of the boot finish when he had been flagged off?) good to see him really battle for the ball down the right hand side in the 1st half, would like to see more of that from him.

Nish - A good Hibby and a nice big guy. Dont think he's the answer, back up striker at best. Is a very unselfish player but he isn't mobile enough to cause defenders problems, nor does he seem to be strong enough to be effective as a target man. For some reason he seem to have an uncanny knack of giving away fouls even when he's being fouled (not just from todays attention seeker in the flourecent garb, all the refs seem to penalise him). When he managed to get in the way of Wotherspoons netbound effort, that just about summed up his day.

Galbraith - Did well enough in the short time he was on. Looking forward to seeing more of him over the season.

Benji - been a real critic of his behaviour over the last 18 months, but a real fan of his ability. Much as he has annoyed me i cannot understand why some diddies booed him before he even came on, gie yersels a shake! I think he is in debt to us and that was the first instalment (of many i hope) by way of pay back. Well done!!

Thats my take on it.
Thank f*** i can start to look forwards to saturdays again.

matty_f
15-08-2009, 07:44 PM
Have to disagree with your comment. Getting the ball forward quickly was what we did with mixu. It tends to come back even quicker!!!
Couldn't believe the amount of phanjitas that were sitting nearby urging the ball to be played forward quicker, did we learn nothing from watching last seasons sheeeite anti fitba?

When your playing against 10 men who have everyone behind the ball, you have to keep it moving across the park and make the pitch as wide as possible. Work the ten men, tire them out, show a bit of patience and constantly probe tor the RIGHT ball.
Galbraith recieved the ball from a short corner and did the right thing by swinging it in. McBride was never really in that position, its not his job, he's more central and deeper.

In the main i'm very happy with the teams performance, showed a bit of nouse, passed it pretty well (but not perfect by any means), showed a bit of bite and didn't panic. With a wee bit of luck could have got a few more.

McBride was excellent, neat and tidy kept the ball moving, mixed his passes up well, lots of simple balls to feet and some longer diagonal balls aswell. Dug in, was always available, showed a nice first touch and whenever they got the ball he was always inbetween our back 4 and their midfield holding them up. He made tackles when the opportune arose but more importantly for that role, he slowed down and blunted any counter attacks without having to make a challange. MoM of me without a shadow, closely followed by big Sol then Wotherspoon and Cregg.

Maka - At fault for the goal, though both Hogg and Hanlon both contributed (as did most of the team by not reacting to the mistakes after they happened) other than that one half decent stop, nothing else to do.

McCann - looked a bit stronger i thought, i suppose hes begining to fill out. Did well and will probably (i hope) continue to improve as he gets back into the swing of things, definately preferrable to DVZ.

Hogg - Also at fault for their goal, stuggled a bit in the air but kept the team going, satifactory.

Hanlon - Like Hogg partially at fault for their goal (turned into their man instead of away from his after Makas poor clearance) apart from than he did well.

Wotherspoon - got better as the game went on goal appeared to give him confidence, looks another good prospect.

Rankin - solid if unspectacular, kept it simple but perhaps could have been more involved.

McBride - MoM

Deek - In and out the game, some good moments (what about the outside of the boot finish when he had been flagged off?) good to see him really battle for the ball down the right hand side in the 1st half, would like to see more of that from him.

Nish - A good Hibby and a nice big guy. Dont think he's the answer, back up striker at best. Is a very unselfish player but he isn't mobile enough to cause defenders problems, nor does he seem to be strong enough to be effective as a target man. For some reason he seem to have an uncanny knack of giving away fouls even when he's being fouled (not just from todays attention seeker in the flourecent garb, all the refs seem to penalise him). When he managed to get in the way of Wotherspoons netbound effort, that just about summed up his day.

Galbraith - Did well enough in the short time he was on. Looking forward to seeing more of him over the season.

Benji - been a real critic of his behaviour over the last 18 months, but a real fan of his ability. Much as he has annoyed me i cannot understand why some diddies booed him before he even came on, gie yersels a shake! I think he is in debt to us and that was the first instalment (of many i hope) by way of pay back. Well done!!

Thats my take on it.
:top marks

Pretty much exactly how I saw it. :agree:

I was very encouraged today, I like how we made the pitch wide and switched play. We missed Zemmama, but Wotherspoon, Cregg, McBride and Bamba were all very good today.

It's a world away from what we watched last season. With a bit of luck we'd have scored a lot more than we did today.

stubru59
15-08-2009, 07:57 PM
Would love to know how much ground McBride covered today.

