PDA

View Full Version : Chisholm Moves To Shamrock Rovers

Torto
13-08-2009, 10:02 PM
Just been announced that he is moving to Dublin, not sure if it's been posted on here before.

woody47
13-08-2009, 10:04 PM
Good luck to him. wasn't impressed with his football skills but always gave 100%. Hope it works out for him. :thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
13-08-2009, 10:05 PM
Does this count as a sideways move? Points to something surely :greengrin

Good luck to the laddie

PISTOL1875
13-08-2009, 10:11 PM

Good luck to the laddie

He was pointed in the right direction ......

bingo70
13-08-2009, 10:14 PM

Good luck to the laddie

Obviously your kidding but i have to say the grief that Chisolm got for pointing too much really got on my tits last season, why do people think he was doing so much pointing? he was a young player recieving a lot of flak from the crowd and he was still doing his best to try and organise a shambles of a midfield and as someone else said, unlike others at least he never hid.

Good luck to the guy, hope he finds his level and goes onto have a good career.

Jonnyboy
13-08-2009, 10:16 PM
Obviously your kidding but i have to say the grief that Chisolm got for pointing too much really got on my tits last season, why do people think he was doing so much pointing? he was a young player recieving a lot of flak from the crowd and he was still doing his best to try and organise a shambles of a midfield and as someone else said, unlike others at least he never hid.

:agree:

HibeeMcGinn1
13-08-2009, 10:16 PM
always was the best stand and shout midfielder in out team
good luck to him

marinello59
13-08-2009, 10:27 PM
Just been announced that he is moving to Dublin, not sure if it's been posted on here before.
Good luck to him, hope he does well there.

lyonhibs
13-08-2009, 10:38 PM
Sounds about his level. Never a SPL player, but I wish him all the best over on the Emerald Isle :agree: :agree:

Riordans Boots
13-08-2009, 10:42 PM
Good luck Ross :wink:

zlatan
13-08-2009, 11:12 PM

good point.

hibsdaft
13-08-2009, 11:24 PM
good luck Ross Chisholm.

:cool2:

Iain G
13-08-2009, 11:54 PM
I think this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_Theatre) is why he moved to Dublin :wink:

libernian
14-08-2009, 12:08 AM
was just looking around the shamrock forum to see if they were talking bout it (far too much time on my hands obv) and found a thread about him...

http://www.srfcultrasforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9809

basehibby
14-08-2009, 01:47 AM
Good luck to Chis - I'm sure he'll make a make a smashing appointment for the Rovers :duck:

rainman
14-08-2009, 05:54 AM
Anybody saying he was NEVER an SPL player obviously didn't seem him coming through the ranks. He was always the stand out in that team and it makes me wonder if he would be any better if he'd came through with the golden generation and was coached how to play football by Tony Mowbray instead of Mixu.

GlesgaeHibby
14-08-2009, 06:34 AM
Good luck to Chis - I'm sure he'll make a make a smashing appointment for the Rovers :duck:

Is there really any point in that sarcasm?:duck:

GlesgaeHibby
14-08-2009, 06:37 AM
Anybody saying he was NEVER an SPL player obviously didn't seem him coming through the ranks. He was always the stand out in that team and it makes me wonder if he would be any better if he'd came through with the golden generation and was coached how to play football by Tony Mowbray instead of Mixu.

Is this a windup?

Chis was always gave his all but it unfortunately wasn't good enough at Hibs. Not even close to a 'stand out'. Good luck to him at Shamrock, wish him well.

lyonhibs
14-08-2009, 06:37 AM
Is there really any point in that sarcasm?:duck:

Good point. A completely pointless statement.

I would pointedly request that all further posters make a pointed effort to avoid making this type of error.

Petrie's Tache
14-08-2009, 06:52 AM
Good point. A completely pointless statement.

I would pointedly request that all further posters make a pointed effort to avoid making this type of error.

I would point out to YOU sir, that indeeed your point, is infact one of the most pointless points I have ever come accross on this point so far.:agree:

Dashing Bob S
14-08-2009, 07:15 AM
Considering we were gubbed the other week by Rovers reserves, Chis will probably see this as a step up.

Had something, but it never came out properly at Hibs. Change of scene could do him good and get his career on track.

Viva_Palmeiras
14-08-2009, 08:12 AM
Good luck to the lad.

for all the "never good enough..." comments perhaps worth considering the circumstances, hardly the laddies fault that Mixu picked him.

I appreciate this is a forum and a place for venting, but sometimes wonder whether young players come good inspite of rather than because of some of the "encouragement" they receive from certain elements of the support (those that spout off their "encouragement" at the match).

Keith_M
14-08-2009, 08:24 AM
Considering we were gubbed the other week by Rovers reserves, Chis will probably see this as a step up.

It's funny, but I was thinking the exact same thing.

The Shamrock fans would think it a bit of an insult to say this was a step down, considering we got beat by their reserves.

Dashing Bob S
14-08-2009, 08:32 AM

It's funny, but I was thinking the exact same thing.

The Shamrock fans would think it a bit of an insult to say this was a step down, considering we got beat by their reserves.

Yes, we perhaps ought to come down of our high-horses a bit here. Chisholm offered plenty enthusiasm and tried to gee the team up. That it didn't work for him was a lot, I suspect, to do with Mixu/Collins than Chisholm.

Rovers are the only club in the Eircom with no debt, a new stadium (albeit half of Livvy or Broadwood at present), owned by their fans, good young team and a bright young manager. I can see them dominating Irish domestic football for years to come, and making forays into CL qualifiers (though no further.) All in all, not a bad place to be playing football in an industry plagued with recession and a great launch point, i'd suggest, for a young player of ambition.

blackpoolhibs
14-08-2009, 09:21 AM
A very inconsistant player for hibs, a couple of times, especially against the huns, he was superb. You would have thought he was a real star. Yet against the likes of St mirren, or Hamilton, he was awful, more awful than good. That could have been because he was young, i'm not sure. I did not think he was good enough, but hope he goes on to have a good career in ireland.

erin go bragh
14-08-2009, 09:23 AM
:top markstotaly agree !when he first broke through he lokked the part taking on players[reminded me a wee bit of broony] then mixu got a hold of him and he wiz murder :grr:

500miles
14-08-2009, 02:50 PM
:top markstotaly agree !when he first broke through he lokked the part taking on players[reminded me a wee bit of broony] then mixu got a hold of him and he wiz murder :grr:

What a load of rubbish. Even under Collins it was clear that Chisolm couldn't pass to a man a Hibs shirt. In fact, it wasn't until towards the end of Mixu's time here that he put together 2 or 3 displays where he managed to keep his passing tight.

Mixu gets the blame for a lot, but Chisholm's failure to develope shouldn't really be attributed to him.

Regardless, I wish Ross all the best with his future endevours, and hope his passing improves, and earns him a move back to the SPL.

Judas Iscariot
14-08-2009, 02:57 PM
Total Pap... :bye:

Never Hibs Class :agree:

hibsdaft
14-08-2009, 04:12 PM
Good luck to the lad.

for all the "never good enough..." comments perhaps worth considering the circumstances, hardly the laddies fault that Mixu picked him.

I appreciate this is a forum and a place for venting, but sometimes wonder whether young players come good inspite of rather than because of some of the "encouragement" they receive from certain elements of the support (those that spout off their "encouragement" at the match).

doesn't take a rocket scientist to realise that some players will be destroyed by this stuff at a young age. they may learn to deal with it and grow from it in the long term but for some that point will come too late as players get such a short time to impress these days.

as it happens RC was always a big enough character to come through most of this stuff and didn't let it affect his approach to the game, although i think poor confidence did affect things like his passing and decision making especially last season.

a change of environment and a clean slate will help.

PISTOL1875
14-08-2009, 04:32 PM

Are you taking drugs ???

Bohemian_Hibee
15-08-2009, 09:52 AM
May I be the first to wish him bad luck, misery and continual disappointments during his stay in the Wicklow mountains