PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Hearts because......

dublinhfc
13-08-2009, 02:46 PM
Only a bit of friendly rivalry, but with the season about to start just wanted to find out why we dislike our closest "rivals". Or if indeed we do dislike them...

TamHibs
13-08-2009, 02:48 PM
Simply because of the bigger team mentality.

stu in nottingham
13-08-2009, 02:52 PM
From the very, very beginning they tried to end us.

They failed.

I need no more reasons though there are a myriad of them I could quote.

Oscar T Grouch
13-08-2009, 03:02 PM
I hate them cause they play in the colour of blood and *****e mixed together :wink:

Leith Green
13-08-2009, 03:03 PM

Thats just a pretty recent thing though.. Last few years ..

I hate them for that and about a million other reasons too, they are just pure ****... Quite possibly the mouthiest fans ever

iwasthere1972
13-08-2009, 03:05 PM
Only a bit of friendly rivalry, but with the season about to start just wanted to find out why we dislike our closest "rivals". Or if indeed we do dislike them...

Their fans belief that there is a waiting list of "Champions League" medal winning players who just can't wait to strut their stuff at the pink palace in front of 400,000 Yams.

Oh I can't wait for the :******: down Gorgie way. The club and the fans are so up themselves with this "Big Team" mentality when all they have is a second class stadium, 3 new press boxes, debts that would make the RBS look good and a guy whose only success was selling some dodgy Beatles records out the back of a clapped out three wheeler van.

:bye: C'mon Vlad pull the plug now please - You know you want to.

Seany HFC 7-0
13-08-2009, 03:09 PM
Farrr too many reasons. The big team s**** is one as is the takeover shanningans with Mercer. A lot of their fans are a deluded bunch aswel! Could go on but just annoyes me :greengrin:jamboak:

GGTTH

Dashing Bob S
13-08-2009, 03:14 PM
...I came from a family of Murrayfield rugby-following Jambos and I hated rugby and so by extension Los Yambolinos. There are loads of reasons to keep hating them; Gorgie smells/big team mentality when they are a joke and have struggled to fill a phone box when I first got into football/paedophille fans and managers/think the whole world is against them (the world actually would be if it cared because they ARE pretty awful)/pink lego stadium/psuedo hun bigots/never pay their peg bills on time etc etc

Woody1985
13-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Because their fans are deluded.

I've lost count of the amount of jambos who I ken who say 'we're *****, am no going back' and then 5 minutes later they sign a turkey wi half a wing and nae beak and think he's gonna be the star striker in the league and then 'we're gonna be **** hot this season'. :faf:

Although, I actually like them more than I hate them for the sheer entertainment value. I love taking the piss about all the ongoings at their club, the endless banter that you know you can never lose cos they only have one thing to take the piss out of us for. I love the threads on here when everyone posts a story about Hearts and you get pages of **** like Rix, the magic woman with the stick, the fax machine etc etc etc etc etc :faf: :faf: :faf:

Rio Grande
13-08-2009, 03:20 PM
I don't hate them - they are our closest rivals :duck:

Admittedly the Mercer take-over was a bit of a worry at the time - but we were put in that position by messers Duff and Gray mis management.

Hainan Hibs
13-08-2009, 03:21 PM
I hate them for the reasons that everyone has been saying but to add another I have yet to find one who I can have a decent chat about football with. Aberdeen fans, Killie fans, Dundee fans, god even some Rangers and Celtic fans can have sensible chats about football, but with Hearts fans it's like being transported back to when I was 5 years old.

"well, eh, 4-0 semi, and eh, 108 years in a row ya hobo, and eh, big team big cup, always in our shadow wee team, the debt isnae ours likes coz we owe it tae ourselfs"

My life has become a lot better after cutting out most of them who just cannot cope with any social occasion apart from being with their other inbred hun mates waving Union Flags about.

andyhibs
13-08-2009, 03:32 PM

Admittedly the Mercer take-over was a bit of a worry at the time - but we were put in that position by messers Duff and Gray mis management.
dont usually bite if thats what it is:wink: but agree :top marks for your last paragraph

Elephant Stone
13-08-2009, 03:56 PM
They really believe that they are classy; far more so than us 'hobos', despite residing in Gorgie and having a ground which bears more resemblance to a bus shelter than to a football stadium.

Cabbage East
13-08-2009, 03:58 PM
They rake in the buckets for something to eat.

They employ nonces.

Phil D. Rolls
13-08-2009, 04:02 PM
I actually really like them, and if I ever say anything untoward about them, it's just the green eyed monster talking. I would love to support a team which had such a high opimion of itself and such high ambitions, as opposed to our wee team mentality.

I wish we had won a fraction of the trophys they have, and had as many internationalists playing for our team. Most of all I wish Hibs were a team that wasn't interested in how the game should be played, and concentrated on results. Because this is a results based business, and first and foremost you have to put great distance between you and your rivals.

I also think their supporters are wittier, more artistic and on the whole, a better class of person. Sorry, I just think it had to be said.

Phil D. Rolls
13-08-2009, 04:03 PM

Sweet potatoes and all the orphans, what a controversial second post. I don't think you are a Yam.

Vini1875
13-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Mostly because of their diet hun fans. I am grateful that I don't have to associate with any of them. Of the many things that is good about Glasgow, having nae jambos is very high on that list.

Saorsa
13-08-2009, 04:25 PM
I'm no even going tae bother listing reasons, suffice tae say I despise everything about them.

hibernian36
13-08-2009, 04:34 PM
i don't hate hearts cos they gave us 7-0 and 6-2 and it's always satisfying beating them. it's the fan(nie)s that i hate:agree::jamboak:

ancient hibee
13-08-2009, 04:40 PM
When I was a kid I watched them regularly-for a while they were the best team in the country by a mile-nowadays they're just another team with some obnoxious fans-just like all the clubs.Football isn't important enough for hate-I keep that for things that matter.

O'Rourke3
13-08-2009, 04:42 PM
If I'm being honest I don't hate the club as such. I'm really glad I'm not one of the supporters that's for sure. They give me endless amounts of comedy, my personal favourite is still the two boys outside the AGM fighting (presumably because they wanted to love Vlad the most).

I do hate some of the fans though. Especially the Born again Jambos of the 86 and 2005 era. Never set foot in a football ground but could expound great theories on a flat back four versus pre game entertainment or wing backs versus corporate hospitality. They came to work in new club ties and could nearly name the starting eleven. These guys I still love getting it right up - at every opportunity.

homielang
13-08-2009, 04:53 PM
Where to start? I think I could sit all day writing why the Jam Tarts have my disdain. But to name a few main points:

1. The Supporters are bloated braggarts who would not know good football if they saw it.
2. Wallace Mercer: may he be buried face down so he can see where he's going.
3. Their boring tactics historically make Football unwatchable.

Sir David Gray
13-08-2009, 04:53 PM
Because they're Hearts, basically.

If I wasn't a Hibs fan, I would probably see them in the same light as Motherwell or Kilmarnock.

I despise the club as a whole but I would always treat their fans on an individual basis.

truehibernian
13-08-2009, 05:21 PM
Don't hate them at all. They provide the banter and the competition that Hibs and Hibs fans need in all honesty. For 90 minutes in a derby I want Hibs to pumpety pump them and the last two derbies have seen me and my Hibee mates laughing at our wee jambo friend Jeremy crying into his wee mojitos in the boozer :greengrin But without them our SPL campaign would be dull in my opinion. Gorgie is however a toilet and some of their female fans I see have also purchased season tickets to Greggs judging by their girth and lack of trips to the gym/salad bar. They really do have an ugly support :agree:

leemel
13-08-2009, 05:25 PM
why not hate them should be the question?

Hibby_Ed
13-08-2009, 05:29 PM
Don't dislike the team. Do, however, dislike the fact that they have the Hibs being a ''wee team'' mentality. In the context of football as a whole we are, but just not compared to them. However, think anything about Wallace Mercer is a bit out of hand, the guys dead and thats that.

Oh, and the area surrounding their shed is a s***hole.

James.
13-08-2009, 05:38 PM
Two big reasons: John Colquhoun and Alan Preston. Their whole "big team / wee team" schtick is another.

:jamboak:

Dashing Bob S
13-08-2009, 05:40 PM
They only gave us eight points out of a possible twelve last year.

James70
13-08-2009, 05:45 PM
Too many reasons to mention but at the end of the day......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6F2PahYcOc&feature=related

:greengrin

Dashing Bob S
13-08-2009, 05:48 PM

It's meant to 'fun' hate, not real hate. Most football fans, thankfully, can distinguish between the two.

After all:

"We are Hibernian FC
we have a certain ambivalence to our local rivals Hearts
and also Dundee..."

It doesn't sound so good or roll off the tounge so easily, does it?

Leitherhibs
13-08-2009, 05:54 PM
coz there all really ugly ugly people

steakbake
13-08-2009, 05:59 PM
Don't dislike the team. Do, however, dislike the fact that they have the Hibs being a ''wee team'' mentality. In the context of football as a whole we are, but just not compared to them. However, think anything about Wallace Mercer is a bit out of hand, the guys dead and thats that.

Oh, and the area surrounding their shed is a s***hole.

... but while he was alive, he wanted us out of existence and nearly got his way.

Tame Tiger
13-08-2009, 06:58 PM
John Colqhoun - ugly
Gary Mackay - very ugly
Stevie Fulton - not handsome at all
Henry Smith - All of the above
John Robertson - fat and ugly
Stephane Mahe - unpleasant looking
Steven Pressley - Ditto
Andy Webster - looks like a stoat
Michael Stewart - horrible looking ginger.

*This list is not exhaustive!!

Anyone ever seen a good looking yambolino??

Dashing Bob S
13-08-2009, 07:36 PM
John Colqhoun - ugly
Gary Mackay - very ugly
Stevie Fulton - not handsome at all
Henry Smith - All of the above
John Robertson - fat and ugly
Stephane Mahe - unpleasant looking
Steven Pressley - Ditto
Andy Webster - looks like a stoat
Michael Stewart - horrible looking ginger.

*This list is not exhaustive!!

Anyone ever seen a good looking yambolino??

That's Rix, surely?

SvenNeil
13-08-2009, 07:44 PM
They're more annoying than anything else - like a boil on yer arse that makes you uncomfortable.

I found the whole 'robbo' and 'bairdo' stuff in the 90's irritating - oh aye, and that Mercer guy was a pain too.

Kind of hate them now I think of it...:wink:

matty_f
13-08-2009, 08:30 PM
I find it hard not to have a real dislike for a club whose fans get a stonner, and rub that stonner a lot, for having a Scottish Cup record equal to Clyde's.

For a team that have won it only 3 times in over 100 years, you'd think they were winning it every year the way their fans go on about it.

The bloodied turd strips don't help, either.

Why do Yams smell? So even blind folk can hate them.:greengrin

portyfelly
13-08-2009, 09:05 PM
Because all my brothers support em

mandiandihibs
13-08-2009, 10:49 PM
I'm no even going tae bother listing reasons, suffice tae say I despise everything about them.

I'll list one specific reason, helps explain my detestation of everything associated with that ******ing sore that squats (hopefully not for too long) in the west of our city. Dates back to the 70s, and I'm sure many of the more mature posters will relate to the situation as described i.e. caught in the wrong flow of fans post-match after a PBS (or that even bigger ****hole as it was then) Hibees triumph, and remembering vividly and painfully being subjected as a 10-year old to a series of boots and slaps from the maroon degenerates as they trudged back to their gorgie slums, as my father tried helplessly to intervene. These were so called mainstream 'fans', not your obvious neds. Said it all for me, and experience since then hasn't altered my view one bit.... roll on the well deserved demise.

basehibby
14-08-2009, 02:04 AM
From the very, very beginning they tried to end us.

They failed.

I need no more reasons though there are a myriad of them I could quote.

Not sure if that's actually true - bear in mind the first ever fixture played by Hibs was against the Yams at a time when most of the Edinburgh footballing establishment was looking down their noses at the Hibees and we were struggling to get a game against anybody (any hibstorians out there care to confirm this???).

Anyway - there are plenty other reasons to hate the Yams - industrial hoofball / sheighty coloured strip / Mercer / delusions of grandeur / or maybe just cos it's fun :greengrin

basehibby
14-08-2009, 02:15 AM

Ha Ha - nice one - that lovely wee ditty should be on every Hibee Jukebox :thumbsup:

The_Todd
14-08-2009, 08:15 AM
I hate Hearts because on Kickback they start threads like this.

:wink:

Hibs07p
14-08-2009, 08:38 AM

A new Hibs anthem!
:faf::faf::faf:

marinello59
14-08-2009, 08:51 AM

Loving it.:thumbsup:

dangermouse
14-08-2009, 09:17 AM

This is what I don't understand. Do they not sing about "a wee fitba team"? Big team my :asshole:

dublinhfc
14-08-2009, 11:35 AM
was having a wander through the wonderully well balanced mingeback site and found a thread much like this one with some really well constructed points of view.

"I was at Gorgie on the sunday in 98 after we won the cup with my 12 year old cuz and my auld man. He started talking to a boy the same age as him and asked where his dad was and the wee man said " Im a hearts fan and my dad and mum supports them, they wouldnt bring me down here cause they hate hearts. I started crying and they still wouldnt go so I came myslf." How did his son become a jambo, more likely he was embarrassed to be seen in public with the wee jose quitongo

"COS we are bigger and harder than they muppets
Big deek is going a kikin soon,
Hearts are a big club , we are in Europe, they aint" He's a keeper

magnificent_seven
14-08-2009, 12:19 PM
I hate Hearts because they are a mini version of Rangers

RMG_82
14-08-2009, 02:11 PM
coz there all really ugly ugly people

very true

:top marks

Gatecrasher
14-08-2009, 02:23 PM
because they are Rangers without the bus fare :jamboak:

Hibby_Ed
15-08-2009, 05:01 PM
... but while he was alive, he wanted us out of existence and nearly got his way.

Aye, fair enough, but he's not alive now, being my point, 'hating' the guy and singing stuff about him will get no one anywhere...