PDA

View Full Version : NHC Steven Dobbie

wazoo1875
11-08-2009, 08:51 PM
See he got off to a good start for Swansea tonight with a couple of goals in a 3-0 win . Good luck to the boy , it's a big step up from our first div to the championship :thumbsup:

erin go bragh
11-08-2009, 09:02 PM
See he got off to a good start for Swansea tonight with a couple of goals in a 3-0 win . Good luck to the boy , it's a big step up from our first div to the championship :thumbsup:
liked the look of him when he first arrived at us but apart from scoring our goal against the huns at hampden[when we put them out ] he always looked out of his depth and overweight so i couldnt give a flying duck about him now as he should have trained harder and put more effort in to make the grade with us :grr:

Billychaotic182
11-08-2009, 09:10 PM
good luck to him.

hibee_boy
11-08-2009, 09:37 PM
liked the look of him when he first arrived at us but apart from scoring our goal against the huns at hampden[when we put them out ] he always looked out of his depth and overweight so i couldnt give a flying duck about him now as he should have trained harder and put more effort in to make the grade with us :grr:

47 goals in 2 seasons at QOTS, and a double for Swansea tonight, not bad

sleeping giant
11-08-2009, 09:48 PM
47 goals in 2 seasons at QOTS, and a double for Swansea tonight, not bad

:agree:

Good luck to the lad

heretoday
11-08-2009, 10:29 PM
He's great.

jgl07
11-08-2009, 10:37 PM
What about the hat trick v Montrose?

IWasThere2016
12-08-2009, 07:47 AM
The boy's class!

Danderhall Hibs
12-08-2009, 07:49 AM
He’ll be in with a shout for the Scotland squad if he can bang a few more in. And just think about all those threads ridiculing him…

Ritchie
12-08-2009, 07:55 AM
best player to be let go from hibs in recent times......* :agree:

*except for shelton martis :devil:

Seany HFC 7-0
12-08-2009, 08:07 AM
I always thought he was a good player was gutted to see him go.
Hop he does really well down there :thumbsup:

LancsHibs
12-08-2009, 08:19 AM
to think people ridiculed a poster on here who not that long ago suggested getting the Dobster back!

Think he will score a shed load this season, 2nd goal last night was an absolute peach:agree: Well done Steven.

sunshine1875
12-08-2009, 10:54 AM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/league_cup/8190041.stm

includes interview with Dobbie

Dashing Bob S
12-08-2009, 10:57 AM
Fair play to him coming back after being released by us. That was obviously a wake-up call for him and he responded in the best possible way, by working hard at his game and losing weight. Always had good anticipation, an eye for goal and a decent strike, but seems to have added a couple of yards of pace to his game.

--------
12-08-2009, 11:04 AM
He’ll be in with a shout for the Scotland squad if he can bang a few more in. And just think about all those threads ridiculing him…

If Rangers reserve players are eligible, I don't see why the Dobbmeister shouldn't at least be in the squad.

Hope things go really well for him. :agree:

Mike777
13-08-2009, 11:11 AM
http://channelbee.com/forums/8/topics/36865/posts

video of his two goals against brighton.

Judas Iscariot
13-08-2009, 11:19 AM
We defo should've resigned him :agree:

Petrie :grr:

ian cruise
13-08-2009, 11:25 AM
We defo should've resigned him :agree:

Petrie :grr:

i definetly agree, always liked the boy, but he was always over wait, unfortunatly we would have hadto come in for him a season ago because we never would have been able to compete with championship clubs wages.

mixu probably never even looked at the boy so don't know if you could blame petrie,

but hey, if you want to who am i to stop you! :devil:

--------
13-08-2009, 11:31 AM

includes interview with Dobbie

Looks well, very fit, and a good interview.

Didn't mean the second goal? :rolleyes:

We'll never get him back now. Boro on Saturday....

Part/Time Supporter
13-08-2009, 11:40 AM
Fair play to him coming back after being released by us. That was obviously a wake-up call for him and he responded in the best possible way, by working hard at his game and losing weight. Always had good anticipation, an eye for goal and a decent strike, but seems to have added a couple of yards of pace to his game.

He didn't really wake up until St. Johnstone punted him out on loan to Dumbarton. He was at his tubbiest while playing for Saints.

--------
13-08-2009, 11:43 AM
He didn't really wake up until St. Johnstone punted him out on loan to Dumbarton. He was at his tubbiest while playing for Saints.

He ain't tubby now.

3pm
13-08-2009, 11:50 AM

He was never out of his depth. He just wasn't fit enough. IMO. :greengrin

Ritchie
13-08-2009, 12:10 PM

classy second goal.... :agree: