PDA

View Full Version : Trouble at Bolton.

Pages : 1 [2]

LancashireHibby
10-08-2009, 07:00 PM
What a glory hunter!

A cynic might suggest that he could tap in to more support, and therefore more money, by being portrayed as the "local boy done good" rather than being ranked alongside Eamonn Holmes, Zoe Ball and Edith Bowman.

LancashireHibby
10-08-2009, 07:01 PM
A cynic might suggest that he could tap in to more support, and therefore more money, by being portrayed as the "local boy done good" rather than being ranked alongside Eamonn Holmes, Zoe Ball and Edith Bowman.

Oh, and darwenhibby as well :devil:

hiblander
10-08-2009, 07:04 PM

Thats one hell of a forward line Alan Ball, Matty Holmes and Dave Bowman ! :greengrin

jakki
10-08-2009, 07:07 PM
I had a space in the wheelchair bay with my daugter next to me and the 5 kids in te row behind us. At the end ofthe game, we were taken trackside to another exit as there was fighting behind our exit.

We had to go towards the Bolton fans to get to our known way to the Beehive and
had no problems. When we got to the road, the police had closed the gates as there was fighting in the shopping centre

While we were waiting for the gates to be opened, a man about 50 asked for a square go with my grandson aged 13 accusing him of bloodying his nose. His pal told him that it wasn't the same guy but the auld guy said " he is wearing a
Hibs top", my daughter had my walking stick and threatened him of a cracked skull if he laid a finger on her son.The police had heard all this and
lead the auld man away with his pal apologising to us.

When the gate opened we walked past the enterance to the shopping centre and had a good chat with the Bolton fans going our way.

All teams have mad "supporters" who spoil it for all the decent fans

Dashing Bob S
10-08-2009, 07:09 PM
There was quite a nasty element to the game. It wasn't only so-called 'casuals' who let the side down, a lot of scarfers/replica tops on both sides seemed to be get caught up in this Scotland-England subtext and take the banter too far.

It's a shame that xenophobic guff has to works its way into things.

Danderhall Hibs
10-08-2009, 07:13 PM

And instead he chose to compete with Peter Kay, Paddy McGuiness and Vernon Kay.

LancashireHibby
10-08-2009, 07:19 PM
And instead he chose to compete with Peter Kay, Paddy McGuiness and Vernon Kay.

All respected in their own circles :wink:

Can't knock Vernon Kay, by the way. Was in the De Vere Hotel at the Reebok the day after he got married and he'd put up all his guests in there and he delayed his honeymoon as they all had tickets for the Bolton game that day. Even had a beer with him at Fulham away on a Wednesday night a few years ago :thumbsup:

joejoefaemexico
10-08-2009, 07:43 PM
There was quite a nasty element to the game. It wasn't only so-called 'casuals' who let the side down, a lot of scarfers/replica tops on both sides seemed to be get caught up in this Scotland-England subtext and take the banter too far.

It's a shame that xenophobic guff has to works its way into things.

why is this rivalry between scotland and england considered such a big deal? we dont particulalry like them and they dont particularly like them (ofcourse there are exceptions) but whys it a problem that we feel the need to shout abuseat each other haha

Dashing Bob S
11-08-2009, 09:57 AM
why is this rivalry between scotland and england considered such a big deal? we dont particulalry like them and they dont particularly like them (ofcourse there are exceptions) but whys it a problem that we feel the need to shout abuseat each other haha

Ehm...because when one group of people start dehumanising another bad things happen, like old women in shopping centres pushed to the ground? Or, in extreme cases, people herded up and taken to concentration camps?

Toaods
11-08-2009, 02:39 PM
That Amir Khan is Ok by me:wink::devil:

... although he is more likely to be KO'd these days.

:top marks<-- and you're out.