PDA

View Full Version : refferee's inconsistancy.

blackpoolhibs
09-08-2009, 04:09 PM
Kalou (sp) just scored the winning goal in the penalty shoot out, takes his shirt off but no booking. Why is it an automatic booking during a game, but not after a penalty shoot out? Stupid bloody rule anyway.:confused:

--------
09-08-2009, 04:13 PM
Kalou (sp) just scored the winning goal in the penalty shoot out, takes his shirt off but no booking. Why is it an automatic booking during a game, but not after a penalty shoot out? Stupid bloody rule anyway.:confused:

Because the game's over? :cool2:

JE89
09-08-2009, 04:16 PM

I think the rule was introduced after Diego Forlan took over a minute and a half to retrieve his shirt and get it back on after scoring a (very rare :wink:) goal for Man Utd. This held up kick off so as Kalou took the penalty that ended the game, no kick off was needed therefore he wasn't holding up the match.

blackpoolhibs
09-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Because the game's over? :cool2:

But he ran towards the united fans taking his top off. Is this not provocative behaviour, or whatever they are calling it these days? I'm pretty sure players have been sent off and booked after the final whistle before doddie,:wink: so it cant be that reason.:confused:

Wotherspiniesta
09-08-2009, 04:19 PM
The referee was terribly biased today.But the officials in the game with Ipswich today got just about every decision wrong. One boy tripped over his own feet with nobody within 5 yards of him and the linesman flagged for a free kick, the ref just agreed. Probably one of the worst decisions ever made.:faf:

--------
09-08-2009, 04:39 PM
But he ran towards the united fans taking his top off. Is this not provocative behaviour, or whatever they are calling it these days? I'm pretty sure players have been sent off and booked after the final whistle before doddie,:wink: so it cant be that reason.:confused:

Hmm. That's different.

I thought it might just have been because being the Community Shield or whatever they call it nowadays the referee was just being a bit lenient.

But scoring the winner and immediately heading for the opposition fans is stupid to say the least - though I seem to remember one of our strikers doing just that after scoring a certain penalty last season, leading to the (non)appearance of Casper the Substitute Ghost and the discomfiture of a couple of terminally-braindead Jambo twonks....

Casper's mate at least had the sense to keep his top on, mind.