PDA

View Full Version : Yams Yams appoint 'joint' captancy

Col2
13-08-2009, 08:58 AM
Stewart and Zaliukas as joint captains.

One who throws his toys out the pram when things start to go wrong and the other who has the worst disciplinary record of any scottish footballer in the last 12 months. Says it all about them.

Add in the determination to create a big strong physical team and you can see how they are going to handle things next season.:wink:

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/...752852,00.html

Martin
13-08-2009, 09:02 AM
Am I the only one who is worried about Hearts this season on here? They have added to the squad with decent(not good) physical players. I do think they will be in the top four again this season unless mad vlad decides to chop and change again......

Seany HFC 7-0
13-08-2009, 09:06 AM
Am I the only one who is worried about Hearts this season on here? They have added to the squad with decent(not good) physical players. I do think they will be in the top four again this season unless mad vlad decides to chop and change again......

Thats why im not worried about them :wink:

Joint captaincy! Fuds!

marinello59
13-08-2009, 09:06 AM

No you are not. They are going to bully their way to more than a few victories this season. It won't be pretty but when were they ever?
Off the field though..............who knows?:greengrin

Col2
13-08-2009, 09:07 AM

They are physical and would in my opinion be a handful for our current squad. They dont have anything up front though (which is just incredible) so it wont be pretty. Not sure if thay have much quality especially if driver is punted before 31st August.

I have said it before and will say it again - If we get Barr or equivalent in, Boozy or equivalent and another striker / or Benji refocuses then we should compete for 3rd with United and Hearts. If not then we lack any depth.

Steve-O
13-08-2009, 09:09 AM
Hopefully their dirty bassa tactics are clamped down on early and that'll be 'plan A' for the season oot the window :agree:

Martin
13-08-2009, 09:10 AM
They are physical and would in my opinion be a handful for our current squad. They dont have anything up front though (which is just incredible) so it wont be pretty. Not sure if thay have much quality especially if driver is punted before 31st August.

I have said it before and will say it again - If we get Barr or equivalent in, Boozy or equivalent and another striker / or Benji refocuses then we should compete for 3rd with United and Hearts. If not then we lack any depth.

Agreed - but they did it last season, all they need is a dozen goals from either of Elliott or Nade and they are well on the way. Does worry me.

Agreed also on comments on Hibs. We are a few players of a decent squad but we do need competition for the places and I hope that is something the youngsters will bring in...

lyonhibs
13-08-2009, 09:17 AM
Another world first from HoMFC.

Joint captaincy - seriously??????? :faf: :faf:

GGTTH

Danderhall Hibs
13-08-2009, 09:25 AM

GGTTH

Well they've got to - those 2 will be suspended for a fair few games. It’s just advance planning.

rainman
13-08-2009, 09:28 AM
Just had a picture of the two of them holding hands as they run to the centre circle for the toss before the game.

robinp
13-08-2009, 09:32 AM
Michael will be the club captain with Marius the vice captain, however Csaba Laszlo has stressed both will very much share the role, in what is a change from previous appointments.

"I really have two captains," Csaba Laszlo told Hearts News this morning.

"They will have joint responsibility. For example Marius is coming with me to a Scottish FA meeting at Hampden this afternoon and then will feature in a promotional photograph for the Clydesdale Bank.

"Michael will do other jobs, but we will share and we will learn and grow together."

Generally speaking Michael will wear the armband when selected on matchday, however the manager wanted to stress that this is just a small part of the overall responsibility he is affording to the pair.
You couldn't make it up. :faf:

bingo70
13-08-2009, 09:46 AM

who?

I've always rated Ian Black, i'd have liked us to have signed him, however he's not as good as Aguiar who they've lost.

They're other signings look pish, austrian 15th division players, holiday reps and players that have hardly played in 2 years.

Hearts biggest strengths last season was their midfield and defence, both areas have been weakened since last season and they've still not got a proper striker.

IMO they have an over rated manager who got a bit lucky last season, i reckon they'll be pish this season

EskbankHibby
13-08-2009, 09:54 AM

Worry? No. Pity? Yes.

Shambolic institution from top to bottom, i would worry if i had a season ticket for Tincastle next season with the industrial stuff they will be put through, land of the giants and not one of them can do more than 5 keepie-uppies.

Weak management from the Hungarian Rod Laver here imo, got 2 candidates for captaincy and not got the spine (recurrent theme here for jambos) to let one of the huffy sods down or they would be tripping over their bottom lip all season.

Just another day at the big top.

bobbyhibs1983
13-08-2009, 10:09 AM

GGTTH

I dont know why your laughing mate.:confused:

i ve not seen this point raised but dont we hobos know that joint captains is the norm for the BIG teams nowadays such as.......

um like the champions league winners from edinburgh?:offski:

Wembley67
13-08-2009, 10:11 AM
Dunno if I'm missing something here but what is wrong with having joint captaincy??

sam armstrong
13-08-2009, 10:19 AM
who?

I've always rated Ian Black, i'd have liked us to have signed him, however he's not as good as Aguiar who they've lost.

They're other signings look pish, austrian 15th division players, holiday reps and players that have hardly played in 2 years.

Hearts biggest strengths last season was their midfield and defence, both areas have been weakened since last season and they've still not got a proper striker.

IMO they have an over rated manager who got a bit lucky last season, i reckon they'll be pish this season

Black is pretty average and will do wll to get a starting place. Hearts best players are Zaliukus (despite his lack of discipline), Wallace and Driver. Don't think any of the new guys will be as good as those who have left. Hibs still need new players to compete but I would rather Hughes takes his time and gets decent players in to complement the young lads coming through.

bawheid
13-08-2009, 10:31 AM
Dunno if I'm missing something here but what is wrong with having joint captaincy??

Did Hughes not come out with something similar regarding Hogg and Murray? Something along the lines of it being like having two captains...

Toaods
13-08-2009, 10:35 AM
"Michael will do other jobs, but we will share and we will learn and grow together."

Generally speaking Michael will wear the armband when selected on matchday, however the manager wanted to stress that this is just a small part of the overall responsibility he is affording to the pair."

..this shows Czaba is learning himself as when he accepted the job as Head Coach/1st team coach/manager/fax machine supervisor he was told by MAd Vlad that all the team selection would be one of the tasks shared....Czaba gets to pick the team every day, unless a match is on, then Vlad steps in.

Oscar T Grouch
13-08-2009, 11:00 AM
Joint captancy? Is Vlad thinking about joint Managers? I heard a rumour Avrim Grant is being offered the job:wink:

Has Shabba being mouthing off too much? I love the soap opera that is HOMFC.

GGTTH

--------
13-08-2009, 11:06 AM
"They will have joint responsibility. For example Marius is coming with me to a Scottish FA meeting at Hampden this afternoon and then will feature in a promotional photograph for the Clydesdale Bank.

Is that the meeting to decide how long he's going to be suspended for all the red cards he got last season?

Sounds like the strat of a bee-yoot-fool friendship....

.... or something. :rolleyes:

sambajustice
13-08-2009, 11:08 AM
Looks like he wants Zaliukas as captain but has to have some sort of Scottish figurehead, Pressley, Gordon, Neilson...

Dan Sarf
13-08-2009, 11:11 AM
Presumably the "joint" they are referring to is Tincastle? :greengrin

stubru59
13-08-2009, 11:35 AM

Nothing wrong with it at all.

One, to communicate with the English speaking players, the other to interpret what he is saying.

Dashing Bob S
13-08-2009, 11:37 AM
Makes sense, as neither are on the field for 90 minutes due to fitness/discipline issues.

hibs1875aye
13-08-2009, 11:38 AM
Why not have 2 captains? They had/have 2 managers as well :greengrin

--------
13-08-2009, 11:38 AM
Presumably the "joint" they are referring to is Tincastle? :greengrin

No, the 'joint' is what Shabby and Mick will be smoking as they 'share and learn and grow together'...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe-skHx86-I&feature=related

Biggie
13-08-2009, 11:40 AM
Just had a picture of the two of them holding hands as they run to the centre circle for the toss before the game. They're going to toss before the game ?. :shocked:

hibs1875aye
13-08-2009, 11:42 AM
They're going to toss before the game ?. :shocked:

It'll end up on youtube, just like their very own billy elliott wannabe :greengrin:jamboak:

Phil D. Rolls
13-08-2009, 11:43 AM
Is there not a bit of a Yam tradition in all this? I remember they won some trophy or other in 1998, and a red faced man in a suit grabbed it off Stevie Fulton - who had played the whole game - and claimed that he was actually the captain. KB believers quickly spun this to read that they were actually "joint captains".

Sandy
13-08-2009, 11:43 AM
Agreed - but they did it last season, all they need is a dozen goals from either of Elliott or Nade and they are well on the way. Does worry me.

Agreed also on comments on Hibs. We are a few players of a decent squad but we do need competition for the places and I hope that is something the youngsters will bring in...

:faf::faf: You were doing ok up until that point as well :greengrin

Jack
13-08-2009, 11:47 AM

I don’t think the joke is having a joint captaincy it’s the fact that there's a real possibility both could get sent off in a game, as well as them both being of dubious character.

One has thug tendencies while the other, even if he was to last a full 90 minutes, is hardly the tactful ambassador of a kaptain one might associate with the traditional captain role.

Still who else is there over there?

If Only
13-08-2009, 12:01 PM
I don’t think the joke is having a joint captaincy it’s the fact that there's a real possibility both could get sent off in a game, as well as them both being of dubious character.

One has thug tendencies while the other, even if he was to last a full 90 minutes, is hardly the tactful ambassador of a kaptain one might associate with the traditional captain role.

Still who else is there over there?

Doesnt mention joint captains here
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/default.stm

Jack
13-08-2009, 12:52 PM
Doesnt mention joint captains here
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/default.stm

Oh yes it does :wink: :agree: :greengrin

"I really have two captains," manager Csaba Laszlo told the club website. "They will have joint responsibility.

If Only
13-08-2009, 01:02 PM
Oh yes it does :wink: :agree: :greengrin

You should be a reporter what about the first part captain and vice captain

Jack
13-08-2009, 01:33 PM
You should be a reporter what about the first part captain andvice captain

Its you that should have been the reporter, carefully selecting which bits of the quote that suits or to miss out :grr:

:greengrin

"Michael Stewart has been given the captain's armband at Hearts, with Marius Zaliukas acting as vice-captain"

Then what I quoted up there!

"I really have two captains," manager Csaba Laszlo told the club website. "They will have joint responsibility."

Although personally I think it will be 'joint irresponsibility'

If Only
13-08-2009, 01:42 PM
Its you that should have been the reporter, carefully selecting which bits of the quote that suits or to miss out :grr:

:greengrin

"Michael Stewart has been given the captain's armband at Hearts, with Marius Zaliukas acting as vice-captain"

Then what I quoted up there!

"I really have two captains," manager Csaba Laszlo told the club website. "They will have joint responsibility."

Although personally I think it will be 'joint irresponsibility'

Im terribly sorry please accept my profound apologies

Jack
13-08-2009, 02:10 PM
Im terribly sorry please accept my profound apologies

Your apology is accepted unreservedly :agree:

Please accept mine for any confusion caused previously :greengrin

EskbankHibby
13-08-2009, 02:23 PM
Fact is that Hearts now have a Hibs reject as their club captain/vice-captain.:wink:

McSwanky
13-08-2009, 02:28 PM
For example Marius is coming with me to a Scottish FA meeting at Hampden this afternoon and then will feature in a promotional photograph for the Clydesdale Bank.

So basically Mikey Stewart is the captain, but he's too ugly to get into any photo shoots, so they've chosen the slightly less ugly Zaliwhatsisname as the Tynecastle pin-up. Nice.

Jonnyboy
13-08-2009, 02:50 PM

Fraught with danger innit. Imagine when the ref tosses the coin at the start and Moany Stewart shouts heads whilst Hacker Zaliukas shouts tails. Only solution would be to fax Kaunas for the casting vote :wink:

iwasthere1972
13-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Thats why im not worried about them :wink:

Joint captaincy! Fuds!

Sums it up nicely for me.

Bit like being the boss one week and just one of the shop floor workers the next.

How it's going to work is beyond me.

AYE FUDS. :agree:

Mibbes Aye
13-08-2009, 05:53 PM
Fraught with danger innit. Imagine when the ref tosses the coin at the start and Moany Stewart shouts heads whilst Hacker Zaliukas shouts tails. Only solution would be to fax Kaunas for the casting vote :wink:

And that's where it all goes wrong. Lithuanian coins feature a bloke on a horse, which means you've only got a head and a tail on the same side :bitchy:.

The boy at the end of the fax line in Vilnius is going to be utterly confused.

What a shambles of a club.

Phil D. Rolls
13-08-2009, 05:57 PM
How typical of the officious, rule obeying Yams that they even have to have an official to oversee illegal drug taking. Where will it all end?

Toaods
13-08-2009, 07:38 PM
looks to me like Zaliukas is the Captain and Mikey Stewart get sthe armband as a way or refs to allow him more leeway when he has one of his childish tantrums.

Andy Bee
13-08-2009, 08:24 PM
I can't believe anyone hasn't noticed the BIG picture here, it's a given that both will be suspended for the majority of the season which leaves Nade to step up to the plate :drool: and take on both rolls :drool: :agree:

Riordans Boots
14-08-2009, 09:28 AM
Captain Stewart :rolleyes:

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Stewart-given-the-armband-ahead.5554205.jp

--------
14-08-2009, 10:31 AM

Zaliukas won't be playing that often, J.

And when he is, he'll just banjo Mikey and it'll be 'tails'.

Hibercelona
14-08-2009, 10:58 AM
They have nothing up front.

They will resort back to there old brick wall tactics..... putting 11 men on their goal line... :yawn:

Dinkydoo
14-08-2009, 11:55 AM
:faf:

...........and who are they going to blame if everything goes tits up during a game?

I think that a bit of innovation is welcome in the game but having two captains isn't a great idea in my opnion.

A captain and a vice maybe a better option but with both of them leading the team as equals (if you like) and trying to resolve difficulties during the game together is more likely to be problamatic imo.

Somebodies bound to spit the dummy out :dummytit:

....and I cany wait! :thumbsup: