PDA

View Full Version : Benji

HIBEETILLIDIE
14-08-2009, 01:31 PM
Just wondered how everyone would feel if Benji was named as a sub tomorrow-yes i know he has missed pre-season, but he may have kept himself in good shape and yogi was quoted re how fit Benji looked.

So would it be a big boo if his name was announced and discourage him further or would it be a big cheer to try to lift him?:hmmm:

scott7_0(Prague)
14-08-2009, 01:39 PM
Just wondered how everyone would feel if Benji was named as a sub tomorrow-yes i know he has missed pre-season, but he may have kept himself in good shape and yogi was quoted re how fit Benji looked.

So would it be a big boo if his name was announced and discourage him further or would it be a big cheer to try to lift him?:hmmm:

Why would you BOO a Hibs player?

:confused::confused:

bigstu
14-08-2009, 01:45 PM

that's exactly what i would usually say but i'm really angry at the guy and they way he has PI$$ed all over our club so i don't really know how i'll react.

poolman
14-08-2009, 01:46 PM
that's exactly what i would usually say but i'm really angry at the guy and they way he has PI$$ed all over our club so i don't really know how i'll react.

No need to worry

There's no way he'll be near the bench IMO

RIP
14-08-2009, 01:50 PM

Is that how you interpreted Yogi's comments?

I know he said that Benji had come back "very lean" - I interpreted that as "too skinny" i.e. hadn't been eating well, looking after himself, short on muscle?

zlatan
14-08-2009, 01:50 PM
Benji :not worth

Phil D. Rolls
14-08-2009, 01:51 PM

I'd never boo a player unless he showed that he had no interest in playing. It's up to the manager, if he selects Benji then he must think he can do a job.

magnificent_seven
14-08-2009, 01:57 PM

Bit rich calling him this, when he doesn't even consider himself a Hibs player. I think booing is a petty and childish thing to do with anything but he certainly does not receive praise or a round of applause!

bathhibby
14-08-2009, 02:02 PM
A rousing cheeer until he starts wandering around as a spolit brat and then all bets are off.

If he scores then he is a prodical son ! or am I fickle ?

HIBEETILLIDIE
14-08-2009, 02:06 PM

Gary Caldwell was booed when he revealed his decision to leave, i didn't boo him by the way.
Also there were many times last year when more than a few supporters felt the need to boo-possibly aimed at the management and not the players but maybe a bit of both?

Just curious thats all.

Also re him not getting a sniff of the bench on the bbc website in an interview with yogi it hints that Benji will be in the squad, although i have not heard the interview

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8201532.stm

scott7_0(Prague)
14-08-2009, 02:22 PM
Gary Caldwell was booed when he revealed his decision to leave, i didn't boo him by the way.
Also there were many times last year when more than a few supporters felt the need to boo-possibly aimed at the management and not the players but maybe a bit of both?

Just curious thats all.

Also re him not getting a sniff of the bench on the bbc website in an interview with yogi it hints that Benji will be in the squad, although i have not heard the interview

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8201532.stm

I have read your comments, but again why would you BOO a Hibs player.

Ok Benji has made a few errors in his career but if he has screwed the nut and is willing to give his all then why boo him?

SON OF PADDY
14-08-2009, 02:22 PM
A rousing cheeer until he starts wandering around as a spolit brat and then all bets are off.

If he scores then he is a prodical son ! or am I fickle ?

I agree with you mate , :top marks we also need every player on the park giving it there best !!! so for once folks " how about nae negative ***** towards the boys ". :wink:

ahibby
14-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Well, well we'll see what Benji has maybe. I can't see him getting on but you never know.

Won't boo him if I see him.

hibsboy90
14-08-2009, 02:26 PM
First game of the season, fresh start, some new faces. We may have finished last season in a rut, wasn't fun walking home from pittodrie a few months ago.

If we boo on the first day of the season, then we are a bit of a disgrace IMO.

HIBEETILLIDIE
14-08-2009, 02:32 PM
I have read your comments, but again why would you BOO a Hibs player.

Ok Benji has made a few errors in his career but if he has screwed the nut and is willing to give his all then why boo him?

i never said that i would boo a hibs player-as i wouldn't-it was an open question to gauge how supporters would react as i am sure there may be some who are not too chuffed with Benji given his attitude over the last year.

I personally would welcome him back, but as other posters have already commented on, only if he showed the right attitude and right commitment.

We will just have to wait and see i geuss

Cocaine&Caviar
14-08-2009, 02:34 PM
I'll boo him, without a doubt, might even throw in a bit of name calling...

scott7_0(Prague)
14-08-2009, 02:36 PM

OK moving on to you :greengrin why will you boo him?

Cocaine&Caviar
14-08-2009, 02:41 PM
To show him how his behaviour over the last 12 months has made the fans feel, and to show that if he is going to get anywhere in the football world its not acceptable. Only once his attitude is clearly the way it should be, and hes doing his best for the team, will those boo's turn into cheers, whether hes scoring or not..

hibsdaft
14-08-2009, 02:41 PM
i trust Yogi and will back any player he puts on the park.

Mon Dieu4
14-08-2009, 02:42 PM
To show him how his behaviour over the last 12 months has made the fans feel, and to show that if he is going to get anywhere in the football world its not acceptable. Only once his attitude is clearly the way it should be, and hes doing his best for the team, will those boo's turn into cheers, whether hes scoring or not..

That'll show him :grr:

flash
14-08-2009, 02:44 PM

If that isn't ironic then please don't attend the game as if you are sitting near me and boo it will spoil my day somewhat.

scott7_0(Prague)
14-08-2009, 02:48 PM

Dont you think these points that you are talking about should be left to the manager to sort out and us as fans should be trusting the manager, I mean if Yogi has sorted it and has decided that Benji is fit and willing to give 110% for Hibs then I am happy with that, lets move on and give everyone in a Hibs jersey our full support. Just my opinion like.

HIBEETILLIDIE
14-08-2009, 02:49 PM

Will you qualify your boo so that Benji knows how you are feeling e.g

Boo-but if you get your ar*e in gear and show the right attitude i will then cheer you.

Could be quite a mouthfull though

hibhib7
14-08-2009, 02:58 PM
Ramadan will be coming shortly and we'll probably lose him again for a while. Does anyone know the exact date?

Aspire
14-08-2009, 02:59 PM
Everyone should get a second chance.

We're short on quality this season. Having Zemmama and Benji back could be the difference between 4/5 and 3 (Hopefully a couple of good cup runs)

Judas Iscariot
14-08-2009, 03:01 PM

Bloody hell, i hope i don't get on the wrong side of you...

:rolleyes:

Bob1875
14-08-2009, 03:04 PM
Im sure you'll get the usual idiots booing benji, the same people who will cheer riordan and Murray(if he were playing).

DC_Hibs
14-08-2009, 03:04 PM

You better hope you're not sitting near me.........

truehibernian
14-08-2009, 03:10 PM
Looks and sounds to me that already Yogi is bringing the best out of Benji personality wise and if so it can only be a good thing. Is it also not in Hibs interest to try at all costs to get him playing to a high standard and get a decent fee if indeed he wants to go elsewhere. If we signed a Morrocan international forward tomorrow who had scored at every level and won a trophy with another club would we all not be quite excited ? Give the boy a chance, the same as we did Riordan and Murray IMO

Green Mikey
14-08-2009, 03:21 PM
A few people up on their high horses on this thread:blah:

Football is an emotional game and ellicits emotional responses from fabs. I don't condone the abuse of Hibs player however there is always going to be vocal and emotional reaction to players and the performance on the pitch, booing is one such reaction. With the way Benji has behaved recently his return was always going to cause a reaction amongst the fans. Booing seems like a natural response to the situation and I am certain there may be more extreme reactions than booing amonst the crowd.

A question for all the anti-booing crowd how should a fan discontent at a Hibs game?

Bob1875
14-08-2009, 03:31 PM
A few people up on their high horses on this thread:blah:

Football is an emotional game and ellicits emotional responses from fabs. I don't condone the abuse of Hibs player however there is always going to be vocal and emotional reaction to players and the performance on the pitch, booing is one such reaction. With the way Benji has behaved recently his return was always going to cause a reaction amongst the fans. Booing seems like a natural response to the situation and I am certain there may be more extreme reactions than booing amonst the crowd.

A question for all the anti-booing crowd how should a fan discontent at a Hibs game?

I think fans should get it out their system before the game starts, they know whats happened regarding Benji, what is "booing" going to achieve? Nothing but a detremental affect on the team and we really dont need that tomorrow Im sure everyone will agree.

If Benji comes on, doesnt try a leg and goes in the cream puff then it will be acceptable. Is Benji any worse that DR & IM?

hibiedude
14-08-2009, 03:32 PM

Not the first Hibs player to make a fool out of himself and he won't be the last.

If Benji gets his head sorted then he has my full support

blackpoolhibs
14-08-2009, 03:48 PM
Ramadan will be coming shortly and we'll probably lose him again for a while. Does anyone know the exact date?

Yes its friday the 14th of august. And the time is 16.48.

Deek01
14-08-2009, 04:02 PM
New season, new players, new start.... lets just get right behind the boys in green tomorrow including benji.:agree:

sahib
14-08-2009, 04:25 PM

Please don't feel any need to boo him on my account. Boo for your good self.
I am quite happy to let the manager decide. Personally I want Hibs to win every game and I don't think booing players as they run on to the park is the best way to help the cause.

PISTOL1875
14-08-2009, 04:30 PM
No need to worry

There's no way he'll be near the bench IMO

What makes you say that ?? We only have 2 fit strikers....

Long suffering
14-08-2009, 04:31 PM
Is that how you interpreted Yogi's comments?

I know he said that Benji had come back "very lean" - I interpreted that as "too skinny" i.e. hadn't been eating well, looking after himself, short on muscle?

I took it as a positive thing and that he was in good shape.

Green Mikey
14-08-2009, 04:33 PM
I think fans should get it out their system before the game starts, they know whats happened regarding Benji, what is "booing" going to achieve? Nothing but a detremental affect on the team and we really dont need that tomorrow Im sure everyone will agree.

If Benji comes on, doesnt try a leg and goes in the cream puff then it will be acceptable. Is Benji any worse that DR & IM?

:faf::faf::faf:

So fans should vent their discontent at what happens at a game before they have even been to the game! You must be a phychic to be able to do this:wink:

How would you get your discontent at Benji's actions out before the match....find someone that is wearing a Fez and boo them?

Owain_1987
14-08-2009, 04:36 PM
I would not boo him bit will not clap if he was to come of the bench! I really don't like the guy hope he changes my mind back.

PISTOL1875
14-08-2009, 05:00 PM
I would not boo him bit will not clap if he was to come of the bench! I really don't like the guy hope he changes my mind back.

You going to the game tomorrow mate ??? If so , where you going for a drink ???

CapitalHibs
14-08-2009, 05:18 PM
"but I’ll guarantee that one or two of our players will not do so, because it is hard work – it is hard work being a winner." John Hughes

Does anybody really expect Benji to buy into Yogi's philosophy??

Dashing Bob S
14-08-2009, 05:19 PM
Yes its friday the 14th of august. And the time is 16.48.

At least he got himself in shape for "rammers".

Billychaotic182
14-08-2009, 05:29 PM
AS a person i think he is a wee tw@t.

But as a player he can score goals and thats all it takes. Riordan lets the club down all the time but he never gets booed....in a hibs top:devil:

In Yogi i trust.

Plus i will never boo a hibs player

Sir David Gray
14-08-2009, 05:38 PM
I certainly won't be booing him as he's clearly a highly strung individual and booing him will only give him an excuse to go in the huff.

I don't like how he has acted throughout all of this and I don't believe for one second that he actually wants to be back at Hibs and the only reason that he is back at Easter Road is because none of the teams that he has been touting himself to over the past few months have shown any interest in signing him.

If Al Ahly, Charleroi or Roeselare had offered him a deal, he wouldn't have given Hibs a second thought.

If he comes back into the side, shows a bit of passion and determination and starts to score goals for us then I would be more than happy to have him back because, when he wants to be, he is a talented striker. I won't hold my breath for that actually happening, though.

hibsbollah
14-08-2009, 06:04 PM

If I hear anyone booing benji i will personally confront them and pour lemon juice on a particularly nasty paper cut:grr:

heretoday
14-08-2009, 06:06 PM

Exactly! I've never heard such nonsense. First game of the season and we get into booing mode. Great stuff.

Owain_1987
14-08-2009, 06:15 PM
You going to the game tomorrow mate ??? If so , where you going for a drink ???

I cant still in Cardiff :boo hoo: GGTTH

Owain_1987
14-08-2009, 11:17 PM
Would I boo Benji? NO
Did Benji disrespect Hibernian football Club? Yes
Did he intend to or did he disrespact Mixu? Don't know
Did the supporters disrespect Mixu? Yes
Do i ask myself questions then answer them? apparently

:greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
15-08-2009, 09:35 AM
Benji scored twice in one of only two finals Hibs have won in 30 odd years.

I dont think it helps to boo the players anyway but IMO that should get him a pass, at least for the time being.

If he had stuck around and screwed the nut he would be well on the way to being a Hibs leg end by now or at least got himself a decent transfer.

Anyway I would guess that if he shows the same attitude with the current manager as he has over the last two seasons he will be lucky to stick around as a ball boy, never mind a first team player.

Perspective
15-08-2009, 09:49 AM
I always thought that if Yogi could get Benji back in the country then he'd get him playing.

For all the sniping about his character on her, during his early spell at the club you couldn't wipe the smile off his face and his talent was obvious for all to see. Without making excuses for him he wasn't the only player to take exception to life under Mixu and (as a young boy in a far off country) he also had a lot of personal issues to deal with (passing of his father and divorce).

Any Hibs fan who gave him a negative reaction today would have to be monumentally stupid. If it wasn't already obvious, listen to Yogi's latest BBC interview and listen to the way he talks about Benji. He's the type who needs an arm round the shoulder and encouragement. A negative reaction will see him shrink back into his shell and that is no good to anyone.

If Riordan's antics can be forgiven then Benji deserves the same opportunity and I hope he bangs in the winner today (as promised).

hibsbollah
16-08-2009, 02:26 PM
If I hear anyone booing benji i will personally confront them and pour lemon juice on a particularly nasty paper cut:grr:

Sorry to all those who still smell of jif this morning but it serves you bassas right:greengrin
Benji rules:asshole:

Storar
16-08-2009, 06:52 PM

:hilarious
That's 1st degree bawbaggery right there :faf:

Get it right up you:bye:

jabis
16-08-2009, 07:07 PM

defo :greengrin

Storar
16-08-2009, 07:17 PM
defo :greengrin

same:agree:

Judas Iscariot
16-08-2009, 10:15 PM
same:agree:

Defo same..

Chuckie
16-08-2009, 10:25 PM

Classless..

khib70
17-08-2009, 09:18 AM

What you said:agree:

Have any of the fuds who booed Benji actually summoned up the baws to admit it on here? I suspect not. Anyone who boos anyone wearing a Hibs shirt is a first rate phanny. Period.

Hibbyradge
17-08-2009, 09:25 AM
a first rate phanny. Period.

Now that's what you call an insult! :wink:

Andy74
17-08-2009, 09:32 AM
I always thought that if Yogi could get Benji back in the country then he'd get him playing.

For all the sniping about his character on her, during his early spell at the club you couldn't wipe the smile off his face and his talent was obvious for all to see. Without making excuses for him he wasn't the only player to take exception to life under Mixu and (as a young boy in a far off country) he also had a lot of personal issues to deal with (passing of his father and divorce).

Any Hibs fan who gave him a negative reaction today would have to be monumentally stupid. If it wasn't already obvious, listen to Yogi's latest BBC interview and listen to the way he talks about Benji. He's the type who needs an arm round the shoulder and encouragement. A negative reaction will see him shrink back into his shell and that is no good to anyone.

If Riordan's antics can be forgiven then Benji deserves the same opportunity and I hope he bangs in the winner today (as promised).

Yep, the treatment of Benji by many on here has been really sad to see. A Hibs player and we couldn't give him any understanding or backing, instead he has to have his character assasinated with very little info to go on and has been completely demonised in an over the top way.

I've been happy to give him the leeway as I don't know the full story of anything and i've never remembered him to be anyhting other than a happy and commited player when he's actually been given a run in the team.

I'm glad he scored so soon, and hopefully we can all get back to giving this young guy, who has had a lot of issues, our total support and make him feel part of the Hibs family. He really needs it.

Hibbyradge
17-08-2009, 09:37 AM
Yep, the treatment of Benji by many on here has been really sad to see. A Hibs player and we couldn't give him any understanding or backing, instead he has to have his character assasinated with very little info to go on and has been completely demonised in an over the top way.

I've been happy to give him the leeway as I don't know the full story of anything and i've never remembered him to be anyhting other than a happy and commited player when he's actually been given a run in the team.

I'm glad he scored so soon, and hopefully we can all get back to giving this young guy, who has had a lot of issues, our total support and make him feel part of the Hibs family. He really needs it.

I do agree with your general sentiments, but surely you must recall games in which Benji was obviously disinterested and didn't try a leg?

The treasons for that behaviour may be complicated and I'm willing to give him another chance, but to say he was always happy and committed is a bit revisionist.

Andy74
17-08-2009, 09:47 AM
I do agree with your general sentiments, but surely you must recall games in which Benji was obviously disinterested and didn't try a leg?

The treasons for that behaviour may be complicated and I'm willing to give him another chance, but to say he was always happy and committed is a bit revisionist.

I don't believe so, actually I think the revisionism has come from those saying he used not try or was huffy.

That stuff, for me, only came after the Ramadan thing, which was JCs fault, and the injuries and lack of form that came later.

There is maybe one game I can recall against Queens Park, where in common with all his team mates, he looked frustrated and disinterested.

When he was actually in the team on a regular basis and scoring goals he was perfectly happy and commited. Yes, he had a style that probably won't change where he dives a bit and throws his arms up in the air a lot but I'm not going to equate that to not being a committed or a happy player.

cabbagerib
17-08-2009, 09:57 AM

Treason may be complicated and I'm willing to give him another chance, but to say he was always happy and committed is a bit revisionist.*

Surely a wee bit harsh to compare to a capital offence?

* Mild edit required to make joke work.

Hibbyradge
17-08-2009, 09:59 AM
I don't believe so, actually I think the revisionism has come from those saying he used not try or was huffy.

That stuff, for me, only came after the Ramadan thing, which was JCs fault, and the injuries and lack of form that came later.

There is maybe one game I can recall against Queens Park, where in common with all his team mates, he looked frustrated and disinterested.

When he was actually in the team on a regular basis and scoring goals he was perfectly happy and commited. Yes, he had a style that probably won't change where he dives a bit and throws his arms up in the air a lot but I'm not going to equate that to not being a committed or a happy player.

Fair enough, but I definitely remember getting frustrated at him when he seemed to not chase stuff and look like he wasn't trying.

Fingers crossed he'll continue to look happy and committed this season.

By the way, see what i did there? :wink:

Hibbyradge
17-08-2009, 10:00 AM

Surely a wee bit harsh to compare to a capital offence?

* Mild edit required to make joke work.

You just beat me to it! :thumbsup: