PDA

View Full Version : Yogi's Latest Interview

Speedway
13-08-2009, 09:06 PM
Don't know if you've seen it on HI, and I know big talk without action to back it up is worthless, but I've got to say that tonight's interview is the finest I've ever had the pleasure to listen to from any Hibs manager, ever.

I think it resonates completely with how we feel 'on the terraces' and I for one, wish him every success to make something of this club.

I wasn't in favour of Yogi's appointment but if he can back this sort of talk up with results, it's a big thumbs up from me.

BEEJ
13-08-2009, 09:10 PM
I wasn't in favour of Yogi's appointment but if he can back this sort of talk up with results, it's a big thumbs up from me.
I'd second that. :agree:

Didn't want another former player to take the helm, although always recognised that Hughes would be a huge improvement on Mixu.

But he has certainly boosted both the club morale and the PR in the six or seven weeks that he's been in post. It certainly augurs well for the season ahead.

mentalhibee
13-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Great interview and good to hear him say that there will be signings before the deadline, he even says they could be in place before the weekend. Hopefully the players show the same passion for hibs as yogi!

silverhibee
13-08-2009, 09:20 PM
Is there a link to this interview please.:hnet:

mentalhibee
13-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Its on hibs interactive mate.

Jonnyboy
13-08-2009, 09:44 PM
Is there a link to this interview please.:hnet:

Only if you pay for it :wink:

Bit naughty of Speedway to tease us all with that - well the vast majority of us anyway :greengrin

Speedway
13-08-2009, 09:46 PM

Bit naughty of Speedway to tease us all with that - well the vast majority of us anyway :greengrin

:wink: Ok then, there's a short synopsis on the official site for all to see....but it's not a patch on the actual interview.

Jonnyboy
13-08-2009, 09:48 PM
:wink: Ok then, there's a short synopsis on the official site for all to see....but it's not a patch on the actual interview.

Seen it :wink:

Was only pulling your leg :greengrin

Speedway
13-08-2009, 09:50 PM
Seen it :wink:

Was only pulling your leg :greengrin

:wink:

What did you think of it JB?

Jonnyboy
13-08-2009, 09:53 PM
:wink:

What did you think of it JB?

Left me wanting to hear more :thumbsup:

Like you I find Yogi's interviews to offer great listening. Has the knack of getting you fired up for the games and I just hope he has the same effect on the players :greengrin

silverhibee
13-08-2009, 09:58 PM

Will be joining soon, how much monthly JB.

Jonnyboy
13-08-2009, 10:01 PM
Will be joining soon, how much monthly JB.

Bottom of the front page here buddy

http://hibernianfc.co.uk/

Thinking of signing up too :wink:

IWasThere2016
13-08-2009, 10:07 PM
Great interview and good to hear him say that there will be signings before the deadline, he even says they could be in place before the weekend. Hopefully the players show the same passion for hibs as yogi!

Re signings - did he really say 'will' or 'may'?

silverhibee
13-08-2009, 10:07 PM
Bottom of the front page here buddy

http://hibernianfc.co.uk/

Thinking of signing up too :wink:

Cheers Jonnyboy, will be joining up very soon.:thumbsup::hnet:

blackpoolhibs
13-08-2009, 10:10 PM
Superb interview. He wants the standards higher, and i'm sure he will get his wish. :thumbsup:

IWasThere2016
13-08-2009, 10:39 PM
Re signings - did he really say 'will' or 'may'?

Anybody?

bandylegs_jLeighton
13-08-2009, 10:54 PM
I think, if i remember correctly, that he rated the chance of new faces before the game this weekend as '6-7 out of 10', and he guaranteed that there would be new players before the deadline.

He also said Cregg, McBride and Stack were brought in to balance the shape of the squad, and the players he is looking at now will be to try and excite the fans...

I am sure if I am wrong someone will correct me.

DC_Hibs
13-08-2009, 10:55 PM
He explained the reasoning behind the signings that he has made: Cregg and McBride to steady the ship, cover for the right hand side and Stack to challenge Maka.

He then said that the next signings will be ones that will excite the fans.

Said a 6 or 7/10 chance when asked about signing before St Mirren game but not sure that he understood the question and he may have meant before transfer window closed!

He also said he expects movement out the door before the window closes..and a few youngsters out on loan.

Was a good interview but its on the park that counts and we do need some "exciting" signings to get this squad challenging for 3rd.

Manager and football will be an improvement on last season so moving in the right direction at least.

Another good reason for subscribing to HibsTV.

matty_f
13-08-2009, 11:28 PM
Don't know if you've seen it on HI, and I know big talk without action to back it up is worthless, but I've got to say that tonight's interview is the finest I've ever had the pleasure to listen to from any Hibs manager, ever.

I think it resonates completely with how we feel 'on the terraces' and I for one, wish him every success to make something of this club.

:agree:

I'd second that. :agree:

Didn't want another former player to take the helm, although always recognised that Hughes would be a huge improvement on Mixu.

But he has certainly boosted both the club morale and the PR in the six or seven weeks that he's been in post. It certainly augurs well for the season ahead.

Totally agree with the bit in bold.

I have to say that every time I've watched or listened to Yogi talking about the club, he's come across as hugely inspirational. From a quick chat in the club shop about the 19s, to the interviews on HI, I have been left in no doubt that he is the man for the job.:agree:

Was just about to get some sleep, but I think I'll watch the interview now instead.

The_Horde
13-08-2009, 11:29 PM
Cracking interview.

I feel like i've just spent 35 minutes in a classroom. :agree:

matty_f
14-08-2009, 12:12 AM
Cracking interview.

I feel like i've just spent 35 minutes in a classroom. :agree:

:agree: Just finished it - I can't wait for Saturday now!:top marks

Edinburgh Green
14-08-2009, 12:58 AM
Superb interview, great insight into Yogis thoughts. Tells it how it is.

monktonharp
14-08-2009, 02:08 AM
Anybody?big talk does come easy,he's done a fair bit of that but I'm easy with him at the moment and he does have a way of exiting the fans. still like to see a bit more steel in the midfield and a tried and tested CB though. sure he will make us a force to be reckoned with,given time.

Hamish
14-08-2009, 04:22 AM
Anybody?

Chances of getting someone in today are 7/10 according to Yogi.

He did say that there WILL be signings before the end of August.

Speedway
14-08-2009, 06:42 AM
Chances of getting someone in today are 7/10 according to Yogi.

He did say that there WILL be signings before the end of August.

He also added that this would be the case EVEN if no-one else leaves.

Petrie's Tache
14-08-2009, 06:58 AM
:agree:

Totally agree with the bit in bold.

I have to say that every time I've watched or listened to Yogi talking about the club, he's come across as hugely inspirational. From a quick chat in the club shop about the 19s, to the interviews on HI, I have been left in no doubt that he is the man for the job.:agree:

Was just about to get some sleep, but I think I'll watch the interview now instead.

Was the ONLY appointment for me Matty:agree:. You not going to get the kids out to Gavin place in Spain some time bud? Cracking place for the kids:thumbsup:

matty_f
14-08-2009, 07:37 AM
Was the ONLY appointment for me Matty:agree:. You not going to get the kids out to Gavin place in Spain some time bud? Cracking place for the kids:thumbsup:

Maybe next year, funds permitting! I hear it's ace:agree:

As for the interview, it was notable that Yogi said he wanted to make signings that excited the fans and showed we mean business...:thumbsup:

VegasHibby
14-08-2009, 07:38 AM
Great to hear there will be new signings. One of them has to be a midfield play-maker....:thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
14-08-2009, 08:11 AM
Liked Yogi's comments today about not being a 'soft touch' and stopping other teams playing when they have the ball. He used to frustrate regularly as Falkirk boss, particularly at ER (I'd love to see the thread again after that 0-1 game a few seasons back!) when we were expected to attack. We usually turned them over in Falkirk, sometiimes badly, when the onus on him was to attack us.

micksoo
14-08-2009, 08:15 AM
Brilliant - I could listen to him talk Hibs all day. :thumbsup:

Petrie's Tache
14-08-2009, 08:22 AM
Maybe next year, funds permitting! I hear it's ace:agree:

As for the interview, it was notable that Yogi said he wanted to make signings that excited the fans and showed we mean business...:thumbsup:

Really good mate. We had been over there before they bought and advised them to have a wee looky see. Hopeing to get back out in September.

sadtom
14-08-2009, 09:17 AM
Great stuff. It certainly whets the appetite for saturday.
Bring it on.

Hibbyradge
14-08-2009, 09:45 AM
I have subscribed to HI since its inception, but I hardly ever bother to access it.

It's not so much user unfriendly as downright hostile

The layout is appalling and if it doesn't improve when it moves to Premium TV or whoever, I'll be forced to reluctantly unsubscribe.. :bitchy:

Where do I find this interview?

matty_f
14-08-2009, 09:47 AM
I have subscribed to HI since its inception, but I hardly ever bother to access it.

