PDA

View Full Version : Foster or Maka?

Hibs Spain
09-08-2009, 06:27 PM
After watching the Charity Shield or whatever it's called and the performance of the Man U goalie,any clear thinking person will appreciate what a find we have in Maka. That Foster guy was like an outfield player stuck in goals. He was fumbling,dropping,getting caught in possession... And the two goals he let in would have been saved by Maka in his sleep :agree:

CalgaryHibs
09-08-2009, 06:29 PM
in his sleep?

wow that i have to see:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
09-08-2009, 06:30 PM
After watching the Charity Shield or whatever it's called and the performance of the Man U goalie,any clear thinking person will appreciate what a find we have in Maka. That Foster guy was like an outfield player stuck in goals. He was fumbling,dropping,getting caught in possession... And the two goals he let in would have been saved by Maka in his sleep :agree:

If/when he has recovers to have a few good games and then drops a clanger we can start to compare the 2.

Hibercelona
09-08-2009, 06:30 PM

Its a thing called dreaming. :wink:

JE89
09-08-2009, 06:31 PM
Foster is 9,000 times better than Maka.

Hibs Spain
09-08-2009, 06:47 PM
Foster is 9,000 times better than Maka.Must be a different Foster than the one playing for Man U today then!

Hibs Spain
09-08-2009, 06:51 PM
If/when he has recovers to have a few good games and then drops a clanger we can start to compare the 2.You'll have to phrase that differently...I don't understand your point :confused:

Haymaker
09-08-2009, 06:54 PM
Foster did seem very nervous today but he is still a top keeper. All players, regardless of position or ability will have an off day... The difference between decent and class is the ability to bounce back quickly.

hibsbollah
09-08-2009, 06:54 PM
I keep expecting Hibs fans to finally realise that Maka is a goalie worth respecting (and certainly keeping as the starter). His great performances have far outweighed his bad ones, but I dont think anything will change certain peoples' minds. He's just the nominated fall guy:yawn:

Hibs Spain
09-08-2009, 06:59 PM
Foster did seem very nervous today but he is still a top keeper. All players, regardless of position or ability will have an off day... The difference between decent and class is the ability to bounce back quickly.I don't see that Maka has had anything to bounce back from. I believe as far as stats go he's in the top two or three in his league?

Haymaker
09-08-2009, 07:05 PM
I don't see that Maka has had anything to bounce back from. I believe as far as stats go he's in the top two or three in his league?

I didnt mention maka and i rate him highly. I merely commented on Foster.

Sean1875
09-08-2009, 07:07 PM
If Foster is worse than Maka then why would Fergie be saying that hes going to be replacing Van Der Saar in a couple of years?

Hibs Spain
09-08-2009, 07:08 PM
I didnt mention maka and i rate him highly. I merely commented on Foster.No,I suppose you didn't.. Glad someone apart from rates him :greengrin

hibsbollah
09-08-2009, 07:08 PM
If Foster is worse than Maka then why would Fergie be saying that hes going to be replacing Van Der Saar in a couple of years?

Man U are in for Maka? Source?:whistle:

Jones28
09-08-2009, 07:11 PM
Foster is 9,000 times better than Maka.

:bitchy::bitchy:

8999 :greengrin:greengrin

Haymaker
09-08-2009, 07:12 PM
No,I suppose you didn't.. Glad someone apart from rates him :greengrin

Maka has alot of potential and great ability but the only thing he lacks is experience which he will only gain by playing the game. I was very happy at how he dominated in the air against Bolton.

heretoday
09-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Expect Man Utd to splash out big on a new goalie soon. Van der Saar is getting on a bit anyway.
I am guessing that Green of West Ham might be the guy.

Hibs Spain
09-08-2009, 07:19 PM
If Foster is worse than Maka then why would Fergie be saying that hes going to be replacing Van Der Saar in a couple of years?A bit of psychological stuff to boost his confidence? Dunno.... The guy I saw today wouldn't get a game for Cowdenbeath :greengrin

zlatan
09-08-2009, 07:21 PM
Now we've gone black we can never go back :agree:

Judas Iscariot
09-08-2009, 07:26 PM

Bring back HKT :agree:

zlatan
09-08-2009, 07:30 PM
Bring back HKT :agree:

This rule only came into fruition the day after he left Hibs:greengrin

hibsbollah
09-08-2009, 07:40 PM

White goalies are so yesterdays news:agree:

JE89
09-08-2009, 07:45 PM
Must be a different Foster than the one playing for Man U today then!

