PDA

View Full Version : Student Season Ticket Question

Hibees07
11-08-2009, 04:20 PM
I purchased a student season ticket (on-line) for my 17 year old son who is still at school (starting 6th year), I picked up his ticket yesterday & discovered that the first 5 vouchers were missing. I phoned the ticket office to find out why and they said that they were removed because they needed proof that he was a student and the missing tickets would be sent out as soon as they had this. Anyway, I explained that he was still at school and had no student card etc, so they said that there must have been an error and that I could pick up a new season ticket on Saturday prior to the game.

Herein lies the problem, I will be in Paris, so my two son's are going to the game themselves. I can picture the scenario, my son goes up to the desk and asks for the new ticket, the person at the desk asks for Student ID, my son say's he does not have any as he is still at school, the ticket office refuse to change the ticket & my boys are stuck outside the ground.

Anyway, to the question, has anyone had a similar issue with the student season ticket, also, is there anything my son can take to prove he is still at school, just incase my scenario comes true. :confused:

hibsboy90
11-08-2009, 04:47 PM
I purchased a student season ticket (on-line) for my 17 year old son who is still at school (starting 6th year), I picked up his ticket yesterday & discovered that the first 5 vouchers were missing. I phoned the ticket office to find out why and they said that they were removed because they needed proof that he was a student and the missing tickets would be sent out as soon as they had this. Anyway, I explained that he was still at school and had no student card etc, so they said that there must have been an error and that I could pick up a new season ticket on Saturday prior to the game.

Herein lies the problem, I will be in Paris, so my two son's are going to the game themselves. I can picture the scenario, my son goes up to the desk and asks for the new ticket, the person at the desk asks for Student ID, my son say's he does not have any as he is still at school, the ticket office refuse to change the ticket & my boys are stuck outside the ground.

Anyway, to the question, has anyone had a similar issue with the student season ticket, also, is there anything my son can take to prove he is still at school, just incase my scenario comes true. :confused:

A letter from the school, or any correspondance like that would work most likely. This with your sons name on it, along with him producing a driving license, young scot card etc would most likely allow them to hand over the ticket.

I was never queried on whether i was at school or not, so don't take this suggestion as gospel, but it would be hard for the TO to refuse to give out one ticket, when documentation has been provided.

OtterHibee
11-08-2009, 04:52 PM

You should have purchased a concession ST rather than a student's one. Student's tickets are for those in further education (Uni, basically). A school pupil under the age of 18 is still considered a concession. That's the issue there.

If they are exchanging the ST for a concession book as they should be, your son should not need any ID when he collects it. If that is for whatever reason not the case, get him to explain the situation to the T/O staff. It might be an idea to take his Young Scot/National Entitlement card with him to prove his age just in case.

CABBAGE & RIBS
11-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Give the laddie money so if it does happen he can buy a ticket and you will get a refund when he get's the proper season ticket book.

Dashing Bob S
11-08-2009, 05:01 PM
...featuring...Shaun Lawson!!!

Scouse Hibee
11-08-2009, 06:48 PM
As already mentioned should be simple as you should have a concession ticket 15-18 and not a student one which requires student ID. The TO should change it no problem, why not drop Judith Ireland an e-mail and send your son armed with her response to the TO so there is no confusion.

Cocaine&Caviar
11-08-2009, 07:15 PM
I had a similar problem as they wouldnt send me the Season Ticket until i could show ID, and dont recieve that until september and they sent me concession tickets until i got my ID?