PDA

View Full Version : Stack to be in goals and the new first choice

NW
15-08-2009, 08:48 AM
by October I reckon.

I think that if he didnt pick up his injury he would have started today.

thoughts?

Spike Mandela
15-08-2009, 08:51 AM
Maka knows the guy will be in as soon as he makes stupid blunders so it may force him to concentrate more and be the keeper he has the potential to be.

GreenOnions
15-08-2009, 09:13 AM
I can't see Yogi changing things in goals unless Maka starts to perform poorly or gets injured. I don't know yet how good Stack is but the competition can only do us good.

Leitherhibs
15-08-2009, 09:15 AM
I truly dont think we've had two keepers of this quality at the club since.. well ever. Makalamby has phenomenal potential and Stack being around having had the experience he has can only be good for him.

stubru59
15-08-2009, 09:38 AM
by October I reckon.

thoughts?

If not earlier.

Maka will now have to be on top of his game and this competitive pressure can only be a good thing - for Hibs.

Hughes spoke earlier about Stack's good general distribution of the ball.

In other words, a goalkeeper who can potentially set up attacking moves.

All too often Maka is inclined to play a ball out to a player with someone on him.

Best of luck to both of them, though.

Long suffering
15-08-2009, 09:42 AM
Is there any chance Stack will start today?

Beefster
15-08-2009, 09:45 AM
The first little mistake Maka makes there will be a sizeable minority on here calling for him to be dropped immediately.

If Stack subsequently makes a couple of mistakes (it happens), the same folk will be calling for him to be dropped and a new keeper to be brought in.

Outfield players will be / are given a shedload more slack.

Them's my thoughts.

GlesgaeHibby
15-08-2009, 09:47 AM
Is there any chance Stack will start today?

No. Maka will start today.

Hainan Hibs
15-08-2009, 09:50 AM
Maka has to be given the support. What I fear is one small fumble will cause every boo boy to be on his back giving him stick for 90 minutes whatever he does. Maka has never been the orthodox keeper but he is a good one with great potential.

We have a great prospect in Maka, and Stacks sounds promising too. Lets give whoever is in goals the support they need and we will hopefully have more than a few clean sheets on our hands.

Mon the Hibs:thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
15-08-2009, 10:55 AM
To think that we had both Clown AND Zibbi on our books at one time, fumbling incompetently for that first team jersey.

It's actually pretty phenomenal.

PISTOL1875
15-08-2009, 10:57 AM
As soon as Maka starts drooping clangers then Stack will be in the frame.. Maybe now that we have a goalie who will push Maka all the way , we might the best of him.....

GreenPJ
15-08-2009, 11:01 AM
Is Stack anywhere near fit? I would be surprised if he even made the bench today.

col02
15-08-2009, 11:34 AM
Maka has the jersey until such time his form warrants a change and that is good enough for me!

Toaods
15-08-2009, 11:37 AM
A somewhat dramatic thread title.

Maka will perform OK. Stack is pretty much a second choice keeper wherever he has been, can't see why that might change now.

fergal7
15-08-2009, 03:03 PM
by October I reckon.

thoughts?

Would you like to reconcider?:wink:

ScottB
15-08-2009, 03:16 PM
Would you like to reconcider?:wink:

To be fair, it's hard to judge on radio, and while it sounds like a bad one, it also sounded like Hogg was involved in that muck up as well.

I shall hold off judgment till those who were there in person report back.

sleeping giant
15-08-2009, 03:20 PM
To be fair, it's hard to judge on radio, and while it sounds like a bad one, it also sounded like Hogg was involved in that muck up as well.

It also depends if it costs us !
If we can win the match i can put up with the young keeper "learning".

J-C
15-08-2009, 03:58 PM

It sounded like instead of just punting the ball away, he tried to play it to Hanlon and put the young defender in trouble, I'll wait till I see it for myself though.

Hibby 2005
15-08-2009, 04:02 PM
I saw the St. Mirren goal on HI and Maka was 100% to blame, no way back I would have thought.

hibee_girl
15-08-2009, 04:26 PM
I was at the game and imo Hogg was as much to blame as Maka.

CapitalHibs
15-08-2009, 04:29 PM
I was at the game and imo Hogg was as much to blame as Maka.

Agree. Hogg overhit the initial passback and Maka should have put the ball out instead of trying to control it.

Scooter
15-08-2009, 04:33 PM
I've stuck up for maka but I'm sorry he was at total fault for the goal today. I was right behind the goal and some say hogg over hit it but maka could have stopped it, it was like maka took his eye of the ball. 100% maka fault

Hibs90
15-08-2009, 05:06 PM
I've stuck up for maka but I'm sorry he was at total fault for the goal today. I was right behind the goal and some say hogg over hit it but maka could have stopped it, it was like maka took his eye of the ball. 100% maka fault

No chance. I was directly in line with Hogg and when he hit the pass it was inaccurate and far too heavy. Hogg's fault 100%.

ScottB
15-08-2009, 05:08 PM
No chance. I was directly in line with Hogg and when he hit the pass it was inaccurate and far too heavy. Hogg's fault 100%.

The radio pretty much suggested this initially, before going into full on 'Hibs calamity keepers' mode.

They can't pass up a chance to drag out that one...

Wotherspiniesta
15-08-2009, 05:45 PM
They were both to blame. Maka for taking his eye off the ball and Hogg for playing a misplaced heavy ball across the 6 yard box.

--------
15-08-2009, 06:09 PM

Agree. Hogg put the very pass into the box the St Mirren guy would have played if he had had the ball. Maka scrambled it away, initially seeming to have sorted things, then instead of putting it out the park, he tried the pass to Hanlon and it all went pear-shaped.

But if Chris had just put the ball into touch as I was willing him to do (along with most of the West Stand, btw) none of it would have happened.

sesoim
15-08-2009, 09:04 PM
The radio pretty much suggested this initially, before going into full on 'Hibs calamity keepers' mode.

They can't pass up a chance to drag out that one...

They must like Hibs then. Only a Jambo could want us to persist with Maka after his "contributions" over the last two years.

If we can afford to, we should get Szamo back and offload Maka. Hopefully him and Stack will do a decent job when called upon.

PISTOL1875
15-08-2009, 09:06 PM
Hogg should've just humped the ball into the stand.....

--------
15-08-2009, 11:30 PM
They must like Hibs then. Only a Jambo could want us to persist with Maka after his "contributions" over the last two years.

If we can afford to, we should get Szamo back and offload Maka. Hopefully him and Stack will do a decent job when called upon.

Szamotulski has bad knees. He didn't last the whole period he was with us last season - he was playing at less than full fitness three or four games before he dropped out of the team. We'd end up with Stack and Flynn.

How often have you seen Graham Stack play a full match, as a matter of interest?

cocopops1875
15-08-2009, 11:40 PM
i have a fairly good mate down south assures me stack is gash:wink:

bingo70
16-08-2009, 01:15 AM
i have a fairly good mate down south assures me stack is gash:wink:

i've got a mate from down south that knows him better than most and i'm assured he's an excellent keeper as long as he can find a manager that he can work with, from what i'm told his ability is not in question, it' his ability to behave himself thats in doubt, only time will tell how that one pans out.

as for the goal today, Hogg probably did over hit the pass and Hanlon probably could have dealt with the pass better, however if Maka was concentrating he'd have just controlled it and got rid of it with no pressure on the defence so IMO that was another goal caused by Maka, the sooner he's replaced in goal the better IMO.