Every player has an off day :rolleyes: However I was referring to this Foster (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/league_cup/7905889.stm) :wink:

Giggs missed a penalty for Man U today, does this instantly make Kalou a better player for scoring his? :confused:

Disc O'Dave
09-08-2009, 07:45 PM

Unless he's called Stack....
Wiggedy Wiggedy Wiggedy Whack

:duck:

GlesgaeHibby
09-08-2009, 07:55 PM

If Maka was as good as you constantly harp on about why isn't he playing for a top team in Serie A/Premiership/La Liga?

The vast majority of Hibs fans when given the choice of Foster over Maka would pick Foster.

I do agree however that Maka was very solid on saturday and long may it continue.

Danderhall Hibs
09-08-2009, 08:19 PM
You'll have to phrase that differently...I don't understand your point :confused:

Ok. Foster made a mistake. Maka has made countless mistakes but had a few of decent games in between the bad ones.

When Foster starts consistently dropping clangers we can compare the 2 - until then Foster is better than Maka.

Danderhall Hibs
09-08-2009, 08:20 PM
If Maka was as good as you constantly harp on about why isn't he playing for a top team in Serie A/Premiership/La Liga?

The vast majority of Hibs fans when given the choice of Foster over Maka would pick Foster.

I do agree however that Maka was very solid on saturday and long may it continue.

It was said on a thread earlier that he'll likely sign for a "decent European side" when his contract's up at the end of the season.

Hibs Spain
09-08-2009, 08:37 PM
Ok. Foster made a mistake. Maka has made countless mistakes but had a few of decent games in between the bad ones.

When Foster starts consistently dropping clangers we can compare the 2 - until then Foster is better than Maka.Foster did almost nothing BUT make mistakes.. You'll have to remind me of the countless mistakes Maka has made because i can't think of any that deserve any out of the ordinary critisism and I go almost every game.I think stats are a reasonable way of gauging a goalie's performance don't you?

Danderhall Hibs
09-08-2009, 08:40 PM
Foster did almost nothing BUT make mistakes.. You'll have to remind me of the countless mistakes Maka has made because i can't think of any that deserve any out of the ordinary critisism and I go almost every game.I think stats are a reasonable way of gauging a goalie's performance don't you?

The most recent one was in our last competitive game. You're obviously choosing to blank them out, must be your way of dealing with it?

I think he's too tall. :wink:

JE89
09-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Foster did almost nothing BUT make mistakes.. You'll have to remind me of the countless mistakes Maka has made because i can't think of any that deserve any out of the ordinary critisism and I go almost every game.I think stats are a reasonable way of gauging a goalie's performance don't you?

Foster was up against Drogba, Anelka and Lampard. Maka plays against Nade and the like. You really can't be serious when comparing the two?

Hibs Spain
09-08-2009, 08:56 PM
The most recent one was in our last competitive game. You're obviously choosing to blank them out, must be your way of dealing with it?

I think he's too tall. :wink:He dropped a cross.. He recovered the ball ...How many top flight goalies don't do that? OOOH you're referring to the Aberdeen thing.. He did it deliberately! 101 out of a 100 refs would have given a foul. Obviously technically a mistake though. Even factoring in something like that his stats are as good as almost anyone elses.

Hibs Spain
09-08-2009, 08:57 PM
Foster was up against Drogba, Anelka and Lampard. Maka plays against Nade and the like. You really can't be serious when comparing the two?You obviously didn't watch the game.

Danderhall Hibs
09-08-2009, 09:02 PM
He dropped a cross.. He recovered the ball ...How many top flight goalies don't do that? OOOH you're referring to the Aberdeen thing.. He did it deliberately! 101 out of a 100 refs would have given a foul. Obviously technically a mistake though. Even factoring in something like that his stats are as good as almost anyone elses.

:hilarious A wee while ago you couldn't remember any mistakes but now you've just mentioned 2!

sauzee_4
09-08-2009, 09:27 PM
He dropped a cross.. He recovered the ball ...How many top flight goalies don't do that? OOOH you're referring to the Aberdeen thing.. He did it deliberately! 101 out of a 100 refs would have given a foul. Obviously technically a mistake though. Even factoring in something like that his stats are as good as almost anyone elses.

May I ask what stats you're reffering to?

I think you're kidding on if you can't remember many mistakes. He makes far too many. In the game yesterday he took a goal kick and decided to punt it into the stand half way inside our own half:confused:. He also dropped a couple of crosses almost resulting in a goal, the Aberdeen thing was stupid. Why kick it off the guy anyway??

I've lost count of the number of times he's made an @ss of himself but 2 off the top of my head are the Aberdeen game at Easter Road (07/08?) where he made 2 blunders in the same game, fortunately we got back in it and drew 3-3, the other one is the derby game where he virtually threw the ball in his own net at Tynecastle an the Hearts fans started singin his name

Hibs Spain
09-08-2009, 09:39 PM
:hilarious A wee while ago you couldn't remember any mistakes but now you've just mentioned 2!I think I said ..That didn't deserve any out of the ordinary critisism.. ?

Hibs Spain
09-08-2009, 09:40 PM
May I ask what stats you're reffering to?

I think you're kidding on if you can't remember many mistakes. He makes far too many. In the game yesterday he took a goal kick and decided to punt it into the stand half way inside our own half:confused:. He also dropped a couple of crosses almost resulting in a goal, the Aberdeen thing was stupid. Why kick it off the guy anyway??

I've lost count of the number of times he's made an @ss of himself but 2 off the top of my head are the Aberdeen game at Easter Road (07/08?) where he made 2 blunders in the same game, fortunately we got back in it and drew 3-3, the other one is the derby game where he virtually threw the ball in his own net at Tynecastle an the Hearts fans started singin his nameShut outs.

TrinityHibs
09-08-2009, 09:50 PM
[QUOTE=sauzee_4;2124466]May I ask what stats you're reffering to?

I've lost count of the number of times he's made an @ss of himself but 2 off the top of my head are the Aberdeen game at Easter Road (07/08?) where he made 2 blunders in the same game, fortunately we got back in it and drew 3-3, the other one is the derby game where he virtually threw the ball in his own net at Tynecastle an the Hearts fans started singin his name[/QUOT

Not posted for a while but Jeez we now complain because Maka drops balls that almost result in goals. The laddie isnt perfect but there again he's on scratch grand a week. Lets just sign the Chelsea boy with the hat, pay him as much as the rest of the team put together and ignore the mistakes he makes :grr:

zlatan
09-08-2009, 10:04 PM
Zibi and Simon Brown really have scrambled our mentality on goalkeepers.

For every mistake Maka has made for us since his arrival there has been a game where he's had a great peformance.

Cech and Casillas are considered the best in the world and they have made a collection of total howlers in the past 12 months alone whereas Valdes of Barcelona had an almost flawless past 12 months but is never listed amongst the best, mud sticks badly with goalkeepers it seems.

We're the only set of fans who in post-match discussions can say the keeper had a great game but then say he'll probably have a howler in the next game though.

Septimus
10-08-2009, 06:56 AM
Am I right in thinking that a certain Mr. James Leighton lost his place in the MU team after a mistake in a cup final? We untimately benefitted big time from that mistake. Problem with Maka is not that he makes the occasional mistake which is the lot of every goalkeeper. It is that he does not have a safe pair of hands, appears to lack positional sense and his distribution of the ball is woeful. Hopefully Stack will put pressure on him to right these things and that he will go on to be a Hibs legend but somehow I doubt it. Of course we could look at it from another point of view. If he was any good he would have been sold by now.

Danderhall Hibs
10-08-2009, 09:04 AM
I think I said ..That didn't deserve any out of the ordinary critisism.. ?

You did but you were wrong - a goalie kicking a ball against a striker to let him score is definitely out of the ordinary.

Danderhall Hibs
10-08-2009, 09:05 AM
We're the only set of fans who in post-match discussions can say the keeper had a great game but then say he'll probably have a howler in the next game though.

Maka's track record suggests that though.

Cod Boy
10-08-2009, 10:12 AM
maka looks good at times
other times he looks like he has had a few fosters the night before a game

Speedway
10-08-2009, 10:42 AM
Has Foster ever jumped for a nothing ball that the CH was dealing with, only to have it drop right through his arms, bounce under him and go in?

Has Foster ever blootered a kick out against someone's erchie and the ball cannoned into our goal?

Does Foster get stuck behind a player at a corner or set piece 2-3 times per match allowing the ball to drift into the six yard box unclaimed?

Does Foster run into his own CH and allow the opposition forward an empty net to shoot at, which they score from?

Does Foster drop the ball from a cross and lose control of it 1-2 times per game?

Just wondering likes.

basehibby
10-08-2009, 10:54 AM
Didn't see the charity match so can't comment on this Foster gadge - but it should at least demonstrate to some of Maka's critics that even goalies rated by one of the world's top managers - young goalies in particular - are liable to make the odd gaffe.

I think this is a big season for Maka - he's got a good bit of first team action under his belt and is now the man in possession with a good and more experienced keeper in Stack breathing down his neck.

It will be up to Maka to improve his concentration and thus cut out the daft errors to claim the jersey as his own. I for one think he has the potential to be a top performer and international - hopefully this season he'll prove me right.

Dashing Bob S
10-08-2009, 10:57 AM
Foster is garbage.

hibsbollah
10-08-2009, 11:15 AM
Foster is garbage.

:agree:White guys can't jump.

Newhaven
10-08-2009, 11:19 AM
It will be up to Maka to improve his concentration and thus cut out the daft errors to claim the jersey as his own. I for one think he has the potential to be a top performer and international - hopefully this season he'll prove me right.

Glad that Stack is in to give a challenge to the number 1 jersey but in the 5 pre-season games that I've seen Maka in he has shown improvement from the one that ended the 08-09 season.

Hopefully new coach Scott Thomson will get more from him and he keeps this form up into the new season.

Danderhall Hibs
10-08-2009, 11:22 AM
Glad that Stack is in to give a challenge to the number 1 jersey but in the 5 pre-season games that I've seen Maka in he has shown improvement from the one that ended the 08-09 season.

Hopefully new coach Scott Thomson will get more from him and he keeps this form up into the new season.

To be fair it couldn't have got much worse than gifting a goal by kicking the ball right into Lee Miller!

Newhaven
10-08-2009, 11:25 AM
To be fair it couldn't have got much worse than gifting a goal by kicking the ball right into Lee Miller!

But it was a one off though :cool2:

sauzee_4
10-08-2009, 11:25 AM
Nobody's saying top goalies don't make mistakes!

People are saying Maka makes too many. As someone said, dropping the ball 2 or 3 times per game is not what the top goalies do.

As for the Shut-out stats being good, that's down to the team rather than just the goalie.

Saying that, his performances lately have been good, though still making the odd crazy error

Danderhall Hibs
10-08-2009, 11:29 AM
But it was a one off though :cool2:

Correct, before that clanger he was playing as well as he has in pre-season games - clean sheet at Tiny etc. As I've said his problem is the clangers he slips in after a few good games. I expect the new coach will be working on concentration techniques so the clangers stop.

If not I'd bin him (the keeper) after the next one and I'll start a sack the goalie coach thread. :greengrin

Newhaven
10-08-2009, 11:39 AM
If not I'd bin him (the keeper) after the next one and I'll start a sack the goalie coach thread. :greengrin

:greengrin

There are 4-5 other posters who will be racing to start that one up :agree:

sesoim
10-08-2009, 02:09 PM
I can't believe how downright thick some fans are here. Maka is a complete liablity. Even when he isn't making glaring errors, he is doing silly things in every game. His positioning is a joke at times, and I have lost count of the amount of goals he has let in that are within a foot or two of his body and very saveable.

The idea of us going into the new season with him in goal again is a disgrace and reflects how badly neglected the playing side of this club is now.

sesoim
10-08-2009, 02:11 PM
:agree:White guys can't jump.

At least they are more reliable, though.

Regina Phalange
10-08-2009, 02:19 PM
I can't believe how downright thick some fans are here. Maka is a complete liablity. Even when he isn't making glaring errors, he is doing silly things in every game. His positioning is a joke at times, and I have lost count of the amount of goals he has let in that are within a foot or two of his body and very saveable.

The idea of us going into the new season with him in goal again is a disgrace and reflects how badly neglected the playing side of this club is now.

Strange, after reading your post suddenly your opening line resonated with me in a new way.

Danderhall Hibs
10-08-2009, 02:21 PM
Strange, after reading your post suddenly your opening line resonated with me in a new way.

Thick’s the wrong word. He should have said blinkered.

Speedway
10-08-2009, 02:30 PM
Thick’s the wrong word. He should have said blinkered.

Blinkered's the wrong word. He should have said ******ed.

Hibs Spain
10-08-2009, 03:13 PM
You did but you were wrong - a goalie kicking a ball against a striker to let him score is definitely out of the ordinary.What was out of the ordinary was the fact that the ref didn't give a free kick.

Hibs90
10-08-2009, 03:38 PM
Foster aint the best goalie in the world...
Maka hands down for me each time.

The guys got it all, the skill (as shown by him skinning opposition strikers regulary in his own box), the personality, the ability to make any save look like it is outstanding...just class.

Maka will be a top top goalkeeper in the years to come. I just dont think we will be able to hold onto him, I bet he ends up back as Chelsea's number 1 by the time he is 30.

:thumbsup:

Danderhall Hibs
10-08-2009, 05:08 PM
What was out of the ordinary was the fact that the ref didn't give a free kick.

So in his frustration he thought he'd gift them a goal? Just to prove the ref how wrong he'd got it? :hilarious

hibsbollah
10-08-2009, 05:08 PM
At least they are more reliable, though.

Reliably pish:bye:

Im starting a 'why dont white men make good keepers' poll.

Disc O'Dave
10-08-2009, 05:19 PM
So in his frustration he thought he'd gift them a goal? Just to prove the ref how wrong he'd got it? :hilarious

Er....I think Hibs Spain is implying that the free kick should have been given after the ball came off the forward, as he was clearly obstructing the kick.

In other words, the decision that would have been given 99 times out of 100.

Danderhall Hibs
10-08-2009, 05:27 PM
Er....I think Hibs Spain is implying that the free kick should have been given after the ball came off the forward, as he was clearly obstructing the kick.

In other words, the decision that would have been given 99 times out of 100.

You really believe that? I think he made an arse off it. Miller was there but he could have easily got the ball away without it ending up in his own net.

wee 162
10-08-2009, 05:37 PM
You really believe that? I think he made an arse off it. Miller was there but he could have easily got the ball away without it ending up in his own net.

But it's obstruction and referees always give it. Except that one time. Should he have leathered the ball against him? Well obviously not. But the fact is that I've never once seen that given.

Most famous one. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D8IW_3_6D8)

Disc O'Dave
10-08-2009, 05:40 PM

I think Maka was pi$$ed off with Miller for moving to block his path, so deliberately fired the ball into him safe in the knowledge Miller would be penalised for blocking the clearance.

The ref then decided to exercise poor judgement. That's all.

I did like your "Arse OFF it" pun though :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
10-08-2009, 05:42 PM
But it's obstruction and referees always give it. Except that one time. Should he have leathered the ball against him? Well obviously not. But the fact is that I've never once seen that given.

Most famous one. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D8IW_3_6D8)

The George Best one and the Riordan one at Tiny are different though - they stuck their leg up to try and win the ball - Miller just turned his back on Maka and waited on him punting it against him.

wee 162
10-08-2009, 06:13 PM
The George Best one and the Riordan one at Tiny are different though - they stuck their leg up to try and win the ball - Miller just turned his back on Maka and waited on him punting it against him.

Same rule though. You can't impede the keeper when they are kicking the ball out. That includes standing directly where they are going to be kicking it from. Miller was standing less than a yard from him when he kicked it. It's obstruction and the ref should have given a foul for it. And if he had, perhaps people would more remember a great penalty save from the big fellae that day instead of what was just a bizarre goal in a meaningless (for us) end of season game.

Hibs Spain
10-08-2009, 06:26 PM

In other words, the decision that would have been given 99 times out of 100.Well thank you!

Hibs Spain
10-08-2009, 06:31 PM
You really believe that? I think he made an arse off it. Miller was there but he could have easily got the ball away without it ending up in his own net.Yeh..Could have thrown the ball out.. Could have kept shuffling about to get a better chance of not hitting Miller but that ref would have done him for five second rule :agree:

hiblander
10-08-2009, 06:51 PM
Was it not David Seaman who used to sleep with the Ball at night ???

Maybe if Ma-Ka tried this practice he'd have a safer pair of hands.

Honestly though a lot of comments here are over-rated will Hibs fans ever be 100% comfortable with there keeper after Leighton/Goram days? I doubt it, but I'm 100% comfortable with the Orangutan (no racisms meant) for the coming season he's a class act and better than previous years.

:bye:.

Hibs Spain
10-08-2009, 07:06 PM
Same rule though. You can't impede the keeper when they are kicking the ball out. That includes standing directly where they are going to be kicking it from. Miller was standing less than a yard from him when he kicked it. It's obstruction and the ref should have given a foul for it. And if he had, perhaps people would more remember a great penalty save from the big fellae that day instead of what was just a bizarre goal in a meaningless (for us) end of season game.Exactly .. Danderhall's a wee bit iffy when it comes down to some of the fundamentals regarding rules :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
10-08-2009, 07:15 PM
Exactly .. Danderhall's a wee bit iffy when it comes down to some of the fundamentals regarding rules :greengrin

:tee hee: Maybe I should be a referee?

I agreed with the ref that Miller didn't do much wrong and I've seen strikers do it before hundreds of times.

Hibs Spain
10-08-2009, 07:21 PM
:tee hee: Maybe I should be a referee?

I agreed with the ref that Miller didn't do much wrong and I've seen strikers do it before hundreds of times.Well,there you go. Obstructing a goalie who's trying to punt the ball is no longer an offence. We'll have to keep up with the rule changes a more carefully....

Danderhall Hibs
10-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Well,there you go. Obstructing a goalie who's trying to punt the ball is no longer an offence. We'll have to keep up with the rule changes a more carefully....

I don't think standing within a couple of yards of anyone is classed as obstruction. Whether that's a rule change or not I don't know.

Hibs Spain
10-08-2009, 07:55 PM
I don't think standing within a couple of yards of anyone is classed as obstruction. Whether that's a rule change or not I don't know.It is in the goalie trying to punt the ball scenario...When they're standing so close as to prevent the goalie from kicking the ball freely... Now i'll supply the towel as long as you promise to throw it in :greengrin

hibsbollah
10-08-2009, 08:02 PM
:yawn:
http://asktheref.com/
:wink:

Danderhall Hibs
11-08-2009, 06:41 AM
It is in the goalie trying to punt the ball scenario...When they're standing so close as to prevent the goalie from kicking the ball freely... Now i'll supply the towel as long as you promise to throw it in :greengrin

You've answered your own point - he was able to kick the ball freely - the problem was he couldn't kick it to where he aimed it.

wee 162
11-08-2009, 07:07 PM
You've answered your own point - he was able to kick the ball freely - the problem was he couldn't kick it to where he aimed it.

Seriously. Have you actually watched what happened? He's less than a yard away from him and has went towards him before turning his back just as the ball is kicked. If you don't think that's obstruction, then what exactly does qualify?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDJagu72hVE&feature=related

Danderhall Hibs
11-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Seriously. Have you actually watched what happened? He's less than a yard away from him and has went towards him before turning his back just as the ball is kicked. If you don't think that's obstruction, then what exactly does?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDJagu72hVE&feature=related

FFS - he never looked at him, stuck his leg out, nothing. If you think that's obstruction I think you're a basketball fan!

We've strayed slightly anyway - that howler isn't the (only) reason that I have my doubts about him.

wee 162
11-08-2009, 07:22 PM
FFS - he never looked at him, stuck his leg out, nothing. If you think that's obstruction I think you're a basketball fan!

We've strayed slightly anyway - that howler isn't the (only) reason that I have my doubts about him.

Good grief. So he didn't take a few steps to the side to exactly where he was about to kick it from then?

Danderhall Hibs
11-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Good grief. So he didn't take a few steps to the side to exactly where he was about to kick it from then?

We're just going to have to disagree here mate. All I can see is a goalie kicking the ball off a strikers back when he could have got rid a lot easier, you can see a lot more.

Hibs Spain
11-08-2009, 08:02 PM
We're just going to have to disagree here mate. All I can see is a goalie kicking the ball off a strikers back when he could have got rid a lot easier, you can see a lot more.Yeh,he sees a guy taking a couple of steps towards the goalie to prevent him getting a clear kick! ....... I'm sure Millar wouldn't have turned his back if he didn't think he was going to get hit! Why on earth would a guy turn his back when he's sure he's not in the way of a bullet from two yards? You're not getting another towel :greengrin

Pacos Pal
12-08-2009, 09:39 AM
Has Foster ever jumped for a nothing ball that the CH was dealing with, only to have it drop right through his arms, bounce under him and go in?

Has Foster ever blootered a kick out against someone's erchie and the ball cannoned into our goal?

Does Foster get stuck behind a player at a corner or set piece 2-3 times per match allowing the ball to drift into the six yard box unclaimed?

Does Foster run into his own CH and allow the opposition forward an empty net to shoot at, which they score from?

Does Foster drop the ball from a cross and lose control of it 1-2 times per game?

Just wondering likes.

No

No

No

No

and No

But has Maka ever been lobbed from near enough the other teams box by Paul Robinson?:wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDagdgExtDg&feature=PlayList&p=3E42EB34FCB53A28&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=7

JE89
15-08-2009, 02:54 PM
:hmmm:

:wink: