PDA

View Full Version : Benji to score winner tommorow

down-the-slope
14-08-2009, 06:16 PM
:greengrin at least thats what he told Yogi......

I would be pleased if he did come on and do just that.

Will never forget his Derby goal and canter towards the Yams...Its one of the few decent saves Zibby made when he stopped him getting full lenghth of the pitch :cool2:

Jaz
14-08-2009, 06:23 PM
You wouldn't put it past him to get the winner tomorrow.

Yogi can't really loose with Benji. Wasn't part of his plans and if he comes good great, Yogi will get the praise. If he does nowt Yogi can punt him and nobody will criticise him.

homielang
14-08-2009, 06:33 PM
Is Yogi even going to out him on the pitch? He hasn't exactly trained much with the team and I have a feeling he will get a less than enthusiastic reception at ER.

zlatan
14-08-2009, 06:43 PM
Due to lack of strikers I'ld imagine he'll be on the bench at least.

down-the-slope
14-08-2009, 07:33 PM
Due to lack of strikers I'ld imagine he'll be on the bench at least.

Yup hes in the squad acording to Yogi...as has been said Yogi can't lose..if he gets him playing the way we know he can then he has a free striker of great quality..if not then no one would blame him given recent history.

Is his history worse than Deeks who ran down his contract giving Hibs no fee and signed a pre-contract with the smellies.

If Benji trains (as Yogi says he is) and plays to even 80% of his potential we have a player on our hands..and we are light in the game turning player department (only Zemamma & Deeks have that) so it could really help the squad to have him....also if he plays well we could also get a fee that seemed doubtful in recent months

zlatan
14-08-2009, 07:43 PM
Yup hes in the squad acording to Yogi...as has been said Yogi can't lose..if he gets him playing the way we know he can then he has a free striker of great quality..if not then no one would blame him given recent history.

Is his history worse than Deeks who ran down his contract giving Hibs no fee and signed a pre-contract with the smellies.

If Benji trains (as Yogi says he is) and plays to even 80% of his potential we have a player on our hands..and we are light in the game turning player department (only Zemamma & Deeks have that) so it could really help the squad to have him....also if he plays well we could also get a fee that seemed doubtful in recent months

Having just watched Yogis latest interview on the BBC site I have to admit that I'm finally a little excited about this season, him and Benji sounds best buddies already, I really really hope he comes good for us.

hibsbollah
14-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Having just watched Yogis latest interview on the BBC site I have to admit that I'm finally a little excited about this season, him and Benji sounds best buddies already, I really really hope he comes good for us.

It doesnt matter what Yogi says, the hibs.net witchsmellers have got Benji in their sights because he 'disrespected the club' BOOOO:grr:

:rolleyes:

GIRFU them Benji:thumbsup:

down-the-slope
14-08-2009, 08:02 PM

I think that his relaxed attitude and total enthusiasm for the club is rubbing of on players and fans alike...I just hope that some slack is cut for any set backs on what is quite a re-building.

What I like is that he seems to be keen to 'Father' the players and get them onside..however I think that as he is so relaxed they will get a shock if they over step the mark and he blows his stack :rolleyes:

stubru59
14-08-2009, 08:11 PM
Lost a bit of weight, quotes earlier this week that he was "up to speed". I reckon he will be on the bench and it would not in the least surprise me if he scored.

And, if he does, I will cheer him no less than any other Hibs player.

Mon_the_cabbage
14-08-2009, 08:12 PM
I think that his relaxed attitude and total enthusiasm for the club is rubbing of on players and fans alike...I just hope that some slack is cut for any set backs on what is quite a re-building.

What I like is that he seems to be keen to 'Father' the players and get them onside..however I think that as he is so relaxed they will get a shock if they over step the mark and he blows his stack :rolleyes:

No wonder our new goalie signing took so long!!! :shocked:

down-the-slope
14-08-2009, 08:14 PM
It doesnt matter what Yogi says, the hibs.net witchsmellers have got Benji in their sights because he 'disrespected the club' BOOOO:grr:

:rolleyes:

GIRFU them Benji:thumbsup:

:agree: let he who is without sin cast the first stone :wink:

stubru59
14-08-2009, 08:15 PM
Lost a bit of weight, quotes earlier this week that he was "up to speed". I reckon he will be on the bench and it would not in the least surprise me if he scored.

And, if he does, I will cheer him no less than any other Hibs player.

Edit. This part of the soap opera might actually be worth the admission money.

Bunter
14-08-2009, 08:53 PM

No wonder our new goalie signing took so long!!! :shocked:
Surely that would have speeded up the signing. :devil:

Toaods
14-08-2009, 09:59 PM
guys like Benji with talent have a certain swagger and cockiness about them, they need to be like that.

Nothing would please me more tomorrow than to see him score and get his head fully tuned in to performing for us. To wish anything less doesn't make sense.

monktonharp
14-08-2009, 11:24 PM
guys like Benji with talent have a certain swagger and cockiness about them, they need to be like that.

Nothing would please me more tomorrow than to see him score and get his head fully tuned in to performing for us. To wish anything less doesn't make sense.I dont wish it,but do doubt it............wait a minute,suddenly we have a fitba' player who,about 2 weeks ago was someone that wanted well oot of HFC,yet now this cocky,swaggering "jack the lad" is gonnae turn it all round,and become the darling of the terraces.:yawn:

lyonhibs
15-08-2009, 12:43 AM
[QUOTE=down-the-slope;2130085]I think that his relaxed attitude and total enthusiasm for the club is rubbing of on players and fans alike...I just hope that some slack is cut for any set backs on what is quite a re-building.

What I like is that he seems to be keen to 'Father' the players and get them onside..I wish him the very best of luck with Colin Nish on this one.......... :cool2:however I think that as he is so relaxed they will get a shock if they over step the mark and he blows his stack :rolleyes: - One assumes this is a deliberate - though admittedly pish - "play on words". If not, I can't be the only one thinking "flips his lid" or "crunks his junk" would have been a better option............... :confused:QUOTE]

Steve-O
15-08-2009, 12:46 AM
Is Yogi even going to out him on the pitch? He hasn't exactly trained much with the team and I have a feeling he will get a less than enthusiastic reception at ER.

He's gay? Mibbe this explains why his heids been all over the place :agree:

Big90inOz
15-08-2009, 01:03 AM
After listening to Yogi's interview and his comment on Benji's efforts in the bounce game I doubt he will even make the bench.

HibeeMcGinn1
15-08-2009, 01:41 AM
After listening to Yogi's interview and his comment on Benji's efforts in the bounce game I doubt he will even make the bench.

How come :confused: I thought the exact opposite

Big90inOz
15-08-2009, 03:41 AM
How come :confused: I thought the exact opposite

It was a bit late last night when I listened to the interview but I'm sure Yogi was none too impressed by Benji's effort. Tie this in with Yogi's philosophy of everyone regardless of who you are needs to work hard for the team and I can't see Benji kicking a ball until he shows he is prepared to put the effort in.

Still think Yogi will punt him if an offer comes in.

It's a shame because the guy has all the skill to play at a high level but doesn't appear to have the mental strength required.

Iain G
15-08-2009, 03:47 AM
I dont wish it,but do doubt it............wait a minute,suddenly we have a fitba' player who,about 2 weeks ago was someone that wanted well oot of HFC,yet now this cocky,swaggering "jack the lad" is gonnae turn it all round,and become the darling of the terraces.:yawn:

From what Yogi has said he wants players at the club who wan't to be there and want to play 100% for Hibs in every game, on past performances we know this isn't Benji.

I don't think he will be here beyond January, if not out before hand, just the guys character and Yogi's plans for Hibs seem to be polar opposites. If John Collins couldn't get him playing to his full capability and potential week in week out, a manager Benji is on record as saying he respected and looked up to, I don't think Yogi will. Shame really.

ChilliEater
15-08-2009, 05:10 AM

With JJ injured and Byrne recovering from his operation, he might not have any choice. It only leaves Nish and Deeks, but I suspect a 90% fit Byrne would get the nod until Benji proves he's up for it.

GreenCastle
15-08-2009, 03:43 PM
Hum.......

Bristolhibby
15-08-2009, 03:45 PM
Benji, Benji, Benji, Benji!!!

scott7_0(Prague)
15-08-2009, 03:45 PM

Will never forget his Derby goal and canter towards the Yams...Its one of the few decent saves Zibby made when he stopped him getting full lenghth of the pitch :cool2:

Can you give your lottery numbers please?

KingFranck
15-08-2009, 04:32 PM
always bet a result and a first scorer 2nd half saw Benji warming up and put him down for 1st in second half.Ladbrokes at stadium didnt have odds anyone know what odds i will get when i collect JJ on coupon as 6-1 so maybe same?

VegasHibby
15-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Like everyone on here I've been disgusted with Benji's behaviour. But amazing what a goal can do. A real fairytale start to the season. This is great news for us 'cause it puts loads of pressure on Nish to perform. Which probs won't happen. When he wants to be Benji's a much better player than Nish.
Today made Yogi look like a genius. Maybe he is......

BENJI BENJI BENJI :thumbsup:

CallumHibs07
15-08-2009, 04:35 PM
Well done Benji son, cracking goal!

Dashing Bob S
15-08-2009, 04:44 PM
It was a great goal and we looked far more dangerous up front once he came on. A little cheeky of him grabbing the badge on his chest as he applauded the East.

Hibby_Ed
15-08-2009, 04:51 PM
Well said and played by Benji then haha.

down-the-slope
15-08-2009, 04:55 PM

(Smug self satisfied smiley)

We had less chances than St Mirren before he came on ...suddenly we created much more...and with Deeks and Nish looking like they could play till midnight and not score it was only going to be Benji (or Wotherspoon with a second) that was going to save the bacon

hibeenicol
15-08-2009, 06:28 PM
Have to say i've been one of those slagging the boy off, but only because he was taking the urine out of the club I love. Great goal the day though but still alot more to do IMO before your respected by me.
:flag::flag:

Hamish
15-08-2009, 06:47 PM
always bet a result and a first scorer 2nd half saw Benji warming up and put him down for 1st in second half.Ladbrokes at stadium didnt have odds anyone know what odds i will get when i collect JJ on coupon as 6-1 so maybe same?

Void bet.

Si_17
15-08-2009, 06:51 PM
Absolutely delighted for Benji. The fans in the East corner of the Famous Five who booed him are a disgrace and should hang their heads in shame, but well done to Benji for GIRFU them!:thumbsup:

jgl07
15-08-2009, 06:53 PM
It was a great goal and we looked far more dangerous up front once he came on. A little cheeky of him grabbing the badge on his chest as he applauded the East.
Benji does look streets ahead of any of Hibs' other strikers. He looks strong, fast and sharp.

He looked remarkably fit for someone who has missed most of preseason training.

(((Fergus)))
15-08-2009, 07:08 PM

We had less chances than St Mirren before he came on ...suddenly we created much more...and with Deeks and Nish looking like they could play till midnight and not score it was only going to be Benji (or Wotherspoon with a second) that was going to save the bacon

:thumbsup: Ooh how it must have hurt some people to cheer that goal. :bye:

down-the-slope
15-08-2009, 07:17 PM
:thumbsup: Ooh how it must have hurt some people to cheer that goal. :bye:

:agree: some were almost disappointed..I note that those slagging him off on here past few days (while its OK for Deeks to disrespect the club and be rehabilitated) appear to have dis-appeared.

Yogi has given him a clean slate..and he has started to repay..good enough for me.

PerthHibby
15-08-2009, 07:21 PM
Never clapped or booed him when he came on, but I have to say he looked
sharp and could/should have had a hatrick.

zlatan
15-08-2009, 07:27 PM
A great moment when that went in, the celebration was a great way to show we could well be on our way to becoming a team again.

