PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Season, Fellow Greens!

Dashing Bob S
14-08-2009, 08:58 PM
King football is back and I can't wait to get down to ER tomorrow! It's been a rocky couple of years, after Mogga put us on the map and JC took over, securing the League Cup with TM's team, before going into a tailspin where we had to sell and his inexperience showed, and then came the big disappointment and false start of Mixu's tenure.

But now we have Yogi. I'm optimistic, I think he's Mowbray with added steel and guile, and he's one of us. This man has been a success beyond anyone's expectations in everything he's done on the football field, and I think he'll have Hibs overperforming once he's given time to put his stamp on our team.

Some of us are still a wee bit traumatised by events of the last 18 months, and we're justifiably wary of putting our heads over the parapet again. However, while there's never any guarantees, he's already restored some passion and vision to the club.

So I'm convinced we're back on track and I'm genuinely excited about this coming season.

So I wish all my fellow Hibernian devotees a happy and memorable season, with plenty of love, laughter and fun on and off the park.

Let's get ready to rock!!!!

Hibernianinc
14-08-2009, 09:10 PM
:agree:

Absolutely Sir Bob.

Night before the new season Hibs are just the best team in the world, and no-one can argue.

:thumbsup:

The Harp
14-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Re Happy New Season, Fellow Greens! :top marks
The kind of post it's good to see on the eve of a new season.
Well done that man and a' the Best to all members of the Hibernian family. Here's hoping we have a season to remember for all the right reasons.
God Bless the Hibs!

Aubenas
14-08-2009, 09:41 PM
Sir Bob, you are a tonic - and a credit to our generation!!!!
Enjoy the season!:thumbsup::agree::greengrin:scarf::rockin:

AardvarkHibs
15-08-2009, 12:03 AM
Night before the first game I really believe anything is possible. I imagine league titles and Scottish cups. I really do. But that is why football is the greatest game in the world, start of the season, eveyone thinks it might be their year. Maybe? This time? For all the doom and gloom, there is that crazy bit of hope. Somewhere in Peth there is a St Johnstone fan that thinks if somehow they can scrape maybe twenty lucky one nil wins they might have a chance.
I love the hope. i love the utter lack of reality. Here we go Hibs, new season, new chance, our time?

Come on :agree:

Pete
15-08-2009, 12:49 AM
King football is back and I can't wait to get down to ER tomorrow! It's been a rocky couple of years, after Mogga put us on the map and JC took over, securing the League Cup with TM's team, before going into a tailspin where we had to sell and his inexperience showed, and then came the big disappointment and false start of Mixu's tenure.

But now we have Yogi. I'm optimistic, I think he's Mowbray with added steel and guile, and he's one of us. This man has been a success beyond anyone's expectations in everything he's done on the football field, and I think he'll have Hibs overperforming once he's given time to put his stamp on our team.

Some of us are still a wee bit traumatised by events of the last 18 months, and we're justifiably wary of putting our heads over the parapet again. However, while there's never any guarantees, he's already restored some passion and vision to the club.

So I'm convinced we're back on track and I'm genuinely excited about this coming season.

So I wish all my fellow Hibernian devotees a happy and memorable season, with plenty of love, laughter and fun on and off the park.

I'm with you.

I've seen the way Falkirk have played over the last few seasons...and I'm looking for the transfer of the same football coupled with the obvious hibernian leanings the man has.

To be honest, even if we do flop this season I'm willing to give him time to get it right. All the ingredients are there and sometimes the best meals take the longest time to create.

I love everything about our new manager and for me the X factor is back...like we had when mowbray and Mcleish were managing and when Sauzee was playing.

It's time to believe!:thumbsup:

CalgaryHibs
15-08-2009, 12:55 AM
i've never like the idea of ex-hibs player been the gaffer of our club. I sure hope Yogi proves me wrong .

matty_f
15-08-2009, 12:59 AM
I'm with you.

I've seen the way Falkirk have played over the last few seasons...and I'm looking for the transfer of the same football coupled with the obvious hibernian leanings the man has.

To be honest, even if we do flop this season I'm willing to give him time to get it right. All the ingredients are there and sometimes the best meals take the longest time to create.

I love everything about our new manager and for me the X factor is back...like we had when mowbray and Mcleish were managing and when Sauzee was playing.

It's time to believe!:thumbsup:

No doubt setting ourselves up for total disappointment later on today, but I'm totally with you on this one.:thumbsup:

Yogi IS the man to take us on. He grew Falkirk while he was there, taking them from a first division team to a regular SPL side, with great training facilities and a successful youth set up, all on a tiny budget.

Coming to Hibs, where the set up is already first rate, he has a massive, massive opportunity to grow the club again, rebuilding from what Mixu left behind and trying to push on from the levels that Mowbray took us to.

I'm not that fussed about this season in terms of expectations, I expect us to be better than last year, and to be entertaining and hard working.

Looking beyond this season, we should be regular contenders for third place. Looking at the set up at Hibs now, it's absolutely criminal that we're not already in that position.

Hughes and Rice will take us forward, of that I have no doubt - and I know that coming through the ranks we have some great talent for the next few years, with determined, ambitious, and hugely talented coaching staff to bring them through.

Exciting times ahead for Hibernian FC. :flag::flag::flag:

CalgaryHibs
15-08-2009, 01:02 AM
mattie !!!

go to bed mate !!!!:greengrin

matty_f
15-08-2009, 01:08 AM
mattie !!!

:agree: Watching a Manchester bands documentary on BBC 4 - should really just sky plus it!

'mon the Hibs!!

Owain_1987
15-08-2009, 01:09 AM
I can not wait will miss first few games due to being in Cardiff but just want say 'mon Hibs lets do it. Its shocking but every year think we have a chance to do the treble and no different today :greengrin

Pete
15-08-2009, 01:17 AM
mattie !!!

The last team to use the "I believe" mantra was Burley's hearts..and they done not too shabby.

I think we have a real reason to use the phrase.

His name is Mr Hughes and his team play in the famous green!

MGmick
15-08-2009, 01:24 AM
"So I wish all my fellow Hibernian devotees a happy and memorable season, with plenty of love, laughter and fun on and off the park.

Let's get ready to rock!!!! " Courtesy DBS

:cheers:

Wot he said!!!

Saorsa
15-08-2009, 07:14 AM

Let's get ready to rock!!!!:top marks

Here we go again :greengrin :thumbsup:

'Mon the Hibs:flag::scarf::scarf::flag:

Darth Hibbie
15-08-2009, 07:22 AM
:thumbsup::flag::flag::woohoo::woohoo::scarf::part y:

marinello59
15-08-2009, 07:26 AM
:flag: GGTTH:flag:

Sprouleflyer
15-08-2009, 07:49 AM
Can't beat waking up on a Saturday morning with a slight hangover that you know will disappear with your first bacon roll, getting dressed and putting on all your lucky Hibs charms, reaching for your scarf and heading down to the pub before the game.

Thank fluck the season is here!!!!!

C'mon the cabbage!! :thumbsup:

Judas Iscariot
15-08-2009, 08:04 AM

:top marks

Mon The Hibees :thumbsup:

Saorsa
15-08-2009, 08:08 AM
Can't beat waking up on a Saturday morning with a slight hangover that you know will disappear with your first bacon roll, getting dressed and putting on all your lucky Hibs charms, reaching for your scarf and heading down to the pub before the game.

Thank fluck the season is here!!!!!

C'mon the cabbage!! :thumbsup:No yet it's no, time for the Irn-Bru methinks :drunk: :bevvied!: :greengrin

:flag:

Dashing Bob S
15-08-2009, 08:24 AM
Can't believe I'm up so early on a Saturday, spurning the better half's seductive husky tones and stay-in-bed eyes, in favour of posting on Hibs net and digging out one's clobber for the first contest of 'seas'.

Have already posted on most of my attire, so won't bore you again, but while the met office say the rain is to clear up by around 2.00 and sunshine will be the order of the day on Leith, I know those devils of old, so thus retain a certain cynicism. Therefore i'll be debuting an understated Wool Whipchord Raincoat from Brook Taverner, in addition to the attire purchased at Manchester Harvey Nicks during last weeks rewarding Lancashire trip.

Feel pumped up enough so I will avoid coffee in favour of a pot of Earl Grey and reasonably hearty breakfast of scrambled egg and smoked salmon, followed by an almond croissant. Then I intend to throw on the 'tracky' and pound the mean streets of south-west Edina, perhaps even venturing down Gorgie Road in order to enjoy a fly little bask in the moral and social superiority such a jaunt inevitably affords.

There should be enough time to attend to romantic duties before showering and grooming and heading out to the Royal Scot club for a pre-match lunch and glass of beer, then onto a hostelry down by the stadium.

NAE NOOKIE
15-08-2009, 10:31 AM
What an unrealistic, head in the sand, cloud cucoo land, over optomistic thread.

I'm with you mate.

Lets get it on !!!

Mone the Hibs

:thumbsup: