2-0 Holland, its not all bad.:wink:

YehButNoBut
12-08-2009, 07:50 PM
Also on Sky 993 ITV London

--------
12-08-2009, 07:51 PM
2-0 Holland, its not all bad.:wink:

Right, right....

And we play whom in our last section match, the one we'll probably need to win about 3-0 to stand a snowball's chance of getting into a play-off tie so we can fail at the last hurdle yet again?

Let me think..... :rolleyes:

Holland? :cool2:

HH81
12-08-2009, 07:52 PM
Also on ITV 1 :wink:

Wales are on bbc red button if anyone wants an early night :wink:

hibs1875aye
12-08-2009, 07:52 PM
Every cloud and all that....shut yer puss jimmy hill

hibs1875aye
12-08-2009, 07:54 PM
Right, right....

And we play whom in our last section match, the one we'll probably need to win about 3-0 to stand a snowball's chance of getting into a play-off tie so we can fail at the last hurdle yet again?

Did you not say you don't really care about the national team anyway on the other thread with the poll?

You are right, were knackered but surely no need to gloat about it no?

YehButNoBut
12-08-2009, 07:55 PM
2-1 good goal from Defoe.

blackpoolhibs
12-08-2009, 07:57 PM
Right, right....

Come on doddie, how old are you? Surely you are not still thinking we can qualify for this world cup? Even if the unthinkable happened, and we managed to get 6 points from our last 2 games.:faf: Our goal difference wont be good enough. But again lets just say we win 5 nil in each of our last 2 games, and we do get that 2nd spot. We will then have to play a qualifier, against someone a lot better than we are. Doddie, we are oot, bring the fat lady out now.:wink:

hibs1875aye
12-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Come on doddie, how old are you? Surely you are not still thinking we can qualify for this world cup? Even if the unthinkable happened, and we managed to get 6 points from our last 2 games.:faf: Our goal difference wont be good enough. But again lets just say we win 5 nil in each of our last 2 games, and we do get that 2nd spot. We will then have to play a qualifier, against someone a lot better than we are. Doddie, we are oot, bring the fat lady out now.:wink:

We are 2nd. If we beat macedonia and take a draw with holland we'll come 2nd in the group. Given some of the other groups its not so mad to think we COULD make it.

The problem is, were inevtiably going to **** it up somewhere along the line like tonight!!!!!!

blackpoolhibs
12-08-2009, 08:05 PM
We are 2nd. If we beat macedonia and take a draw with holland we'll come 2nd in the group. Given some of the other groups its not so mad to think we COULD make it.

The problem is, were inevtiably going to **** it up somewhere along the line like tonight!!!!!!

I'm not 100% sure, but i think we need 6 point minimum, and need to improve our goal difference a lot, to get into the top 8 places that get the play off places.

iwasthere1972
12-08-2009, 08:08 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but i think we need 6 point minimum, and need to improve our goal difference a lot, to get into the top 8 places that get the play off places.

Make up your mind - Is the fat lady making an appearance tonight or not. :greengrin

Hibster
12-08-2009, 08:09 PM
Before today we were 7th out of the 9 second placed teams - with the two teams below us, Croatia and Ireland, both having games in hand over us. Think we'll need the 6 points to have even a chance

blackpoolhibs
12-08-2009, 08:09 PM
Make up your mind - Is the fat lady making an appearance tonight or not. :greengrin

She's singing, on the last verse as we speak.:wink:

AFKA5814_Hibs
12-08-2009, 08:13 PM

Wrong on both counts. We are now 3rd on gd, also if we beat Macedonia and draw with Holland we'll have 11 points, if Norway beat Macedonia and Iceland they'll have 12.

--------
12-08-2009, 08:18 PM

I am old enough to remember Stein preferring Ron Yeats to Neil Martin at centre-forward against Italy.

To remember Bremner missing from all of 6 inches against Brazil in 1974.

To remember us making IRAN look good in 1978.

To remember Miller and Hansen running into one another in 1982.

To remember us failing to beat 10-man Uruguay in 1986.

Costa Rica in 1990.

Norway and then Morocco in 1998.

The Faroes in the First Year of the Blessed Berti.

What on earth makes you think I would ever consider THAT Scotland team (or any Scotland team that ever was) EVER coming anywhere near beating The Netherlands?

Or even Macedonia.

The Fat Lady has sung.

And the song she sang was "Good-bye-ee, good-bye-ee, wipe the tear, baby dear, from your eye-ee...." :devil:

--------
12-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Did you not say you don't really care about the national team anyway on the other thread with the poll?

You are right, were knackered but surely no need to gloat about it no?

I said I find it hard to get emotionally involved when the team's set up and run the way it is by the SFA.

But watching that tonight still hurts.

I guess I feel about Scotland the way some folks felt about Hibs under Williamson - or Paatelainen last season....

Not gloating. Sorry if it sounded that way.

--------
12-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Before today we were 7th out of the 9 second placed teams - with the two teams below us, Croatia and Ireland, both having games in hand over us. Think we'll need the 6 points to have even a chance

CROATIA AND IRELAND?????? :confused:

Hibster
12-08-2009, 08:26 PM
CROATIA AND IRELAND?????? :confused:

yeah....out of all the second-placed teams, with results against the bottom placed teams not taken into consideration, those two are below us.

what do you mean?

hibs1875aye
12-08-2009, 08:33 PM
I said I find it hard to get emotionally involved when the team's set up and run the way it is by the SFA.

But watching that tonight still hurts.

I guess I feel about Scotland the way some folks felt about Hibs under Williamson - or Paatelainen last season....

Not gloating. Sorry if it sounded that way.

I hear you mate...that's kinda why I get so pissed off to be honest, due to the way we are run and thar arse buirley has been worse than the 2 judas huns before him ! Never thought id say that.

You're lucky mate...you seen 78 and Gemmil ! Us unlucky punters seen 1998 and failiure :greengrin

I'm sure we'll fail to qualify, I just hope for the outside chance that we don't!

Richard Scott
12-08-2009, 08:51 PM
Rubbish first half of football. Second half was how it should be. Milner and Defoe changed the whole game for us. Both of Hollands goals were very poor ones to give away. Fantastic atmosphere in that stadium tonight - both sets of fans chanting Bobby Robsons name :thumbsup:

mickey 4 eyes
12-08-2009, 08:52 PM
In the interests of closing off ths thread, final score 2-2, and other than the 2 individual aberrations which gifted Holland their goals, England dominated the game. :thumbsup:

hibs1875aye
12-08-2009, 08:56 PM
In the interests of closing off ths thread, final score 2-2, and other than the 2 individual aberrations which gifted Holland their goals, England dominated the game. :thumbsup:

That's as may be so but engerlund will once again be gubbed on penalties and ultimately WIN as much as Scotland namely, SFA ! HAHA :greengrin

mickey 4 eyes
12-08-2009, 09:06 PM
That's as may be so but engerlund will once again be gubbed on penalties and ultimately WIN as much as Scotland namely, SFA ! HAHA :greengrin

Of course, silly! I know that as well as you, but this is the mindless optimism and totally unjustified euphoria stage of the build up, so let me go on dreaming just for a little while longer :wink:

Forza Inglaterra, Forza Hibs! :flag: