PDA

View Full Version : Sol Bamba.

blackpoolhibs
09-08-2009, 03:17 PM
Enjoy him while we can, as he will play in the premiership soon. Very strong, big, athletic and can play. He would fit in nicely for teams like Blackburn and Bolton.

Danderhall Hibs
09-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Enjoy him while we can, as he will play in the premiership soon. Very strong, big, athletic and can play. He would fit in nicely for teams like Blackburn and Bolton.

If he is it'll not be at centre-half.

sauzee
09-08-2009, 03:27 PM

are you pished ! wouldn't last half a season

blackpoolhibs
09-08-2009, 03:28 PM
If he is it'll not be at centre-half.

I used to think that, but not anymore. I still think he should play in midfield for us though, and think he could play for most clubs in the EPL, maybe wenger might take a chance on him?:wink:

forthhibby
09-08-2009, 03:31 PM
i thought in the 2 games this week, he was the only hibs player who didn't look out his depth

blackpoolhibs
09-08-2009, 03:34 PM
i thought in the 2 games this week, he was the only hibs player who didn't look out his depth

:agree: Held the defence together, against 2 big strong centre forwards. Jason Roberts is still in his back pocket now. He is just the type of player they want in the EPL.

Hibs90
09-08-2009, 03:50 PM

Are you pished? :jamboak:

sahib
09-08-2009, 04:10 PM
Simplistic rules for evaluating Hibs players:

Equation 1.

Big + Black = Bombscare.
Derived by extrapolating from Konte's worst ever game.

Equation 2.

(Average height) + or - 0.001% = Dwarf

--------
09-08-2009, 04:19 PM

Last year I might have asked you the same question as sauzee did.

But last night I watched Sheldon Martis playing for WBA in the Championship, and not looking too out of place.

I'd say that Sol is a lot better at most things he does than SM will ever be.

So you may very well be right.

So, at the risk of starting us all off on the same old mery-go-round yet again - do we flog him off quick and get some cash, or keep him until the end of the season, and let him go for nothing?

blackpoolhibs
09-08-2009, 04:24 PM

But last night I watched Sheldon Martis playing for WBA in the Championship, and not looking too out of place.

So, at the risk of starting us all off on the same old mery-go-round yet again - do we flog him off quick and get some cash, or keep him until the end of the season, and let him go for nothing?

Its is something we need to think about eh.:wink:

zlatan
09-08-2009, 04:25 PM

He has 2 years left.

We keep him, give him a one year extension and tell him if he has a good season and World Cup with Ivory Coast then he can go to any of the clubs that will be lining up for him.

hibeeleicester
09-08-2009, 04:26 PM
your so ****ing negative :grr:

blackpoolhibs
09-08-2009, 04:28 PM
your so ****ing negative :grr:

:faf::faf: Point me in the direction of the negativity please.:confused:

--------
09-08-2009, 04:30 PM
He has 2 years left.

We keep him, give him a one year extension and tell him if he has a good season and World Cup with Ivory Coast then he can go to any of the clubs that will be lining up for him.

Right - so he has two years left. I thought his contract ended next June.

In that case, I second zlatan's cunning plan. :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
09-08-2009, 04:34 PM

Yes, the lower half of the premiership is indeed a high-class, skills-laden league.

That 12mill signing for Blackburn was a bargain.

Why not try an overinflated and overpriced load of crap where drones can subscribe to sattelitte telly to stave off the day where the whole stinking edifice crumbles to dust?

--------
09-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Yes, the lower half of the premiership is indeed a high-class, skills-laden league.

That 12mill signing for Blackburn was a bargain.

Why not try an overinflated and overpriced load of crap where drones can subscribe to sattelitte telly to stave off the day where the whole stinking edifice crumbles to dust?

Jings! You're in a good mood this afternoon, Bob. :rolleyes:

Cool_Hand_Luke
09-08-2009, 05:06 PM

:agree:
Has all the attributes to be a decent premier league player.

We should be getting him on a 5 year contract now so when the inevitable happens we can make the most out it :agree:

RoYO!
09-08-2009, 05:58 PM
Has all the attributes to be a decent premier league player.

We should be getting him on a 5 year contract now so when the inevitable happens we can make the most out it :agree:

i'm sure the board will have this in mind, they've done well in recent years in terms of getting decent money for players.

Pedantic_Hibee
09-08-2009, 07:04 PM
I've championed this big fella for a long, long time. As a midfield destroyer, I think he is absolutely outstanding :top marks

Even at centre back yesterday he showed a lot of composure and dominated Kevin Davies in the air which is no mean feat in itself.

