PDA

View Full Version : Riordan

heretoday
07-08-2009, 11:26 PM
I would implore fellow Hibbies not to give Riordan a bad time.

He is the best player we have. Full stop.

iwasthere1972
07-08-2009, 11:36 PM

Think a rousing reception will take place despite the recent events. :agree:

Archie70
07-08-2009, 11:38 PM
Ditto!
Argued on a night out! Who hasn't?

Difference is everybody knows him. Victimised, it's that simple. Banned from every nightclub for arguing, it's a joke. Then they plaster it over the papers and get him another ban for trying to get in somewhere else. Anyone else that gets banned goes elsewhere and gets in because nobody knows them.

Keep reading about brawls! What brawl, it was shouting.
Spends the night in cells! No given a ticket and released.

One day he'll realise that the best way to get to those folk is just smile and walk away. Then he's won.
That and ramming in another winner against that mob, then just stand like Cantona and look at them.

They reason they hate him is simple. Jealousy.

Chin up Deeks!

broomiehibs
07-08-2009, 11:45 PM
The boy needs to concentrate on his football, on the park he is genius like, off the park he's a ned, cmon Deek screw the heid son

Riordans Boots
07-08-2009, 11:47 PM

I second your comment :agree: (Or even 5th it) :greengrin

And I have met Deeks and he is a nice guy :agree:

Daft laddie syndrome ... is that not the case for most males until they reach the age of around 80 .... that's what I heard :dunno:

Forza Fred
07-08-2009, 11:49 PM
I've actually met Deeks and found him to be a very polite, affable young laddie...a few years ago obviously.

On top of that he is a superb striker.

Like everybody else I hate it when he is in the paper for the wrong reasons - but I think that despite what others may say that he will never 'learn his lesson' that this time I think he WILL realise its not worth arguing outside nightclubs.

I'd hate to see him in anything other than a Hibs jersey, and faults or no faults he is one of us, and I too would be pleased if he was given a special cheer at our first game.

heretoday
08-08-2009, 01:21 AM
Come on Deeks! You've got to do your bit too! You're a great player! Just do it!

monktonharp
08-08-2009, 01:30 AM
The boy needs to concentrate on his football, on the park he is genius like, off the park he's a ned, cmon Deek screw the heid sonon the park he seems to concentrate pretty well, imho,and like maist young men after work he tries to put himself about,probably with a fair bit of brovado whilst in a crowd,as we all do/have done. His problem is he's a hero in only half o' his home toon.the other half are only too happy to pin something,albeit small,on him

Scotthibs1875
08-08-2009, 01:51 AM
If it was any other Hibs player hardly anyone would cut him any slack:blah:

vein
08-08-2009, 02:05 AM

How many other Hibs players are banging in the goals?

sevenil
08-08-2009, 02:08 AM

That's absolutely right - lets all just read it again and let it sink in.

Why do we have these incessant bouts of drivel from blinkered fans? He is not a GOD, just a footballer who's not handling his life very well.
My gast is flabbered when I read these stupid pleas for nobody to be nasty to him. Surely it's everyone's right to cheer him, or give him laldy as they see fit.

Borders Hibby
08-08-2009, 07:45 AM

But we are Hibs supporters so are we not allowed to be slightly biased on behalf of a slightly flawed genius dressed in green? Good luck Deeks!:agree:

Bostonhibby
08-08-2009, 08:07 AM
Looking forward to giving him a big welcome once the strips on, but FFS derek, screw the nut...................don't give the bassas the satisfaction

Oscar Lomax
08-08-2009, 08:28 AM
The boy needs to concentrate on his football, on the park he is genius like, off the park he's a ned, cmon Deek screw the heid son

C'mon.....he's not a bad player but genius like, I think not.
He needs to concentrate on being a good footballer at the moment. Dont think Hibs will take much more of his antics, victimised or not. He should not be putting himslf in compromising situation.

blueisthecolour
08-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Is John Hughes going to play Riordan when the seasn starts or punish him and himself and the hibs fans by not playing him?

Dibben
08-08-2009, 06:24 PM
Ditto!
Argued on a night out! Who hasn't?

Difference is everybody knows him. Victimised, it's that simple. Banned from every nightclub for arguing, it's a joke. Then they plaster it over the papers and get him another ban for trying to get in somewhere else. Anyone else that gets banned goes elsewhere and gets in because nobody knows them.

Keep reading about brawls! What brawl, it was shouting.
Spends the night in cells! No given a ticket and released.

One day he'll realise that the best way to get to those folk is just smile and walk away. Then he's won.
That and ramming in another winner against that mob, then just stand like Cantona and look at them.

They reason they hate him is simple. Jealousy.

Chin up Deeks!

:agree: :top marks

BH.

Jim44
08-08-2009, 06:25 PM
I think and hope that Hughes will play Riordan. The onus is on Riordan to play his part and divorce himself from the reputation he has earned. Not only does he have to earn the respect of the fans but I think his team-mates will be far from impressed by his behaviour and will be looking for some sort of payback. A hat-trick in the first game of the season might go a long way in building bridges.

RIP
08-08-2009, 09:58 PM
My 11 year old laddie was playing in a football tournament in Stirling today. The team's top striker Coco is lightning fast and can score with either foot from just about anywhere on the pitch.

At one point he beat 2 men and was dispossed. He ran back twenty yards to tackle and win back the ball, then passed outside.

The return ball was behind him but again he ran back, won the ball and laid off to a fellow striker to score.

What he didn't do was put his hands up in the air to complain about the crap pass, refuse to chase the ball or try to score the world cup goal when there was someone in a better position.

Sas_The_Hibby
08-08-2009, 11:37 PM

Would you rather give him a 'good time'? :wink::drool:

Riordans Boots
08-08-2009, 11:44 PM
Would you rather give him a 'good time'? :wink::drool:

:cool2:

Baldy Foghorn
09-08-2009, 07:29 AM

Yes we should all be shouting words of encouragement, for his off the field antics and acting like a pratt:confused:

HibbingtonHibs
10-08-2009, 11:44 PM
I would implore Deek not to give fellow Hibbies a bad time by continually behaving like a 17 yr old spanner.

He is the most immature player we have. Full stop.

500miles
11-08-2009, 12:04 AM
He's 26 years old, "daft laddie syndrome" doesn't come into it. Twelve months of saying the right things, steering clear of nightclubs and city centre bars, and playing to his full potential will get him far. However, he doesn't seem to understand that a few words said in the right way will get him A)turned away calmly B)in the club. He should have learned by now that Unight are using him as a publicity tool, and adapt his favoured haunts accordingly.

That said, he's looking more slender this season, which will help him no end on the pitch.

Hibs90
11-08-2009, 02:14 AM
26 is still young. Its the crowd he associates himself which doesn't help in the first place.

We all know he has all the talent in the world. I'm gonna predict a newly refreshed, fully fit Deek topping the SPL scoring charts this season.

sevenil
11-08-2009, 02:26 AM
26 is still young. Its the crowd he associates himself which doesn't help in the first place.

We all know he has all the talent in the world. I'm gonna predict a newly refreshed, fully fit Deek topping the SPL scoring charts this season.

Mmm....we're all hoping for the best then, on a wing and a prayer.

Leopard, Spots and all that, but I think all the signs suggest it will all probably go pear shaped sooner or later.... unfortunately.

But time will tell.

CRAZYHIBBY
11-08-2009, 06:37 AM
some fans are pathetic ....as the saying goes " let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

Keith_M
11-08-2009, 06:43 AM
I'm not exactly sure of the point of the post, as I don't imagine most fans will be giving him a hard time (other than the few miserable cants that would probably boo Pele in a Hibs jersey).

If he screws the nut and performs where it matters most, on the park, then he'll get the backing of the support. If he acts like a total Benji, he'll get pelters.

Over to you Deek!