PDA

View Full Version : John Reid - Public Enemy!

MrSmith
15-08-2009, 08:41 AM
I completely detest this horrible despicable man!

Lecturing others about being wrong and it's best to admit it!! :grr:

Lest we not forget Iraq John and all your other dodgy dealings in the Labour party!! Effing Pr1k of a man!!:grr::grr:

taken form: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8202650.stm

Celtic chairman John Reid says every Scottish Premier League club will be hit by reduced television revenue.
The Glasgow club have announced reduced debt and profits in their preliminary results up to 30 June 2009.
And Reid is calling on the leadership of the Scottish Premier League to admit their mistakes over television rights.
"It'll affect every club in Scotland, You can't take £75m out of Scottish football without the clubs being affected," Reid told BBC Scotland.
"If £75m that otherwise would've gone into Scottish football disappears from it, our supporters are entitled to know why.
"Now, if others aren't going to tell the supporters, fine. I'm going to continue to tell the Celtic supporters.
"Whether it's a commercial problem, political problem, footballing problem or a personal problem, the first step in overcoming it is to admit you've got a problem.
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/shared/img/o.gif So we will always reinvest the monies we get for financial stability in the playing side of this club

John Reid

"So, if you don't admit that you've made a mistake, if you don't admit that the way you've done things creates a problem, you won't rectify it in the future."
Celtic opposed the SPL's acceptance of a deal with broadcaster Setanta in 2008, insisting that Sky would have been a better option.
With Setanta having gone into administration, the SPL were this summer forced to accept a deal on reduced terms from Sky and ESPN.
"All I was trying to do was to say we've got a problem because we took a decision on a certain basis, it was a wrong way to do it; it cost us a lot of money and don't let's do it again," added Reid.
The preliminary results show that Celtic's bank debt is down to £1.51m net of cash - a reduction of more than £2m. But pre-tax profit also fell, from £4.44m to £2m.
"I think we've done better than most in difficult financial circumstances," Reid said.
Celtic missed out on a fourth consecutive SPL title last season with Rangers claiming the championship on the last day of the season.
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/46209000/jpg/_46209028_mowbray_presser_282b_sns.jpg Mowbray's arrival at Celtic has prompted spending by the club

Since then, Gordon Strachan has been replaced as manager by Tony Mowbray and Reid is pleased the club have been able to fund several transfer deals.
"It will take time, he will want to build his own team," said Reid.
"Part of our job is to keep this company and club so stable that we can provide resources for him to do that but the one thing that we all need to give him is time.
"Last year, we came second in the SPL and I don't find that satisfactory. That is why our new manager is now building a new set-up here. I think he's made great strides forward in a very short period of time.
"We've tried to give him the resources, even in these difficult times.
"I've obviously gotten to know Tony pretty well over the past few weeks. I think he has established a fabulous rapport with management, playing staff and the supporters of Celtic Football Club and I think he'll go from strength to strength. I think he can be a great manager here."
The transfer activity at Celtic has not been mirrored by their Old Firm rivals with Rangers yet to add to their squad.
Reid added: "This year already if you look around Scotland, you won't find many clubs bringing in players but we brought in Zaluska, N'Guemo, Fortune, Fox, three young players from Stockport and we'll continue to look at other players.
"So we will always reinvest the monies we get for financial stability - i.e. profits - in the playing side of this club. The playing side has to be successful in order to give us that economic stability and when we get that financial stability, the money will go back into the players."

Golden Bear
15-08-2009, 08:47 AM
I completely detest this horrible despicable man!

Lecturing others about being wrong and it's best to admit it!! :grr:

Lest we not forget Iraq John and all your other dodgy dealings in the Labour party!! Effing Pr1k of a man!!:grr::grr:

taken form: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8202650.stm

Celtic chairman John Reid says every Scottish Premier League club will be hit by reduced television revenue.
The Glasgow club have announced reduced debt and profits in their preliminary results up to 30 June 2009.
And Reid is calling on the leadership of the Scottish Premier League to admit their mistakes over television rights.
"It'll affect every club in Scotland, You can't take £75m out of Scottish football without the clubs being affected," Reid told BBC Scotland.
"If £75m that otherwise would've gone into Scottish football disappears from it, our supporters are entitled to know why.
"Now, if others aren't going to tell the supporters, fine. I'm going to continue to tell the Celtic supporters.
"Whether it's a commercial problem, political problem, footballing problem or a personal problem, the first step in overcoming it is to admit you've got a problem.
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/shared/img/o.gif So we will always reinvest the monies we get for financial stability in the playing side of this club

John Reid

"So, if you don't admit that you've made a mistake, if you don't admit that the way you've done things creates a problem, you won't rectify it in the future."
Celtic opposed the SPL's acceptance of a deal with broadcaster Setanta in 2008, insisting that Sky would have been a better option.
With Setanta having gone into administration, the SPL were this summer forced to accept a deal on reduced terms from Sky and ESPN.
"All I was trying to do was to say we've got a problem because we took a decision on a certain basis, it was a wrong way to do it; it cost us a lot of money and don't let's do it again," added Reid.
The preliminary results show that Celtic's bank debt is down to £1.51m net of cash - a reduction of more than £2m. But pre-tax profit also fell, from £4.44m to £2m.
"I think we've done better than most in difficult financial circumstances," Reid said.
Celtic missed out on a fourth consecutive SPL title last season with Rangers claiming the championship on the last day of the season.
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/46209000/jpg/_46209028_mowbray_presser_282b_sns.jpg Mowbray's arrival at Celtic has prompted spending by the club

Since then, Gordon Strachan has been replaced as manager by Tony Mowbray and Reid is pleased the club have been able to fund several transfer deals.
"It will take time, he will want to build his own team," said Reid.
"Part of our job is to keep this company and club so stable that we can provide resources for him to do that but the one thing that we all need to give him is time.
"Last year, we came second in the SPL and I don't find that satisfactory. That is why our new manager is now building a new set-up here. I think he's made great strides forward in a very short period of time.
"We've tried to give him the resources, even in these difficult times.
"I've obviously gotten to know Tony pretty well over the past few weeks. I think he has established a fabulous rapport with management, playing staff and the supporters of Celtic Football Club and I think he'll go from strength to strength. I think he can be a great manager here."
The transfer activity at Celtic has not been mirrored by their Old Firm rivals with Rangers yet to add to their squad.
Reid added: "This year already if you look around Scotland, you won't find many clubs bringing in players but we brought in Zaluska, N'Guemo, Fortune, Fox, three young players from Stockport and we'll continue to look at other players.
"So we will always reinvest the monies we get for financial stability - i.e. profits - in the playing side of this club. The playing side has to be successful in order to give us that economic stability and when we get that financial stability, the money will go back into the players."

:agree:

I don't think The Tache himself will take kindly to being lectured by the likes of John Reid who obviously thinks himself as some kind of Csar for Scottish fitba.

"Butt out" Mr Reid and mind your own business.

:grr:

Future17
15-08-2009, 08:56 AM

That is sickening coming from Reid. Let's not forget that Reid is accused of being responsible for war crimes by certain people, he's alledgedly corrupt and has blatantly generated personal profit from a war he helped to start.

The fact he holds a lofty position at "the best club in the world" should be an embarrassment to their fans. Although, in their defence, I think most Celtc fans hate Reid as much as they hate Lawwell.

CropleyWasGod
15-08-2009, 08:58 AM
That is sickening coming from Reid. Let's not forget that Reid is accused of being responsible for war crimes by certain people, he's alledgedly corrupt and has blatantly generated personal profit from a war he helped to start.

How so?

PaulSmith
15-08-2009, 09:06 AM
How can Scottish football 'lose' £75m that it never had in the first place?

Jack
15-08-2009, 09:45 AM
Well Mr Reid, if we’re going to have openness in Scottish football lets start a list of all the double, dubious dealing your lot and your bigots in arms have inflicted on the Scottish game over the years.

Typical two faced, double standard, lying politician.

sahib
15-08-2009, 09:52 AM
How so?

Some time prior to the "war on terror" he had foolishly purchased 50,000 orange boiler suits off a stall in the Barras. He managed to offload them to Dick Cheney at a handsome profit allegedly.

lucky
15-08-2009, 09:53 AM
John Reid is correct that the SPL is down £75m, However he is using hindsight. If Setanta had not gone bust would he be publicly saying he got it wrong? I doubt it.

As for the allegation he made personal gain out of a war he voted in favour for. I think that is absolute rubbish and has no place on the the main board.

stubru59
15-08-2009, 10:28 AM
This is the man who said British soldiers would go to Afghanistan and not fire a shot.

Nobody believed him then and nobody with any sense would believe anything he said relating to football.