PDA

View Full Version : Pubs in southampton

Haymaker
07-08-2009, 12:30 PM
Im moving to southampton to start a uni course and dont want to miss the games next season, anyone know any boozers that show hibs games?

Edinburgh Green
07-08-2009, 12:50 PM
Speak to wee Deek :wink:

SouthamptonHibs
07-08-2009, 06:49 PM
Im moving to southampton to start a uni course and dont want to miss the games next season, anyone know any boozers that show hibs games?

There's a few bars just of the main street (above bar street) that have sky and show all the games. Not sure if they'll subscribe to ESPN. Most bars will show the Hibs games, all i'd say is check before hand with the pub, if there's an EPL game or championship game happening at the same time most pubs will have they English games on.

Walkabout shows all the scottish games - opposite the stippers "for your eyes only"

Hail hail

Haymaker
07-08-2009, 07:45 PM
There's a few bars just of the main street (above bar street) that have sky and show all the games. Not sure if they'll subscribe to ESPN. Most bars will show the Hibs games, all i'd say is check before hand with the pub, if there's an EPL game or championship game happening at the same time most pubs will have they English games on.

Walkabout shows all the scottish games - opposite the stippers "for your eyes only"

Hail hail

cheers!

Bristolhibby
07-08-2009, 10:01 PM

My brother goes to Uni down there. What course are you doing? I will ask him where is good for footie.

Are you Southampon or the Institute?

J

hibbie02
07-08-2009, 10:24 PM
There is a cracking pub down near Ocean Village that used to be a Lighthouse, still has the circular bar. Since they built St Mary's it is very close to there too now. It has been a good few years since I lived there, but that pub was always a great place for sport.

I mind watching Scotland v England rugby games and guys were running round the bar on the table tops when points were scored (on both sides :wink:). Cannae mind the name of the place but I spent many days/nights on the peeve with fine people there! :thumbsup:

Pedantic_Hibee
07-08-2009, 10:39 PM
I solved the problem by getting Virgin Media in the house therefore I don't need to visit the boozers in Southampton :greengrin

I imagine a fair few would show the Hibs games though.

Haymaker
08-08-2009, 11:27 AM
My brother goes to Uni down there. What course are you doing? I will ask him where is good for footie.

Are you Southampon or the Institute?

J

Im going to Solent on a Sports Coaching degree, cheers mate!

Nameless
08-08-2009, 11:40 AM
When I was in Southampton, Walkabout was the place to watch the games. Loads of TV's, and the place is vast, so it never feels over crowded. I can't remember it's name, but there is a bar opposite the Spar near the Uni that is really nice. A great selection of real ales, and the boy who runs it is a really nice fella.