PDA

View Full Version : Friday night drinkies

lyonhibs
07-08-2009, 01:45 AM
What with a whole lot of Hibbies having to get up at silly am on Saturday morning to get down to Bolton from Edinburgh, this presumably means that a good deal of said Hibbies will be doing the medically questionable thing of drinking tomorrow night. I have an Israeli friend over and tomorrow night is his last night in Edinburgh - I am basically faced with 2 choices - either a mini pub crawl down ER/Leith Walk or to the Spiegel tent for overpriced, yet multi-cultural fun. So, firstly, how many Hibbies are liable to be on either of those 2 great throughfares tomorrow night and secondly where pulls the best pint on either of those 2. I'll probably go to the Spiegel tent if ER/Leith Walk are liable to be dead and/or full of bams.

Possibly this should be on another board now I think about it, so Admins, move if you wish.

GGTTH

Onceinawhile
07-08-2009, 01:51 AM
Basically, what your saying is, Ive got a friend over and I want to get hammered, where is Antwerp Hibs going, well I'm not planning on going anywhere.

But I would suggest, going into town, proper and teaching him a lesson. E.g. We don't need to bomb our neighbours:agree:

EskbankHibby
07-08-2009, 06:24 AM
Harp and Castle, mate. Leith Walks finest, good Hibby bar owned by a good Hibby.

Magic pint of Belhaven Best and it's open fronted so you can sit outside and perv, ehm, watch the world go by.......

Thecat23
07-08-2009, 06:52 AM
What with a whole lot of Hibbies having to get up at silly am on Saturday morning to get down to Bolton from Edinburgh, this presumably means that a good deal of said Hibbies will be doing the medically questionable thing of drinking tomorrow night. I have an Israeli friend over and tomorrow night is his last night in Edinburgh - I am basically faced with 2 choices - either a mini pub crawl down ER/Leith Walk or to the Spiegel tent for overpriced, yet multi-cultural fun. So, firstly, how many Hibbies are liable to be on either of those 2 great throughfares tomorrow night and secondly where pulls the best pint on either of those 2. I'll probably go to the Spiegel tent if ER/Leith Walk are liable to be dead and/or full of bams.

Possibly this should be on another board now I think about it, so Admins, move if you wish.

GGTTH

I believe the spiegel tent is not in Edinburgh this year due to trouble the past couple of years. I hear it's down at Norh Berwick.

Wembley67
07-08-2009, 08:00 AM
I believe the spiegel tent is not in Edinburgh this year due to trouble the past couple of years. I hear it's down at Norh Berwick.

Yep correct. I was up at the spiegel tent's old spot last night, can't remember what it's called now but still a good laugh even though the beer is extortinate :grr:

Thecat23
07-08-2009, 08:11 AM
Yep correct. I was up at the spiegel tent's old spot last night, can't remember what it's called now but still a good laugh even though the beer is extortinate :grr:

Oh right so there is something else there instead? Might pop up tonight have a wee look. Saying that if it's super dear then 2 pints and back to the local for me :greengrin

Jack
07-08-2009, 08:31 AM
Might be inclined to start at the Persevere, 2 steak and chips and a bottle of [admittedly crap] wine for £20 all in. Their other food is good too.

Take in the Coopers for an early Karaoke, I might be there, then just make your way up the road. If at any stage you get fed up with ER leap on a bus and go up town.

The Harp & Castle is a very good Hibees pub but to be quite honest I’m not very keen on many others on Leith Walk.

Petrie's Tache
07-08-2009, 09:05 AM
Go to Nobles and get him trashed on Gran Reserva Peroni. :greengrin

WellingtonHibby
07-08-2009, 09:13 AM
Top Beer! But they do Innis & Gunn too, another cracker, but from Edinburgh.
I shall be checking out this Harp and Castle tonight, a recon mission, if you will for tommorow morning, as prior experiences have taught me that navigation + early mornings dont usually mix, especially with a hangover thrown in. I shall be on my Jack Jones. Say hello!

Petrie's Tache
07-08-2009, 01:32 PM
Good choice:wink:

EskbankHibby
07-08-2009, 02:20 PM
Top Beer! But they do Innis & Gunn too, another cracker, but from Edinburgh.
I shall be checking out this Harp and Castle tonight, a recon mission, if you will for tommorow morning, as prior experiences have taught me that navigation + early mornings dont usually mix, especially with a hangover thrown in. I shall be on my Jack Jones. Say hello!

Mental stuff, had some at the bar opposite the station (?Hebridean) last weekend, like drinking a caramel wafer that gets you pished, weird.

O'Rourke3
07-08-2009, 02:59 PM

:hijack:Has nobles started putting bands on again yet or are they happy with crowds of 2 or 3 still?