PDA

View Full Version : Hibs huns

heretoday
11-08-2009, 10:46 PM
Who is your favourite Hibs Hun?

The thread about Dobbie set me off. There's been a few since Fyfe and Scott although not that many.

I remember thinking it was really strange when they signed for Hibs.

Usually, the traffic has been in the other direction e.g. Stein and Murray.

Any thoughts?

mim
11-08-2009, 10:54 PM
Who is your favourite Hibs Hun?

The thread about Dobbie set me off. There's been a few since Fyfe and Scott although not that many.

I remember thinking it was really strange when they signed for Hibs.

Usually, the traffic has been in the other direction e.g. Stein and Murray.

Any thoughts?

The only one I can think of (apart from Murray coming home) is big Sammy Baird. If that's all there are, then Sammy would be my favourite.

heretoday
11-08-2009, 11:01 PM
The only one I can think of (apart from Murray coming home) is big Sammy Baird. If that's all there are, then Sammy would be my favourite.

Yup. At the risk of strangling my thread at birth I have compiled a list. It's not definitive.

Baird, Bell, Dobbie, Durie, Goram, Fyfe, Hamilton, Henderson, Kirkwood, Latapy, Miller, Munro, Paterson, Scott, Stein, Wilkins.

Joe Baker II
12-08-2009, 09:26 AM
Not an Alex Miller hater so he is probably one.

Dougie Bell was immense at first when he signed.

Seany HFC 7-0
12-08-2009, 09:32 AM
Thomson :duck::wink:

--------
12-08-2009, 10:30 AM
Yup. At the risk of strangling my thread at birth I have compiled a list. It's not definitive.

Baird, Bell, Dobbie, Durie, Goram, Fyfe, Hamilton, Henderson, Kirkwood, Latapy, Miller, Munro, Paterson, Scott, Stein, Wilkins.

Some of those left to go to Ibrox, others came from Ibrox to ER.

Baird, Bell, and Alex Scott are the three who came to us from Rangers (Alex via Everton) who I would say were respectable signings.

(There were TWO Scotts signed for us who were ex-Rangers - Jim's brother Alex who came to us from Everton as a right-winger and who played against Naples, and Ally Scott who arrived with Graham Fyfe in Turnbull's time. Alex was a veteran by the time he came to us, but a gentleman and a player of great talent; Ally was in my humble opinion an aberration of nature who should have been put in a zoo. In the cage between Joe Harper and Dave Beaumont.)

ginger_rice
12-08-2009, 10:38 AM
Fyfe and Scott
Any thoughts?

:shocked: Why did you do that I'd forgotton all about those two ahem "stars"

--------
12-08-2009, 10:56 AM
:shocked: Why did you do that I'd forgotton all about those two ahem "stars"

I still wake up screaming in the night dreaming about that pair.

Still can't work what Turnbull could possibly have been thinking of signing them.

garyrobertson85
12-08-2009, 11:08 AM
ray wilkins 5 or 6 clubs later :duck:

1959 Hibby
12-08-2009, 11:09 AM
I still wake up screaming in the night dreaming about that pair.

Still can't work what Turnbull could possibly have been thinking of signing them.

Fyfe in particular must be strong contender for worst player to play for Hibs in the last 30 years. As far as i can recall, Scott was about as mobile as Nade

garyrobertson85
12-08-2009, 11:12 AM
Fyfe in particular must be strong contender for worst player to play for Hibs in the last 30 years. As far as i can recall, Scott was about as mobile as Nade

worse than hurtado?:confused:

hibs1875aye
12-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Who is your favourite Hibs Hun? Any thoughts?

There is something to like about huns? :confused: :greengrin

--------
12-08-2009, 11:18 AM
worse than hurtado?:confused:

Hard as it may be to credit - YES!

Truly horrible players, both Scott and Fyfe.

Fyfe reminded me of Igor the hunchback in the Frankenstein movies.

Scott was where Igor finally found that brain for his master.

:rolleyes:

Forza Fred
12-08-2009, 04:16 PM

Yes, Sammy Baird by a country mile for those fortuante or unfortunate enough to be old enough to remember him.

His coolness, positional sense and 'cheek' especially when taking penalties was sublime.

erin go bragh
12-08-2009, 10:23 PM
Not an Alex Miller hater so he is probably one.

Dougie Bell was immense at first when he signed.
he had an amazing first touch and was very skillfull but was as fast as turtle on valium