PDA

View Full Version : Hearts fans Evening News fans Poll

Winston Ingram
13-08-2009, 09:54 PM
"From what I have seen so far, the squad is at least as strong as it was last year, I think there is progression there."

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/-Hearts-Fans39-poll-results.5549826.jp

The link is only part of what was printed in the EN today but why are they just so stupid:confused:

When asked if their squad was stronger than last seasons the majority (37%) said it was better than last year. 30% said it was of the same quality. How on earth can they lose 4 of there best players which is more than a third of their team and replace them with budget Euro journeyman and they think that their squad is better?:confused:

Why do they go on all the time about 'splitting' the OF. Surely if they think they are that big would it not be better to finish above both of them?

:ostrich:

ScottB
13-08-2009, 11:19 PM
Their arrogance / stupidity amazes me, to think they can split the Old Firm after losing their better players over the summer and failing to find a striker...

jakedance
13-08-2009, 11:27 PM
Bit presumptuous to assume they're worse before we've seen them isn't it?

ScottB
13-08-2009, 11:31 PM

I think having lost Berra and co makes them likely a weaker side, undoubtedly still a competitor for third, their suggestion they will be fighting fir the CL places is what annoyed me.

jakedance
13-08-2009, 11:36 PM
Fair enough. I'm just always a bit wary about underestimating them. Never seems to work out well.

Winston Ingram
14-08-2009, 07:00 AM

not really. Logic tells you that if a team loses it's top performers the team won't perform as well

Dashing Bob S
14-08-2009, 07:48 AM
Think we should take it with a pinch of salt. A poll of a dozen people can't scientifically represent the views of 400,000 season ticket holders.

I'd like to hear the views of the 399,550 silent majority. What I propose is that Hearts use some of the money that's been directed from the construction of the £51m stand to conducting a poll amongst this grouping.

They could use the suite behind the asbestos stand as one polling station, and Merchy Hearts club as another, and all the votes could be counted in the boxes used for the planning application for the new stand.

It would give them yet another pointless and costly exercise to get excited about and diverted by as their club continues to steer inexorably towards the rocks.

Phil D. Rolls
14-08-2009, 09:25 AM
Think we should take it with a pinch of salt. A poll of a dozen people can't scientifically represent the views of 400,000 season ticket holders.

I'd like to hear the views of the 399,550 silent majority. What I propose is that Hearts use some of the money that's been directed from the construction of the £51m stand to conducting a poll amongst this grouping.

They could use the suite behind the asbestos stand as one polling station, and Merchy Hearts club as another, and all the votes could be counted in the boxes used for the planning application for the new stand.

It would give them yet another pointless and costly exercise to get excited about and diverted by as their club continues to steer inexorably towards the rocks.

I've been away, so I'm not sure about this - do they still owe the Inland Revenue money, or has it been paid?

Dashing Bob S
14-08-2009, 09:46 AM
I've been away, so I'm not sure about this - do they still owe the Inland Revenue money, or has it been paid?

Not sure about this. On Kickback, as I understand it, some posters have been claiming its been settled, but as far as I know there has been nothing official confirming it.

greenginger
14-08-2009, 11:05 AM
Not sure about this. On Kickback, as I understand it, some posters have been claiming its been settled, but as far as I know there has been nothing official confirming it.

Did'nt Feditoaditous whatshisame say they has a payment plan agreed with the HMRC so even if they have made the first payment as claimed last week they' re hardly out the woods yet.
Unless they made all the other payments early !!!! This is not the Big Team business model.

I think it is safe to assume more financial crises at the PBS to look forward to.

bighairyfaeleith
14-08-2009, 11:07 AM
I'm sure them inland revenue said the payment had been made. There is still an ongoing investigation however by the revenue into the yams mysterious transfers / loans / administration fees

No idea when that will be settled though.

Gmack7
14-08-2009, 11:10 AM
not really. Logic tells you that if a team loses it's top performers the team won't perform as well
that could be levelled at us couldn,t it?