If you ain't got no love for the Sol Man, you ain't got no love in your body.

Hibs Spain
09-08-2009, 07:12 PM
Enjoy him while we can, as he will play in the premiership soon. Very strong, big, athletic and can play. He would fit in nicely for teams like Blackburn and Bolton.Nothing surer. I've been away for a month or so and only had access to English press and various reports had him gone bar the shouting :agree:

fife hfc
09-08-2009, 07:15 PM
Bamba was excellent yesterday, even after a shocking tackle by Davies:grr:
He showed me yesterday that he can play centre half as was solid. he just needs to iron out the odd lapse in concentration (like Preston) and he could be a superb player.

brownlies bits
09-08-2009, 07:34 PM
Hi folks first post here
Would say Bamba about English championship material but not at centre half hes a big honest player that we need in midfield, dare i say it ,in the Matty Jack role. I hope Petrie and Yogi get there heads together and get the guy on a decent contract.

forthhibby
09-08-2009, 07:41 PM
i'm sure sol said in an interview his favoured position was centre half, but he would play whereever asked.

brownlies bits
09-08-2009, 08:10 PM
Just that hes prone to a wee mistake, in midfield you can get away with that most of the time, but at centre half you dont i.e. P.N.E. game

mentalhibee
09-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Bamba's a class act, hopefully he goes on to have another great season. Im pretty happy with him at centre half, people who say he's a bomb scare dont no much about football and just listen to the media. I reckon the big man will grace the premiership 1 day.

snooky
09-08-2009, 10:17 PM
...and the Daily ****** headline will be "Sol-d Bamba"

Tha Cabbage Kid
10-08-2009, 09:35 AM
If martis can....................

Sol can!!!!!!!!

brog
10-08-2009, 10:07 AM
I thought Sol was superb against Bolton. If he had been playing for Bolton on Saturday we would not have been surprised if he had been a £5million signing from a French club. He can only learn & develop further by playing internationally alongside Toure, Drogba etc. I think BH is right, did I really say that :wink:, but hopefully we'll get another year or 2 out of him & make a handsome profit.
PS, probably best thing Mixu eve did in his tenure & no one saw that signing coming.

basehibby
10-08-2009, 11:06 AM

:agree: - hopefully not too soon but there's been some interest already if rumours were correct. He's big and athletic - which seems like a pre-requisite for EPL players these days - in addition to which he's proved himself to be a pretty good fitba player in his time so far with Hibs. I'd certainly like to see him sign an extension to his contract.

(There will now follow some smilies for the benefit of my daughter Ellie)

:duck::hnet::jamboak::confused::grr::blah::dummyti t::bitchy::boo hoo:

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2009, 01:50 PM
:agree: - hopefully not too soon but there's been some interest already if rumours were correct. He's big and athletic - which seems like a pre-requisite for EPL players these days - in addition to which he's proved himself to be a pretty good fitba player in his time so far with Hibs. I'd certainly like to see him sign an extension to his contract.

(There will now follow some smilies for the benefit of my daughter Ellie)

:duck::hnet::jamboak::confused::grr::blah::dummyti t::bitchy::boo hoo:

I have heard about the Cardiff rumour, but dont know if there is any substance in that. Personally i feel he could do better.

hibbie02
10-08-2009, 03:14 PM
I have heard about the Cardiff rumour, but dont know if there is any substance in that. Personally i feel he could do better.

My 20p is on him going to Arsenal................:cool2:
And it's no often I wager that much!!! :greengrin

Piri-Piri, before you ask!

GreenBlade
10-08-2009, 03:45 PM
Will you guys give it a rest!!

Were a week away from kick-off and your debating who's next to go for **** sake :grr:

hibeeleicester
10-08-2009, 03:57 PM

Were a week away from kick-off and your debating who's next to go for **** sake :grr:

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2009, 04:28 PM

He will leave, hopefully with a big wad coming our way in its place. Sorry for discussing something about a hibs player, maybe i should bury my head next to you?

GreenBlade
10-08-2009, 04:46 PM
He will leave, hopefully with a big wad coming our way in its place. Sorry for discussing something about a hibs player, maybe i should bury my head next to you?

Blackpool, Ive been reading your posts for a very long time now (years!) Can you please, just for this week, be a wee bit more POSITIVE!
:xsmilesign

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2009, 04:58 PM
Blackpool, Ive been reading your posts for a very long time now (years!) Can you please, just for this week, be a wee bit more POSITIVE!

Nah.

Jack
10-08-2009, 05:05 PM

With all due respect the full moon was last week :faf: