PDA

View Full Version : Match ratings vs Bolton

frazeHFC
08-08-2009, 05:20 PM
Well i wasn't there, but anyone that saw it on tele or was there, what did you make of each performance?

Hibstrooper
08-08-2009, 06:06 PM
This is how I would call it...

Maka 7 - Did what was asked, couple of good saves but did drop the ball once

DVZ 6 - Solid if unspectacular
Hogg 6 - As DVZ
Bamba 8 - Was the main defender getting to the ball and making the clearances. MOM for me
Murray 7 - Probably the best attacking full back we have

McBride 7 - Always dropping deep looking for the ball
Cregg, Rankin, Stevenson 6.5 - All pretty tidy however no penetration and didn't offer much going forward

Riordan 6 - Not one of his best games but not much supply however when he did get he tended to lose it
Nish 6.5 - Not much service but looked a bit more mobile than he was against Preston

Subs:
McCann 6 - Solid like DVZ however also like DVZ he is not an attacking full back. Got on the ball once in the box however his pass to Riordan was slightly behind him so Deeks couldn't get a first time shot off
Wotherspoon 7 - We seemed much more dangerous with him on. Best chance of the game and did well to get himself in that position
Thicot (or Thigh-cot as the guy doing the commentary was calling him) & Currie - didn't really see enough of them to judge

Overall performance was encouraging. Kept the ball well against good opposition but still look a bit toothless at the moment, especially without Zemmama, however hopefully that will come as they get used to the new system.

Nakedmanoncrack
08-08-2009, 07:00 PM
Having just watched it on TV, I thought big Callum had one of his better games.

ozzie
08-08-2009, 07:57 PM
oohh that comentator was really starting to grate on me with his callum bye :brickwall:brickwall:brickwall

Long suffering
08-08-2009, 08:12 PM
oohh that comentator was really starting to grate on me with his callum bye :brickwall:brickwall:brickwall

whos callum?

ozzie
08-08-2009, 08:23 PM
our new goal keeper :wink:

Long suffering
08-08-2009, 08:27 PM
our new goal keeper :wink:

Are you saying Graham Stack was Callum Stack?

Darth Hibbie
08-08-2009, 08:29 PM

He is talking about our new keeper Callum Bye :greengrin

shamo9
08-08-2009, 08:29 PM

It was the commentator mispronouncing Maka's name. Constantly. I enjoyed his version of Thicot as well.

Long suffering
08-08-2009, 08:32 PM
It was the commentator mispronouncing Maka's name. Constantly. I enjoyed his version of Thicot as well.

Orite: Thats quite amusing:faf:

Hibeescott
08-08-2009, 08:43 PM
This is how I would call it...

Maka 7 - Did what was asked, couple of good saves but did drop the ball once

DVZ 6 - Solid if unspectacular
Hogg 6 - As DVZ
Bamba 8 - Was the main defender getting to the ball and making the clearances. MOM for me
Murray 7 - Probably the best attacking full back we have

McBride 7 - Always dropping deep looking for the ball
Cregg, Rankin, Stevenson 6.5 - All pretty tidy however no penetration and didn't offer much going forward

Riordan 6 - Not one of his best games but not much supply however when he did get he tended to lose it
Nish 6.5 - Not much service but looked a bit more mobile than he was against Preston

Subs:
McCann 6 - Solid like DVZ however also like DVZ he is not an attacking full back. Got on the ball once in the box however his pass to Riordan was slightly behind him so Deeks couldn't get a first time shot off
Wotherspoon 7 - We seemed much more dangerous with him on. Best chance of the game and did well to get himself in that position
Thicot (or Thigh-cot as the guy doing the commentary was calling him) & Currie - didn't really see enough of them to judge

Overall performance was encouraging. Kept the ball well against good opposition but still look a bit toothless at the moment, especially without Zemmama, however hopefully that will come as they get used to the new system.

just back from the game myself. while I agree with most of the ratings, I don't with hoggs. If your giving bamba an 8 hogg deserves the same. anybody who questions his ability to play against physical strikers needs to look at todays game. he was up against 2 of the strongest strikers in the premiership in elmander and davies and more than held his own!

10/10 for the hibs support today.

Juice-Terry
08-08-2009, 08:49 PM
From a 'streaming' perspective, I'd say Ian Murray was our MotM. Great Hibs support.

'Mon the Cabbage!

hibbie02
08-08-2009, 09:06 PM
Watched on TV. Was that the worst commentary in the world ever?

Our Keeper was a guy called Callum Bye
he called us Hertz at one stage
He called Deek, O'Reardon as well
I thought our midfield was just Rankin and Stevenson.
I heard McBride once before he was subbed
I never heard Gregg mentioned once
It was biased and about 3 seconds behind the play
We were passing the ball (and going nowhere) and he praised them for passing play (as yet another throwin was launched into the Hibs box)

Bamba was immense
Callum needs to learn how to catch the 'kin ball
Our midfield needs to learn where the forwards are (evend if 2 of them are doing the unseen work)
Where was Zoumma (Just logged on, don't know if there is a story there)
Deek tried and failed (they had a fair point when they asked why a striker is lofting the ball into the box from free kicks, rather than being on the end of it!!!!)

Ah well 2 draws against EPL opposition away, cannae be that bad. :greengrin

swanny 6-2
08-08-2009, 09:09 PM
just back fi the game thought stevenson was rank 4/10 nish worked his bottom off 8/10 bamba and murray men of the match 9/10 the 2 of them

Bostonhibby
08-08-2009, 09:24 PM
Just back, I thought Murray was Man of the Match by some way, MaKa improving and Hogg put in a great shift against 2 very awkward front men. Over the blackburn and Bolton games I felt we were missing quite a bit up front, Nish had nae chance on his own against Blackburn and it was difficult to get any quality through to him and Riordan today, am wondering where the goals are going to come from this season but am optimistic as we weren't out of our depth in either of these games.

IWasThere2016
08-08-2009, 09:32 PM
Maka was good as were IM and Bamba. Cregg was AWOL. The rest were ok.

Riordans Boots
08-08-2009, 09:44 PM
Watched on TV. Was that the worst commentary in the world ever? :agree:

Our Keeper was a guy called Callum Bye
he called us Hertz at one stage
He called Deek, O'Reardon as well
I thought our midfield was just Rankin and Stevenson.
I heard McBride once before he was subbed
I never heard Gregg mentioned once
It was biased and about 3 seconds behind the play
We were passing the ball (and going nowhere) and he praised them for passing play (as yet another throwin was launched into the Hibs box)

Bamba was immense
Callum needs to learn how to catch the 'kin ball
Our midfield needs to learn where the forwards are (evend if 2 of them are doing the unseen work)
Where was Zoumma (Just logged on, don't know if there is a story there)
Deek tried and failed (they had a fair point when they asked why a striker is lofting the ball into the box from free kicks, rather than being on the end of it!!!!)

Ah well 2 draws against EPL opposition away, cannae be that bad. :greengrin

And you must have missed him saying Steven Thighcot :greengrin

The commentary was murder :agree:

hibbie02
08-08-2009, 09:46 PM
And you must have missed him saying Steven Thighcot :greengrin

The commentary was murder :agree:
I was on Mute by the time he came on to preserve my sanity!!! :cool2:

Speedway
08-08-2009, 10:03 PM
It was a veritable cornucopia of Hibs.Net allumni today as well.

PC Stamp to the left of me, Blackpool Hibs, Darwin Hibby, BoltonHibby and The Fairnie army to my right, here I am stuck in the middle with WakeyHibby.

sparkiehibs
08-08-2009, 10:31 PM
Maka - 8

Murray - 8
Hogg - 7
Bamba - 7
DVZ - 6

Lewis - 5
Cregg - 6
McBride - 8
Rankin - 7

Deek - 7
Nish - 6

Subs

W'Spoon - 6
Currie - 6
Thicot - 6
McCann - 6

GreenPJ
08-08-2009, 10:49 PM
Maka - 8

Murray - 8
Hogg - 7
Bamba - 7
DVZ - 6

Lewis - 5
Cregg - 6
McBride - 8
Rankin - 7

Deek - 7
Nish - 6

Subs

W'Spoon - 6
Currie - 6
Thicot - 6
McCann - 6

Can you justify how Deek got a 7?

Patatango
09-08-2009, 04:30 AM
I thought Bamba was excellent today and would be my man of the match.

Murray came onto a game in the second half but that only seemed to happen when it looked like he was a bit pissed of with our lack of creativity and decided to take matters into his own hands. He really should be our captain.

Thought Maka done alright as well and we generally looked fairly solid at the back but we seriously lacked any sort of pace or creativity up front.

Judas Iscariot
09-08-2009, 10:17 AM
Pass marks to Maka, Bamba, Murray, McBride and Riordan...

The rest were poor!

IMO DVG, Rankin, Stevenson and Nish looked so so far out their depth today it was worrying!

Rankin and Stevenson continually got caught in possesion trying to turn or take it past a man but they're just too small and not technically good enough..

Deek was our ONLY threat, looked lively when getting the ball and tracked back time and time again, even the useless commentary noted that!

Nish looked like he was pulling a caravan everytime he tried to turn, nice lob but nowt else really!

We seem so lacking attacking and creative options, more so worrying now that Zouma and JJ are out for over a month each!

Still think we need a RB, CH, CM and a pacey striker, will probably only get 1 out of 4 maybe 2 if lucky..

Time will tell :agree:

Hibs90
09-08-2009, 12:16 PM
From what I can remember from the game Maka made a few good saves.

Rankin/Stevenson/DVZ/Nish well out there depth. Bamba could easily play in the EPL IMO.

sparkiehibs
09-08-2009, 02:49 PM
Can you justify how Deek got a 7?

His effort was superb

Came back looking for the ball

Good movement when he had the ball and a couple of decent free kicks and corners

Greenway
09-08-2009, 05:43 PM
If you thought the Eurosport commentator was bad, you should have listen to the live feed from BW. Our goalie was apparently "Mark Ambly".

I personally think that wee Lewis Stevenson has been very poor of late. He always seems to get forced back inside every time he's pressured on the ball.

If he doesn't start improving soon I can see him just drifting out the team. In fact I can't really see why he's getting his game just now, unless of course we're just short on any other options for his position, which would be a concern.

Hopefully he'll prove me wrong and start to add a little more bite to his game.

Hibercelona
09-08-2009, 05:57 PM
Didnt mind the commentators at all....

Mind you... They were speaking Romanian. :wink: :greengrin

Judas Iscariot
09-08-2009, 07:22 PM
Callum Buy..

Barry

fife hfc
09-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Makalambay 8
Van Zanten 7