PDA

View Full Version : NHC Barry Ferguson

Golden Bear
10-08-2009, 05:09 PM
I've never had any time for the overrated wee nyaff but I do think he has a case here.

Seems as though the beaks in the SFA never had the balls to communicate with Ferguson directly. Looks like it's not only Mad Vlad that prefers a fax machine as the favoured means of communication!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/8193507.stm

iwasthere1972
10-08-2009, 05:19 PM
I've never had any time for the overrated wee nyaff but I do think he has a case here.

Seems as though the beaks in the SFA never had the balls to communicate with Ferguson directly. Looks like it's not only Mad Vlad that prefers a fax machine as the favoured means of communication!

He's had about 5 months to put over his point but leaves it until the time when Scotland need to focus on their match with Norway.

No coincidence either. :grr:

Golden Bear
10-08-2009, 05:21 PM
He's had about 5 months to put over his point but leaves it until the time when Scotland need to focus on their match with Norway.

Yep - the timing is wrong but it's his way of achieving maximum exposure for his "grievance".

kano
10-08-2009, 05:22 PM
I think he is spot on in what he is saying the sfa are a shambles.

lyonhibs
10-08-2009, 05:25 PM
He hasn't got a leg to stand on. He disrespected his country and his role as team captian in the 1st place, then acted like a petulant schoolkid waiting for his baws to drop by flicking the V's at the cameras. If the SFA had treated him with the same contempt that he treated the honour of playing for Scotland and the responsibilty that goes with it, they would have delivered the news wrapped up in a sh** covered envelope flung through his bedroom window.

He made his bed, so he can't complain if he isn't enjoying lying it it.

Oh, and way to go to add to your defence Barry - come out with this slaver just before a vital WC qualifying game :hmmm:

GGTTH

500miles
10-08-2009, 05:25 PM
He was still treated with greater respect than he treated the Scotland shirt with. Hope Burley has a framed copy of the fax on the dressing room wall.

JE89
10-08-2009, 05:29 PM
He said if he could go back and change things of course he would. Fair enough. But it's not as if it was a drinking session which they may or may not have been caught up in, the fact he gestured towards the camera's shows that he doesn't give a flying f*** about Scotland. I for one am glad that he'll never play again, we're better without him.

poolman
10-08-2009, 05:34 PM

Couldny give a flyin **** even if they let him know by carrier pigeon

Tosser :agree:

500miles
10-08-2009, 05:45 PM
He said if he could go back and change things of course he would. Fair enough. But it's not as if it was a drinking session which they may or may not have been caught up in, the fact he gestured towards the camera's shows that he doesn't give a flying f*** about Scotland. I for one am glad that he'll never play again, we're better without him.

To be fair, it just shows the same distain for the Scottish media that we are also guilty of. However, Ferguson has only ever played for Scotland when it suited him. The incident at the hotel should have been reason enough to bin him.

Jim44
10-08-2009, 05:45 PM
I'm glad he's personna non grata. He knows that he was out of order and to raise the issue, now, of how the SFA dealt with the situation is premeditated mischief-making. The guy's one of the lowest of the low.

stubru59
10-08-2009, 05:49 PM
Here is guy who made a complete arse himself and he's not happy at how the SFA has handled the matter.

You could not make it up.

bathhibby
10-08-2009, 05:51 PM
As Irvine would say - he's Hunbelievable
2 days before vital WC game does he really think this is good for the Team ?
Without doubt a deluded Ned

ancienthibby
10-08-2009, 05:54 PM

No case at all!!

The quy was, is and always will be, a grade A Tube!!

Even if you set aside his 'Loch Lomond antics' to allow this crap to be published on the eve of a critical qualification match just underlines for everyone that his only interest is the pay cheque he got for the interview!

Utterly, totally shameful!!

woody47
10-08-2009, 06:00 PM
Really despise the wee ned. Thought he was better than he was so I really don't give a ferk that he now feels aggrieved. Maybe if he hadn't been a to$$er in the first place.......

As for the SFA, we already know what they are like so no suprise there.

Golden Bear
10-08-2009, 06:04 PM
No case at all!!

Even if you set aside his 'Loch Lomond antics' to allow this crap to be published on the eve of a critical qualification match just underlines for everyone that his only interest is the pay cheque he got for the interview!

I'm not defending Ferguson in the slightest but two wrongs don't make a right.

No doubt it will all come out in the wash, but the SFA should have contacted Ferguson DIRECTLY re his ban. They've opted out big time by sending the fax to Murray Park where no doubt it was viewed by others before Ferguson could see it for himself.

