PDA

View Full Version : Marshall to Start....

Sylar
12-08-2009, 08:45 AM
According to the BBC, David Marshall is to start for Scotland vs Norway this evening :bitchy:

JimBHibees
12-08-2009, 08:52 AM
According to the BBC, David Marshall is to start for Scotland vs Norway this evening :bitchy:

Agree, dont rate him think Alexander is a better keeper.

Danderhall Hibs
12-08-2009, 08:52 AM

Would you have preferred Rangers’ reserve keeper or Clangfield?

Marty-Hibee
12-08-2009, 09:15 AM

Him every day over a Celtic reject IMO:agree:

Danderhall Hibs
12-08-2009, 09:23 AM
Him every day over a Celtic reject IMO:agree:

I think I agree. Did Marshall play for Norwich last weekend?

Seany HFC 7-0
12-08-2009, 09:24 AM
Id rather have Alexander but Burley's choice. By the way what time is the kick off our time? 6pm?

JE89
12-08-2009, 09:25 AM

Alexander was key for Rangers last season, filling in for that pr!ck.
Also played brilliantly in the UEFA cup for them the season before.

Much prefer him in goals ahead of Marshall :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
12-08-2009, 09:43 AM
Alexander was key for Rangers last season, filling in for that pr!ck.
Also played brilliantly in the UEFA cup for them the season before.

Much prefer him in goals ahead of Marshall :agree:

Marshall was brilliant that time he filled in at Celtc as well though. Seems they're eeksy-peeksy.

Pacos Pal
12-08-2009, 09:47 AM
Marshall has 2 caps. Goals conceded = 7!!

One those was versus Sweden at Easter Road if I recall

Velma Dinkley
12-08-2009, 09:49 AM
Marshall plays for Cardiff now, which is possibly a better team than Rangers these days. They're both decent keepers who should be able to come in and do well for Scotland.

Danderhall Hibs
12-08-2009, 09:53 AM
Marshall plays for Cardiff now, which is possibly a better team than Rangers these days. They're both decent keepers who should be able to come in and do well for Scotland.

Does he? So he had a clean sheet last weekend.

Hainan Hibs
12-08-2009, 09:57 AM
Would rather have Alexander in goals but without Gordon it's always an area I'll worry about. Hopefully Scotland can handle Carew well.

Ritchie
12-08-2009, 11:09 AM
full team (according to BBC)

David Marshall

Alan Hutton
Gary Caldwell
Steven Caldwell
Calum Davidson. :bitchy:

Graham Alexander (in the holding role over Hartley!!) :bitchy:

Kris Commons
Scott Brown
Darren Fletcher
Ross McCormack

Kenny Miller

no mcfadden????

hibs1875aye
12-08-2009, 11:10 AM
With the Chuckle (Caldwell) brothers in defence, we're in trouble before the ball is kicked. :agree:

hibs1875aye
12-08-2009, 11:12 AM

David Marshall

Alan Hutton
Gary Caldwell
Steven Caldwell

Kris Commons
Scott Brown
Darren Fletcher
Ross McCormack

Kenny Miller

no mcfadden????

McFadden is on the bench. What a fool Burley is. Miller AND McFadden up front would have been much better if we want to actually score tonight. Dropping someone like McCormack or Commons to slot in Faddy would have been the wise thing I think. Faddy can score from anywhere, when on his game!

fergal7
12-08-2009, 11:19 AM
A draw at best with that line up.

hibsdaft
12-08-2009, 11:20 AM
spoke to a Norwich s/t holder at a wedding recently about Marshall and he was slating him. one match wonder (Barcelona away in the Champions League years ago)

can't help wondering if the issue with Alexander not taking the shift is because of the Hun/ Scotland politics after Crabgate. Hun unity against Burley?

Danderhall Hibs
12-08-2009, 11:24 AM
can't help wondering if the issue with Alexander not taking the shift is because of the Hun/ Scotland politics after Crabgate. Hun unity against Burley?

Has Alexander withdrawn from the squad?

Danderhall Hibs
12-08-2009, 11:25 AM
A draw at best with that line up.

I don't think it's that bad - what could he have done differently that would make a dramatic difference?

in-me-pocket
12-08-2009, 11:27 AM
Where's the NHC ? This is a Hibs messageboard.

Couldnae care if it was Brandon Marshall or Archie Alexander playing in goals tonight. This is a Hibs messageboard.

Danderhall Hibs
12-08-2009, 11:29 AM

Couldnae care if it was Brandon Marshall or Archie Alexander playing in goals tonight. This is a Hibs messageboard.

The messageboard for all Hibs fans to chat about Hibs and football in general.

:whistle:

Hibs7
12-08-2009, 11:37 AM

David Marshall

Alan Hutton
Gary Caldwell
Steven Caldwell

Kris Commons
Scott Brown
Darren Fletcher
Ross McCormack

Kenny Miller

no mcfadden????

Burnley ain't as good as the Jambo's think, wrong man for the job, I think Scotland will get beat tonight.

Wotherspiniesta
12-08-2009, 11:40 AM
Why do we persist playing Kenny Miller? Miller will work his socks off up front, but he can't hold the ball up and will always bottle it when he gets a chance.

Ritchie
12-08-2009, 11:57 AM

you can tell this thread is scotland related by the title.

if your not interested, you dont have to click on it.... or can you not just help yourself???? :bye:

JE89
12-08-2009, 11:57 AM
Why do we persist playing Kenny Miller? Miller will work his socks off up front, but he can't hold the ball up and will always bottle it when he gets a chance.

:agree: Faddy will come on the last the year half hour regardless of the score.

fergal7
12-08-2009, 11:59 AM
I don't think it's that bad - what could he have done differently that would make a dramatic difference?

See post #23

Sylar
12-08-2009, 12:07 PM

David Marshall

Alan Hutton
Gary Caldwell
Steven Caldwell :bitchy:

Kris Commons :bitchy:
Scott Brown
Darren Fletcher
Ross McCormack

Kenny Miller

I'm guessing Burley must have his holidays already planned for next year, somewhere other than South Africa. The only reason I can think of him not having McFadden in the starting line up, is the McCormack is a similar type player :confused:

Graham Alexander in the holding role?!

Commons gaining yet another starting berth?! I've no arguments that he looks a good player at club level, but he's played a couple of matches for the national side now and has done very little to convince me he's worthy of a regular berth in the starting 11!

Very defensive lineup for a game we need to win.

Hainan Hibs
12-08-2009, 12:11 PM
Glad I can't see the game tonight because everytime Grame Alexander impersonates a football player for Scotland my tv is always in danger of being booted.
The 4 infront of him are the positves of the team, thats a strong midfield but Mcfadden has to be starting I feel.

Miller upfront? He showed against the Netherlands what happens 9 times out of 10 when he gets a chance. *****s it.

Hutton is the only man that gives me confidence at the back.

It could be a long night, but C'mon Scotland, get torn right intae thum and lets make 2nd place ours.

ArabHibee
12-08-2009, 12:12 PM

Phew! For a minute, when I read the title, I thought you were talking about Gordon! :greengrin

SteveHFC
12-08-2009, 12:13 PM
David Marshall :bitchy:

Alan Hutton
Gary Caldwell
Steven Caldwell
Calum Davidson :bitchy:

Graham Alexander :bitchy:

Kris Commons
Scott Brown
Darren Fletcher
Ross McCormack

Kenny Miller :bitchy:

Danderhall Hibs
12-08-2009, 12:48 PM
See post #23

Fair enough. I suppose Fletcher could Miller's job.

Don't have a problem with McFadden being on the bench though. Or Callum Davidson - he's a left-back and he's done it before. Whittaker's the other option - he's a right-back with no caps and he's never been battered by Denis Wise.