First class display from the lad who gets my vote for MOM.

Sir David Gray
15-08-2009, 08:10 PM
I thought Cregg was outstanding today.

For me, he was man of the match.

Malthibby
15-08-2009, 08:24 PM
Good to have a number of choices. Both the Falkirk guys showed up well, & in the first half especially Cregg seemed to have a personal Star Trek transporter on him.
Wotherspoon looked like he has been playing for the first team all season............
Bamba however was immense, & the tackle he put in just in front of the 18 yard line, clearing the ball & putting the Sainty into orbit at the same time was the best I've seen since Murray asssited Neilson off the field on his comeback.
GG

Malthibby
15-08-2009, 08:29 PM
That will be ex-Falkirk players..........:rolleyes:

LALthehibeeGAL
15-08-2009, 08:43 PM

McBride - MoM

Thats my take on it.

:top marks:agree:

OtterHibee
15-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Wotherspoon for me, followed by Cregg.

Delighted for DW today. To play that well at 19 on your competitive debut, score a cracking goal and pick up the sponsor's man of the match award is something to treasure. His passing today was excellent. So young but yet so composed. He played as if he'd been in the first team all his life. Without doubt a star in the making. Look forward to seeing more from him.

Cregg, although he did tire in the second half, was pretty much non stop all afternoon, even after that shocking tackle from Thomson. He's clearly not afraid to put a foot in, with plenty industry and able to push on higher up the pitch in support of the forwards, and that's possibly the type of player we've lacked in recent years (since Scott Brown? - not that I'm meaning to compare the two by any stretch BTW).

Bamba and McBride were also excellent today.

Expecting Rain
15-08-2009, 09:27 PM
McBride [ MOM ], classy, neat,intelligent and industrious, good show from Wotherspoon looks like another cracking player in the making, the new guy Benji didn`t look to bad either.

EskbankHibby
16-08-2009, 12:12 AM
Cregg, motm for me, poor footwear but all over the place breaking play up and spreading passes and by the way he puts the foot in!

Congratulations to his bone density also in terms of avoiding the carreer finishing injury from that *** who tried to cripple him.

Bamba was immense and got Hogg out of jail big time with that challenge at the end, what a tackle.

Wotherspoon was excellent, has a few tricks.

truehibernian
16-08-2009, 12:38 AM
The whole midfield for me today which was almost an afterthought under Mixu and Parky.......Cregg was busy and closed down space, McBride controlled any loose ball and kept the ball moving, Rankin again was workmanlike and Wotherspoon had a wee bit of class and technique in the right areas.......all in all the midfield bossed the possession and allowed the front players to get forward and the defence to concentrate on defending and occasionally get forward and attack.......Hughes showed today what Mixu lacked IMO......tactical prowess at the right time and and it was interesting to note that the team (rightly) persisted with possession football and did not end up lumping it forward into no mans land........if Zemmama or a similar player had been introduced into the game then it would have been a comfortable scoreline........good shout to the crowd today though for not getting on the teams back at 0-1 and 1-1 and having a wee bit faith in the team :agree:

danger1875
16-08-2009, 12:47 AM
Wotherspoon
Cregg
McBride
Bamba

In that order.

i'd agree with this

jgl07
16-08-2009, 02:26 AM
Wotherspoon looked like he has been playing for the first team all season............

Hmmm.

Even the Yams have taken notice of young Wotherspoon with a 28 posting thread on crapback:

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=58305

Steve-O
16-08-2009, 02:33 AM
McBride :agree:

100% of passes completed I reckon.

EskbankHibby
16-08-2009, 02:41 AM
Hmmm.

Even the Yams have taken notice of young Wotherspoon with a 28 posting thread on crapback:

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=58305

Welts.

Not read it but let me guess, he is a sister loving, peg selling gypo?

Great young talent, if only they had any (any who don't threaten doormen with guns i mean).

Bitter, jealous, spineless fuds.

Hamish
16-08-2009, 06:19 AM
Bamba, by three country miles, was the best player on the park.

McBride played very well as did Cregg and Wotherspoon who both looked decent.

McCann and Hanlon delivered too many balls from the edge of the 18 yard box or further out.

Rankin looks busy but isn't involved enough

In the system Hughes is trying Riordan has to work harder than he did today though he looked dangerous when on the ball

Jack Ross was their best player and someone we should have considered for right back some time ago.

basehibby
16-08-2009, 12:42 PM
McBride :agree:

100% of passes completed I reckon.

:bitchy: I spotted ONE misplaced pass from McBride in the first half. Thought he had a good game though and got more comfortable as the game progressed.
Bamba was immense in the centre of defence and all of a sudden we're not missing Jones nearly as much.
But MOM for me was Cregg - always involved from start to finish both in attack and defence and just looked a class above anything StMidden had to offer in midfield from where he dictated the play pretty much from start to finish :top marks

blackpoolhibs
16-08-2009, 01:03 PM
Bamba by a mile, held the defence together, i wish we had another one like him alongside, instead of hogg.

MussyHibby
16-08-2009, 01:04 PM
Bamba with a performance Jones would have been real proud of. Thought he was excellent. His celebration at the end made me smile too. 10/10.

Can't argue with the other 3 guys recognised. All augurs well...............

JimBHibees
16-08-2009, 01:20 PM
Bamba by a mile, held the defence together, i wish we had another one like him alongside, instead of hogg.

Totally agree. I wonder if Murray could play centre back beside Bamba.

EskbankHibby
16-08-2009, 01:34 PM
Bamba with a performance Jones would have been real proud of. Thought he was excellent. His celebration at the end made me smile too. 10/10.

Can't argue with the other 3 guys recognised. All augurs well...............

What did he do at the end mate? I missed it.

oconnors_strip
16-08-2009, 03:00 PM

he has been:greengrin

Baw187
16-08-2009, 03:05 PM
Wotherspoon is one of the under 19s that got promoted, so I watched him all last season, and I'm pleased he made the step up and did well.:thumbsup:

Ah right !

IN fairness, I'm always a stickler for youngsters coming through and doing well, albeit I didn't see any of the 19s games last year.

Removed
16-08-2009, 03:12 PM
Ah right !

IN fairness, I'm always a stickler for youngsters coming through and doing well, albeit I didn't see any of the 19s games last year.

Matty's love child :faf: He needs to put it away pronto though, he's got enough bairns now.

I did text Matty during the game praising Wotherspoon. Having seen a few U19 games last season he is a real prospect and I think he'll be a great player for us in the future - bonus if he shows the form to claim a regular starting place straight away.

Dalkeith Hibee
16-08-2009, 04:38 PM
What about Bamba's tackle at the one on one near the end.

Different class!

hibsbollah
16-08-2009, 05:50 PM
Cregg was MOTM in the first half, but over the 90 mins Bamba was the standout for me:agree:

Baw187
16-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Matty's love child :faf: He needs to put it away pronto though, he's got enough bairns now.

I did text Matty during the game praising Wotherspoon. Having seen a few U19 games last season he is a real prospect and I think he'll be a great player for us in the future - bonus if he shows the form to claim a regular starting place straight away.

Any of the other 19s up to that standard, Billy?

MacBean
16-08-2009, 09:38 PM
Wotherspoon got into some very good positions yesterday and look extremely confident on the ball. As mentioned in other threads though, he didnt get the delivery from mccann and we kept going inside too much and his pace wasn't being used down the flanks, but im delighted with him.

Jonnyboy
16-08-2009, 10:48 PM
Good to have so many candidates! My vote goes to McBride

Have to say Bamba was immense and just as well because Hogg was poor

Removed
16-08-2009, 11:30 PM
Any of the other 19s up to that standard, Billy?

I'd say Sean Welsh and Ewan Moyes are two that have the potential to make the step up at some point and Kurtis Byrne has that swagger, attitude and ability that good centre forwards display - I suspect he will keep Deeks, Nish & Benji on their toes is training and when his time comes he'll grab it with both hands.

Callum Booth really impressed me as well and he is a very exciting full back who likes to get forward and is very comfortable on the ball. He's still in the 19's this season Nick so defo worth going along to see this lad in action.

Baw187
17-08-2009, 12:30 PM
I'd say Sean Welsh and Ewan Moyes are two that have the potential to make the step up at some point and Kurtis Byrne has that swagger, attitude and ability that good centre forwards display - I suspect he will keep Deeks, Nish & Benji on their toes is training and when his time comes he'll grab it with both hands.

Callum Booth really impressed me as well and he is a very exciting full back who likes to get forward and is very comfortable on the ball. He's still in the 19's this season Nick so defo worth going along to see this lad in action.

I was quite keen to see Byrne come on, on Saturday but obviously I'm not complaining that Benji was given the chance ! I've only seen him play the 10 minutes at the Preston game and he looked lively.