PDA

View Full Version : Hawrts & Ladies Football.

Golden Bear
12-08-2009, 03:41 PM
Quote from today's Daily Express:-

" For all their financial difficulties, Hearts have moved into womems' football for the first time.
The tynecastle club have adopted a local ladies team from Musselburgh and the young squad will represent the Edinburgh club in the Scottish Women's football First Division next season."

They just had to didn't they - they couldn't possibly let their wee neighbours grab all the limelight in the womens football league. Or is this just another ploy by the mad one - perhaps he thinks the girls will do the laundry free of charge as an appreciating of representing the mighty hawrts?

In any case -------------- shame on you Musselburgh "LADIES?"

:greengrin

Jonnyboy
12-08-2009, 03:45 PM
Quote from today's Daily Express:-

" For all their financial difficulties, Hearts have moved into womems' football for the first time.
The tynecastle club have adopted a local ladies team from Musselburgh and the young squad will represent the Edinburgh club in the Scottish Women's football First Division next season."

They just had to didn't they - they couldn't possibly let their wee neighbours grab all the limelight in the womens football league. Or is this just another ploy by the mad one - perhaps he thinks the girls will do the laundry free of charge as an appreciating of representing the mighty hawrts?

In any case -------------- shame on you Musselburgh "LADIES?"

More broken hearts :greengrin

Just like these ones :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJmTc-QqRu8&feature=related

cabbageandribs1875
12-08-2009, 04:34 PM
i heard that plans are at an advanced stage for renaming musselburgh the 'dishonest toun'

MUSSI LEE
12-08-2009, 05:11 PM
the boy who is running the team is a total idiot fact :agree:

EskbankHibby
12-08-2009, 05:26 PM

Romanov? I love him.

givescotlandfreedom
12-08-2009, 07:26 PM
Hearts of East Lothian? They're too wee for Edinburgh.

surreyhibbie
12-08-2009, 09:31 PM
oh, the shame, the shame....:boo hoo:

Jonnyboy
12-08-2009, 10:18 PM
Look on the bright side, Vlad might import some Lithuanian wimmin :greengrin

poolman
13-08-2009, 12:32 AM
Maybe they're gonna build a big new shiny stand and hotel at Olivebank :greengrin

Owain_1987
13-08-2009, 12:38 AM
More broken hearts :greengrin

Just like these ones :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJmTc-QqRu8&feature=related

What a vid :greengrin

CABBAGE & RIBS
13-08-2009, 01:26 AM

Who is it.

Phil D. Rolls
13-08-2009, 01:33 PM

See what he did there?

Hannah_hfc
17-08-2009, 09:42 PM
As a close follower (and player) in the Scottish Womens Football league, just noticed they lost 7-1 to the Glasgow City B team. :cool2:

jacomo
17-08-2009, 10:05 PM
As a close follower (and player) in the Scottish Womens Football league, just noticed they lost 7-1 to the Glasgow City B team. :cool2:

What do you think about Hearts creating a "franchise" like this? How were Musselburgh doing before the rebrand?

And do Hibs give our Ladies team enough support?

Hannah_hfc
17-08-2009, 10:50 PM
What do you think about Hearts creating a "franchise" like this? How were Musselburgh doing before the rebrand?

And do Hibs give our Ladies team enough support?

I actually think its a good thing they're backing a ladies team (i always assumed Tynecastle Ladies had an affiliation but appears not the case), if they can give the girls support whether thats in training facilities, coaches or even financially then its another step forward in boosting the game for females.

I'm not that caught up with teams outside the North-East, Aberdeenshire, Dundee etc but I know they play in the first division, i think coming about mid-table last season? I've tried to look it up but last years league tables are surprisingly hard to find

Finally regarding Hibs ladies, I think they're similar to Aberdeen Ladies in that the badge and the name is about as much as they get. Aberdeen Ladies maybe getting slightly more financial backing. Saying that though Hibs have a very good coaching set up for girls teams, alot of the first team are regular scotland players and the ladies team contend for premier league titles most seasons, so they must be coping fine:wink:

Isaac_Refvik
19-08-2009, 11:11 AM
Hearts didn't 'adopt' the Musselburgh team, it was done behind the backs of the Windsor committee if what I'm told is true. Entire squad and coaching staff moved en masse.

MUSSI LEE
19-08-2009, 02:59 PM
Hearts didn't 'adopt' the Musselburgh team, it was done behind the backs of the Windsor committee if what I'm told is true. Entire squad and coaching staff moved en masse.
i dont think 13s and 15s will become hearts girls

Golden Bear
19-08-2009, 03:54 PM
i dont think 13s and 15s will become hearts girls

Has no one told these unfortunate lassies that they are an essential part of mad Vlad's master plan for world domination of Ladies football?

I mean you just look at the muckle jessies he's got at Tynie just now!

PaulSmith
19-08-2009, 04:17 PM
IIRC Hibs ladies have the use of East Mains and play their games there. They're also supported by Hibs in terms of strips, balls etc.

I've also saw a few high ranking Hibs officials at their games so they do have quite a close affiliation