PDA

View Full Version : (Greggs) Kieran Charnock

Hamish
07-08-2009, 02:48 PM
Text received that Hibs are in talks with this guy. Defender currently at Torquay Utd.

Tomato, Brown and pretty unreliable.:greengrin

--------
07-08-2009, 02:57 PM
Text received that Hibs are in talks with this guy. Defender currently at Torquay Utd.

Started at Wigan, then Southport, Northwich Victoria, Peterborough, Accrington and now Torquay.

5'11", just turned 26. An England 'C' cap, whatever that means.

I'll say it and get it over with - he's not Hibs class, and it's a total disgrace that we're even looking at a player from the lower reaches of the English Leagues, get-it-sorted-Petrie, Yogi-you-must-be-joking-leave-NOW.

There. Sorted. :wink:

I think you're the first for a long time to come out right off and say your source is unreliable. Who knows? We may end up signing this bloke. :devil:

Big90inOz
07-08-2009, 03:36 PM
What about Worcester ? :greengrin

fife hfc
07-08-2009, 04:03 PM
looks to me that he has just signed for Torquay (certainly going by wikipedia, if correct).

heretoday
07-08-2009, 04:13 PM
There's only one Kieran Charnock.....

hibbie02
07-08-2009, 05:04 PM
Any relation to Charnock Richard? :greengrin

ancient hibee
07-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Whatever happened to guys with normal names like Paul Kane,John Fraser or Yannick Zambernardi?

erin go bragh
07-08-2009, 07:31 PM
:grr:5.11 what good would that be. we need a big 6.2plus commanding centre half ffs:boo hoo:

Danderhall Hibs
07-08-2009, 07:34 PM
:grr:5.11 what good would that be. we need a big 6.2plus commanding centre half ffs:boo hoo:

I heard his standing jump is 4 inches higher than that of your average 6ft2inch centre-half. :agree:

--------
08-08-2009, 12:15 AM
What about WORCESTER ? :greengrin

SAUCE? :devil:

I'll get ma coat..... :rolleyes:

Scotthibs1875
08-08-2009, 01:00 AM
Started at Wigan, then Southport, Northwich Victoria, Peterborough, Accrington and now Torquay.

5'11", just turned 26. An England 'C' cap, whatever that means.

I'll say it and get it over with - he's not Hibs class, and it's a total disgrace that we're even looking at a player from the lower reaches of the English Leagues, get-it-sorted-Petrie, Yogi-you-must-be-joking-leave-NOW.

There. Sorted. :wink:

I think you're the first for a long time to come out right off and say your source is unreliable. Who knows? We may end up signing this bloke. :devil:

You havent even seen him play!:bitchy:

HibeesLA
08-08-2009, 05:59 AM

I refer the poster to the Fundamental Principles & Doctrines of Hibs.net (http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=157099).

Specifically rule #2:

- No signing is ever 'Hibs class'. Those that become Hibs Class will have been predicted by 270 individual posters on here, who told us all along from the beginning what great quality the player would be. You will not be able to trace their posts to confirm this.

:greengrin

Ringothedog
08-08-2009, 06:17 AM
you havent even seen him play!:bitchy:

whooooooooooosh!

Bostonhibby
08-08-2009, 08:04 AM
travelling up to Bolton today with a guy who watches the "Posh" so will get the low down and he can tell me afterwards if Hibs are Charnock "class"

--------
08-08-2009, 09:45 AM

Of COURSE I haven't seen him play!

Since when has anyone on this board been required to have seen a player play before rubbishing him and writing him off?

You some sort of Bolshevik revolutionary, son? :devil:

Seriously, we would do well to remember one James Alan Holton from Lesmahagow, who was signed by Manchester United from Shrewsbury Town.

United were in the old Second Division (Championship to the infants) at the time.

Shrewsbury were goodness knows where - Seventh Circle of Hell, facing relegation to the Eighth, for all I know.

Anyway, Holton signs for United.

Cue universal chorus of "Who????????" and "What the ****?" and "HE's never United class!" and "What a huddy!"

Not a bad player, as it turned out, Big Jim ....

"Six foot two, eyes of blue, Big Jim Holton's after you, na-na-NA-na, na-NA-na, na-naaaaa...."

Ah, my mis-spent youth! :devil:

I don't think we'll sign this lad Charnock, but I won't discount him till I've seen him.

Disc O'Dave
08-08-2009, 10:42 AM
Any relation to Charnock Richard? :greengrin

He might provide better service to the midfield and forwards.....

BEEJ
08-08-2009, 12:05 PM
Of COURSE I haven't seen him play!

Since when has anyone on this board been required to have seen a player play before rubbishing him and writing him off?

Seriously, we would do well to remember one James Alan Holton from Lesmahagow, who was signed by Manchester United from Shrewsbury Town.

I don't think we'll sign this lad Charnock, but I won't discount him till I've seen him.
Doddie, despite diving in in anticipation of a chorus of wailing, there is none on this thread, bar a gentle swipe at the guy's name! :confused:

I realise that for you, like me, the departure of Mixu eclipses all other transfer activity this summer. :wink:

But folks do still have some cause to express their reservations at this stage in the proceedings. Personally, I will form a judgement on the squad come 1st September.

Hibiza
01-09-2009, 09:41 AM
Any news on this one. seen it in a makkam paper. prob greggs.

RIP
01-09-2009, 09:52 AM

What about Worcester ? :greengrin

SAUCE?
I'll get ma coat..... :rolleyes:

Doddie am I missing something?

Hamish starts us off with "Tomato, Brown" (Sauce), Big90 replies with a witty reposte of "Worcester" (Sauce) but then you add an odd reply of ....."SAUCE"

:confused:

Please explain :greengrin