PDA

View Full Version : Byrne (if fit) or Nish on saturday

brownlies bits
10-08-2009, 09:03 PM
Looking forward to saturday but wondering what would be the best two up front if we play a 4-4-2. i would like to see Byrne getting his chance alongside Deek and keep knocking the ball to feet with Zooma backin up from the midfield. The less the balls in the air the better we aint the biggest side in the league. Any thoughts.

Cool_Hand_Luke
10-08-2009, 09:07 PM
Looking forward to saturday but wondering what would be the best two up front if we play a 4-4-2. i would like to see Byrne getting his chance alongside Deek and keep knocking the ball to feet with Zooma backin up from the midfield. The less the balls in the air the better we aint the biggest side in the league. Any thoughts.

What about Benji :confused: :devil:

ballengeich
10-08-2009, 09:20 PM
Nish. I hope Byrne has a future, but Nish is an SPL player now.

Billychaotic182
10-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Nish

whereswallace?
10-08-2009, 09:24 PM
It would be a big ask IMO to expect Byrne to come right in and start on Saturday,i also think thought that Nish is not the man wee need playing as the main striker.I think a big strong striker should have been signed.

lyonhibs
10-08-2009, 09:34 PM

Seems a bit unlikely that Zouma will start - Wotherspoon to replace him IMO.

And, yes Byrne showed more energy and guile in 15 minutes than Colin Nish has shown in the previous 26 years, so get him in.

St Mirren at home is the ideal game to test these youngsters - we should have enough to beat St Mirren anyway (no disprespect to them) and if it goes balls up, it's very early in the season and totally rectifiable.

lucky
10-08-2009, 10:10 PM
Stokes :wink:

silverhibee
10-08-2009, 10:24 PM
What about Benji :confused: :devil:

Benji only started training today so cannot see him starting any games soon.

silverhibee
10-08-2009, 10:25 PM
Nish for me.

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2009, 10:33 PM
With the lack of any other forwards who are fit at the moment, it has to be nish. Although hopefully we get someone in soon, as imho nish should be nowhere near a first team shirt.

Cool_Hand_Luke
10-08-2009, 10:40 PM
Benji only started training today so cannot see him starting any games soon.

Any indication of how he was...with regards to attitude - was he raring to go/couldn't be bothered - and how far behind he is in terms of fitness?

:greengrin

sboothibs
10-08-2009, 10:49 PM
If it, as it sounds, unlikely that Zouma will start - possibly Wotherspoon to replace him.

To be honest its St Mirren at home so it should be a good time to see what we have in terms of the youngsters but not until later in the match.

I have liked the look of Byrne so far in the matches i have seen but not for a start, too early IMO. His time will come.

Anyway roll on Saturday, its been too long without the buzz of Easter Road.:thumbsup:

CABBAGE & RIBS
10-08-2009, 10:53 PM
Nish for me, he does make a lot of goals for hibs and gets a few himself.

hibsdaft
10-08-2009, 11:21 PM
i like the look of Byrne but Nish has been played in the friendlies so will probably get the first hour shift at least.

VegasHibby
11-08-2009, 12:09 AM
I'd take a gamble on Byrne. Maybe the time is right for him......

Big90inOz
11-08-2009, 02:51 AM
Nish hat trick in first half, Byrne on for the second :greengrin

M8UDB
11-08-2009, 06:32 AM
Get Nish on from the start and then just after half time when he has been caught offside for the 263rd time put Byrne on. Byrne looks a good player from what ive seen and because he is trying to break into the first team he will be keen as anything and wanting to prove himself.

Keith_M
11-08-2009, 06:45 AM
Get Nish on from the start and then just after half time when he has been caught offside for the 263rd time put Byrne on. Byrne looks a good player from what ive seen and because he is trying to break into the first team he will be keen as anything and wanting to prove himself.

I second that.

MyJo
11-08-2009, 07:08 AM
Nish will be blowing oot his erse after half an hour anyway so give them a half each

Sprouleflyer
11-08-2009, 07:32 AM
Nish until he's pish......then Byrne for the last 20 mins

FifeHibby
11-08-2009, 07:38 AM
Start with Nish,bring Byrne on.

blackpoolhibs
11-08-2009, 09:12 AM
Nish until he's pish.

We cant sub him after 10 seconds.:confused:

Aldo
11-08-2009, 10:58 AM
Stokes :wink:

:agree:

Would love this and you never though???

Aldo
11-08-2009, 10:59 AM
Sorry should answer the question.

Nish

Hibeescott
11-08-2009, 12:29 PM
Im pretty amazed people are saying to play Kurtis when I bet half of them havnt even seen him play other than the 5 mintues against preston.

I also could put money on the fact we will not be playing 4-4-2 which means Nish should definately play as Kurtis cant be a lone striker. Nish also played very well second half against Bolton IMO.

Having seen alot of Kurtis last year he has the potential to be a very good player but he needs to become much more consistent. He didnt actually score alot of goals last year but because he scored the goals in the cup final and the final league game everyone thinks he should go straight into the first team. As I said he has the potential but needs brought in slowly.

Delboy4
11-08-2009, 12:46 PM
It has to be Nish, I don't think that young Byrne is ready yet to start the games. Bring him on for the last 20 mins and build on that each week.

Remember last season - FIVE of Fletcher's goals were all laid on by Nish...

He does a lot of donkey work up front - more than what Riordan would do for the team!

As I said to two guys sitting in front of me last season who were slating Nish, just watch Nish and not the ball and ask yourself who else would be roughing up the centre half and running into the channels? Mind you, It did help my cause when he scored 5 minutes later.:greengrin

GGTTH

dublinhfc
11-08-2009, 12:54 PM
If nish just stands there moaning and not looking accross the line for 90 minuets maybe the ball will just bounce off him for a goal???

Pity we did not have a lightning paced winger who delivered the perfect ball everytime........can we get O'Brien back????:greengrin

Get the young laddie on, nish is garbagio......he wouldnae even run away from a ticking bomb. He'd do well in a bob sleigh team though with the amount of time he spends on his erse.

RoslinInstHibby
11-08-2009, 12:58 PM
nish should start, he is a far better player than a lot of pople give him credit for. His assist/goals record last leason wasnt too bad at all. Byrne should be brought on towards the end of matches and gradually as the season progresses given more match time.

Ritchie
11-08-2009, 01:02 PM
is byrne not injured?? :confused:

bighairyfaeleith
11-08-2009, 01:17 PM
It has to be Nish, I don't think that young Byrne is ready yet to start the games. Bring him on for the last 20 mins and build on that each week.

He does a lot of donkey work up front - more than what Riordan would do for the team!

As I said to two guys sitting in front of me last season who were slating Nish, just watch Nish and not the ball and ask yourself who else would be roughing up the centre half and running into the channels? Mind you, It did help my cause when he scored 5 minutes later.:greengrin

GGTTH

TBH as he is a ****ing donkey I would be surprised if he didn't, doesn't mean he is good enough for hibs though :rolleyes:

dublinhfc
11-08-2009, 01:21 PM
[QUOTE=Delboy4;2126103]It has to be Nish, I don't think that young Byrne is ready yet to start the games. Bring him on for the last 20 mins and build on that each week.

What is your point caller

And Maka got his hands to more corners, Deek is a different player completely, cant compare the 2, Simple fact is Nish is St Johnstone / Kilmarnock quality at very best

Delboy4
11-08-2009, 01:53 PM
[QUOTE=Delboy4;2126103]It has to be Nish, I don't think that young Byrne is ready yet to start the games. Bring him on for the last 20 mins and build on that each week.

What is your point caller
Eh, If you are playing up front, do you make ALL the goals yourself - Point is Caller - A Goal scorer needs HELP...! If you have played football, especially up front, you CANNOT do it all yourself...

And Maka got his hands to more corners, Deek is a different player completely, cant compare the 2, Simple fact is Nish is St Johnstone / Kilmarnock quality at very best

What's your point ? - I didn't say that Deeks would be a different player, I'm saying he doesn't play that way, HE SCORES GOALS - So, he needs Nish to do the work for him. Benji,Byrne etc will not do that! Come to think of it neither will Stokes.

I'm not saying that Nish is the best in the league, I'm saying he is the best that we have at the moment to play the big centre forward, taking knocks for the ball players and giving a few assists on the way.

dublinhfc
11-08-2009, 02:32 PM
your point was that Nish would do more for the team than Riordan, i assume in terms of physical work (as he is incapable of anything else). I dont see how you can compare 2 completely different players on thier work rate. However as they are both forwards lets compare them on thier shooting ability, passing ability, ability to take on a man and have an end product, reading of the game, ability to turn a game, all thinigs i am sure you are more than comfortbale with, if you have played up front.

I revert to my original point, Nish is simply not good enough,

umpteen chances on goal before he scores IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Ending up on your hole more often than not IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Having no end product IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Being able to hold the ball and take the odd kick at this level IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Might be asking too much i know but we can all live in hope that we find the correct combination i cannot see Nishy as part of that, St Johnstone, Killie or Hearts yes ......HIBS NO!!

Delboy4
11-08-2009, 03:19 PM
your point was that Nish would do more for the team than Riordan, i assume in terms of physical work (as he is incapable of anything else). I dont see how you can compare 2 completely different players on thier work rate. However as they are both forwards lets compare them on thier shooting ability, passing ability, ability to take on a man and have an end product, reading of the game, ability to turn a game, all thinigs i am sure you are more than comfortbale with, if you have played up front.

I revert to my original point, Nish is simply not good enough,

umpteen chances on goal before he scores IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Ending up on your hole more often than not IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Having no end product IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Being able to hold the ball and take the odd kick at this level IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Might be asking too much i know but we can all live in hope that we find the correct combination i cannot see Nishy as part of that, St Johnstone, Killie or Hearts yes ......HIBS NO!!

My point was that Nish does a different job than Riordan, I said Riordan scores goals but needs someone up front to take the "heat" of him. Name a player in our squad that can do that?

I agree with what you say about Nish, what he can and cannot do, but whilst we don't have any other alternative to play in that role and he wears a Hibs strip, I am 100% behind him.

And yes, I played up front for many a year at a good level and you do need a hitman with the flair player...And before you say it, yes I WASN'T the flair player!!! :greengrin

Remember, we are Hibs who sell all their good players and are going down the route of the Killies etc because we won't pay wages, signing on fees - we might be the mighty Hibs of when I was a lad but with Mr Petrie not spending any of the money that we pulled in this summer we have to play players like Nish.

Sorry for the :blah:

Anyway
I wish we could sign four players;

A replacement for Rob Jones
A good right back
A big centre forward
A quick Right Winger who can cross the ball

Then I woke up.:boo hoo:

GGTTH

ancient hibee
11-08-2009, 03:44 PM
Last season Nish scored almost as many goals as Fletcher and had far more assists.Byrne may make it as a player but has just had an operation,is nowhere near fit and has some way to go to be first team level.

Delboy4
11-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Last season Nish scored almost as many goals as Fletcher and had far more assists.Byrne may make it as a player but has just had an operation,is nowhere near fit and has some way to go to be first team level.

Thank god someone has looked at his assists and goal tally for last season, afterall he is rubbish...:wink:

brownlies bits
11-08-2009, 06:36 PM
Have read all the comments and i just think the way Yogi wants to play football on the deck we should be lookin at forwards with a good first touch, can turn a player, stays on his feet and go past a defender.Nish cant do any of this, under Mixu he did well cos the ball got lumped up to him and he did get a few goals and assists but mainly fell on his arse or got caught offside. We know Riordan and Zooma have got the talent and think somebody like Byrne or even J J or Benji if he gets his head out his arse, could give us something different. Maybe its to much to ask to have some decent ball players in the team rather than plodders, but hey everybodys got an opinion how the game should be played,been some good posts though :greengrin

Jaz
11-08-2009, 07:37 PM
Don't see Riordan and Byrne being the starting front two for Hibs very often.

Very similar players in the sense that they don't get that involved in set up play (some call it lazy) but are both the type of player to get that glory goal having hardly had a kick all day.

woodyhfc4892
11-08-2009, 09:21 PM
is byrne not injured?? :confused:

He played in the closed door game today so no :greengrin

JimBHibees
12-08-2009, 08:51 AM
Not even a debate IMO. Nish by a mile. Kurtis will get his time when he is fit and ready. Good player from the bench though.

Keith_M
12-08-2009, 09:17 AM
Im pretty amazed people are saying to play Kurtis when I bet half of them havnt even seen him play other than the 5 mintues against preston.

Most people seem to be saying, though, that he should be brought on later in the game, as a replacement for Nish. Surely that is introducing him slowly?

We have to see what the laddie can do, so he needs game time, starting off as a sub.