Hibee_Rab
Can't wait to see him and zouma combining :thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
Never clapped or booed him when he came on, but I have to say he looked
sharp and could/should have had a hatrick.

Same.

I was pretty indifferent towards him when he came out to warm up and also when he was coming on. However he did play well today for the 20 minutes that he was on and that will do for me.

I know he has the ability to score goals for Hibs and if he applies himself and works hard for the team, I will be more than happy to have him at the club.

VegasHibby
15-08-2009, 07:35 PM
Can't wait to see him and zouma combining :thumbsup:

Yes a mouthwatering prospect. You know Zouma will do everything to create goals for his friend. Is Zouma back next week ?....

PISTOL1875
15-08-2009, 07:38 PM
Yes a mouthwatering prospect. You know Zouma will do everything to create goals for his friend. Is Zouma back next week ?....

Once Zemmama comes back , he will give us the bit of directness and creativity we were missing today.... Also , the bit of speed our play is lacking just now......

down-the-slope
15-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Hats off to the many posters who have said they were not overjoyed / didn't clap when he came on....but dod not boo....and are happy if he gets his head down and works for the team etc

A very pragmatic approach :top marks

I think mention should go to Yogi for getting him onside and wanting to play for him...also as well as his substitution of Benji putting Galbraith on as well turned the game and with one providing and the other scoring...not a bad debut in the real games for the manager :greengrin

Cool_Hand_Luke
15-08-2009, 08:03 PM
Applauded him when he was warming up and when he was brought on, and was delighted he scored the winner today :agree: and thought his celebration was fantastic.
Also had a laugh when he gave the fingers (jokingly) to Hughes before going up the tunnel...shows there is a good spirit there :agree:

Welcome back Benji :thumbsup:

hibsdaft
15-08-2009, 08:04 PM
I think mention should go to Yogi for getting him onside and wanting to play for him...

trust Yogi on Benji :agree::agree:

NaeTechnoHibby
15-08-2009, 08:09 PM
Void bet.

Shiee-iite, I just ripped ours up :boo hoo:

I naver normally do that :bitchy:

Malthibby
15-08-2009, 08:10 PM
Peach of a header as well....if Hughes can get him playing then my view of the season brightens considerably. We are neat and hard working, but the Moroccans can provide the flair to turn it into something more.
GG

Hamish
16-08-2009, 10:05 AM
Shiee-iite, I just ripped ours up :boo hoo:

I naver normally do that :bitchy:

Ehhhhh...... I was winding KingFranck up. He's a mate:duck:

Hibbyradge
16-08-2009, 10:17 AM

Well done predicting Benji's goal, but we had a lot more chances than St Mirren even before we went to 3 up front.

KingFranck
16-08-2009, 10:18 AM
Void bet.

Not so Hamish boy in Tranent Ladbrokes says i need to wait 24 hours after match cos guy at ER has no access to a computer to add additional odds

Hamish
16-08-2009, 10:20 AM
Not so Hamish boy in Tranent Ladbrokes says i need to wait 24 hours after match cos guy at ER has no access to a computer to add additional odds

I know Derek:greengrin

KingFranck
16-08-2009, 10:24 AM
just saw your other post Hamish ha ha btw was at Aileens wedding last night with Gaz and he's off to Old Trafford and was getting picked up at 6.30am ! it was a late night so doubt he went to sleep at all

hibees59
16-08-2009, 10:56 AM
Just to let you know, Ladbrokes offered 20/1 on Benji coming off the bench and scoring the winner. They lost quite a few quid yesterday :wink:

Toaods
16-08-2009, 11:09 AM

no need to get smug, you just stated that Benji had told Yogi he would score the winner, so it wasn't really a predicition from you.

(never lost faith smiley)....:wink:

KingFranck
16-08-2009, 03:23 PM
Just to let you know, Ladbrokes offered 20/1 on Benji coming off the bench and scoring the winner. They lost quite a few quid yesterday :wink:
Different bet for me though hibees59 - first scorer second half got 10-1 and picked winnings up today :thumbsup: