PDA

View Full Version : Trouble at Bolton.

Pages : [1] 2

H18sry
07-08-2009, 01:11 PM
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/4534195.Undercover_police_to_tackle_football_thugs/ :dummytit:

Albanian Hibs
07-08-2009, 01:13 PM
Thats because the Weegie tramp are in town :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
07-08-2009, 02:02 PM
Ay oop. Trooble at mill.

Onceinawhile
07-08-2009, 02:07 PM
you know the best thing about it?

Extra policing means less money for the charities that the proceeds are being donated to, but these idiots don't care about others as long as they can pavement dance for 20 seconds before the cops split it up. So that they can go home and say things like "Ah stood, ah never ran, am well hard"

Dashing Bob S
07-08-2009, 05:48 PM
Why all the fuss about two groups who want to meet miles away from the ground and have a punch-up? Let them get on with it. It doesn't really effect anyone else.

Judas Iscariot
07-08-2009, 06:18 PM
Why all the fuss about two groups who want to meet miles away from the ground and have a punch-up? Let them get on with it. It doesn't really effect anyone else.

:agree:

:cool2:

Cod Boy
07-08-2009, 07:18 PM

its the aftermath when the locals come back from fighting and are in the local pubs in bolton were there are hibs fans staying overnight which could lead to them picking on innocent fans just out to have a good laugh and a drink

Greenway
07-08-2009, 07:22 PM

Extra policing means less money for the charities that the proceeds are being donated to, but these idiots don't care about others as long as they can pavement dance for 20 seconds before the cops split it up. So that they can go home and say things like "Ah stood, ah never ran, am well hard"

I hate these pathetic gutless yobs who give real fans a bad name. I would be happy for the police to have special dispensation to have a "Tazer fest" with them.

PS: How good a man is JJ to give all his testimonial money away to charity. When you look at all the greedy sods in the game selling their souls at every opportunity, it's fantastic to see that there are still decent men in this game.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
07-08-2009, 07:33 PM

Those Eastern European coves have it sussed. Hoolies meet in a field out in the country, fisticuffs ensue and is enjoyed by all on YouTube.

:thumbsup:

Jack
07-08-2009, 07:37 PM
Not in my name.

Chuckie
07-08-2009, 07:45 PM
The Wanderers Vs The CCS...

I wonder if The Wanderers will need The Wongs and The Del Bombers assistance... ?

Could get tasty...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srTiP71Jz3k

Devonhibs
07-08-2009, 07:47 PM

Unless you or your family find yourself in the wrong play at the wrong time. I saw first hand last season - big organised punch up between Chelsea & Spurs - three hours after the match, in a busy high road with lots of innocent people about, familes and frightend youngsters.

heretoday
07-08-2009, 07:50 PM
It's crazy though isn't it? For god's sake....

flash
07-08-2009, 08:24 PM

I hope you are being ironic.

Dashing Bob S
07-08-2009, 08:29 PM
I hope you are being ironic.

I really do think that there are more important things to worry about and more important things to deploy police resources on. This seems like another cop OT feast to me.

flash
07-08-2009, 08:36 PM
I really do think that there are more important things to worry about and more important things to deploy police resources on. This seems like another cop OT feast to me.

the problem is groups of Bolton fans roaming the city centre later at night looking for revenge. It's happened before.

LancashireHibby
07-08-2009, 08:59 PM
This (http://archive.thisislancashire.co.uk/2003/2/26/564778.html) is what happens when people get caught in the crossfire. Unless they plan on scrapping in the middle of Winter Hill then innocent bystanders will be caught up. Anyone involved should have a long look at themselves and think of how much money they're costing these charities, not to mention the consequences of their actions. Grow up FFS, and stop dragging the name of our sport, never mind our clubs, through the dirt.

NaeTechnoHibby
07-08-2009, 09:07 PM
As I am meeting with Octogenarien family tomorrow, one Scots (obvious) and and one a Bolton woman who have been married for nearly sixty years, and who want to come to the game :thumbsup:

I really do not want any trouble whatsoever :thumbsup:

DBS, you can purse off at right now IMO :yawn:

I used to enjoy your "tangents" , but you are ...........................

:yawn:

Night folks, I'm off to Bolton in the morn' :thumbsup:

butterbean
08-08-2009, 08:23 AM
no 1 can blame the ccs for extra cops being out on show for the game when the bolton news clearly states that smeltic & st mirren are also heading down that way .. if we were to play at home & the yams played at home on same day l&bs police would be out in numbers aswell. even if none of the ccs was to go down botlon , and the bolton lads were looking for a fight thats when the normal supporter might get the kicking so maybe u should be gratefull for the ccs being about . Any big event (sports or not )will bring out more of the boys in blue so extra policing is a must in these situations, i suppose pubs n clubs on a friday or saturday are to blame for the extra police that are out on weekend.whats next then are every 1 going to ask for the pubs not to open on weekends ( no i cant see that happening)

marinello59
08-08-2009, 08:29 AM
no 1 can blame the ccs for extra cops being out on show for the game when the bolton news clearly states that smeltic & st mirren are also heading down that way .. if we were to play at home & the yams played at home on same day l&bs police would be out in numbers aswell. even if none of the ccs was to go down botlon , and the bolton lads were looking for a fight thats when the normal supporter might get the kicking so maybe u should be gratefull for the ccs being about

Complete and utter pish.

Dashing Bob S
08-08-2009, 08:30 AM
As I am meeting with Octogenarien family tomorrow, one Scots (obvious) and and one a Bolton woman who have been married for nearly sixty years, and who want to come to the game :thumbsup:

I really do not want any trouble whatsoever :thumbsup:

DBS, you can purse off at right now IMO :yawn:

I used to enjoy your "tangents" , but you are ...........................

:yawn:

Night folks, I'm off to Bolton in the morn' :thumbsup:

Don't go by bus. The police are clamping down on coach travelers and drinkers as well as supposed hooligans. I repeat: a big OT gravy train for them.

Jack
08-08-2009, 08:45 AM
no 1 can blame the ccs for extra cops being out on show for the game when the bolton news clearly states that smeltic & st mirren are also heading down that way .. if we were to play at home & the yams played at home on same day l&bs police would be out in numbers aswell. even if none of the ccs was to go down botlon , and the bolton lads were looking for a fight thats when the normal supporter might get the kicking so maybe u should be gratefull for the ccs being about

No not grateful for a wee group of brain dead neds dragging the name of my club into the sewers.

Why dont you go and join the OF? You are not wanted here.

butterbean
08-08-2009, 08:57 AM
(No not grateful for a wee group of brain dead neds dragging the name of my club into the sewers.

Why dont you go and join the OF? You are not wanted here. ) join the OF your having a laugh aint you ,

IF ANYTHING IT WILL BE THE BOLTON LADS THAT WILL BE OUT FOR A FIGHT , a bunch of land coming down to invade botlon taking over the pubs n clubs bolton will be looking to show who is boss . its not to say there will be a fight anyway does it .

Hibbyradge
08-08-2009, 09:21 AM
(No not grateful for a wee group of brain dead neds dragging the name of my club into the sewers.

Why dont you go and join the OF? You are not wanted here. ) join the OF your having a laugh aint you ,

IF ANYTHING IT WILL BE THE BOLTON LADS THAT WILL BE OUT FOR A FIGHT , a bunch of land coming down to invade botlon taking over the pubs n clubs bolton will be looking to show who is boss . its not to say there will be a fight anyway does it .

Someone has already posted on here saying that "bigger things are planned" for Bolton so that's just not true.

ArabHibee
08-08-2009, 09:26 AM
The Wanderers Vs The CCS...

I wonder if The Wanderers will need The Wongs and The Del Bombers assistance... ?

Could get tasty...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srTiP71Jz3k

Much better movie in my opinion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xITVFgxcDIg

LTYF!:jamboak:

BroxburnHibee
08-08-2009, 10:58 AM

:asshole:

:bye:

CalgaryHibs
08-08-2009, 01:01 PM
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/4534195.Undercover_police_to_tackle_football_thugs/ :dummytit:

===========
is this a joke ?

st.mirren thugs :greengrin

hibbybrian
08-08-2009, 04:20 PM
===========
is this a joke ?

st.mirren thugs :greengrin

"In-spector Jo Keay, of Chorley police, said officers were expecting an influx of Scottish fans."

apparently :greengrin

Sloppy
08-08-2009, 04:27 PM
just heard from some1 at the game

--------
08-08-2009, 04:29 PM

It's a good idea not to post a bigger number of posts than the number of your I.Q., pal.

By my reckoning you're already 12 posts over your limit.

oconnors_strip
08-08-2009, 04:41 PM
there was/is fighting outside the ground. police with horses trying to seperate the fans. but seems to be more of the known trouble makers involved. sadly a few families have been caught in the crossfire.

Mikey
08-08-2009, 04:44 PM
sadly a few families have been caught in the crossfire.

The casuals usually justify their actions by saying that they fight their own type and it keeps the regular football fan safe.

Sounds like it may not have worked today eh.

MSK
08-08-2009, 04:46 PM
there was/is fighting outside the ground. police with horses trying to seperate the fans. but seems to be more of the known trouble makers involved. sadly a few families have been caught in the crossfire.Unbelievable ...hope hibs ban the ****bags for life !!!

oconnors_strip
08-08-2009, 04:47 PM
The casuals usually justify their actions by saying that they fight their own type and it keeps the regular football fan safe.

Sounds like it may not have worked today eh.

aye its not worked today. i always believe that casuals never fight outside a ground, so who was fighting then? my mate thinks hibs will be punished for this:bitchy:

Mikey
08-08-2009, 04:47 PM
I've texted someone at the game and they haven't seen any bother so hopefully it's just a small pocket and it's been and gone.

Riordans Boots
08-08-2009, 04:50 PM
Unbelievable ...hope hibs ban the ****bags for life !!!

Terrible that some low lifers got nowt else to do :agree: Really sad.

oconnors_strip
08-08-2009, 04:50 PM
I've texted someone at the game and they haven't seen any bother so hopefully it's just a small pocket and it's been and gone.

hopefully mikey, im sure we will get all the info when people are back up the road later.get ready for another 100 posts on the pros and cons of it.:greengrin

MSK
08-08-2009, 04:51 PM
Terrible that some low lifers got nowt else to do :agree: Really sad.Might be a bit overload S...lets hear what some o the folk who were at the game say ...

CABBAGE & RIBS
08-08-2009, 04:51 PM
Not really surprised, as someone posted earlier it was expected.

Malthibby
08-08-2009, 04:52 PM
This has been debated before, & it defies belief that some Hibs fans can try & defend the behaviour of these morons. They are a stain on the club, just thugs who bring the Hibs name into disrepute.
They need to understand that they are not welcome, & continue to be told they are not welcome until the day they go away for good.
Does ma heid in.

Riordans Boots
08-08-2009, 04:54 PM
Might be a bit overload S...lets hear what some o the folk who were at the game say ...

Reckon it's a hand foo K and even then ... shameful and no need.

marinello59
08-08-2009, 04:59 PM

Fingers crossed it was a minor incident.

Jay
08-08-2009, 05:02 PM
Just got texts from a couple of people saying they have seen no trouble either.

Jay
08-08-2009, 05:06 PM
Just got another text saying guys on bus saw it, must have been a flash in the pan thing thankfully.

oconnors_strip
08-08-2009, 05:10 PM
think the person who told me has exaggerated this seeings. dont think he gets out much:greengrin

but there were over 2,000 hibs fans there so not everyone is going to see things that others did.

MSK
08-08-2009, 05:11 PM
think the person who told me has exaggerated this seeings. dont think he gets out much:greengrin

but there were over 2,000 hibs fans there so not everyone is going to see things that others did.Better news ...:thumbsup:

oconnors_strip
08-08-2009, 05:15 PM
Better news ...:thumbsup:

you can give him grief on here when he is back, use to be known as gramo:greengrin:rolleyes:

Jay
08-08-2009, 05:24 PM
you can give him grief on here when he is back, use to be known as gramo:greengrin:rolleyes:

:faf::faf::faf:

Dear God!! You quoted Gramo???? :yamlaugh:

:wink:

oconnors_strip
08-08-2009, 05:24 PM
taken from a bolton forum

"However, the overall atmosphere was piss poor - if you are any of those racist pigs and idiots in the so-called Krazy Korner, who were starting fights and xenophobic chanting, you bring a bad name to all of us, it was a bloody friendly, for flicks sake, we were there to honour the career of a loyal player, not to chant about how much we hate the scots - and fighting with them after the game? Grow the flick up, please...if you were a Hibs fan in the corner opposite, everything above applies to you too, don't come back - if you were a Hibs fan sitting elsewhere, I can only apologise for our pikey and chav contingent"

.................................................. ..................

"Nobody see the fighting?

The Hibs fans came running into our concourse thing. Never seen anything like it!! Badly policed."

great impression hibs gave them:bitchy: but thanks to the guy who apologises for his so called co supporters.

GreenCastle
08-08-2009, 05:38 PM
taken from a bolton forum

"However, the overall atmosphere was piss poor - if you are any of those racist pigs and idiots in the so-called Krazy Korner, who were starting fights and xenophobic chanting, you bring a bad name to all of us, it was a bloody friendly, for flicks sake, we were there to honour the career of a loyal player, not to chant about how much we hate the scots - and fighting with them after the game? Grow the flick up, please...if you were a Hibs fan in the corner opposite, everything above applies to you too, don't come back - if you were a Hibs fan sitting elsewhere, I can only apologise for our pikey and chav contingent"

.................................................. ..................

"Nobody see the fighting?

The Hibs fans came running into our concourse thing. Never seen anything like it!! Badly policed."

great impression hibs gave them:bitchy: but thanks to the guy who apologises for his so called co supporters.

Every club has their section of muppets :grr::bitchy:

cabbage07
08-08-2009, 05:40 PM
So was there alot of hibs casuals down or was it bolton attacking hibs fans

Jay
08-08-2009, 05:42 PM
So was there alot of hibs casuals down or was it bolton attacking hibs fans

My text said it was casuals :dunno:

CABBAGE & RIBS
08-08-2009, 05:52 PM
There was meant to be al ot of the older hibs casuals going down for the day.

MSK
08-08-2009, 05:55 PM
There was meant to be al ot of the older hibs casuals going down for the day.They would have been spotted nae bother then wi aw their battle scars ...

Nameless
08-08-2009, 06:52 PM
A larger group of older lads were going down, but catagorically they were not there for bother. Some of the Preston lads who were up last week offered to return the hospitality they were shown, so I reckon this was just typical booze fuelled Scotland-v-England rivalry. It's not just dressers who scrap at the football.

Nakedmanoncrack
08-08-2009, 06:56 PM
''So much for a friendly match! Not seen trouble like that at the 'Bok for a while. We had to be locked inside Next as fighting broke out. Couldn't see much except people running followed by a few thuds against the windows lol. When we were eventually let out it looked like The Works and a couple other of the smaller shops had been smashed up pretty bad.''

http://www.boltonbanter.com/forum/view_topic.php?id=13042&forum_id=2&page=7

hibsbollah
08-08-2009, 07:02 PM
''So much for a friendly match! Not seen trouble like that at the 'Bok for a while. We had to be locked inside Next as fighting broke out. Couldn't see much except people running followed by a few thuds against the windows lol. When we were eventually let out it looked like The Works and a couple other of the smaller shops had been smashed up pretty bad.''

http://www.boltonbanter.com/forum/view_topic.php?id=13042&forum_id=2&page=7

"scottish s*um"...nice:dummytit:

MSK
08-08-2009, 07:05 PM
"scottish s*um"...nice:dummytit:What would you call them then ?...

Nameless
08-08-2009, 07:10 PM
What would you call them then ?...

From a town that was involved in race riots a few years ago, they have a bit of a cheek to make sweeping statements about people.

hibsbollah
08-08-2009, 07:10 PM
What would you call them then ?...

Errr, im not sure:confused: Are you feeling argumentative by any chance?:greengrin

Frazerbob
08-08-2009, 07:14 PM
From a town that was involved in race riots a few years ago, they have a bit of a cheek to make sweeping statements about people.

To be fair, if the casuals have stormed the home concourse as has been reported then he is correct, they are s*um. Imagine if the PNE fans had charged the home end at ER last week. Sure they'd be getting called English s*um on here.

These reports surely can't be true though. The casuals only fight like minded people and actually protect the scarfers.
Hope there's no retaliation in the Bolton pubs tonight.

MSK
08-08-2009, 07:16 PM
Errr, im not sure:confused: Are you feeling argumentative by any chance?:greengrinNot at all ..(makes a change from you though:greengrin)...i just dont see what the fuss is "Scottish ****".."hibs ****"....both the same ...either way ..whatever happens puts us in a bad light ..i really hope the reports of trouble are exagerated ...but then ....:rolleyes:

hibsbollah
08-08-2009, 07:18 PM
Not at all ..(makes a change from you though:greengrin)...i just dont see what the fuss is "Scottish ****".."hibs ****"....both the same ...either way ..whatever happens puts us in a bad light ..i really hope the reports of trouble are exagerated ...but then ....:rolleyes:

Sounds like bollox to me:duck:

MSK
08-08-2009, 07:18 PM
Sounds like bollox to me:duck:That word offends me !!!! :grr:

:greengrin

oconnors_strip
08-08-2009, 07:19 PM
http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/boards/viewtopic.php?t=17989&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=120

"We were in the card shop and all of a sudden some security ran in shouting 'GET TO THE BACK, NOW' so we did.

Two seconds later the windows cave in with Scots being rowdy and that. Walked out later and saw more of the same down the row...."

quote taken from a bolton forum, see link above. starts from half way down page 7.:bitchy:

oconnors_strip
08-08-2009, 07:20 PM
That word offends me !!!! :grr:

:faf::faf: sorry my sarcasism didnt come across in the other thread:greengrin

Gatecrasher
08-08-2009, 07:21 PM
I'm just back from the game and the atmosphere was pish for a friendly the bolton fans can take just as much blame as Hibs there was a corner of them chanting England songs and anti Scottish ones and the Hibs fans needed no invitation to bite and it got worse from there i don't think iv seen so many arrests at a football match

Viva_Palmeiras
08-08-2009, 07:24 PM
Hibees running on the concourse in friendly in Bolton...
Scots fans panning windows of Next in Bolton...

2 statements I've written and I've been in Edinburgh all day.

The wonders of the internet eh?

Has anyone confirmed this esp. the first point?

Easy ways to get the natives restless and make for an "interesting night" on the town.

Frazerbob
08-08-2009, 07:29 PM
Hibees running on the concourse in friendly in Bolton...
Scots fans panning windows of Next in Bolton...

2 statements I've written and I've been in Edinburgh all day.

The wonders of the internet eh?

Has anyone confirmed this esp. the first point?

Easy ways to get the natives restless and make for an "interesting night" on the town.

Both incidents being discussed on two different BW sites.

poolman
08-08-2009, 07:30 PM
no 1 can blame the ccs for extra cops being out on show for the game when the bolton news clearly states that smeltic & st mirren are also heading down that way .. if we were to play at home & the yams played at home on same day l&bs police would be out in numbers aswell. even if none of the ccs was to go down botlon , and the bolton lads were looking for a fight thats when the normal supporter might get the kicking so maybe u should be gratefull for the ccs being about . Any big event (sports or not )will bring out more of the boys in blue so extra policing is a must in these situations, i suppose pubs n clubs on a friday or saturday are to blame for the extra police that are out on weekend.whats next then are every 1 going to ask for the pubs not to open on weekends ( no i cant see that happening)

WTF :confused:

Viva_Palmeiras
08-08-2009, 07:35 PM
Both incidents being discussed on two different BW sites.

OK I'm not saying nothing happened but they are hardly impartial are they?

Surely (hibs) folks at the game would have commented on the concourse incident?
I see there have been some comments on the xenophobic atmosphere.

I hope the rest of our time down there is incident-free.

marinello59
08-08-2009, 07:39 PM
"scottish s*um"...nice:dummytit:

Hooligans from Scotland? Scottish **** seems accurate to me.

Frazerbob
08-08-2009, 08:03 PM
Taken from http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/boards/viewtopic.php?t=17989&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=140&sid=c9ae55b294b24f9879360e7639734e45

"Came down the steps into east lower concourse to be confronted by about 50 Hibs (grown men, not kids) attacking the early leavers, so mainly women and families. One fat bald polo shirted one kicked a woman in the stomach. C***. He soon ran though. Coward. Top marks for the 2 GMP officers bravley trying to beat them back on their own."

It was a friendly, testimonal, charity game FFS. How come they never do this at Ibrox and the likes. "Cowards" seems about right to me.

zlatan
08-08-2009, 08:06 PM
From another Bolton fan regarding someone getting put through a shop window.

I was in Thorntons at the time.

The guy who went through the window was goading the Hibs fans on his own, and was chucked/shoved through the window by about thirty of them.

As for our fans, well, just as bad as the Hibs lot for their attitude.

**** match, as well.

Jamesie
08-08-2009, 08:16 PM
I'm just back from the game and the atmosphere was pish for a friendly the bolton fans can take just as much blame as Hibs there was a corner of them chanting England songs and anti Scottish ones and the Hibs fans needed no invitation to bite and it got worse from there i don't think iv seen so many arrests at a football match

IF more people went to Easter Road with your attitude I'd be handing my season ticket back. Thankfully they don't.

"Hibs fans needed no invitation to bite"

FFS. At what was basically a charity match as well. :grr:

judas
08-08-2009, 08:19 PM

Agree.

In my experience, most neds and casuals are saps surrounding one genuinely hard, mentally ill nutcase.

Dog jobies, the lot of them.

Pedantic_Hibee
08-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Why can't these things just be sorted out over a milkshake?

MSK
08-08-2009, 08:22 PM
IF more people went to Easter Road with your attitude I'd be handing my season ticket back. Thankfully they don't.

FFS. At what was basically a charity match as well. :grr:Aw come on Jamesie ..yer a bit harsh there !! the lad isnae or wasnae involved in the trouble ...talk aboot biting ...he sure caught a whopper in you !! :greengrin

Gatecrasher
08-08-2009, 08:25 PM

FFS. At what was basically a charity match as well. :grr:

If your happy with **** the queen and anti English pish then go ahead, but I'm not and I Would rather those kinds of chants were left to the old firm

Jamesie
08-08-2009, 08:26 PM
Aw come on Jamesie ..yer a bit harsh there !! the lad isnae or wasnae involved in the trouble ...talk aboot biting ...he sure caught a whopper in you !! :greengrin

If the boy wasn't involved then fair dos, I guess those who are daft enough to "bite" are those who enjoy a bout of pavement dancing and should grow up

zlatan
08-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Why can't these things just be sorted out over a milkshake?

I asked for banana you mug :grr:

Pedantic_Hibee
08-08-2009, 08:33 PM
I asked for banana you mug :grr:

One skin, two skin, three skin, four skin........go figure, kn0b :grr::grr:

:thumbsup:

PapillonVert
08-08-2009, 08:57 PM
Was at the game today. We were at the West end of the South Stand, i.e. the other end from where the rival fans were noising each other up - although we were not entirely immune as one Bolton guy in a blue shirt was taken out in the second half after becoming a bit "animated" shall we say in his abuse towards the Hibs fans. A few dozen Hibbies rose to the bait and "voiced their opinions", ahem!

We left just on full time and rushed up to the train station to get in the queue to get a train back to Manchester so didn't see any trouble. Most fans I saw and also police and stewards were having a good laugh and banter. No animosity at all that I saw. In fact, all perfectly calm and normal.

We even ended up in the Bolton queue at the station for the train back to Manchester and though clearly having Scottish accents, there was no trouble and everyone was very friendly.

That's about it.

Hibeescott
08-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Was at the game today. We were at the West end of the South Stand, i.e. the other end from where the rival fans were noising each other up - although we were not entirely immune as one Bolton guy in a blue shirt was taken out in the second half after becoming a bit "animated" shall we say in his abuse towards the Hibs fans. A few dozen Hibbies rose to the bait and "voiced their opinions", ahem!

We left just on full time and rushed up to the train station to get in the queue to get a train back to Manchester so didn't see any trouble. Most fans I saw and also police and stewards were having a good laugh and banter. No animosity at all that I saw. In fact, all perfectly calm and normal.

We even ended up in the Bolton queue at the station for the train back to Manchester and though clearly having Scottish accents, there was no trouble and everyone was very friendly.

That's about it.

I was in the same area as you and would say it was slightly more than a few dozen who rose to those 2 guys! :faf: I may be wrong though but I dont remember that group of guys sitting there in the first half so Im presuming they moved there to be closer to the hibs fans. Again someone might correct me there.

Didnt see any trouble afterwords either, but then we got stright up the road.

PapillonVert
08-08-2009, 09:15 PM
I was in the same area as you and would say it was slightly more than a few dozen who rose to those 2 guys! :faf: I may be wrong though but I dont remember that group of guys sitting there in the first half so Im presuming they moved there to be closer to the hibs fans. Again someone might correct me there.

Didnt see any trouble afterwords either, but then we got stright up the road.

Aye, I suppose when the police and stewards were leading him away a goodly section of the Hibby crowd in that area couldnae contain their sense of triumph at the guy's untimely demise!

Gatecrasher
08-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Aye, I suppose when the police and stewards were leading him away a goodly section of the Hibby crowd in that area couldnae contain their sense of triumph at the guy's untimely demise!

his pals were strangely quiet after that :faf:

lyonhibs
08-08-2009, 09:23 PM
To all involved from both sides - cringeworthy.

It's the 21st century, not the day after the battle of Culloden.

Grow the f*** up.

Otherwise, a great day out, with the vast majority of the Hibs support sticking to belting out Hibs songs, not out-of-context nationalistic pish.

Tin hat firmly on :tin hat:

GGTTH

Gatecrasher
08-08-2009, 09:24 PM

Grow the f*** up.

Otherwise, a great day out, with the vast majority of the Hibs support sticking to belting out Hibs songs, not out-of-context nationalistic pish.

GGTTH
no need for a tin hat, i agree, cringeworthy - big time :top marks

hibbie02
08-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Couldn't believe it when I heard God save the Queen. Thought the Stickies were in town! :grr:

gillythehibby
Nae "soldier song" then.................................I'll get me coat :duck:

lyonhibs
You wear a tin hat while sitting at your PC?

Arf arf - it's an expression indicating that I expect some replies of the type "we wiz just representing oor country, och aye so we were" or somesuch half-baked tosh.

wazoo1875
08-08-2009, 09:28 PM

Grow the f*** up.

GGTTH
IMO it's only a bit of silly banter , wait till you here the Gooners and Ra Sellic fans battle it out with the soldiers song and le marseillaise next week :devil:

Frazerbob
08-08-2009, 09:29 PM

Grow the f*** up.

GGTTH

I agree (and I'm a regular at Scotland games and always stick up for Scotland supporters). Happens at most friendlies against English teams these days (although never heard "We'll be Coming" before).

Funnily enough, the same discussion is going on over the road on wearesuchabigteamwe'vewon3trophiesin100years.co.uk .

wazoo1875
08-08-2009, 09:30 PM
Funnily enough, the same discussion is going on over the road on wearesuchabigteamwe'vewon3trophiesin100years.co.uk .
:faf:

AllyF
08-08-2009, 09:31 PM
Plenty racist songs/chants in the pub pre-match as well. Directed at Amir Kahn, Larry Kingston and Rudi Skacel in particular. Oh, and their favourite song about our capital city. Disgusting and embarrassing but sadly some things will never change.

Bostonhibby

Grow the f*** up.

GGTTH

:agree: pathetic, there's a time and a place and as a patriot, theres nothing worse than listening to Flower of Scotland petering out after about 3 lines because very few actually know the words...

nickwhibs
It's just a bit of banter between Scottish and English fans is it not? Plus it was only because the Bolton fans started singing 'Engerland, Engerland...' that the Hibs fans reciprocated.

AllyF
08-08-2009, 09:34 PM
It's just a bit of banter between Scottish and English fans is it not? Plus it was only because the Bolton fans started singing 'Engerland, Engerland...' that the Hibs fans reciprocated.

"They started it!"

nickwhibs
08-08-2009, 09:36 PM
"They started it!"

Yep :greengrin

Bristolhibby
08-08-2009, 09:37 PM
"They started it!"

Agreed, they did. Still gave me good practice for Oslo next week.

I would not worry about it too much, there were plenty of Hibs songs sung as well. Great support today!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

J

Silversand
08-08-2009, 09:46 PM
Agreed, they did. Still gave me good practice for Oslo next week.

I would not worry about it too much, there were plenty of Hibs songs sung as well. Great support today!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

J

Agreed, some folk getting their knickers in a twist over nothing, methinks.

See you in Oslo, btw, :thumbsup::thumbsup:

NaeTechnoHibby
08-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Don't go by bus. The police are clamping down on coach travelers and drinkers as well as supposed hooligans. I repeat: a big OT gravy train for them.

Well mr DBS, thanks for your concern :agree:

Though it was unfounded as I was transported there and back, by the Carlton & Leith Hibs buses safely** :thumbsup: Thanks Lads :thumbsup:

**Well apart from being propositioned by some infantile lads, who were just having fun, from South Queensferry :greengrin

Never saw any trouble, but I had right ErSe sitting next to me in the 2nd half, i moved to sit next to my uncle, and he was goading the small bunch of Bolton fans who moved towards us at half time (to our left) :yawn:

He never watched any of the 2nd half and left 10 minutes before the end :bitchy:

3 of the SQ lads seemed to in or around the trouble afterwards though, and it wasnae casuals :bitchy:

Bristolhibby
08-08-2009, 09:54 PM
Its funny that one game can give two different impressions. (After taking 6 ****in hours to get up from Bath!) We arrived 5 mins into the game, lots of noising up in the far right of the hibs fans (We were middle left).

Incidents I saw was two sets of fans at the right hand side chanting towards each other, square go gesticulation etc. Bolton lad get huckled and led out on the left hand side of our fans, (as mentioned they were not there in the first half). Some almighty roar coming from our fans towards the right and coppers steaming into the area. Two Hibees taking their flag down infront of the stands, then the next second being wrestled to the ground and led out.

Definately an edge.

However when we left as we were so late getting in, we had to park in carpark B. Walked right past the main enterance of the Reebok, a few good lucks with the Bolton fans, a few photos of the ground then on to our car. Out and then 3hr 30min drive back to the West Country.

Long old journey. Figured out in the time it actually took us to get up there and back we could have driven to Aberdeen on a good day. That aside, as an English based Hibby was good to feel part of the Saturday match day.

(good banter in the service stations, meeting all the other fans heading home. Credit to Exeter and Swansea fans for their large numbers and distance they travelled.

J

Steve20
08-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Flower of Scotland is such a crap song anyway.

lyonhibs
08-08-2009, 10:01 PM
Agreed, some folk getting their knickers in a twist over nothing, methinks.

See you in Oslo, btw, :thumbsup::thumbsup:

My knickers aren't in a twist - in the pub on Wed, I'll be singing Oh Flower of Scotland as loud as anyone, and am as proud as the next person to be scottish.

I just find it somewhat lame that - at a friendly testimonial for a Finnish goalkeeper - some Hibs fans felt the need to raise to the bait of those moronic "Engerland" chants (someone should tell them that there are 2 syllables in their countries name........) with the Scottish national anthem :confused: Especially when we have a decent reperti=oire of far more rousing and appropriate Hibs songs to fall back on.

Silversand
08-08-2009, 10:14 PM
My knickers aren't in a twist - in the pub on Wed, I'll be singing Oh Flower of Scotland as loud as anyone, and am as proud as the next person to be scottish.

I just find it somewhat lame that - at a friendly testimonial for a Finnish goalkeeper - some Hibs fans felt the need to raise to the bait of those moronic "Engerland" chants (someone should tell them that there are 2 syllables in their countries name........) with the Scottish national anthem :confused: Especially when we have a decent reperti=oire of far more rousing and appropriate Hibs songs to fall back on.

I'm always happy to see pro-Hibs songs sung at Hibs matches first, but sometimes rivalry gets Hibs fans drawn into other songs.

Doesn't worry me at all if there is a Scotland/England thing when we play English teams, has happened quite a bit over the last few years, IIRC. Not sure why that disturbs anyone, another edge to club football. All quite harmless. Don't get the cringeworthy thing at all TBH?

Do you get upset at anti Hearts/Celtic/Rangers songs that get sung at games as well? These are also not pro Hibs songs.

sparkiehibs
08-08-2009, 10:14 PM
We had a chance today to show the rest that we are not troublemakers like the Old Firm and we can attend a game in England like Adults

All of you idiots who ruined that should feel ashamed of yourselves

I dont know why any of those on the right side of the stand even bought a ticket because they paid more attention to the opposing fans and the cops than they did the game

Rory89
08-08-2009, 10:27 PM
We had a chance today to show the rest that we are not troublemakers like the Old Firm and we can attend a game in England like Adults

I dont know why any of those on the right side of the stand even bought a ticket because they paid more attention to the opposing fans and the cops than they did the game

Not everyone sitting near the mini Englandshire folk in the Bolton end was trying to start a fight,
Apart from those who started scrapping, well done to the Hibs support today. Up there with Tynie for the last derby and better then any Hibs away support I've been in since we beat Rangers 3-0 in the cup at Ibrox.

NaeTechnoHibby
08-08-2009, 10:36 PM
Forgoing most of the above :agree:

We did stand and 'salute' Jussi and rightly so :thumbsup:

GlesgaeHibby
08-08-2009, 10:44 PM

:top marks

We were sat near the right hand side, but just on the edge of all the moronic chanting section. I don't understand why people go to a football match purely to goad the opposition fans, especially at a charity match.

After seeing bus loads of drunk Celtic fans at a service station singing their filth, peeing in the car park and generally being a nuisance I had hoped we could do our team proud by behaving, but a minority of moron's had to ruin it for the majority.

After seeing that today it's clear that drink will NEVER work inside Scottish grounds.

red
08-08-2009, 10:48 PM
well after being directed here from searching on google i'll be the first one who was in bolton today to actually confirm yes there was "trouble" and what i saw frankly , it was shocking and shameful

i live in manchester and actually work on the middlebrook retail park, only about 50m away from the thorntons where i saw a group of 20-30+ hibs fans basically charge towards and boot the **** out of the windows till they smashed. i've read there was a guy thrown through the windows? can't say i saw it myself (mind you, there were far too many bodies about to be able to tell) but there was an ambulance there about 5mins later and it was obviously attending to something for a good half hour

i don't support bolton wanderers being from manchester i am a man united fan and anyone who lives around this area knows 99% of bolton fans hate Man Utd and there is quite an intense local rivalry - at least between the fans if not the actual teams... so i really don't have any reason to be sticking up for bolton fans etc but what i saw today was ridiculous

i know what football hooligans are about and ive seen a lot over the years and read a lot too. one thing i know for sure between football 'hooligans' is the genuine ones organize it and never - ever get innocent people involved. right or wrong, i dont care - if two groups want a bit of a scrap before / after a football match but keep it to themselves i couldn't care less. what i saw today was the total opposite

from what i hear the bolton fans were basically attacked as soon as they got out of the stadium. remembering there is a RETAIL PARK directly next to the stadium there was obviously a lot of people in and around the retail park that were just shopping. families, mums, dads, children and generally innocent people who were nothing to do with football....

there was a large mob of hibs fans who basically worked their way through the retail park, attacked completely innocent people , smashed shop windows to bits and did nothing more than make the travelling supporters look like total *****. this minority of ********s gave your whole supporters a bad name - i am friends with a lot of people in the bolton area and i know the conversations that were going on afterwards. is there going to be a backlash tonight? who knows, but its happened

as i was driving home from work one of the well known pubs in the area had hibs flags covering its railings outside and the whole outer area was swarmed with hibs fans. fair enough come and drink at our pubs, but dont take over and start re-branding our pubs with your flags

but my main concern was the fact that our shop had a few groups of mothers with their young kids running in for cover. i saw lots and lots of families running away from these dick heads who given the chance would have probably attacked them too. lots of innocent people were attacked and caught up in **** because of these muppets.

to the people who see what is wrong here - respect to you. i know the majority don't agree with it but unfortunately these idiots give the larger groups a bad name. whatever happened in the ground and whatever chants are made is one thing - once the games over it should all be over and it shouldn't go any further. football has banter (some of it not so tasteful) but thats just life. the bolton fans sing a chant every time they play man utd mocking the munich air disaster and its sick , but these individuals are the real sad ones in the situations and it very rarely goes further - let alone at a testimonial.

shame on the minority that spoiled lots of peoples afternoons. i'm in work tomorrow and something tells me the retail park wont be so busy after todays antics!

NaeTechnoHibby
08-08-2009, 11:02 PM
I am gutted that our proud name will dragged through the mud for this, I have family in Bolton and this is not what I want them to think of us as a support

GlesgaeHibby
08-08-2009, 11:03 PM
well after being directed here from searching on google i'll be the first one who was in bolton today to actually confirm yes there was "trouble" and what i saw frankly , it was shocking and shameful

i live in manchester and actually work on the middlebrook retail park, only about 50m away from the thorntons where i saw a group of 20-30+ hibs fans basically charge towards and boot the **** out of the windows till they smashed. i've read there was a guy thrown through the windows? can't say i saw it myself (mind you, there were far too many bodies about to be able to tell) but there was an ambulance there about 5mins later and it was obviously attending to something for a good half hour

i don't support bolton wanderers being from manchester i am a man united fan and anyone who lives around this area knows 99% of bolton fans hate Man Utd and there is quite an intense local rivalry - at least between the fans if not the actual teams... so i really don't have any reason to be sticking up for bolton fans etc but what i saw today was ridiculous

i know what football hooligans are about and ive seen a lot over the years and read a lot too. one thing i know for sure between football 'hooligans' is the genuine ones organize it and never - ever get innocent people involved. right or wrong, i dont care - if two groups want a bit of a scrap before / after a football match but keep it to themselves i couldn't care less. what i saw today was the total opposite

from what i hear the bolton fans were basically attacked as soon as they got out of the stadium. remembering there is a RETAIL PARK directly next to the stadium there was obviously a lot of people in and around the retail park that were just shopping. families, mums, dads, children and generally innocent people who were nothing to do with football....

there was a large mob of hibs fans who basically worked their way through the retail park, attacked completely innocent people , smashed shop windows to bits and did nothing more than make the travelling supporters look like total *****. this minority of ********s gave your whole supporters a bad name - i am friends with a lot of people in the bolton area and i know the conversations that were going on afterwards. is there going to be a backlash tonight? who knows, but its happened

as i was driving home from work one of the well known pubs in the area had hibs flags covering its railings outside and the whole outer area was swarmed with hibs fans. fair enough come and drink at our pubs, but dont take over and start re-branding our pubs with your flags

but my main concern was the fact that our shop had a few groups of mothers with their young kids running in for cover. i saw lots and lots of families running away from these dick heads who given the chance would have probably attacked them too. lots of innocent people were attacked and caught up in **** because of these muppets.

to the people who see what is wrong here - respect to you. i know the majority don't agree with it but unfortunately these idiots give the larger groups a bad name. whatever happened in the ground and whatever chants are made is one thing - once the games over it should all be over and it shouldn't go any further. football has banter (some of it not so tasteful) but thats just life. the bolton fans sing a chant every time they play man utd mocking the munich air disaster and its sick , but these individuals are the real sad ones in the situations and it very rarely goes further - let alone at a testimonial.

shame on the minority that spoiled lots of peoples afternoons. i'm in work tomorrow and something tells me the retail park wont be so busy after todays antics!

Thanks for your support. We saw trouble brewing as we left the stadium heading towards the retail park.

The behaviour of this lot of idiots made me embarassed to be a Hibs fan today. As the poster has said, if casuals want to knock lumps out of each other then fair enough but don't drag innocent people into it.

modsquad
08-08-2009, 11:08 PM
I also know because I work in Manchester there was trouble in Kearsley when Hibs Casuals got off a train after the game.

They were penned in on a train to Manchester by BTP before being hoarded onto a train going out of Manchester. There were about 40 of them which were a mixture of older & younger all in the usual Stone Island essentials. One of the older lads was sporting quite a nasty black eye

NaeTechnoHibby
08-08-2009, 11:19 PM
Penn the lot of them in permenantly IMO

We really dinnae need this PIsh :bitchy:

lucky
08-08-2009, 11:25 PM
Never saw any trouble but it was a very drunk Hibs support. There was also the biggest CCS turnout since Millwall 1991. I cant believe they served drink through out the match as it was clear that something was going to happen.

Some Bolton fans in both corners were clearly there for trouble but seemed to get away with gestures and threats. I thought it was a very poorly policed game.

mentalhibee
08-08-2009, 11:30 PM
I'm just back from bolton, the hibs fans were in full voice singing only hibs songs but then the bolton fans decide to chant about scottish **** and engerland etc. They looked like the BNP brigade and some were even booing amir kahn! I thought he'd be a local hero:confused: Never seen the trouble at the retail park but you could sense something might happen. Shame if innocent people were caught up in things!

HIBERNIAN 1875
08-08-2009, 11:36 PM
Saddened to see a minority of our support has harmed the reputation of our club and overshadowed the majority of Hibs fans who were very well behaved today.

NaeTechnoHibby
08-08-2009, 11:48 PM
I'm just back from bolton, the hibs fans were in full voice singing only hibs songs but then the bolton fans decide to chant about scottish **** and engerland etc. They looked like the BNP brigade and some were even booing amir kahn! I thought he'd be a local hero:confused: Never seen the trouble at the retail park but you could sense something might happen. Shame if innocent people were caught up in things!

My aunt said that he had run down some people in a car that, in her words, "was too big for him" and she said a lot of people were angry about this :dunno:

She's a local and a proud one at that, and she said that they were dissappointed in him :dunno:

Part/Time Supporter
09-08-2009, 06:23 AM
"They started it!"

Kevin Davies started it.

bathhibby
09-08-2009, 06:33 AM
Didn't see any trouble.

Apart from the two sets of Fans in the Corner under the Big Screen doing their usual noising up all was well.

Left the game and walked round the ground to the Home Car Park and got nothing but good homoured banter from the Bolton Fans.

I can't see Beer ever being sold in Scottish Grounds as the Concourse under our Stand was mobbed throughout the game by folks who drank and watched the game on the Stadium TV !

Great Hibs support and dare I say it if we had the Sky Millions we would fit into the EPL no problem.

YehButNoBut
09-08-2009, 07:21 AM
Taken from http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/boards/viewtopic.php?t=17989&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=140&sid=c9ae55b294b24f9879360e7639734e45

"Came down the steps into east lower concourse to be confronted by about 50 Hibs (grown men, not kids) attacking the early leavers, so mainly women and families. One fat bald polo shirted one kicked a woman in the stomach. C***. He soon ran though. Coward. Top marks for the 2 GMP officers bravley trying to beat them back on their own."

It was a friendly, testimonal, charity game FFS. How come they never do this at Ibrox and the likes. "Cowards" seems about right to me.

Noticed this post further down this thread from "HeartsFan"

"Guys,

Sorry to hear that those Hibs idiots made a disgrace of themselves.

Please don't brand all Scots the same though. You'll get trouble from Hibs, Rangers and Aberdeen. From Celtic you get all the pro IRA baggage. All the other clubs will be up for a bit of banter and nothing more.

You can only be blamed for inviting the peg-selling gypsy junkie tramps in the first place. http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/boards/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Next time invite the Hearts. Classier fans and no aggro."

:jamboak:

Pedantic_Hibee
09-08-2009, 07:42 AM
The Jambo on there fair got put in his place in the post directly after his amusing one-eyed look on the world. :thumbsup:

YehButNoBut
09-08-2009, 07:58 AM
The Jambo on there fair got put in his place in the post directly after his amusing one-eyed look on the world. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Just noticed that, nice one. :greengrin

oneone73
09-08-2009, 08:23 AM
Disgusting, embarrassing, humiliating are the first words to come to mind. We were all up in arms at the police announcing they were aware there was going to be trouble. Looks like they were right.

All I can say is that they are not Hibs fans, they are not even football fans. They are just hooligans and our club and the majority of fans dont want to be assosiated with it.

We're kidding ourselves if we pretend they're not Hibs fans. There IS a nasty, thuggish element in our support, even if it is a minority. We've all seen it, and we turn a blind eye - and a deaf ear - to their racist songs and chants. And until the rest of us stand up to them they will always spoil the club's big days for us all.
Easy to say, harder to do, I know. But they ARE a Hibs problem. We have to shun them, to report them to the authorities, and stewards and police have to come down harder on them. Let's take them to court and get the banning order.

Jay
09-08-2009, 09:17 AM
We're kidding ourselves if we pretend they're not Hibs fans. There IS a nasty, thuggish element in our support, even if it is a minority. We've all seen it, and we turn a blind eye - and a deaf ear - to their racist songs and chants. And until the rest of us stand up to them they will always spoil the club's big days for us all.
Easy to say, harder to do, I know. But they ARE a Hibs problem. We have to shun them, to report them to the authorities, and stewards and police have to come down harder on them. Let's take them to court and get the banning order.

I deleted my post for other reasons but I will answer this. I didn't mean they were not Hibs fans as such. They are hooligans firstly who 'support' a team. Unfortunately this lot have chosen Hibs to 'support'. I bet they hardly saw a ball kicked, they dont go to watch football. I know they are a Hibs problem.

I personally wont stand up to them but I might not be so quick top dis the police like I did at the announcements before this game.

Hibby70
09-08-2009, 09:22 AM

Doesnt help that when you do report them the stewards/police do heehaw. I moved to the West to get away from these phannies and their racist crap. One good thing about the new East (when its built) will be that it'll be easier to spot these muppets (not that its hard - just look for the ugliest and best dressed).

Nae class.

SunnyLeither
09-08-2009, 09:55 AM
I for one was dissappointed in all the pre-match hype etc. that went on in connection with potential trouble. I got a call from the Football division of Greater Manchester Police giving me the 3rd degree and I run a bus with mums, dads & kids on it. Then we hear all the guff circulated to our coach companies, I was beginning to visualise the Bolton area in lock down and Police state type tactics with some Bobby coming on our bus with his funny shaped helmet sticking his litmus paper in my Evian bottle to check if it was something more sinister.

Then you pull in to a service station full of drunken greatest fans in the world pouring off coaches followed by black bags full of empties pishing next to their coaches, obviously walking 50 yards to a toilet facility was too much for some of them. I thought to myself, either these guys can't read (maybe true in many cases) or with experience they knew the threats from Manchester's finest were purely hot air.

Onto the game, sitting near the Bolton fans, my opinion was although I didn't agree with 1 or 2 of the ditties being exchanged, no-one got hurt by the hot air being expelled and it actually picked the atmosphere up a bit. As for the afters well, where did the phrase 'known faces' come from? If they're known, follow them and make sure they don't cause bother in shopping malls or were the GMP too busy making sure I didn't sneak a wee voddy in ma water bottle. For the record, they did neither it seems!!

Furthermore, I don't condone violence :wink:

blackpoolhibs
09-08-2009, 10:11 AM
It did kick off in the shopping centre next to the ground, i think its called middlebrook. There was running battles with hibs and bolton ****. Innocent people, parents with children were running for their safety, some we locked in the shops, others were caught in the fighting. Me i'm so happy they kept me safe, i dont know how i would have managed to escape if it was not for our hero's clearing a path for me, and ordinary fans like me.:bitchy:

Wembley67
09-08-2009, 10:16 AM
It did kick off in the shopping centre next to the ground, i think its called middlebrook. There was running battles with hibs and bolton ****. Innocent people, parents with children were running for their safety, some we locked in the shops, others were caught in the fighting. Me i'm so happy they kept me safe, i dont know how i would have managed to escape if it was not for our hero's clearing a path for me, and ordinary fans like me.:bitchy:

Yep, we salute you white knights of Hibernian without you football would be a more dangerous place.

blackpoolhibs
09-08-2009, 10:20 AM
Yep, we salute you white knights of Hibernian without you football would be a more dangerous place.

:top marks Yesterday proved once and for all, they dont just attack like minded people. They did not care if it was man women or child. They must be very proud today.:bitchy:

khib70
09-08-2009, 10:33 AM
Was at the game and was totallydisgusted with the neanderthal behaviour of some of the pondlife who hijack our good name and our colours. Didn't see any of the shopping centre etc incidents, but it was clear that trouble was way above football on the minds of a sizeable minority. The classic illustration was when Hibs were actually taking a corner at our end, and a large body of the so called support were all looking towards the opposing fans.

It was very clear from the condition and demeanour of a good number that the game was just an excuse to advertise their inability to hold more than two pints of fizzy lagerpish, and to advertise their "hardness" by gesturing at people fifty yards and several dozen police and stewards away. Pathetic bottom feeding self-abusers who drag the good name of our club into the gutter. More pathetic, though, are the idiots who seek to defend them.

blackpoolhibs
09-08-2009, 10:36 AM
Was at the game and was totallydisgusted with the neanderthal behaviour of some of the pondlife who hijack our good name and our colours. Didn't see any of the shopping centre etc incidents, but it was clear that trouble was way above football on the minds of a sizeable minority. The classic illustration was when Hibs were actually taking a corner at our end, and a large body of the so called support were all looking towards the opposing fans.

It was very clear from the condition and demeanour of a good number that the game was just an excuse to advertise their inability to hold more than two pints of fizzy lagerpish, and to advertise their "hardness" by gesturing at people fifty yards and several dozen police and stewards away. Pathetic bottom feeding self-abusers who drag the good name of our club into the gutter. More pathetic, though, are the idiots who seek to defend them.

:top marks Why do they do this?

marti1875
09-08-2009, 10:41 AM
Shockerooney!! Fans in fight at football, who's have guessed it?? Next thing there'll be singing, drinking and rowdy behaviour as well at the games eh?? dear oh dear, i think we should all have a wee cup of tea and a scone and calm down after all the "excitement"...:greengrin

Don't get me wrong, i'm not one for the idiots just going to games to get involved in ridiculous pavement dancing in any shape or form but i really do find it hard to believe that the so called "hibs casuals" or whoever the idiots were actually started randomly kicking and punching women and children and completely innocent people like it's been claimed. Some things get blown all out of proportion in the heat of the moment and very exaggerated, i know as in my years of following Hibs when i was in the UK i've saw many many things happen then i read the so called "reports" from some fans it's absolutely nothing like what actually happened at all and is really quite ridiculous to hear how people like to add their own wee bit to things to make it sound jucier. Just my humble opinion of course.....back to my crochet and knitting now as i don't want to venture out in case those bad boys might be fighting now do i??.....:greengrin

Booked4Being-Ugly
09-08-2009, 10:42 AM
I heard at the PNE game that there would be trouble with these scrotes going
down. I feared the worst but thought and hoped the police would be well on
top of it.

They are a fcuckin disgrace and we cannot distance ourselves further from these
****bags.

blackpoolhibs
09-08-2009, 10:44 AM
Shockerooney!! Fans in fight at football, who's have guessed it?? Next thing there'll be singing, drinking and rowdy behaviour as well at the games eh?? dear oh dear, i think we should all have a wee cup of tea and a scone and calm down after all the "excitement"...:greengrin

Don't get me wrong, i'm not one for the idiots just going to games to get involved in ridiculous pavement dancing in any shape or form but i really do find it hard to believe that the so called "hibs casuals" or whoever the idiots were actually started randomly kicking and punching women and children and completely innocent people like it's been claimed. Some things get blown all out of proportion in the heat of the moment and very exaggerated, i know as in my years of following Hibs when i was in the UK i've saw many many things happen then i read the so called "reports" from some fans it's absolutely nothing like what actually happened at all and is really quite ridiculous to hear how people like to add their own wee bit to things to make it sound jucier. Just my humble opinion of course.....back to my crochet and knitting now as i don't want to venture out in case those bad boys might be fighting now do i??.....:greengrin

Drivel and pish.

Hibby70
09-08-2009, 10:45 AM
lets just line up both sets of "casuals" on the half way line and make it the half time entertainment.

Let them knock seven bells out of each other until they are incapable of bothering anyone else.

Muppets the lot of them.

marti1875
09-08-2009, 10:49 AM
Drivel and pish.

Thanks for the really intelligent and constructive criticism and insight you choose to share with me, i applaud you!!!:thumbsup:

Jack
09-08-2009, 10:51 AM
Crimestoppers would probably be keen to hear about these 'well kent faeces'

blackpoolhibs
09-08-2009, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the really intelligent and constructive criticism and insight you choose to share with me, i applaud you!!!:thumbsup:

It got the reply it deserved.:bye:

marti1875
09-08-2009, 10:57 AM
It got the reply it deserved.:bye:

Hey, i'm just saying exactly how i saw it, i was a season ticket holder for 17 years at ER and saw many thing happen that got grossy exaggerated so how exactly does that make me talk pish then? You don't even know me to judge me and my view!! As per usual on here, don't have an opinion unless it's the same as yours and have at least 18,000 posts i gess eh??.....:bye:...:blah::blah:

Hibby70
09-08-2009, 10:58 AM

Agree that things do sometimes get blown out of proportion but if even one kid has had his day out (to the football or to the shops to buy Wii Sports) ruined by these plums then its too much.

What we are talking about is adults who are acting like they are 10 year olds in a playground trying to prove they are the hardest.

The could do with a good dose of reality as to what hard really means - 90% of these guys wouldnt last 2 minutes in prison, Afganistan, Harlem, Woodburn Miners Club ....

marti1875
09-08-2009, 11:05 AM
Agree that things do sometimes get blown out of proportion but if even one kid has had his day out (to the football or to the shops to buy Wii Sports) ruined by these plums then its too much.

What we are talking about is adults who are acting like they are 10 olds in a playground trying to prove they are the hardest.

The could do with a good dose of reality as to what hard really means - 90% of these guys wouldnt last 2 minutes in prison, Afganistan, Harlem, Woodburn Miners Club ....

Oh aye, i agree totally, sorry if my post maybe comes across that i am taking their side but i'm not in favour of the idiots in any shape or form. All i'm saying is once ppl jump on the bandwagon stories spiral out of control and blow it all up way out of proportion that was all, i mean 8 pages on here about it and counting.......:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
09-08-2009, 11:06 AM
Hey, i'm just saying exactly how i saw it, i was a season ticket holder for 17 years at ER and saw many thing happen that got grossy exaggerated so how exactly does that make me talk pish then? You don't even know me to judge me and my view!! As per usual on here, don't have an opinion unless it's the same as yours and have at least 18,000 posts i gess eh??.....:bye:...:blah::blah:

Women and children were running for their life yesterday. fact. People were fighting in a shopping centre, a man was thrown through a window fact, in full view of families with young kids. They were frightened to death. Yet to you its just a laugh, and i quote, Shockerooney!! Fans in fight at football, who's have guessed it?? Next thing there'll be singing, drinking and rowdy behaviour as well at the games eh?? dear oh dear, i think we should all have a wee cup of tea and a scone and calm down after all the "excitement"...
You see it was not fans in fight at football, it was in a shopping precinct, with people who had not been to a football game. No need to add anything to make it jucier, this happened yesterday, and you find it funny, you think we need to have a scone, you are a knob.

marti1875
09-08-2009, 11:13 AM
Women and children were running for their life yesterday. fact. People were fighting in a shopping centre, a man was thrown through a window fact, in full view of families with young kids. They were frightened to death. Yet to you its just a laugh, and i quote, Shockerooney!! Fans in fight at football, who's have guessed it?? Next thing there'll be singing, drinking and rowdy behaviour as well at the games eh?? dear oh dear, i think we should all have a wee cup of tea and a scone and calm down after all the "excitement"...
You see it was not fans in fight at football, it was in a shopping precinct, with people who had not been to a football game. No need to add anything to make it jucier, this happened yesterday, and you find it funny, you think we need to have a scone, you are a knob.

As i said already, nothing like being allowed your own opinion as long as it's the same as yours eh?? ...If you actually care to read what i'm saying, i never in any way defend the idiots who act like twats at the games....And thanks for the "you are a knob" comment, i'll not resort to such childish pathetic name calling!!

blackpoolhibs
09-08-2009, 11:23 AM
As i said already, nothing like being allowed your own opinion as long as it's the same as yours eh?? ...If you actually care to read what i'm saying, i never in any way defend the idiots who act like twats at the games....And thanks for the "you are a knob" comment, i'll not resort to such childish pathetic name calling!!

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but your opinion makes light of what happened. You have the wee green smiley after your scone comment. People were frightened yesterday. If any are caught, there will be affray charges brought. You make it sound as if football violence is something to chuckle about, there will be families at home in bolton who would argue that case. These **** should be locked away for a very long time, do you agree with that?

marti1875
09-08-2009, 11:36 AM
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but your opinion makes light of what happened. You have the wee green smiley after your scone comment. People were frightened yesterday. If any are caught, there will be affray charges brought. You make it sound as if football violence is something to chuckle about, there will be families at home in bolton who would argue that case. These **** should be locked away for a very long time, do you agree with that?

Aye, of course i aree that they twats should get locked up as they've no place in a so called civilised society. I personaly have been caught up in the middle of all that nonsense at games before but i don't make a big deal of it and don't usully wish to give them the forum space, media space as this just fuels the fire, they seem to actually revel in the fact everyone's talking about them!! I spoke to 2 mates who were at the game and they said they were waiting on their lift coming (well, their g/friends were shopping whilst they were at the game, lol) right at the shopping precinct place where the "battle" or whatever took place and they said it was all handbags at dawn stuff and was over before it began and saw absolutely nothing that made them feel scared at all. I told them about this 8 page thread about it and they said it must've been a complete different "battle" as the one they saw hardly really happened and even their girlfriends laughed at the so called "fans" and their so called "fighting" as they thought it was pathetic!! They said you could see it coming a mile away and most of the general public, shoppers had all moved well clear. I only go on what i've heard from them as well just like others go on what they have heard ok so that's what i base my opinion on, that's all. I'm no wanting to get into one of those slanging matches as i just goes nowhere ok......cheers.

Hibs90
09-08-2009, 11:45 AM
When leaving the ground it looked like there was a wee scuffle. Never seen anything else though.

blackpoolhibs
09-08-2009, 11:46 AM
Aye, of course i aree that they twats should get locked up as they've no place in a so called civilised society. I personaly have been caught up in the middle of all that nonsense at games before but i don't make a big deal of it and don't usully wish to give them the forum space, media space as this just fuels the fire, they seem to actually revel in the fact everyone's talking about them!! I spoke to 2 mates who were at the game and they said they were waiting on their lift coming (well, their g/friends were shopping whilst they were at the game, lol) right at the shopping precinct place where the "battle" or whatever took place and they said it was all handbags at dawn stuff and was over before it began and saw absolutely nothing that made them feel scared at all. I told them about this 8 page thread about it and they said it must've been a complete different "battle" as the one they saw hardly really happened and even their girlfriends laughed at the so called "fans" and their so called "fighting" as they thought it was pathetic!! They said you could see it coming a mile away and most of the general public, shoppers had all moved well clear. I only go on what i've heard from them as well just like others go on what they have heard ok so that's what i base my opinion on, that's all. I'm no wanting to get into one of those slanging matches as i just goes nowhere ok......cheers.
Well you are adding to this subject. Your friends must have been at a different fight to the one i mentioned. Did they see the guy thrown through the window? Did they see the fight outside waterstones? Did they see the security guards that were beaten to the floor, and kicked stupid? Did they see any of this? Not what i would call pathetic, and certainly nothing to make light of and laugh at.

marti1875
09-08-2009, 11:54 AM
Well you are adding to this subject. Your friends must have been at a different fight to the one i mentioned. Did they see the guy thrown through the window? Did they see the fight outside waterstones? Did they see the security guards that were beaten to the floor, and kicked stupid? Did they see any of this? Not what i would call pathetic, and certainly nothing to make light of and laugh at.

Oh dear here we go again...if you care to actually READ what i said about giving the twats any publicity i said i "don't usually" wish to talk about it, this being an exception but i see you only see one way and that's it so there's no point whatsoever in going any further. You see to be Mr unlucky that you seem to have been at every single incident that happened all day and have a first hand eyewitness account of everything! I do hope you have told all to the local police then seeing as you saw it all dramatically unfold before your very own eyes all day as i now have spoken to lots who saw absolutely nothing and had a great day but hey, opinions and all that eh??
Well, a couple saw one or 2 very minor scuffles but do not get scared by that whatsoever, they said it was just pathetic full stop and they hardly batted an eyelid to it like no-one else did around them, including locals shopping etc etc........i'm off now to get my life back and open a cold beer and have my scone with it!!

blackpoolhibs
09-08-2009, 11:57 AM
Oh dear here we go again...if you care to actually READ what i said about giving the twats any publicity i said i "don't usually" wish to talk about it, this being an exception but i see you only see one way and that's it so there's no point whatsoever in going any further. You see to be Mr unlucky that you seem to have been at every single incident that happened all day and have a first hand eyewitness account of everything! I do hope you have told all to the local police then seeing as you saw it all dramatically unfold before your very own eyes all day as i now have spoken to lots who saw absolutely nothing and had a great day but hey, opinions and all that eh??
Well, a couple saw one or 2 very minor scuffles but do not get scared by that whatsoever, they said it was just pathetic full stop and they hardly batted an eyelid to it like no-one else did around them, including locals shopping etc etc........i'm off now to get my life back and open a cold beer and have my scone with it!!
More drivel and pish.:blah:

marti1875
09-08-2009, 12:02 PM
More drivel and pish.:blah:

A i said before, is that it??..dear oh dear how old are you really?? That's your opinion, what i think about yours i couldn't possibly get away with typing it, harden up and get into the real world that other people are allowed an opinion that opposes your one ok! Somehow i think you'll not quite understand the right to one having an opiniion that isn't the same as you'r..is that not what the concept of open forums re suppsed to be about?...At least i know i can have my own opinion without resorting to pathetic childish ways!! Thank you and good night!!

Brooster
09-08-2009, 12:23 PM
Just leave it you 2. :thumbsup:

marinello59
09-08-2009, 12:24 PM

This opening was hardly going mark you out as someone looking for reasoned debate was it?
Sadly most people here are probably not shocked that there was fighting at a football game. That doesn't mean that the decent majority shouldn't make their feelings known about the small band of ********s who would have us thinking twice about bringing our kids along.
Your main point about incidents being routinely exaggerated, which you eventually got to after dismissing other Hibs fans in such patronising tones, may have some substance. However wasn't there similar claims of exaggeration made about the cowardly attack on a Hearts supporters coach last season?

Chuckie
09-08-2009, 12:44 PM
From what I saw the trouble just outside the ground after the game could have been easily avoided, and I would question the decision by the police of allowing both sets of fans out of the ground at the final whistle.

Both sets of fans in the corner area were having a good time of it winding each other up. The usual chants and posturing, which inevitably lead to a few people getting overheated and trying to move towards each other. The stewards were on hand. However I think the flashpoint was when a Hibs fan fell to the ground and was lead away by the steward (it looked like he was being dragged along the ground). A few of his friends went to help him up, more stewards waded in and then everyone just seemed to lose their tempers. There were a lot of coins, and other missiles getting launched back and forwards.

Seconds later, the final whistle goes, and both sets of fans rush outside. The officials open the gates and the fans ran towards each other. To be fair to the police they had it under control in minutes. I think there were only a few minor scuffles. I remember seeing a policeman hitting a few Hibs fans with his baton. Certainly nobody got injured.

I was watching closely and these Hibs guys looked they had done this kind of running battle thing before. Encouraging each other to stand and face the police horses and Bolton fans like they were some kind of war generals, but they were easily driven back by the horses.

Gala Foxes
09-08-2009, 01:16 PM
Just back, 2 great nights out in Bolton, brilliant laugh at the holiday inn in the early hours of this morning

top quality

Gmack7
09-08-2009, 01:25 PM
Just back, 2 great nights out in Bolton, brilliant laugh at the holiday inn in the early hours of this morning

top quality
folk having a knees up on an away trip that will never catch on:wink:

sahib
09-08-2009, 01:28 PM
From what I saw the trouble just outside the ground after the game could have been easily avoided, and I would question the decision by the police of allowing both sets of fans out of the ground at the final whistle.

Both sets of fans in the corner area were having a good time of it winding each other up. The usual chants and posturing, which inevitably lead to a few people getting overheated and trying to move towards each other. The stewards were on hand. However I think the flashpoint was when a Hibs fan fell to the ground and was lead away by the steward (it looked like he was being dragged along the ground). A few of his friends went to help him up, more stewards waded in and then everyone just seemed to lose their tempers. There were a lot of coins, and other missiles getting launched back and forwards.

Seconds later, the final whistle goes, and both sets of fans rush outside. The officials open the gates and the fans ran towards each other. To be fair to the police they had it under control in minutes. I think there were only a few minor scuffles. I remember seeing a policeman hitting a few Hibs fans with his baton. Certainly nobody got injured.

I was watching closely and these Hibs guys looked they had done this kind of running battle thing before. Encouraging each other to stand and face the police horses and Bolton fans like they were some kind of war generals, but they were easily driven back by the horses.

As bad as it sounds, that is the sort of thing that can happen at matches. Punching women, terrorising shoppers and wrecking shops is just evil thuggery, however and is totally indefensible.

LancashireHibby
09-08-2009, 03:09 PM
I didn't actually witness any of the trouble as I stayed behind to applaud Jussi's lap of honour, but as a supporter of both clubs I was hugely embarrassed at the antics of both sets of supporters in the ground, went well past banter IMHO. Fully expected England-Scotland stuff, that's par for teh course, but things went well beyond that.

The excuse that was no segregation outside the ground etc is a joke - even when Man Utd, Blackburn, Wigan, City etc go to the Reebok, there is no such segregation outside the ground, and the numbers of incidents you can count on one hand.

Was a great day out, drinking in the Beehive and then later on in a proper little boozer in Bolton. Hugely enjoyed having a Hibs game on my doorstep, but I fear it's the last time in a long while that I'll have such an opportunity.

Nakedmanoncrack
09-08-2009, 03:37 PM
Violence_erupts_following_Bolton_Wanderers_game_ag ainst_Hibs/ (http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/4535894.Violence_erupts_following_Bolton_Wanderers _game_against_Hibs/)

matty_f
09-08-2009, 03:39 PM
I didn't actually witness any of the trouble as I stayed behind to applaud Jussi's lap of honour, but as a supporter of both clubs I was hugely embarrassed at the antics of both sets of supporters in the ground, went well past banter IMHO. Fully expected England-Scotland stuff, that's par for teh course, but things went well beyond that.

The excuse that was no segregation outside the ground etc is a joke - even when Man Utd, Blackburn, Wigan, City etc go to the Reebok, there is no such segregation outside the ground, and the numbers of incidents you can count on one hand.

Was a great day out, drinking in the Beehive and then later on in a proper little boozer in Bolton. Hugely enjoyed having a Hibs game on my doorstep, but I fear it's the last time in a long while that I'll have such an opportunity.

It's brutal that Hibs will get associated with this sort of pish again, and it will probably mean that we'll not go to England again for some time in pre-season.

It's embarrassing and disgusting behaviour like that mentioned in this thread that spoils these events for everyone.

blackpoolhibs
09-08-2009, 03:48 PM
Violence_erupts_following_Bolton_Wanderers_game_ag ainst_Hibs/ (http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/4535894.Violence_erupts_following_Bolton_Wanderers _game_against_Hibs/)

Dont believe a word of it, just a wee bit of pavement dancing, and the rest was exagerated. 2 women who were shopping there will be along shortly to clear this missunderstanding up.:bitchy:

matty_f
09-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Dont believe a word of it, just a wee bit of pavement dancing, and the rest was exagerated. 2 women who were shopping there will be along shortly to clear this missunderstanding up.:bitchy:

:agree:Once the swelling has gone down.

givescotlandfreedom
09-08-2009, 03:54 PM
As someone posted "Kevin Davies started it". The atmosphere seemed good until he put in a bad challenge on Bamba - the Hibs fans were angry and the Bolton corner were cheering it. From then on it took a nastier turn and the petty stuff started with those who preferred to watch each other rather than the game. Idiots on both sides - I hope we don't lose out on getting more trips like that due to these bawbags but suspect it won't help.
Speaking of trouble I saw Alex Rae getting on a train full of Celtc fans - does anyone know where his body was flung out?

nonshinyfinish
09-08-2009, 03:55 PM
:agree:Once the swelling has gone down.

It's political correctness gone mad. :bitchy:

JIm
09-08-2009, 04:38 PM

**** off. Thats what travelling with your team is all about, going to new cities, flying the flag! Taking over pubs, having a good time and a sing song!

we are the hibs!:greengrin

Sir David Gray
09-08-2009, 04:41 PM
I'm just back a few hours ago.

Personally I never saw any trouble but I'm not surprised that there was bother.

I don't have a problem with the Scotland/England chants, I think it's just an added bit of banter for the game.

But dragging innocent people into drink-fuelled violence is completely inexcusable and any Hibs "fans" who were involved in such activities should be utterly ashamed of themselves. I don't give a jot what happens to them but what I do care about is that they have dragged the name of Hibernian FC through the mud.

I hope they are caught and I hope Hibs receive their details and that they are subsequently handed lifetime bans from every UK town centre when Hibs are playing there.

Drinking alcohol is no excuse for violent behaviour. People should be able to have a few pints before the game and still know how to conduct themselves. I had a few drinks in the Bee Hive before the match and I was a bit "happy" but all it did was make me enjoy myself. I had a wee sing song during the match (yes I did sing some Scottish songs) but I had absolutely no inclination to start a fight with any Bolton fans or bring innocent bystanders into it.

I was staying at the Premier Inn across from the stadium and we went for a meal at the restaurant across from the hotel last night. We had to remove all our Hibs stuff as there were no away fans allowed but they did allow guests of the hotel to eat there.

When we walked across, there didn't seem to be any bother, there were Bolton fans drinking outside, about 20 Hibs fans standing in the car park talking and quite a few Police officers.

We were in there for about an hour and afterwards we were just going to have a drink before heading back to our hotel. However, as we went to the door, the manager apologised and said that he had been forced to shut the bar by the police and he had to go down to the council this morning to see about his licence as there had been a bit of football related trouble.

He didn't say whether it was Bolton fans or Hibs fans who had caused the trouble but I just find it all really pathetic.

Not only was this a pre-season FRIENDLY match but it was also a charity testimonial that was supposed to be a fun day out for all the family.

I hope that all those who were involved will be happy to know that their actions may just have resulted in Hibs not returning to England for the forseeable future and thus spoiling it for everyone else. I really enjoyed my few days down in Blackburn and Bolton and it's just a shame that the moronic element of our support couldn't just leave us decent fans alone to enjoy ourselves.

I hope this sorry episode will allow us to concentrate on cleaning our act up, rather than going about criticising fans of other clubs.

Apart from all the above and some of the idiotic songs that were sung at the Bee Hive, I thoroughly enjoyed myself and the vast majority of the Hibs support did us proud by turning up in large numbers and making a cracking atmosphere. :thumbsup:

I really hope that we have a similar pre-season next year but sadly I think it will be a few years before we are down in England again. :bitchy:

Weir7
09-08-2009, 05:03 PM

Would that have been the guy who started the trouble and challenged Hibs Fans to a fight? and wish he hadn't. I believe he wasnt thrown threw a window.

Nameless
09-08-2009, 05:15 PM
The only serious injury is a Hibs fan, with a suspected broken leg, but then I supose he deserved that, as he had the cheek to defend himself while being attacked.

There is two sides to every story.

nonshinyfinish
09-08-2009, 05:20 PM
The only serious injury is a Hibs fan, with a suspected broken leg, but then I supose he deserved that, as he had the cheek to defend himself while being attacked.

There is two sides to every story.

And of course only 'serious' injuries count...

MUSSI LEE
09-08-2009, 05:35 PM
QUOTE=OneTrueHibby;2124248]The only serious injury is a Hibs fan, with a suspected broken leg, but then I supose he deserved that, as he had the cheek to defend himself while being attacked.

There is two sides to every story.[/QUOTE]correct i also heard that hibs scarfers were involved in the trouble :agree: are you suprised blackpool hibs.now away and put your report in to the old bill :blah::faf:

campberbwfc
09-08-2009, 05:45 PM
a small number of your fans should not distract that the vast majority were having a good laugh and banter with bolton fans.

the reaction to jussi before and after the game was excellent.

there are cameras all round the ground so anyone involved in trouble can expect an early morning knock.

running into groups of kids and families giving it the big come on then is just a cowards trick and it will be caught on camera.

I thinkmost bolton fans realise that the trouble was caused by a small minority, the link to the paper report of the fight in Kearsley sounds more like people who wanted to fight doing so somewhere away from cameras.

anyway good luck for the season.

maturehibby
09-08-2009, 06:00 PM
Police were using video cameras during the game at the "Crazy Corner" so will have identified the culprits of both sides and the miscreants can hopefully expect a wee knock at the door in the near future .
I also saw Alex Rae jumping on the last train to the weege on Sat night at Preston and think he would have survived as they to a man/woman /child were "Buckied up to the eyeballs" and would be seeing far worse things than an ugly ex Rangers player

frazeHFC
09-08-2009, 06:08 PM
Well the Bolton fans have certainly showed what they think of the Hibs hooligans on their forum. A Hearts fan has posted sucking up to them saying it's only Hibs, Rangers and Aberdeen that do that sort of stuff, well, the Bolton fans certainly didn't accept his sucking up, he got a bit of stick

:duck:

nonshinyfinish
09-08-2009, 06:10 PM
Well the Bolton fans have certainly showed what they think of the Hibs hooligans on their forum. A Hearts fan has posted sucking up to them saying it's only Hibs, Rangers and Aberdeen that do that sort of stuff, well, the Bolton fans certainly didn't accept his sucking up, he got a bit of stick

:duck:

If that was the same post that I read, it was an Aberdeen fan complaining that they had been lumped in, not a Bolton fan defending Hibs fans' honour.

frazeHFC
09-08-2009, 06:16 PM
If that was the same post that I read, it was an Aberdeen fan complaining that they had been lumped in, not a Bolton fan defending Hibs fans' honour.

It says location: West stand lower and Pittodrie but he has over 4000 posts on the Bolton forum so :confused:

hibs0666
09-08-2009, 06:22 PM
Would that have been the guy who started the trouble and challenged Hibs Fans to a fight? and wish he hadn't. I believe he wasnt thrown threw a window.

20 versus 1. We Hibbys are very brave ain't we? :bitchy:

hibs0666
09-08-2009, 06:24 PM
Police were using video cameras during the game at the "Crazy Corner" so will have identified the culprits of both sides and the miscreants can hopefully expect a wee knock at the door in the near future .
I also saw Alex Rae jumping on the last train to the weege on Sat night at Preston and think he would have survived as they to a man/woman /child were "Buckied up to the eyeballs" and would be seeing far worse things than an ugly ex Rangers player

Shopping centres are cctv'd up to the eyeballs these days so hopefully our erseholes will be getting a chap on the door sometime very soon.

Nameless
09-08-2009, 06:25 PM
And of course only 'serious' injuries count...

And of course, only injuries to Bolton fans are worthy of derision:kettle:

hibs0666
09-08-2009, 06:27 PM
QUOTE=OneTrueHibby;2124248]The only serious injury is a Hibs fan, with a suspected broken leg, but then I supose he deserved that, as he had the cheek to defend himself while being attacked.

There is two sides to every story.correct i also heard that hibs scarfers were involved in the trouble :agree: are you suprised blackpool hibs.now away and put your report in to the old bill :blah::faf:[/QUOTE]

don't care if they were bollock naked - can only hope that our mentally deranged get what they deserve after that embarrassment.

fife hfc
09-08-2009, 07:11 PM
I was outside the ground until six o'clock and the police and stewards were in good heart. I could hear sirens but there didn't seem to be any tension in the air as both set of fans mixed well.

when I got on the half six train I was speaking to some of the Bolton fans who were sitting in the corner near our fans. They said it was just banter and nothing more sinister. I was behind the goal myself and felt the signing was the same and added to the atmosphere. I don't think the signing had anything to do with the fighting what has been reported.

I had my six year old son at the game and never once felt threatened by anything kicking off, even getting on the train to Manchester with the Bolton fans. Any Bolton fan looking in just like to thanks and hope you have a good season (though they appear to view Megson as we did Mixu).

nonshinyfinish
09-08-2009, 08:05 PM
It says location: West stand lower and Pittodrie but he has over 4000 posts on the Bolton forum so :confused:

I'm not saying he isn't a Bolton fan as well, but if you read his post it's quite clear that his motivation was to defend Aberdeen, not Hibs.

LancashireHibby
09-08-2009, 08:12 PM
The fella on the Bolton forum is originally from Aberdeen but now lives in Warrington and has a season ticket at the Reebok. Although on that particular thread it may be viewed that he was just defending Aberdeen, I know from postings Hibs stuff on there in the past that he's more of a Hibs sympathiser than a Hearts one :agree:

Bearders
09-08-2009, 08:31 PM
I was staying at the Premier Inn across from the stadium and we went for a meal at the restaurant across from the hotel last night. We had to remove all our Hibs stuff as there were no away fans allowed but they did allow guests of the hotel to eat there.

:bitchy:[/QUOTE]

Was staying at same hotel. Did anyone see the 3 turkeys that were dressed like extras from Brig o Doon - 1 in his late fifties/early sixties and challenging the Bolton fans with the come on chanting CCS !! ?

Removed
09-08-2009, 08:37 PM
Was staying at same hotel. Did anyone see the 3 turkeys that were dressed like extras from Brig o Doon - 1 in his late fifties/early sixties and challenging the Bolton fans with the come on chanting CCS !! ?

:agree: Was that the guy with oor wullie on the back of his strip

:faf:

Ed De Gramo
09-08-2009, 08:37 PM
Just back from Bolton/Manchester and what a weekend (the night out rather than the post match).

Both sets of fans were borderline with the songs....Bolton fans then overstepped the mark by hitting one of our fans with a coin. My mate went to complain to the police and he was basically waved away. The police then filmed the Hibs fans. The policeman was then asked about certain songs aka Scottish **** and he says nothing wrong with it (pretty sure that if it Scottish was replaced with English, then there would have been arrests) :grr:

From what I saw (and I was pretty much positioned in the scene of the crime :greengrin) coins were thrown by both fans and there were at least 6 Hibs fans and 3 Bolton fans kicked out).

2 Botlon fans wearing Rangers strips and trying to engage the crowd into singing songs we usually hear when the Huns are in town :agree:

All in all, 5 coins and a couple of bottles were thrown throughout the 90 minutes and then it all seemed to kick off from there. I was leaving the ground to see our fans running towards the Bolton fans and 2 or 3 police horses trying to prevent fights....saw a few clashes and was quickly ushered away by ONE :bitchy: steward.

Never saw a pre-season game like it....

fife hfc
09-08-2009, 08:51 PM
Just back from Bolton/Manchester and what a weekend (the night out rather than the post match).

Both sets of fans were borderline with the songs....Bolton fans then overstepped the mark by hitting one of our fans with a coin. My mate went to complain to the police and he was basically waved away. The police then filmed the Hibs fans. The policeman was then asked about certain songs aka Scottish **** and he says nothing wrong with it (pretty sure that if it Scottish was replaced with English, then there would have been arrests) :grr:

From what I saw (and I was pretty much positioned in the scene of the crime :greengrin) coins were thrown by both fans and there were at least 6 Hibs fans and 3 Bolton fans kicked out).

2 Botlon fans wearing Rangers strips and trying to engage the crowd into singing songs we usually hear when the Huns are in town :agree:

All in all, 5 coins and a couple of bottles were thrown throughout the 90 minutes and then it all seemed to kick off from there. I was leaving the ground to see our fans running towards the Bolton fans and 2 or 3 police horses trying to prevent fights....saw a few clashes and was quickly ushered away by ONE :bitchy: steward.

Never saw a pre-season game like it....

Come on, I saw the Bolton fan wearing the hun top in Mcdonalds before the game and he was about 14 year old. hardly anything to get worked up about. most of the Bolton fans in that area looked very young and hardly thugs
(just daft laddies trying to act big in the safety of the home end). As I said earlier I spoke to two of the Bolton youths in that area and you would be lucky if they were any older than 18. The signing was attempt by bairns to wind up the opposition fans and to get worked up about it is a joke.

Ed De Gramo
09-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Come on, I saw the Bolton fan wearing the hun top in Mcdonalds before the game and he was about 14 year old. hardly anything to get worked up about. most of the Bolton fans in that area looked very young and hardly thugs
(just daft laddies trying to act big in the safety of the home end). As I said earlier I spoke to two of the Bolton youths in that area and you would be lucky if they were any older than 18. The signing was attempt by bairns to wind up the opposition fans and to get worked up about it is a joke.

Think you were seeing a different fan then....both looked about my age and were warned by stewards on two occassions to bet the rag off :agree:

JIm
09-08-2009, 08:54 PM
Bolton got what they deserved!

Hibs90
09-08-2009, 08:55 PM
Think you were seeing a different fan then....both looked about my age and were warned by stewards on two occassions to bet the rag off :agree:

You do look rather young though Gramo :greengrin

fife hfc
09-08-2009, 08:56 PM
well I saw him in that area and I can tell you I walked within about a yard of him and he gave me daggers:faf:. I just gave him a smile and shook my head. he was about 14/15. Cannae say I saw another fan wearing a hun top.

Ed De Gramo
09-08-2009, 08:57 PM
well I saw him in that area and I can tell you I walked within about a yard of him and he gave me daggers:faf:. I just gave him a smile and shook my head. he was about 14/15. Cannae say I saw another fan wearing a hun top.

The other one had a cardigan coverin it :agree::greengrin

LancashireHibby
09-08-2009, 08:58 PM
As I've said previously, that corner is consistently just one big embarrassment. The "your mum's your dad" is a weekly ditty. Understandable when playing Wigan, Blackburn or Burnley, but hardly has the same ring when playing a London team or the Mancs :confused:

hibsdaft
09-08-2009, 09:07 PM
unfortunate headline on our official site....

"Hibernian a hit in Lancashire"

fife hfc
09-08-2009, 09:12 PM
As I've said previously, that corner is consistently just one big embarrassment. The "your mum's your dad" is a weekly ditty. Understandable when playing Wigan, Blackburn or Burnley or hearts:greengrin, but hardly has the same ring when playing a London team or the Mancs :confused:

As I said above they appeared to me to mostly silly wee laddies and nothing to get too worked up over. I personally felt it gave the game a good atmosphere, then I was sitting in the middle and not too near it.

Gatecrasher
09-08-2009, 09:16 PM
As I've said previously, that corner is consistently just one big embarrassment. The "your mum's your dad" is a weekly ditty. Understandable when playing Wigan, Blackburn or Burnley, but hardly has the same ring when playing a London team or the Mancs :confused:

when i was there a couple of months ago to see bolton v west ham it was that corner causing the bother with the west ham fans as well, the west ham fans reacted the same as the hibs fans, although i dont know if there was fighting after.

LancashireHibby
09-08-2009, 09:17 PM
As I said above they appeared to me to mostly silly wee laddies and nothing to get too worked up over. I personally felt it gave the game a good atmosphere, then I was sitting in the middle and not too near it.

I ended up sat in the vicinity of the creche at a few games a couple of years ago (Liverpool and Marseille spring to mind), and you could write their footballing knowledge on the back of a postage stamp with a marker pen. Suppose it's the price to pay of having £49 season tickets for the little darlings.

Twa Cairpets
09-08-2009, 09:29 PM

OK, I'll bite.

Either;

1) You are the master of the cunningly constructed ironic witticism, or
2) You're trying to be a keyboard hardman, defending your fellow plukey pals/neanderthal throwbacks to get a reaction from those pesky "scarfers"

Which is it?

Zondervan
09-08-2009, 09:41 PM
The most embarrassing today was Hibs fans singing that Tartan Army pish "We'll be Coming Down the Road".

Save that pish for Hampden when you boo the national anthem and sing all your other anti-English racist crap.

No room for that type of racist behavior from Hibs fans.

:blah:

hibeeleicester
09-08-2009, 10:02 PM
The most embarrassing today was Hibs fans singing that Tartan Army pish "We'll be Coming Down the Road".

Save that pish for Hampden when you boo the national anthem and sing all your other anti-English racist crap.

Not that im sticking up for him but....

why is it racist? Childish, yes as we are there to Watch hibs. What makes it racist, are all the TA racist for singing their national anthem?

Bwfcdan
09-08-2009, 10:37 PM
To JIm
You really need to get a life.

Yesterday was a mixture of good and bad. The good being the celebration of Jussi's time at the Reebok.
The bad being the section of fans from both sets of support who after having a bit of good banter took it a step to far.
Embarrasing for both clubs.

wee 162
09-08-2009, 10:53 PM

There is definitely a hun element to Boltons support imo. Was talking to a fairly hardy looking older boy (about 50) and he was saying he'd managed to get lifted in Manchester when the huns were in The UEFA Cup Final "just for having a UVF flag". His exact words were "we're all Rangers here". Now the boy was obviously noising us up a bit (being in a non suicidal mood not something I was about to rise to) however one of his acquaintances had referred to Hibbies as "all fenians" earlier. How widespread this is I don't know, but there is more than one Bolton fan who is a hun.

Bwfcdan
09-08-2009, 10:59 PM
There is definitely a hun element to Boltons support imo. Was talking to a fairly hardy looking older boy (about 50) and he was saying he'd managed to get lifted in Manchester when the huns were in The UEFA Cup Final "just for having a UVF flag". His exact words were "we're all Rangers here". Now the boy was obviously noising us up a bit (being in a non suicidal mood not something I was about to rise to) however one of his acquaintances had referred to Hibbies as "all fenians" earlier. How widespread this is I don't know, but there is more than one Bolton fan who is a hun.

Quite a lot of Bolton fans are fans of Rangers, there's nothing malicous about it. It's just they happen to be there favourite Scottish team.

wee 162
09-08-2009, 11:02 PM
Quite a lot of Bolton fans are fans of Rangers, there's nothing malicous about it. It's just they happen to be there favourite Scottish team.

Aye, what could possibly be malicious about supporting a bigoted institution such as that filth.

Bwfcdan
09-08-2009, 11:11 PM
Aye, what could possibly be malicious about supporting a bigoted institution such as that filth.

Everyone is entitled to there own opinion, i guess our opinions differ...

Calvin
09-08-2009, 11:28 PM

What could be malicious about supporting a casual violent institution as us?

Amsterdam
09-08-2009, 11:30 PM
what could be malicious about supporting a casual violent institution as us?

wtf?

Calvin
09-08-2009, 11:35 PM
wtf?
Well unfortunately that's the impression everyone at that shopping centre will now have of Hibernian FC. Not many Rangers fans I know are bigots either.

Amsterdam
09-08-2009, 11:46 PM
Well unfortunately that's the impression everyone at that shopping centre will now have of Hibernian FC. Not many Rangers fans I know are bigots either.

Have a word with yourself, comparing our Club to Rangers, who's fans made national news after their away day in Manchester.

Its the fans who get the bad reputation not the Club. Or did Rangers get punished for attacking the Policeman & knocking him to the ground?

As for bigoted Rangers fans, dont you hear them at ER singing their dittys? Or dont you go along to games?

Calvin
09-08-2009, 11:52 PM
Have a word with yourself, comparing our Club to Rangers, who's fans made national news after their away day in Manchester.

Its the fans who get the bad reputation not the Club. Or did Rangers get punished for attacking the Policeman & knocking him to the ground?

As for bigoted Rangers fans, dont you hear them at ER singing their dittys? Or dont you go along to games?

I was more playing devil's advocate and sounded like a Rangers sympathiser but you can see where I'm coming from. We're all a bit gutted that some idiots have probably wrecked our chances of English friendlies for the next few years and that's probably how the Rangers minority who are decent fellows feel as well.

I'm just disappointed that this reflects badly on us as a support.

Amsterdam
10-08-2009, 12:03 AM
I was more playing devil's advocate and sounded like a Rangers sympathiser but you can see where I'm coming from. We're all a bit gutted that some idiots have probably wrecked our chances of English friendlies for the next few years and that's probably how the Rangers minority who are decent fellows feel as well.

I know you are no sympathiser Cal, I was just surprised at you writing it thats all.
I agree 100% with your last line & I know you go to games, that was just me being cheeky

scoopyboy
10-08-2009, 12:20 AM

Rangers fans not being bigots is the most ridiculous post I have ever read.

You cannot know many Rangers fans is the only possible sense I can take from such a remark.

Chuckie
10-08-2009, 12:28 AM

What a steaming load of big fat yellow sanctimonious pish.

Have you written to the Hibs board? Have you written to the police ? Have you written to Gordon Brown. Have you written to your local MP. What have you done Calvino? NOTHING..

The only thing you are disappointed in is that nobody has come to your house and shaken your hand and thanked you for being so disappointed that this reflects badly on 'us as a support'.

Every football club has it's radges, which most of us accept. Your moral outrage on a football forum is embarassing and your words are redundant unless you are willing to act on your holier than thou attitude.

Will you ?

Cabbage East
10-08-2009, 05:11 AM
What could be malicious about supporting a casual violent institution as us?

Have word with yourself, you've slavered pish for the last few posts on here.

StevieC
10-08-2009, 07:31 AM
Quite a lot of Bolton fans are fans of Rangers, there's nothing malicous about it.

However, I definitely came across some BNP undertones whilst in Bolton and I suspect that this may well be the reason behind the allegience to Rangers from some of the Bolton support.

You may well be correct, in that the allegience in itself isn't malicious, but some of the people may well be.

hibsbollah
10-08-2009, 08:02 AM
However, I definitely came across some BNP undertones whilst in Bolton and I suspect that this may well be the reason behind the allegience to Rangers from some of the Bolton support.

You may well be correct, in that the allegience in itself isn't malicious, but some of the people may well be.

To be fair, big English clubs tend to have a significant Rangers following in their support. Bolton arent alone in this respect.

Part/Time Supporter
10-08-2009, 08:17 AM

Did that have anything to do with them booing Amir Khan?

:hmmm:

flash
10-08-2009, 08:43 AM
We had a great trip but only because we decided to go the other way at the train station from Bolton city centre. The sight of men well into their 40s roaming around looking for trouble would be funny were it not so embarrassing.

JIm
10-08-2009, 09:33 AM
To JIm
You really need to get a life.

Yesterday was a mixture of good and bad. The good being the celebration of Jussi's time at the Reebok.
The bad being the section of fans from both sets of support who after having a bit of good banter took it a step to far.
Embarrasing for both clubs.

You really need to get back to your own message board :bye:

At least the wierdos in the bolton corner made a noise, what were you doing sitting on your fist all day?

And i'm not embarresed by want went on at all, thought it was a great atmosphere!

we are the hibs! :greengrin

RIP
10-08-2009, 09:50 AM

At least the wierdos in the bolton corner made a noise, what were you doing sitting on your fist all day?

And i'm not embarresed by want went on at all, thought it was a great atmosphere!

:faf: You are joking wee man?

When does a Hibs Supporter ever say that?

It's complete jobby - so English and twee.

We are the Hibees:thumbsup:

marinello59
10-08-2009, 09:57 AM

:confused:

Seriously? Nothing that happened was unacceptable then?

kano
10-08-2009, 10:22 AM

There is no decent Rangers fans and if there are any im yet to meet them or hear of them.

joejoefaemexico
10-08-2009, 01:00 PM
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/4535894.Violence_erupts_following_Bolton_Wanderers _game_against_Hibs/?ref=mr

Sean1875
10-08-2009, 01:03 PM
There was sectarian chanting?

I wasnt at the game but find this very unlikely...

Hibs90
10-08-2009, 01:06 PM
I never heard any sectarian chanting once.

Jonnyboy
10-08-2009, 01:08 PM
Could be a reference to the chant aimed at Amir Khan? Cant recall any of the other legends/celebs being singled out that way

silverhibee
10-08-2009, 01:17 PM
Could be a reference to the chant aimed at Amir Khan? Cant recall any of the other legends/celebs being singled out that way

hibsdaft
10-08-2009, 01:27 PM
i took it to mean the scottish/ english chants.

as scotland and england are both part of the Uk this could be classsed as sectarian chanting. (sectarianism doesn't have to be to do with religion).

Danderhall Hibs
10-08-2009, 01:48 PM
i took it to mean the scottish/ english chants.

as scotland and england are both part of the Uk this could be classsed as sectarian chanting. (sectarianism doesn't have to be to do with religion).

Could the "song" referring to the Queen be classed at sectarian?

Removed
10-08-2009, 01:52 PM

:dunno: There were a few

Do you mean the Michael Fagan one?

brog
10-08-2009, 01:58 PM

The verse which refers to " seditious Scots to crush " is not very friendly but then IMO neither is Flower of Scotland. Personally I loathe the jingoism of national anthems, & goodness knows why the Americans find it necessary to clutch their left nipple at the same time. Perhaps it's an obscure masonic ritual. :wink:

jacomo
10-08-2009, 02:00 PM

I don't see what's wrong with this. The fact is, plenty of people in Bolton will have talked about the trouble at the weekend, when Hibs were in town.

Then they will make the association that Hibs = trouble.

I wasn't in Bolton so don't know what happened, but it sounds as if sections of our support DID cause trouble, regardless of any provocation. Wandering around an English town swedging in the name of some Anglo-Scots rivalry is not the way to get a good reputation.

Removed
10-08-2009, 02:04 PM
There is no decent Rangers fans and if there are any im yet to meet them or hear of them.

My best man is a currant bun and I do know one or two others, so yes they do exist, but a very miniscule percentage imo

Hibs90
10-08-2009, 02:08 PM

I know a few who are pretty decent, although as soon as fitbaw is mentioned. :grr:

CropleyWasGod
10-08-2009, 02:10 PM

I will choose the latter.

Danderhall Hibs
10-08-2009, 02:16 PM
The verse which refers to " seditious Scots to crush " is not very friendly but then IMO neither is Flower of Scotland. Personally I loathe the jingoism of national anthems, & goodness knows why the Americans find it necessary to clutch their left nipple at the same time. Perhaps it's an obscure masonic ritual. :wink:

:greengrin The song I had in mind was more along the lines of **** your Queen.

JohnnyHibby
10-08-2009, 02:23 PM
This chat about Rangers fans reminds me.....

I had a conversation with a Rangers fan last summer which made me realise that some of them are totally bigoted and no matter whats done they will never change.

The Rangers fan lives in Fife and does not go to any games.

The conversation went like this:
Rangers fan: Why do you not like us?
me: well many reasons, like that song you sing being up to your knees in fenian blood for one.
Rangers fan: Whats wrong with that?
Me: What! ok what about the national anthem God save the Queen, you sing that right?......what about the third verse about crushing thy rebellious Scots which is about killing Scots?
Rangers fan: Nothing wrong with that, you have to remember there were no real Scots, Scotland was made up of the Highlands and Lowlands then.
Me: Thanks for that and at that I walked away......

Roll on the Atlantic League and English football........good riddance to them and Celtic (Oh and which English team is gonna give up their place in the Premiership or the lower leagues to them and thus lose millions?)

Mon Dieu4
10-08-2009, 03:51 PM

But strangely enough he did have exceedingly good taste in cakes and bubbles :wink::faf:

Calvin
10-08-2009, 04:01 PM
I don't see what's wrong with this. The fact is, plenty of people in Bolton will have talked about the trouble at the weekend, when Hibs were in town.

Then they will make the association that Hibs = trouble.

I wasn't in Bolton so don't know what happened, but it sounds as if sections of our support DID cause trouble, regardless of any provocation. Wandering around an English town swedging in the name of some Anglo-Scots rivalry is not the way to get a good reputation.

That's all I was trying to say, that unfortunately now for a lot of people that will be the case, just as for most people Rangers = Bigotry although admittedly on a far greater scale. Sorry I touched such a nerve!

And Chuckie, why should everyone accept that we have 'radges' as you put it. It's the acceptance of it that let's it remain there. I'd rather be holier than thou against it that not have too much of a problem with it.

Albanian Hibs
10-08-2009, 04:16 PM

What a lot of pish :bye: Do Man U fans not do this when they are at away games?

Cod Boy
10-08-2009, 04:20 PM

yeah every time they play at old trafford as its a away game for most of them

Sir David Gray
10-08-2009, 05:03 PM

You really think that singing a couple of Scottish songs is more embarrassing than being involved in physical violence?

Anyway, how are those songs racist? :confused:

There were a couple of songs that were sung by the Hibs fans at the pub beforehand that were racist and completely out of order but the Scotland/England stuff is just a bit of light hearted banter as far as I'm concerned.

wee 162
10-08-2009, 05:24 PM
But strangely enough he did have exceedingly good taste in cakes and bubbles :wink::faf:

About the most bizarre thing I've ever witnessed :thumbsup:

LancashireHibby
10-08-2009, 06:06 PM

Not in England, but they do on the Euro aways. And, let's face it, Saturday was as close as we're going to get to a Euro away at Hibs for another year or so :wink:

As for the 'Bolton Huns', I used to regularly wear a Hibs top to the Reebok without any trouble.

Amir Khan is unpopular amongst some Bolton fans (not me, I'm not bothered either way) because he was reputedly a Man United fan until he was 15/16.

hiblander
10-08-2009, 06:24 PM
At a recent Club night in Auckland it was a bring your flag/colours night.

I decided to bring me Saltire and wear my Hibs strip too which most of English were like "don't shout anything you'll get glassed' during my pool comp (which i won incidentally!).

The Irish ioved me, the Welsh flags were'nae bothered but i genuinely got the feeling the rep of the 80s and inparticular Trainspottings Begbie has put Hibs on the football map as a violent club whether us true fans like it or not. :agree: :cool2:

Dashing Bob S
10-08-2009, 06:31 PM

I decided to bring me Saltire and wear my Hibs strip too which most of English were like "don't shout anything you'll get glassed' during my pool comp (which i won incidentally!).

The Irish ioved me, the Welsh flags were'nae bothered but i genuinely got the feeling the rep of the 80s and inparticular Trainspottings Begbie has put Hibs on the football map as a violent club whether us true fans like it or not. :agree: :cool2:

What about Spud putting us on the football map as lovable losers?

Danderhall Hibs
10-08-2009, 06:44 PM
Amir Khan is unpopular amongst some Bolton fans (not me, I'm not bothered either way) because he was reputedly a Man United fan until he was 15/16.

What a glory hunter!

Chuckie
10-08-2009, 06:45 PM

Well said.

No other character from a fictional book has had such an influence on the world since that Jesus gadgie.

Welsh should be brought to task for this.

Some Hibee him eh.

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2009, 06:51 PM
Well said.

No other character from a fictional book has had such an influence on the world since that Jesus gadgie.

Welsh should be brought to task for this.

Some Hibee him eh.

:faf::faf::faf::top marks

darwenhibby
10-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Not in England, but they do on the Euro aways. And, let's face it, Saturday was as close as we're going to get to a Euro away at Hibs for another year or so :wink:

As for the 'Bolton Huns', I used to regularly wear a Hibs top to the Reebok without any trouble.

That Amir Khan is Ok by me:wink::devil: