PDA

View Full Version : Goog luck Yogi and the team -but

spatzhibs
15-08-2009, 08:30 AM
After scoring only one goal in our last three pre season games and to be honest we never really were an attacking threat against Blackburn and Bolton I think we will struggle today and it will get harder as the season goes on.
Mcbride and Clegg were one game away from first division football last season and look like being our engine room this season.
Yogi has to be backed with hard cash from the board as the loss of Jones and fletch will become more appart as the season goes on.
I can see us getting beat today (hope not) but if it was to show the board we need to get a few more players in it may be more beneficial in the long rung

Saorsa
15-08-2009, 08:34 AM
After scoring only one goal in our last three pre season games and to be honest we never really were an attacking threat against Blackburn and Bolton I think we will struggle today and it will get harder as the season goes on.
Mcbride and Clegg were one game away from first division football last season and look like being our engine room this season.
Yogi has to be backed with hard cash from the board as the loss of Jones and fletch will become more appart as the season goes on.
I can see us getting beat today (hope not) but if it was to show the board we need to get a few more players in it may be more beneficial in the long rungIs he the new signing that's no been revealed yet :dunno: where did you get the scoop? :dunno:

rainman
15-08-2009, 08:37 AM
I can see us getting beat today (hope not) but if it was to show the board we need to get a few more players in it may be more beneficial in the long rung

What makes you think we'll get beat?

How are St Mirren looking this season?

Did the St Mirren board back their manager with hard cash?

We had idiots wanting us to get beat last season to push the board into sacking Mixu. Now, on the first day of the new season, new manager in, new signings in early and settled in, your saying it may not be a bad thing for us to lose the opening day fixure?

Unbelievable.

spatzhibs
15-08-2009, 08:37 AM
Cregg sorry

Golden Bear
15-08-2009, 08:38 AM

He's renowned for his biting tackles I believe.

:wink:

H18sry
15-08-2009, 08:39 AM
Can I just add :agree:

Gaz fae Leith
15-08-2009, 08:40 AM
Is he the new signing that's no been revealed yet :dunno: where did you get the scoop? :dunno:

Na he was in last of the summer wine with Foggy & Compo.:faf:

Pedantic_Hibee
15-08-2009, 08:41 AM
Sniff.

Golden Bear
15-08-2009, 08:43 AM
Sniff.

:agree:

Being closely monitored I believe

Jim44
15-08-2009, 08:46 AM

God help us. According to you, not only are we in for a gubbing today but it's going to get worse. We might as well apply for entry to the 1st Division right now. What a load of guff............I smell a rat. :greengrin

spatzhibs
15-08-2009, 08:46 AM
why would I be monitored closely or otherwise

Barney McGrew
15-08-2009, 08:47 AM
Mcbride and Clegg were one game away from first division football last season and look like being our engine room this season

Hertz managed a massive one goal more than us in their last three preseason games.

And their big name summer signing did get relegated

Franck is God
15-08-2009, 08:49 AM
we didn't score in our last two games away from home to Premiership opposition who were at the same stage of pre-season as us....and we were actually missing attacking talent from the line up due to injury.

Forgive me if I don't panic yet. The SPL defences/midfields aren't nearly as strong as the ones we've just faced. I'm not saying we'll win every week as that would be stupid but we have prepared well against quality oppostion and showed up well.

Our defence is looking strong with Bamba taking over from Jones and the clean sheets have backed that up.

Our midfield is looking good adding Cregg & McBride and the return of Zemmama has surely strengthened. Wotherspoon and Galbraith have the potential to break through this year too.

We were never in a position to keep/or replace Fletch like for like so we'll have to make do. Nish, Riordan, JJ & Benji are all capable of hitting double figues in the SPL so we are better off than any other SPL club.

I only see reasons for optimism this season and when you add in that we are actually playing football again it just makes me happy :thumbsup:

matty_f
15-08-2009, 08:55 AM
we didn't score in our last two games away from home to Premiership opposition who were at the same stage of pre-season as us....and we were actually missing attacking talent from the line up due to injury.

Forgive me if I don't panic yet. The SPL defences/midfields aren't nearly as strong as the ones we've just faced. I'm not saying we'll win every week as that would be stupid but we have prepared well against quality oppostion and showed up well.

Our defence is looking strong with Bamba taking over from Jones and the clean sheets have backed that up.

Our midfield is looking good adding Cregg & McBride and the return of Zemmama has surely strengthened. Wotherspoon and Galbraith have the potential to break through this year too.

We were never in a position to keep/or replace Fletch like for like so we'll have to make do. Nish, Riordan, JJ & Benji are all capable of hitting double figues in the SPL so we are better off than any other SPL club.

I only see reasons for optimism this season and when you add in that we are actually playing football again it just makes me happy :thumbsup:

Not only that, but Yogi has gone on record as saying that the board are actively trying to get players in (i.e. backing him with 'hard cash') and that there's definitely be new players in before the window closes.

Have to say, the opening post is one of the worst attempts I've seen in a while.:greengrin

Hibbyradge
15-08-2009, 09:14 AM

Careful you don't fall.

Zimmy
15-08-2009, 09:18 AM

Spatzhibs? Hardly original is it. :yawn:

Jack
15-08-2009, 09:37 AM
God help us. According to you, not only are we in for a gubbing today but it's going to get worse. We might as well apply for entry to the 1st Division right now. What a load of guff............I smell a rat. :greengrin

Oh naw spatz, you're dead right we never thought of that. But Jim I think we should apply to go into administration, a sure fire way of getting a place in the 3rd Division.

It would two great derbies. One against Livi and the other against the yams, who haven't beaten us for something like 18 months in the league.

Our signings, for the record, against what dregs they have scraped up

Hearts
David Witteveen free transfer, WAC/St. Andrä
Dawid Kucharski free transfer, KKS Lech Poznan
Ian Black free transfer, Inverness Caledonian Thistle
Suso free transfer, CD Teneriffa
Ismaël Bouzid, ???, MKE Ankaragücü
José Gonçalves, back from loan, 1.FC Nürnberg

Note, unless you're a European football expert its unlikely you'll have heard of any of these clubs except the relegated ICT.

Note, Hearts the only club ever to have tipped a Spanish waiter to become a winger in the SPL!!!

Hibs
Patrick Cregg, free transfer, Falkirk
Graham Stack, free transfer, Plymouth Argyle
Daniel Galbraith, free transfer, Manchester United
Kevin McBride, free transfer, Falkirk
Abdessalam Benjelloun, back from loan, KSV Roeselare

Now I’m not sure about Plymouth Argyle (where an ex Arsenal keeper came from) but most have been played in European competitions rather than the lowest professional leagues in European countries.

I’ll stick with what we’ve got so far and the yams can sink with theirs.

MyJo
15-08-2009, 09:46 AM
beat it :lolyam:

NAE NOOKIE
15-08-2009, 10:19 AM

How will you be able to see " us " getting beat today. The Yam game is on Monday.

The_Todd
15-08-2009, 10:22 AM

We're Hibs, of course we can normally expect to lose a game we should win.

For the record, I think the losses of Aguiar, Karapidis and [eventually] Driver will get more apparent too.

PISTOL1875
15-08-2009, 10:50 AM

How many teams in Scotland are the same type of opposition as those teams.. ?? Only the OF come anywhere close to that level..........

Dashing Bob S
15-08-2009, 10:58 AM

Not only that, but Yogi has gone on record as saying that the board are actively trying to get players in (i.e. backing him with 'hard cash') and that there's definitely be new players in before the window closes.

Have to say, the opening post is one of the worst attempts I've seen in a while.:greengrin

Completely. LTYF.

Jack
15-08-2009, 11:32 AM

Oh, he can do it at a national level as well :cool2:

As a Hibs fan I cant really get excited about third rate players who get outplayed by Norway-and as for the "Tartan Army" they are a total embarassment.As for us singing Flower of Scotland at the Bolton I have never felt so nauseos :grr::grr:

Deary, deary me :bitchy:

Hibbyradge
15-08-2009, 11:43 AM
Enough already.

basehibby
15-08-2009, 12:06 PM

I disagree that we'll lose today but think the OP has a point in that Yogi needs to be backed by the board to bring in some quality - although the recent interview with Hughes suggests this will happen before the window closes anyway.

From this and his previous posts re Scotland it's clear to me that Spatz is a bit of a misery and inclined to the glass half empty POV in all things - but is this tendency to being a miserable barsteward REALLY cause to ban him???

H1bs6H3arts2 FC
15-08-2009, 06:09 PM

FUD :ostrich: - 10/1 the big Algerian gets sent off on monday night !!! :agree:

judas
15-08-2009, 07:06 PM

I agree with everything you say and you were right too.

Hibs squeezed a win out of this game against a truly awful 10 man St Mirren side.

It is not all Hughes fault. I was a supporter of the board and its retaining of previous big ticket player sales cash, but I believe the sale funds of Fletch & Jones should have been reinvested into the playing staff.

Hughes signings to date have been gash. This will show itself over the course of the season.

Your post is the most rational assessment I have seen, but the main difference between us, is that you seem to care. Apathy has taken a hold of me where Scottish Football is concerned.

RoYO!
15-08-2009, 09:39 PM
I agree with everything you say and you were right too.

Hibs squeezed a win out of this game against a truly awful 10 man St Mirren side.

It is not all Hughes fault. I was a supporter of the board and its retaining of previous big ticket player sales cash, but I believe the sale funds of Fletch & Jones should have been reinvested into the playing staff.

Hughes signings to date have been gash. This will show itself over the course of the season.

Your post is the most rational assessment I have seen, but the main difference between us, is that you seem to care. Apathy has taken a hold of me where Scottish Football is concerned.

you're fishing no? hughes signings gash- so you were not a fan of cregg and mcbride today?- tipped by many as motm and with good pre seasons. Or maybe danny galbraith- clearly he has no hope in football??

if apathy has taken hold perhaps take bobby wiliamsons advice and try the cinema.

RoYO!
15-08-2009, 09:44 PM
also didnt see it as squeezing out a win, that goal was coming for the entire 2nd half especially towards the end and could have scored a few.

mcbride drive, rankin tipped over, nish hits bar, benji- a few, took deflections for corners.

OtterHibee
15-08-2009, 10:10 PM
also didnt see it as squeezing out a win, that goal was coming for the entire 2nd half especially towards the end and could have scored a few.

mcbride drive, rankin tipped over, nish hits bar, benji- a few, took deflections for corners.

:agree: Hanlon had a couple of cracking efforts as well. Were it not for some superb goalkeeping from Gallacher I'm convinced we would have scored at least a couple more.