PDA

View Full Version : aberdeen give trials to craig rocastle

Sloppy
07-08-2009, 09:44 PM
would you take him back at easter road

vein
07-08-2009, 09:48 PM

Dont think we need him as we have Cregg and McBride taking turns at the Matty Jack Role now.

MSK
07-08-2009, 09:49 PM
would you take him back at easter roadNaw ..is he no playing 5 a sides at the Pitz now !!!

gogs_t
07-08-2009, 10:42 PM

Nope. :tin hat:Tin hat on here but I thought he was overrated. I honestly believe that if he'd been with us longer, his limitations would have been found out. The same as they have been at the other clubs he moved to.

ScottB
07-08-2009, 11:13 PM
Of all the players that people campaign to have brought back, this is the most ridiculous.

CABBAGE & RIBS
07-08-2009, 11:18 PM
He wasn't that good the first time we had him and he's been around the clubs, why would we want him.

broomiehibs
08-08-2009, 01:02 AM
Average player at his peak, i hope the sheep get him, it shows how weak they are

Steve-O
08-08-2009, 02:28 AM
Didn't he already come back for a trial and not win a contract?

NOLA
08-08-2009, 03:35 AM

thats what i was thinking? was it under mixu? thought he was decent enough once he got fit and up to the speed of scots footie, however his running style always made me think 'he's never a player' if he was as good as his uncle then he wouldn't even get a sniff here, shame.

Oscar Lomax
08-08-2009, 07:02 AM

Not this again.....I can't believe it. :grr:
The guy WAS gash and still IS gash. You granny could move faster pal....can an admin not delete this codswollop .....unreal
Aberdeen are welcome to him.

Dashing Bob S
08-08-2009, 08:25 AM
Come on chaps! Rocky had a decent season for us and provided bite in the middle and enjoyed his time here. Sadly, he put the King's shilling first and has failed at every club since then and is not getting any younger. That (and the failed trial two seasons back) would conclude he is now a busted flush of a player, so A'deen are welcome to him, though I suspect McGhee might see his limitations.

But lets not take away what he did have in his ER spell.

--------
08-08-2009, 10:17 AM
Come on chaps! Rocky had a decent season for us and provided bite in the middle and enjoyed his time here. Sadly, he put the King's shilling first and has failed at every club since then and is not getting any younger. That (and the failed trial two seasons back) would conclude he is now a busted flush of a player, so A'deen are welcome to him, though I suspect McGhee might see his limitations.

But lets not take away what he did have in his ER spell.

Wasn't even a season, Bob.

Totally agree - not a road we want to go back down.

McGumpty, on the other hand, MAY be getting a tad desperate..... :devil:

HibeeUnderwood
08-08-2009, 07:44 PM

I would, thought he was fantastic when he came here a few years ago. If he earns a contract up north then it will be interesting to see how he gets on.

Dibben
08-08-2009, 08:11 PM

thats what i was thinking? was it under mixu? thought he was decent enough once he got fit and up to the speed of scots footie, however his running style always made me think 'he's never a player' if he was as good as his uncle then he wouldn't even get a sniff here, shame.

:agree:

Sure he had a trail last summer with Mixu!!

BH.

MountcastleHibs
08-08-2009, 10:07 PM

Good player when here under TM. I think we should be looking to the future and not the past now and Cregg and McBride are going to be that future :greengrin

bigell
08-08-2009, 10:46 PM
Good player when here under TM. I think we should be looking to the future and not the past now and Cregg and McBride are going to be that future :greengrin

this was mentioned on radio scotland today,at one point sturrock signed him for sheffield wed I think it was and he says Rocastle was the worst signing he ever made.....