PDA

View Full Version : CRICKET - Anyone fancy trying it?

PC Stamp
10-08-2009, 12:45 AM
A while back a few of the lads here used to have a regular bat and bowl at the nets at the Scottish Cricket Academy at Mary Erskine's school.

A bit of time has passed since we last did so but I was speaking to Spamheid last week and said I'd post something up to see if anyone might fancy it again? Basically we'll book a midweek evening for a couple of hours. You don't need any kit as it's supplied ... just a hankering to give it a try or if you've played before a wee chance to get a bat and a bowl.

Add your name below if you're interested and we'll see if we can do summat!
Cost IIRC was around £6 per head for a couple of hours, maybe slightly more or slightly less depending on numbers.

--------
10-08-2009, 09:34 AM
A while back a few of the lads here used to have a regular bat and bowl at the nets at the Scottish Cricket Academy at Mary Erskine's school.

A bit of time has passed since we last did so but I was speaking to Spamheid last week and said I'd post something up to see if anyone might fancy it again? Basically we'll book a midweek evening for a couple of hours. You don't need any kit as it's supplied ... just a hankering to give it a try or if you've played before a wee chance to get a bat and a bowl.

Add your name below if you're interested and we'll see if we can do summat!
Cost IIRC was around £6 per head for a couple of hours, maybe slightly more or slightly less depending on numbers.

Much too old, PC, but I'm quite happy to umpire, as long as you don't mind me not wearing my specs. Wouldn't want them damaged. :devil:

DaveF
11-08-2009, 11:54 AM
Where are all the cricketers?

Come on folks, get the arm turned over :agree:

I'll be up for it PC.

Jack
11-08-2009, 01:21 PM
My auld club run training sessions that wont cost you a penny and if you like it / them you could sign up for next year.

http://www.edinburghsouthcc.org/pages/page_1902/PracticeSessions.aspx

Summer training sessions

Head down to our home ground at Inch Park, Edinburgh (directly behind Cameron Toll shopping centre) every wednesday evening from 6pm, April to August, for training. Maybe followed by a pint at a local public house!!

Cost: free (not the pints!!)

BroxburnHibee
11-08-2009, 01:25 PM
Cliff I've never really played it but happy to give it a go.

As long as there's no an age limit :greengrin

Mibbes Aye
11-08-2009, 07:02 PM
I would be up for it :agree:

the_ginger_hibee
12-08-2009, 11:38 AM
I'd be up for it!

Never played but love watching the cricket. :agree:

Calvin
12-08-2009, 11:39 AM
I'd be up for it!

Never played but love watching the cricket. :agree:

Same here!

Randerson_4
12-08-2009, 10:31 PM
Same here!

same

Mikey
13-08-2009, 11:24 AM
Aye. I've still got a pile of kit here.

DaveF
13-08-2009, 08:57 PM
Good stuff folks :thumbsup:

I'll find out a price and we can set a night aside for it.

Mibbes Aye
13-08-2009, 09:03 PM

Just a thought but the only reason I found this thread was because I put the Ashes thread up and was looking at that - usually I'm never in this forum TBH.

If a few more bodies are needed it's maybe worth shifting it to the Dug-out or that :dunno:

lyonhibs
13-08-2009, 10:39 PM
I would be interested in this :agree:

jabis
14-08-2009, 05:17 PM
If you need a crap team to play,my local has a cricket team :greengrin

I'm_cabbaged
16-08-2009, 05:47 PM
Just noticed this thread, I would be well up for it if you had the patience for a novice. :greengrin
Not really got the height for bowling but did get taught cricket a wee bit (many moons ago) at school by Andrew Kerr who played for Scotland. :greengrin

PC Stamp
16-08-2009, 09:33 PM

Nice one Dave and everyone else who has replied in the positive. No age limit and no experience required. I don't think we're looking at forming a team and playing games right now mind!! Just a wee bit exercise and a bit of fun as well.

lyonhibs
16-08-2009, 10:19 PM
Nice one Dave and everyone else who has replied in the positive. No age limit and no experience required. I don't think we're looking at forming a team and playing games right now mind!! Just a wee bit exercise and a bit of fun as well.

Just as well for yourself eh??? :greengrin

Maybe we could arrange the first get together on your 90th birthday?? :cool2:

I went to one of the cricket playing fee-paying schools in Edinburgh (not telling which one though.........), but never actually played, much to my regret (now) as badminton took place at Meadowbank, and proximity to my house and the fact that I was damn good at it won me over!!!