The layout is appalling and if it doesn't improve when it moves to Premium TV or whoever, I'll be forced to reluctantly unsubscribe.. :bitchy:

Go to the Interactive menu on the front page, select front page, then on the next page go to the Talk Hibs menu, then 2009. All the shows are on there, and they're all worth a watch.

blackpoolhibs
14-08-2009, 09:53 AM

I find it the complete opposite Dave, 3 clicks and there it is. Hibs.co.uk, interactive and then talk hibs, all the interviews you want.:confused: The new site i caught a glimpse of looked crammed with all sorts, and with my brief look, looked more complicated.:dunno:

Hibbyradge
14-08-2009, 10:00 AM
Go to the Interactive menu on the front page, select front page, then on the next page go to the Talk Hibs menu, then 2009. All the shows are on there, and they're all worth a watch.

I find it the complete opposite Dave, 3 clicks and there it is. Hibs.co.uk, interactive and then talk hibs, all the interviews you want.:confused: The new site i caught a glimpse of looked crammed with all sorts, and with my brief look, looked more complicated.:dunno:

It must be just me then, but I really dislike it.

Perhaps if I use it more, I'll get used to it, but there wasn't really much reason to use it last season. :rolleyes:

Petrie's Tache
14-08-2009, 10:06 AM
Not wanting to use Paypal, had a few probs with it recently. Any other way of paying?

matty_f
14-08-2009, 10:24 AM
Not wanting to use Paypal, had a few probs with it recently. Any other way of paying?

Check the HI forum.:agree:

Petrie's Tache
14-08-2009, 10:43 AM
Check the HI forum.:agree:

Where dat? Cant find it!:confused:

Martin
14-08-2009, 10:54 AM
Where dat? Cant find it!:confused:

http://www.hiberniantv.co.uk/hiforums/index.php

smurf
14-08-2009, 11:20 AM
Where are the signings?:greengrin

Steve-O
14-08-2009, 11:35 AM

For once, Radge, I agree with you :greengrin

Said on another thread recently that the content on HI is good, but the layout and 'useability' is poor indeed.

Like you, I hardly ever access it. The thing I don't like the most is the actual media player for everything, it's like a relic from Windows 95 or something!

johnrebus
14-08-2009, 12:14 PM

Thank God someone else is saying this.

I thought it was just me ...........,

:doh:

Big90inOz
14-08-2009, 12:21 PM
Nice to have a manager who isn't talking bollocks :devil:

A Spades a spade with big Yogi :agree:

I'm sure he said new signing before the window shuts is guaranteed :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sandy
14-08-2009, 12:28 PM

Aye if it wasn't for Matty helping out Mr Radge I wouldn't have found it either :boo hoo:

phoenixfire
14-08-2009, 02:39 PM

Yes add me to the list cant find it anywhere:confused:

blackpoolhibs
14-08-2009, 02:52 PM
How difficult can it be, go to the official site, click enter, click interactive, then click talk hibs? I'm no computer expert, but it really is that simple.:confused:

Martin
14-08-2009, 02:55 PM
How difficult can it be, go to the official site, click enter, click interactive, then click talk hibs? I'm no computer expert, but it really is that simple.:confused:

Agreed BH - Infact it's almost as simple as accessing the messageboard here on Hibs.net

Speedway
14-08-2009, 02:58 PM
Where are the signings?:greengrin

I don't know, where are they?

I think Yogi thought that Calum Woods would have made his mind up to join us by now.

Hibbyradge
14-08-2009, 02:59 PM

I think it's confusing cos it's not under Hibs TV which is the first tab.

Martin
14-08-2009, 03:03 PM

Maybe that will come with using it more :wink: - Interviews are always under Talk Hibs.

blackpoolhibs
14-08-2009, 03:12 PM

Yes i can see the confusion, hibs tv gives you the highlights of the games, talk hibs gives the interviews.

Hibbyradge
14-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Maybe that will come with using it more :wink: - Interviews are always under Talk Hibs.

Indeed, but it's silly. :na na:

However, it's a really good interview. Quite inspiring.

I think people who haven't bought their season tickets yet should be allowed to see it. :agree:

Martin
14-08-2009, 03:24 PM
I think people who haven't bought their season tickets yet should be allowed to see it. :agree:

Of course they can when they subscribe :wink:

Hibbyradge
14-08-2009, 03:28 PM
Of course they can when they subscribe :wink:

I think you know what I mean.

A few extra season tickets would be worth a lot more to Hibs than a handful more HI subscribers. :agree:

thebakerboy
14-08-2009, 09:36 PM
Interview was superb loved bit about arguing with Latapy and saying hardwork will beat talent without hard work but talent with hardwork will beat all at least thats what I think he said . Impressed only about 2 questions asked and 30 mins of talk by Yogi. Defo said more players in also said some will leave because they wont buy in to his ways.:greengrin:greengrin:agree::agree: