PDA

View Full Version : Closed doors v Livi today

Jaz
11-08-2009, 03:44 PM
I'm hearing a reserve/fringe player XI lost 1-0 at East Mains today.

Dunno if this has already been covered on here?

FWIW: Benji played for an hour. Hibs had plenty of possession but couldnae score and Keenan was the best player on the park :confused:

The Livi players are presumably away hame with their strips to get their Mums to wash them.

Toaods
11-08-2009, 03:46 PM
covered on the PM board...:wink:

Jaz
11-08-2009, 03:47 PM

Did I hear right then?

Petrie's Tache
11-08-2009, 03:48 PM
I'm hearing a reserve/fringe player XI lost 1-0 at East Mains today.

Dunno if this has already been covered on here?

FWIW: Benji played for an hour. Hibs had plenty of possession but couldnae score and Keenan was the best player on the park :confused:

The Livi players are presumably away hame with their strips to get their Mums to wash them.

Hmmmmmmmmmm::greengrin

Toaods
11-08-2009, 03:48 PM
Did I hear right then?

sorry...cannot openly disclose comments from the inner sanctums...:greengrin

Darth Hibbie
11-08-2009, 03:50 PM
I can't take the pressure. I must confess. There was no game it was just something the private members made up to fool the main board :devil:

Toaods
11-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Benji played for an hour.

Hibs had plenty of possession but couldnae score

Keenan was the best player on the park

:faf:

CropleyWasGod
11-08-2009, 03:56 PM
sorry...cannot openly disclose comments from the inner sanctums...:greengrin

A Pedant writes:-

I think you will find it is sancta. :nerd:

Or is it recta? :devil:

oconnors_strip
11-08-2009, 04:27 PM
ooohhhhhhh only private members know the goings ons at hibs before us lower class memebers. any more news that should be shared with your fellow hibees?:greengrin

oh just to let us non private members know kurtis bryne played today but didnt have a great game, still feeling a bit tight and tired after his groin op last week.

Toaods
11-08-2009, 04:32 PM

no, just bruised 'em (#reference - corny old joke)

--------
11-08-2009, 04:33 PM

And even more pedantic pedant writes:

The term 'sanctum' used in this context is properly understood as an abbreviated form of the phrase 'sanctum sanctorum', translated as 'the holy of holies', or alternatively, 'the very holiest place there is'.

The derivation is, I believe, from the Latin Vulgate translation of the Bible, of St Jerome, and the phrase refers to the innermost room of the temple in Jerusalem where the Ark of the Covenant was kept, and where the High Priest offered a blood sacrifice for the sins of the people each year on the Day of Atonement, Yom Kippur.

Since there can be only ONE 'very holiest place there is', a plural form of the word 'sanctum' is clearly inappropriate. There can be only ONE 'sanctum sanctorum', and therefore (properly understood) only one 'sanctum'.

On the other hand, the world is absolutely bung-full of recta. :devil:

Golden Bear
11-08-2009, 04:38 PM

Hmm - if rumours are true you need to roll up yer trooser leg and be familiar with the sexual fantasies of a goat before you're allowed admittance to the PM board.

:greengrin

Jaz
11-08-2009, 04:43 PM
I've checked the PM board and I can't see any more detail than is on here.

1987green
11-08-2009, 04:52 PM
Benji did play and was poor Kurtis marked out of game by Livi Centre Backs Stack looked very good Keena was average nothing special Welsh was best Hibs player. Livi no 5 strolled game sure they gothim from Ipswich Watson I think was his name Yogi goin mental on sidelines at Booth and Thicot

Toaods
11-08-2009, 04:55 PM

I can't either, who claimed there was...:wink:

Toaods
11-08-2009, 04:58 PM
The term 'sanctum' used in this context is properly understood as an abbreviated form of the phrase 'sanctum sanctorum', translated as 'the holy of holies', or alternatively, 'the very holiest place there is'. :devil:

....as in the commonly used phrase:

"smelling like the inner sanctums of a ladies boudoir"...:dizzy:

Danderhall Hibs
11-08-2009, 05:01 PM

Apart from that thing about thingy.

--------
11-08-2009, 05:02 PM
no, just bruised 'em (#reference - corny old joke)

Aaaah, the old ones..... :devil:

--------
11-08-2009, 05:04 PM
....as in the commonly used phrase:

"smelling like the inner sanctums of a ladies boudoir"...:dizzy:

Eh? How did we get into a ladies boudoir? :confused:

BTW - did this game actually happen, or is this just a wind-up?

And if it did, how come Keenan's supposed to have played when Keenan was released last week?

JE89
11-08-2009, 05:43 PM
Eh? How did we get into a ladies boudoir? :confused:

And if it did, how come Keenan's supposed to have played when Keenan was released last week?

:dunno: Nothing on LiviLions about it :dunno:

josef k
11-08-2009, 05:48 PM
:dunno: Nothing on LiviLions about it :dunno:

There is a new interview now up on the bbc with Yogi at east mains. It has a 30 second clip of the friendly focusing on benji playing.

Danderhall Hibs
11-08-2009, 05:54 PM

Someone else said Keenan hadn't been released.

BEEJ
11-08-2009, 05:57 PM

Keenan has not been released; he has only been advised to find another club. He is still listed in the first team squad on the official site.

Whereas Campbell and Cropley, both released at the end of July, are no longer listed as squad members on the official site.

However, fully expect Keenan to be gone by midnight on 31st August even if he hasn't found a club by then.

Aubenas
11-08-2009, 10:36 PM

No joke,- apparently before they left, the former owners sold everything that wasn't nailed down, up to and including all the training kit and the groundsman's mower.

SFL really should be sharper with due diligence before prospective owners get go ahead.

Toaods
11-08-2009, 10:42 PM
SFL really should be sharper with due diligence before prospective owners get go ahead.

easy point to stress, however how much more diligent can you be than to sanction the go-ahead to someone who owns (amongst other large business ventures), a bank...:wink:

--------
11-08-2009, 10:51 PM
Keenan has not been released; he has only been advised to find another club. He is still listed in the first team squad on the official site.

Whereas Campbell and Cropley, both released at the end of July, are no longer listed as squad members on the official site.

However, fully expect Keenan to be gone by midnight on 31st August even if he hasn't found a club by then.

Ah. Thought he had gone. Ta. :greengrin