I also seem to recollect that something similar occured when they, (the SFA) were last interviewing for the new Scotland Manager - a total absence of protocol and professionalism it would seem.

Albanian Hibs
10-08-2009, 06:27 PM
No case at all!!

Really despise the wee ned. Thought he was better than he was so I really don't give a ferk that he now feels aggrieved. Maybe if he hadn't been a to$$er in the first place.......

As for the SFA, we already know what they are like so no suprise there.

:agree: What a knob. I'm glad he will never play for Scotland again.

Removed
10-08-2009, 06:35 PM
Here is guy who made a complete arse himself and he's not happy at how the SFA has handled the matter.

:agree: He treated his position with contempt, the wee turd deserves nothing in return

jdships
10-08-2009, 07:43 PM

Agree totally :top marks
Don't have an ounce of sympathy for someone who at best is "yesterdays man "
Always thought he was better than he was .

:asshole:

hibsbollah
10-08-2009, 07:54 PM
Can anyone remember Ferguson having a really standout game?:confused: He's utter, utter mince.

Sylar
10-08-2009, 08:34 PM
Other than his deserving antics, I feel for Barry Ferguson slightly. Yes, he done wrong, and his consequential actions towards the cameras probably condemned him, but consider the larger picture of indiscipline which has plagued the national side since Burley took over as coach - he has utterly no control over the players and it his lack of discipline (along with a larger social problem) which lead to "Boozegate" occurring.

Since taking over, Burley has lost Boyd (our top goalscorer) and McCulloch (a decent journeyman who always gave his all for his country) - following their departure, and the incident involving Ferguson/McGregor (not to mention a very mediocre qualifying campaign thus far), the SFA were willing to do a U-turn for McGregor, but not Ferguson - why? I agree with Walter Smith - the SFA were too quick to axe a decent national squad player, and the now reported manner in how they axed Ferguson is disgraceful.

I concede that Ferguson showed no class in the entire scandal, but I don't for one second think that this article has been published at his behest. He was probably a) Interviewed months ago, and the article held onto, or b) been interviewed recently, which again, really isn't his choosing.

The entire governing community of Scottish Football are a shower of clueless charlatans who would don't care one iota about the profile of our game, or the wellbeing of their league members. We need a radical overhaul, from top to bottom, and reducing the 3 governing bodies to one is the first step.

bobbyhibs1983
10-08-2009, 08:52 PM
He said if he could go back and change things of course he would. Fair enough.

Dont agree with you on this point mate.

Did he know what he was doing?imo yes he did, he was(as far as anyone knows)was willing and able to make that decsion.

Do i stay up drinking most of the night or have 1 or 2?

He CHOOSE to stay up most of the night.

The only thing he would change would be not getting caught.

Jim44
10-08-2009, 08:52 PM
............and it's nice to know that his latest contribution will put the final nail in the coffin of any chance he might have had of getting nominated for the SFA Hall of Fame. Please don't tell me he's already there. :greengrin

lapsedhibee
10-08-2009, 08:56 PM
Other than his deserving antics, I feel for Barry Ferguson slightly. Yes, he done wrong, and his consequential actions towards the cameras probably condemned him, but consider the larger picture of indiscipline which has plagued the national side since Burley took over as coach - he has utterly no control over the players and it his lack of discipline (along with a larger social problem) which lead to "Boozegate" occurring.

Just like Polly Gwen had no control over his players. Walter Smith clearly hasn't much control over his players either, since two of them embarrassed his club so badly on international duty. A wee pattern emerging here, I wonder, around a particular player? Well rid. GTF Neddy Crab!

hibsdaft
10-08-2009, 09:00 PM
"Barry thought he was Mr Rangers. Me and him had some cracking arguments.

"He was the only one I didn't get on with. Barry's used to getting his own way but I always get what I want too and he didn't like that.

"I'd get an interview with him even if I had to wait at the club's Murray Park traing ground for two or three hours.

"I'm not intimidated by him either. Nobody tells Barry what to do and he was not happy that I wouldn't accept that. Once you cross Barry he'll never speak to you again, which is what he did to me."

"Barry had everyone wrapped round his little finger. All the younger guys were desperate to be part of his little clique. He had too much power. Rangers will be a far happier place without him."

what the ex Rangers TV presenter had to say on Ferguson.

a brat not a man imo.

ArabHibee
10-08-2009, 09:01 PM

Since taking over, Burley has lost Boyd (our top goalscorer) and McCulloch (a decent journeyman who always gave his all for his country) - following their departure, and the incident involving Ferguson/McGregor (not to mention a very mediocre qualifying campaign thus far), the SFA were willing to do a U-turn for McGregor, but not Ferguson - why? I agree with Walter Smith - the SFA were too quick to axe a decent national squad player, and the now reported manner in how they axed Ferguson is disgraceful.

I concede that Ferguson showed no class in the entire scandal, but I don't for one second think that this article has been published at his behest. He was probably a) Interviewed months ago, and the article held onto, or b) been interviewed recently, which again, really isn't his choosing.

The entire governing community of Scottish Football are a shower of clueless charlatans who would don't care one iota about the profile of our game, or the wellbeing of their league members. We need a radical overhaul, from top to bottom, and reducing the 3 governing bodies to one is the first step.

Understand what you're saying Scott but the bit I've highlighted - if b) is true, why did he not just say to the journalist "no comment" or "I don't want to talk about that, it happened months ago". Probably coz he's no the brightest.

Deserves all he gets IMO. Muppet. :bye:

ballengeich
10-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Since taking over, Burley has lost Boyd (our top goalscorer) and McCulloch (a decent journeyman who always gave his all for his country) - following their departure, and the incident involving Ferguson/McGregor

All four players you mention play for the same club. This suggest to me that the problem lies there rather than with the SFA.

basehibby
10-08-2009, 09:18 PM

This changes nothing as regards Ferguson & McGregor's pathetic behaviour - they are both banned and banned they should remain!

However - it does give an insight into the way things are run at the SFA - Fudleyson has a point in that a sensitive matter such as this should have been addressed to the individuals concerned - sending a fax to an open office for a matter such as this reeks of amatuerishness - as did the handling of the whole affair :bitchy:

hibsdaft
10-08-2009, 09:35 PM
just heard Butcher on the radio saying that the paper had been waiting a couple of weeks to run this interview. deliberately timed. (pretty obvious anyway).

what a rat.

Sylar
10-08-2009, 11:13 PM
Understand what you're saying Scott but the bit I've highlighted - if b) is true, why did he not just say to the journalist "no comment" or "I don't want to talk about that, it happened months ago". Probably coz he's no the brightest.

Deserves all he gets IMO. Muppet. :bye:

I reckon he perhaps wanted to try and clear his name, or soften the impact of what happened. Reporters are always going to be sniffing around come selection time, particularly if he starts putting in good performances down south, asking him how he feels about what has transpired. He isn't the brightest (from outgoing appearances) and I reckon the journo's have probably preyed on this, trying to stir a story and drum up some noise.

I don't want to sound like his public defender here, but there are two sides to every story, and although his behaviour was a disgrace to the national side, the way he's been hounded is quite over-the-top in my opinion.

All four players you mention play for the same club. This suggest to me that the problem lies there rather than with the SFA.

Do you think so? These players were nothing but loyal (no pun intended) in the eras which preceded the arrival or Burley - three of whom were at Rangers during the reigns of McLeish and Smith - why were there no issues at this point? I fully understand the reason for both Ferguson and McGregor being disciplined for their actions, but dear God, the witch-hunt which has followed is excessive and I still feel the decision to ban them from future gatherings is knee-jerk in the extreme (particularly in the case of McGregor - we're short in goalkeeping quality, as the current squad highlights!).

Bear in mind there were others who were implicated in the events at Cameron House - granted, the SFA stopped at 2, but I don't believe the rest of that squad were squeaky clean.

heretoday
11-08-2009, 12:18 AM
I have often wondered how things would have gone if Ferguson had played for us.

His crablike movement across the pitch and his passing ability would have been an interesting dynamic!

Imagine Ferguson knocking balls across for Deeks!

He is a very good player and can pass a ball through defences.

CraigK
11-08-2009, 01:34 AM
I still feel the decision to ban them from future gatherings is knee-jerk in the extreme (particularly in the case of McGregor - we're short in goalkeeping quality, as the current squad highlights!).

My only issue with your points would be this one. Why do people think that McGregor is a good (international) goalkeeper? I.E. was he in goals when the huns made the uefa cup final? No. Was he in goals when they won the league? No. Have they lost any pre-season games with Alexander in goals? No. Have they lost lots of goals in pre-season games with McGregor in goals? Yes. Because he's not. that. good.

Randerson_4
11-08-2009, 11:09 AM

I was going along with your post nicely until this point. McCulloch is one of the single worst players to represent Scotland, along with Dailly and Teale.

Back to the Ferguson situation. The SFA have handled it poorly, if indeed they faxed the ban to him. At the very least should have phoned his agent. But, the guys just a wee ned, idiot. In terms of British football he is the most over-rated player there is. Never have rated him, never will. He acted like a spoilt kid, the performance on the night of the match is enough to ban him for life, never mind the boozegate scandal.

I think he has chosen the worst moment to comment on the situation, as I firmly believe it is intended to get max publicity. If it was middle of the season, it wouldnt get that much reaction. But to do it in the build up to the Scotland game is ridiculous! Shows how little class and intelligence the guy has (or should that be doesnt!) Why doesnt he just concentrate on Birmingham, and helping them to avoid getting humped most weeks next season! Scotland doesnt need you, and certainly doesnt want you!

hibs1875aye
11-08-2009, 11:27 AM
Good riddance to pigeon chest. The wee ******* deserves ALL he gets and more. He can shove his midfield maestro skills up his erse beside his Scotland career.

Hope we qualify without the little ****bag and lets see his ugly wee squaky face then :bye:

Tha Cabbage Kid
11-08-2009, 11:40 AM

stubru!! i couldnt have said it better myself!

i think barry need to look at himself! as does mcGregor! pair o' plums!

RIP
11-08-2009, 12:16 PM
The SFA are now and have always been a useless bunch of amateurs.

Barry is complaining about how unprofessional they were in disciplining him for his unprofessional behaviour

Oooh the irony

Most of the dumplings at the SFA are Huns anyway - isn't there a bucket we can put them in?

homielang
11-08-2009, 02:12 PM
Regardless of how the SFA handled the matter to bring this up so close to the next fixture is a disgrace. This illustrates exactly why he will never don our National Strip again.

andyhibs
11-08-2009, 03:42 PM
fud:asshole::asshole::asshole:

CABBAGE & RIBS
11-08-2009, 03:46 PM
To me it seems the reporters have asked him about it and he answered by telling the truth or did he call a press conference to speak out at this time.

ancient hibee
11-08-2009, 03:48 PM
Why do the SFA have to tell any player whether or not they are going to get picked in the future.When Henry Morris scored a hat trick in his only game I don't expect the SFA spoke to him again.There's far too much touchy feelie rubbish in the game today.

Broken Gnome
11-08-2009, 06:27 PM
Some people are being naive in the extreme here.

This is the GLASGOW EVENING TIMES. You think they will print anything Barry Ferguson objects to? You think they'll risk their reputation with king bluenose himself? If anyone thinks it's by utter coincidence that Glasgow's local paper have got together with Ferguson on this particular week (so far by the way pictures of Ferguson in Birmingham training gear but not a word on his new club) and led with the SFA criticism as it's main feature....

Stage-managed horrible rubbish. Everyone knows the SFA is inept, that's hardly a surprise. If Ferguson even has the cheek of saying he's behind Burley and Scotland after he's dragged all this up again then he is possibly the biggest chancer in football.

I'd be amazed if I'm being overly cynical here. Plan concocted and executed to a tee.

JimBHibees
12-08-2009, 09:00 AM
He hasn't got a leg to stand on. He disrespected his country and his role as team captian in the 1st place, then acted like a petulant schoolkid waiting for his baws to drop by flicking the V's at the cameras. If the SFA had treated him with the same contempt that he treated the honour of playing for Scotland and the responsibilty that goes with it, they would have delivered the news wrapped up in a sh** covered envelope flung through his bedroom window.

He made his bed, so he can't complain if he isn't enjoying lying it it.

Oh, and way to go to add to your defence Barry - come out with this slaver just before a vital WC qualifying game :hmmm:

GGTTH

Sums it up for me. He should be hanging his head in shame, captain, he is the absolute joke no-one else and for him to raise it now is even worse. Hope Scotland get a result tonight to show the arrogant wee tube he is replaceable. Whether it was handled well by SFA is a minor issue IMO and probably had more to do with their fear of the reaction due to him being Gers captain.

Part/Time Supporter
12-08-2009, 09:02 AM
Could anyone imagine an England captain getting up to these antics and then having the gall to complain about it?

Ferguson, **** **** ****.

Broken Gnome
12-08-2009, 01:32 PM
For those who were giving him the benefit of the doubts with regards to how these comments surfaced, BARRY FERGUSON PART THREE ("My undying love for Rangers and how I can't wait to come back - and a bit about Birmingham") is included in the Evening Times today...